z

Young Writers Society

Neverland

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:21 pm
elysian says...

Plot:

You all know the childhood story of Neverland. How about we add a twist? This is the Neverland, but this Neverland is focused more towards teenagers/young adults. It's darker, it's got more secrets, and dark forces.

Here's The Deal.

We're living in the depressed generation of teenagers. Self-harm, abuse, suicide, depression, anxiety...That's the heavy topics we're taking on here. We'll have some dark forces which will be more explained below. But basically, there's Rage, Depression, Anxiety, Death, and Force. These are witches and warlocks. And then there's the teens. I'd like to have 5 or 6 teens and then the 5 evil forces. We will also need a Peter Pan. Hook will be the leader of the Teens (good side) since Peter Pan is evil. And TigerLilly can be one of the teenagers. I may just nab that character.

Evil Forces:

(He is just generalized. can be either gender.)

Spoiler! :
Rage - The leader. He can make you turn against your family and friends. He can make you filled with hate, but it does exhaust him. So he can't use it forever.

Depression - He just downright makes you shut down because you're so miserable. You just feel like nothings worth it anymore.

Anxiety - Shows you your worse fears. Scars you so much some have died, but he almost dies with them because he uses so much energy.

Death - Is most dangerous, but he doesn't show up until it's time. (Whoever gets this character can not just take other characters lifes, must decide with that character that they should be killed.)

Force - He has limited power, he can not make someone kill him/herself or kill anyone else against their will, but he can force them to do anything else. Death won't allow the fates to be twisted.

Tinker Bell - She is with Peter Pan. The rest is up to you.

Characters:

Spoiler! :
(Can be up to 2 characters)
Teen: Lylas
Tigerlilly: Lylas
Teen: Aurora99
Teen: Hanorah
Rage: megsug
Depression:
Anxiety: Aurora99
Death: Avalon
Force: Wolfare1
Peter Pan: (evil) ReisePiecey
Tinker Bell: Iggy
Pan's Shadow: AriaAdams
Hook: Noelle

Character Profiles:

Spoiler! :
Role:

Fe/male:

Personality:

Struggle:

History:

Other:

ALL NONE SB POSTS GO TO THE DT.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by elysian on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

275 Reviews

Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:53 pm
elysian says...

Sophie - London

I opened my eyes to the silent pitch black ceiling of my room. I look over at the only thing glowing in the darkness, my alarm clock. 2:47 am. Great.

I rubbed my eyes, knowing I wasn't going back to sleep and my mind danced from thought to thought until it uncomfortably stayed on the one of that night, when this mess started.

"Ashley, I don't know why you're being like this. I didn't do anything!" My father yelled at my mother.

"You were gone all night after dinner at work, Darrin. And I know Marcey has a thing for you, I'm not an Idiot! You slept with her! I know you did." Mother was close to tears but she didn't let one slide down her cheek. She was strong. But she was clearly heartbroken.

"I did not and I will not have my wife yell at me this way." My father's tone slightly frightened me.

"Then maybe I shouldn't be your wife anymore, you lying bastard!" She yelled. I still remember how I cringed when father hit mother.

I remember her packing her bags and leaving. I remember how she didn't take me with her.

I stopped the memory then, and shook my head, I was 13 then, it was 3 years ago. I jumped when I heard a tap on the window, and then I froze. Someone was tapping on my window.

Tap.

I slowly looked over at the window and say a boy who looked about 17. He smiled at me, and motioned at me to open the window. For some reason, I got up and started walking towards the window, even though I knew he could kill me.

I opened the window and moved as he jumped through. "I have to tell you something Sophie." He said in a cheerful voice.

My conceince was telling me I should be screaming and running away, but my gut told me to listen.

"What is it?" I asked cautiously.

"I can take you away from all of this, somewhere you'll love, somewhere you'll never grow up." He smiled at me.

