Young Writers Society

London School for the Musically Talented- LSMT for short

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:00 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Adric|

"Good evening, fellow musicians."
Adric slightly zoned out after that point. He had heard it all before, besides, there were only two types of orientation speeches: The ones that told us we were all different, or the ones that told us we were all equal. He heard the odd snatches of PC jargon; "Unique, "Maximum potential," the occasional "110%". Adric looked at his fellow students in boredom. They certainly weren't an average bunch, a huge variety of garments and hairstyles were visible even in the people sitting near him. He saw a white fedora in the crowd, and felt a pang of envy.
When the speech was ended Adric stood, bowed to the women present with "I bid you farewell, good ladies," and wheeled his trunk to the reception area.
"Ah, Master Noble I presume. You have the final single dorm, in the attic room. If you head down the main corridor of the dormitory building you will come to a small door at the end. this will take you to a back spiral staircase, which will lead to the attic room. It is smaller than the rest and there is a low ceiling, but it is furnished just the same and you get the boon that you also have the turret room."
Turret room! This was more than Adric could have hoped for! He thanked the receptionist, and made his way to his rooms.
The dormitory building was full of students. Adric saw Zaine, but he had disappeared into the crowd before he had time to greet him. He saw a room to his left bearing the brass plaque "Common rooms." Adric made a mental note to check them out after he had finished unpacking.
When he got to the end of the corridor he opened the door at the end, and started dragging his suitcase up the spiral staircase beyond. He had his melodeon in its protective case on his back, and by the time he got to the top, which was a longer way up than he had imagined, he was panting and had the beginnings of a stitch in his side.
He straightened himself, and looked around at his surroundings. And he was impressed. The lighting was much lower than downstairs; without the light on the only source of light was from a circular stained glass window in one wall, which cast muticoloured splashes of light on the opposite wall and floor. The carpeting was the same, and there was the same yellow-cream wallpaper that he ha seen downstairs, but instead of the solid desk he had been expecting, a oaken three legged table stood in the middle of the room, with carvings all around the legs. The bed stood in one corner, quite modern, and a bedside table sat next to it. An old oaken wardrobe was in the corner, and on the same wall were two doors. Adric checked them, the first led to a bathroom, a modern affair with a shower, and the second to another flight of spiral stairs. Adric ascended, and found after half a rotation... the tower room. it was small, about two metres in diameter, with four slit windows, and a chair. This was better than he could have possibly hoped for.
Adric wondered why his rooms were so different from the rest of the building as he was unpacking. He guessed they must have been an attic, and they had to make it into a room because they filled the others. Or perhaps there were more girls than boys, and they didn't want girls and boys sharing a room. Probably very wise. Whatever the reason, he was glad of his rooms. That said, he had some shopping to do. He needed to buy a kettle and china, for when he wanted to serve tea and coffee. And there weren't any bookshelves in here...
Once his unpacking was finished Adric went down to the common rooms. They were large, with large sofas and armchairs. Adric spotted the two ladies he had half-met at orientation, one with a ginger Mohawk and another with a bun.
"Good evening ladies, I don't believe we've been introduced. My name is Adric Noble, but please call me Adric. Yours?"
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:22 pm
dragonthief1 says...

Kyler Poltiers

After promising to return to Maria after I had stashed my stuff i entered my room. My room mate had obviously picked their side of the room which I did not mind in the least as I glanced a round the room. I began to make my side of the room mine. Posters of Coeur De Pirate, Faudel, and Yelle went up, as well as my trophy case of horse riding trophies. I was an excellent rider if i say so myself. I placed my guitar on its stand and sat it next to my desk. I hooked up my laptop and left it charging as i placed a jacket on and left my room.
Many of my fellow students were in the commons room, talking with their fellow students. I instantly spotted Maria, seeing as she was still wearing my sweater. I walked towards her and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around with a curious look which soon turned into a blush."I wondered if you would need to continue using my jacket?' I asked politely."I've started moving in all my stuff and i was just wondering where i could put it." She almost ripped the sweater off in her haste to remove. She held it out and offered it to him.
I smiled at her enthusiasm."However, my closet is full right now and I was wondering if you could hold on to it for me." She blushed even a deeper shade of red and I couldnt help but smile at her beauty. She nodded at me and folded it and placed it next to her." Do you have any idea what they make here?" She shook her head."Not exactly. I believe they make pretty much everything but im not quite sure they will have authentic Spainish foods." I grinned at her."So I guess I shouldnt expect any French cuisines?" She smiled at me." Probably not."
I leaned down and whispered in her ear."However, I do know of a reputable French restraunt not far from here if you would like to accompany me. The booklet says we can leave campus, but must be back by 9:00 p.m. If you would like to accompany me." She looked at me curiously, as if trying to determine if I was being serious or joking. I pulled out my credit card."Madame Santiago? Shall we?" I awaited her reply eagerly as she glanced around than nodded. My heart almost flew like a dove as I grinned at her."Meet me back here in 15 minutes so I can change and call a limousine." Her eyes widened.
"You really expect me to take a woman as beautiful as you in a vehicle as dirty as a London cab? Madame, excuse my feelings, but mes normes sont plus élevées que." She glanced at me curiously. I smiled in embarresment."Pardon moi. I said my standards are higher than that." I smiled as she blushed." Are you planning to rape me?"She asked. I froze as she began to giggle."I'm joking with you Kyler. I'll meet you back here than." She truned to leave than added."You don't need to change your clothes. You look perfect as you are." As soon as those words left her mouth she left the commons at a quick pace. I picked up my phone and dialed a number.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:42 pm
LordGreenleaf says...

Zaine

The common room was packed by the time I settled into a chair, next to a guy with a long brown ponytail and a fed-up expression.

Oh what the hell I thought. May as well introduce myself.

"I'm Zaine." I said, holding out a hand. He glanced up and grinned, which changed his whole face into something almost child-like.

"Shaun." He shook my hand vigorously. "So, you enjoying it thus far?" Shaun said, looking over at me.

"I'm excited for tomorrow, but for now all I want is to go to bed." I smiled. "Do you want me to introduce you to some people?" I asked, looked over at Ceri, Anna and Adric on the other side of the room. Shaun shrugged, but I led him over.

Ceri looked up at me and smiled, and I could feel the blush creeping up my face.

"Hey guys, can we join you?" I asked, looking over at the empty seats. "Oh and this is Shaun by the way." I said, gesturing to Shaun. He smiled.

"May I join you to?" A voice said from behind us.
Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. - Jim Carey

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:11 pm
Blackwood says...

Timothy Kastaovichstiensky

Disgusting. Dreaded. First Years.
There was nothing Timmy dreaded more than the wave of newbies that invaded the early months of school, sinking both it and him down into a deep pit of despair.

Why? Because one could be shockingly surprised about how many non-real, useless musicians thought they could cut themselves out for music school. Music school was a place of prestige, a place of learning, a place of musical worship. Not some fun camp for people to throw around a useless guitar and call themselves an artist.

Timmy had been attending music school ever since he was a young chap of fifteen, but this year, due to his awful past experiences in orientation week, he had decided to show up a few days late, to avoid the horrible meddling of all the newbies.

As he and his grudging sister and mother helped him carry his hundreds of cases toward his familiar room, his biggest woe was what the new newbie could have done to it. In all of his years, the person who he shared a room with had always either happened to be some sort of idiot or quit the school or one of them had to move rooms due to some uncanny clash, but would it be possible to hope for something different this time? Would it be possible to pray for a true musician to bond with?

It seemed unlikely, and Timmy was ready to get back into sync with the school and room he called home. He had a strange feeling in his gut, that this bath of newbies were either going to be the worse there ever was, or surprisingly better that usual. The answer would reveal itself to him in the forthcoming days.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman