z

Young Writers Society

The Prince of Theives

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:03 am
FadingBrighter says...

In the Capitol city of Azreul, theives must abide by the law of the Grand Lotus- a group of the brightest and most noteworthy talents of the underground. The leader, a man by the name Saher, created this organization with the intent of teaching the poor children how to fend for themselves in hopes of creating a more equal and safe city.

Aladdin, who has been raised and trained by Saher himself, is nicknamed the 'Prince of Thieves' by the townspeople because of his incredible talent. Because of his abilities, he is a favorite of Saher, who tasks him with traveling to the mythical cave of wonders and bringing back the lamp of the genie. Together, he and several of his companions head into the dessert in search of an ancient myth and an incomprehendable truth.

♢°♢°♢Important Info♢°♢°♢

This story is set in a fictional world loosely based on the tale of Aladdin. It is meant to focus on group world building and character development. If you want to join, please put a lot of thought into your charecters. I want this to be a fun exercise in the other aspects of writing than the plot. Feel free to be creative and think outside the box. If writing goes well, I will eventually create an ooc page.

♢°♢°♢Rules♢°♢°♢
1.No God Mod. Please. Each character will have an equal share in this story, and an equal opportunity to develop. That also means that any one character will not have a stronger 'intuition' than any others.
2. If you decide that you want to kill a character or create a relationship with another charecter, please contact the writer first and get their permission.
3. Try to keep things PG13
4. Have fun and go all out!

♢°♢°♢Profile Skeleton♢°♢°♢

☆please send me your profile before posting!
You can choose any two colors for the font
Spoiler! :
Name:(First and Last)
[img](IMAGE)[/img]

Defining Aspect:
(one aspect of your charecter's
appearance which you think defines them most.)
Personality:(Who is your charecter anyway?)
Background:(A quick recap of your charecter's history)
Skill:(what is your charecter good at in regards to theiving?)
Additional:
Last edited by FadingBrighter on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Omnia mutantur, nihil interit (everything changes, nothing perishes).”
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

31 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:23 pm
FadingBrighter says...

Well, I suppose we'll get started. This an easy stripy to add characters into, so others can join in time
Last edited by FadingBrighter on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:29 am
dragonthief1 says...

@FadingBrighter
got my charater page in

Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:32 am
dragonthief1 says...

@FadingBrighter
do u want to do the first post so i know where to begin?

31 Reviews

Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:07 am
FadingBrighter says...

(Okay, I'm on it)

It was simply a matter of skill. He knew that all too well. He'd been one of the lucky ones, skilled enough to join the inner ranks, skilled enough to be the pupil of a master.
"I am here to speak with master Saher." Aladdin said to the guard opted outside the door. The man nodded, stepping aside to let him through.
"Master." Stepping inside, Aladdin knelt before the shadowed figure, eyes focused to the floor.
"Aladdin, good, you came sooner than I expected." The voice was not as one would expect it to be. Smooth, with a slight lilt, not the voice of a thief.it was the voice of a leader, their leader.
" I received your message as soon as I arrived." Aladdin stated. He'd been out in the city with some of the children.
" then I trust things went well?"
"Yes master." The room fell silent, and Aladdin could feel Saher's gaze on him.
" rise."
"Yes, master." Aladdin did as he was instructed, focusing his gaze on the great leader of the Grand Lotus, the king of thieves himself. He was an older man, but he didn't look old. Saher always stood tall, and his presence was heavy with authority. His gold eyes here bright with wisdom, and they bore down on others with a calculating stare. He had the appearance and bearing of a leader.
" I have a mission for you. Tell me Aladdin, have you ever heard of the cave of wonders?"
(Alright, your turn! Sorry for any errors, I don't have internet quite yet, so I'm writing this from my phone)
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:44 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Please create a Discussion Topic! I don't like to read SB's which gets interrupted by these OOC's.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:34 pm
FadingBrighter says...

Here is the link to the discussion page.
The Prince of Thieves (DT)
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:38 pm
dragonthief1 says...

Beziel Fahd

"Get the rat!!" I grin as a group of the Sultan's soldiers run past where I'm hidden. I run up the closest wall and grab a window sill. I use it to push myself up to the leadge of the small house. I heave myself up and roll forward. I glance around then grin. My fist flies out and punches the unexpecting sentry in the jaw. I pull him too the corner of the building and take his sword. It was an ornately carved shamshir. It gleamed at me and i stuck it through my belt. My flint and steel jingle in a pocket as I begin hopping and climbing form roof to roof, keeping away from the Sultan's search parties. While i hadn't set fire to his stables, I had stampeded his herd, and was currently hiding his prize stallion, Son of The Wind, and was intending on keeping him. I guess you could say I was the bad apple in our society. Bad Beziel Fahd, the scourge of the Grand Lotus.
I just did what I wanted. I did try to help those less fortunate, but I wasn't like Alladin, the star pupil. I didn't hate him, but i just thought he was trying to hard to seem good. I shrugged away my thoughts as I entered the stables where I was hiding Son of the Wind and smiled at the stablekeeper. He grinned at me. He and I had an agreement. I would always keep his stables stocked, and he would let me use a horse when I needed one. How i got the horses though, he never asked. I bowed."Salaam my friend. May I see my new friend." He bowed and returned leading a beautiful Palimono stallion. I handed the man some silver coins." I thank you."
With that I made my escape and headed to a small vilalage several miles from the Capitol Azreul. I paid someone to watch the horse and entered the small tavern and sat down. I heard the whispers."The Dragon" float around like a dragonfly. I smiled than froze. I heard the jangle of armour and the sound of snorthing horses outside, and so did the townspeople. They began hiding in the corners as the Sultan's soldeirs entered the room. I fel a man stop behind me.'' Are you the one they call the Dragon?" I hid my smile behind my Keffiyeh. I turned and punched him in the stomach. a group of four soldiers charged me with their swords. I pulled out my shamshir and spun around, dodging a blow. I zipped through them, cutting their belts from their pants, causing their trousers to fall around their smile. I grinned and bowed slowly."Tell the Sultan I thank him for the Wind." I ran off and mounted my horse, and raced back towards the city, to hide in my oldest hiding spot...
The Compound of the Grand Lotus

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:24 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Silion

Another successful robbery
The street laterns were just being lit as Silion farni i-Terad made his way down the Merchant's Hill to the Harbour of Garesh. He passed several people, mostly poor villagers making their way back to their various residences, but he also passed by travelers and merchants seeking a place to sleep for the night. When he passed the occasional City Guard patrols, he ensured that they could see little to no part of his body, making him almost seem like another shadow dancing against the wall.
As he hid from one of the patrols, his hand felt inside his cloak for the small purse. He could feel the individual sizes and edges of the crystals inside.
Good, I didn't lose them.
He had received this contract via a mysterious letter. The only things the letter told Silion were the details of the robbery, which was to simply steal the purse of gems from a spice merchant's house, as well as, judging by the precise handwriting, that his employer was rich and educated.
The robbery wasn't as easy as Silion assumed it would be. The spice merchant he was assigned to rob was the second largest (no-one ever knows the second one, but always the first), thus his manor was guarded by twelve private mercenaries. After having predict their patrolling routes and the time they take to change shifts, Silion made his way to the first lock; the front door. The lock seemed ordinary enough, but four lockpicks broke (more yhan just bad luck), Silion realized that this was no ordinary lock. It was called an Oyster's Lock, because it was almost unbreakable, except for with the key, of course.
Silion then decided to try and climb up the vines growing up the side of one of the walls. Fortunately the balcony door was only a silk curtain and thus proved no challenge to Silion.
The jewelry box in which the gems were supposedly kept was standing on a low table at the centre of a next door chamber. The looked proved easy to pick, eventhough it was rigged to several traps, which surprised even an experienced thief like Silion.
And that was how he stole the gems. He only had to kill one mercenary as he was making his escape. Now he was heading to the Harbour to receive his payment. The great Eastern Sea glittered in the light of the half-moon which slowly crept it way across the starlit sky, oblivious of the nightly affairs of Man. A thoudand masts were bobbing in the Harbour, from the large, magnificent masts of the Sultan's Warships and Imperial trading vessels, to the humble posts of fishermen's boats, all slumbering together on the slumbering sea.
Silion made his way through the maze of harbour offices and warehouses, side-stepping the sewage that was flowing down the hill into the water, and filled the air with a salty yet putrid odour. There were very few to no street lanterns in this part of the Great City, but it mattered little to Silion, who grew in the darkness of alleyways.
The moon had crept high up her solitary path when he found the correct building. It was more or less three storeys high and seemed well looked after, with glass windows, painted shutters, and doors that were not broken.
It's a trap
Those three words passed through Silion's mind as he crept closer to the warehouse, avoiding the white gaze of the moon as much as possible.
As he neared the doors, he glanced the faintest hint of movement through a glass window in the warehouse.
But then, before he could react to the movement, he felt a large force hit the back of his head and knocked him unconscience.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
— Captain James T. Kirk