I heisetated. "Where?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Neverland." There was a sudden rush of energy all over my body and I felt like if I went with the boy I would be happy. I nodded. Why was I letting him take me so easily? It just felt so right...

He grabbed my hand and in a second I was flying over London, and I felt amazing.

He took me into the sky where there was two bright stars, and went straight towards the second one to the right. We flew for what seemed like hours, but when we pulled over an island, I knew exactly where we were.

Neverland.

formally lylas.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:28 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

Aiden Loughlin / East End, London

"You and your sister can got to hell for all I care, Aiden Dmitri Loughlin!"

Crack. Liz's lighter hit the brick wall behind him, and he groaned.

"Oh, come on, Liz! You can go broadcasting my name all over the bloody East End like that!" He was annoyed, but he wasn't angry... yet. She stomped away, muttering something that sounded suspiciously like bloody gang lords. Aiden shrugged. He probably deserved it. Turning behind him, he picked up the lighter and shoved it into his pocket. Whistling happily, he made an odd image in the dark night as he made his way home.

Later, nursing his new black eye, Aiden decided that he never should have come home at all. But as he had stood outside of his dirty hovel that he liked to call a house, he heard swearing coming from inside, so he had hurried to unlock the door.

"Mum? I'm home." The house had been dark, which was probably good; they really couldn't afford the electric bill this month. "Mum?"

Just then, the kitchen light had flickered on. Aiden's mother had stomped into the living room. "Just what do you think you're doing, coming home at this hour, young man?" Her steps had been wobbly and her words had slurred. She had been into the cheap liquor that she somehow always managed to get, no matter how hard Aiden tried to keep her from it.

Aiden sighed as he walked along. It hadn't been the first time he had come home to his mother drunk and angry, but it had still irritated him. He had said, "Come on, Mum. Let's just get you to bed now. You'll feel better in the morning." He had scarcely taken one step toward his mother when she had flung the bottle in his direction. It had connected painfully with his eye.

She had yelled, "I ask the questions here! Why are you home so late?!" Aiden flinched, hearing the words in his mind yet again. He had avoided the glass shards of the bottle and stepped back.

"Where's Leah? Shouldn't she be at home too?"

"Leah? You want to talk about your bitch of a sister? She's probably with her boyfriend, as usual."

Aiden had felt a sudden flare of anger. "Don't talk about your daughter that way."

Mum had broken down then. "It's my fault. All my fault." She had started weep, collapsing.

Aiden had approached her cautiously, the way one might approach a rabid dog. "Mum, it's all right. Come on, let's get you into bed."

Her sadness had turned into anger again. "Not my fault. It's your fault. You made us like this!" When she had lunged at him with a piece of glass the size of her hand, he had snapped. Wrenching himself out of her grip, he had walked out of his house and slammed the door behind him.

He came upon a wall and his anger came together. Drawing his fist back, he punched the hard stone. Again. And again. And again. Finally, he stopped, his fist a mass of raw flesh and blood. The pain hurt, but it felt good to get the anger out.

Suddenly, Aiden saw a shadow at his left. Whirling around, he saw a boy, probably around his age. Warily, he asked, "Hey, mate. What're you doing 'round the East End at this time of night?"

"I'm here for you."

Aiden frowned. "Mate, if you've come to mug me, you'll have a hard time doing it, I assure you."

The boy shook his head. "No. I come to offer you a petition."

"Yeah? Like what?"

The boy smiled deviously. "I can make all of this-" Here he gestured to the alley, "-go away."

Aiden frowned. "How would you do that, mate? Got an invisibility charm tucked away in your tree costume somewhere?"

The boy leaped on top of the ten foot wall. "Come with me."

All of Aiden's night bombarded him. The fight with Liz, his mum, and how Leah hadn't been there when he needed her most. The images thrummed in his head, and his broken hand throbbed. Suddenly, he wanted out. Recklessly, he pulled himself onto the wall with his good hand.

"When do we start?" The words poured out of Aiden's mouth without his consent.

The boy laughed. "Now!" He grabbed Aiden's hand and sprung into the air. When Aiden looked down, London was a speck of light. "Second on the right and straight on till morning!" They sped up, and Aiden's mind rang with a memory. A bedtime story, read to him long ago... Peter Pan.

Aiden was flying with bloody Peter Pan.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:56 pm
Hanorah says...

Bianca Pierce

The first hit had been laid in my stomach, taking my breath away. I pathetically gasped for air, my fear of choking consuming me.

I looked my friend Jenny I the eye.

'Help' I pleaded weakly at her.

The girl who had hit me roughly grabbed me around the neck and put her fist to my right cheek, she turned to Jenny and simply said:

' Help us, or you'll get a beating just like your friend' she smirked.

I took a painful breath, would she? If I was in her shoes, I wouldn't. I'd try to help..

Before I knew it she had kicked me below the knee, causing me to collapse to the ground.

I was exactly sure what happened next, I felt a punch in the side of my head, and then several blows to the stomach. I was numb by the pain. But the betrayal hurt most.

I could hear the cruel laughter above me, then hands went through my pockets. Not like I had anything of value.

I up just stared helplessly at the wall, hoping it would end soon.

'You should have known better than trusting someone. People always let you down' the voice in my head stated.

'You're right' I whispered to no one but myself.

I will never trust anyone ever again. I've lost too much.

I lay there long after they left, hoping I would just die, or If I could stumble on a half empty bottle of whiskey in the trash.

I felt a shadow above me, as I slowly looked up there was a boy in the strangest of clothes.

'Its not fair , is it?' His voice made me want to cry and laugh at the same time 'life' he finished.

I slowly shook my head, unsure of this boy that stood before me.

'I can make it better' he smiled.

' I can take you away' his smile turned into a smirk, as he held out his hand.

I instantly felt a force of attraction to him. Nothing could be worse than this hell of a life.

'Trust me' he whispered softly.

His voice edged me further, I had no control over my body anymore.

His sparkling eyes looked in mine, and I felt fear.

'Trust me' he repeated softly.

I didn't know what exactly came over me, but I did, and there was something strange about this boy that made me want to know more.

I reached up and took his warm hand.
'Be yourself;everyone else is already taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

275 Reviews

Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:57 pm
elysian says...

Tigerlilly - Neverland

Everything was starting to brighten up. The sky was blue, there was rainbows everywhere, and the water glistened.

This happened every so often. It stays like this for a few weeks and then everything goes dark again. I didn't understand it, but oh well. I had to push it to the back of my mind because it was time to put on a smile for the tribe.

My dad wanted me to start looking for the next cheif of the tribe. I felt it was too much at age 15. I knew I would most likely slip away after the ceremony for a smoke. It always calms me.

My father came into the teepee. "Tigerlilly. It is time." My father was a bulky man and he had a rough voice.

I nodded and adjusted my posture, which was already close to perfect. When I stepped out I saw a huge bonfire, and people dancing. All of this for my birthday. I also saw several young men smiling at me.

The whole night I just smiled and nodded, rarely talking. Soon I slipped away and smoked. It was so sweet on my tongue. Something stirred in the darkness. I froze, and than laughed thinking it was probably just a bunny. But then I huge stalky figure started towards me. Right as I opened my mouth to scream his huge hand covered my mouth.

"Shush! You don't want anyone to hear us. Peter is coming. I feel this is the time to start the rebelion."

The man was handsome, he looked like he hadn't shaven his face in a few days, and his eyes twinkled.

"Who's Peter?" I asked when he uncovered my mouth.

"Don't you notice the brightness of Neverland? He's bringing Teenagers from the other world, to feed on their souls. He is the very origin of Neverland." The man replied. I noticed his other hand had a hook in place of a hand.

"Why should I trust you? I don't even know your name." I folded my arms across my chest.

He stepped back and bowed. "Hook, madame."

formally lylas.

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott