z

Young Writers Society

So You're Trapped On A Desert Island (Accepting, not started

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu May 29, 2014 11:02 pm
emoticon220 says...

"Hiiiiii! My name is Chad McCallihan and you're watching 'So You're Trapped On A Desert Island!'"

You woke up this morning to find 2 large men in suits and sunglasses at your door. They usher you into a towncar. You are blindfolded and when the blindfold comes off you find that you are in a studio with a few random other people, all as confused as you. An announcer you can't see is telling you over a loud speaker. Remember a few weeks ago when you told a "news crew" 3 things you'd take with you to a desert island? Well, here's your chance!

Your objective: Get off the island whether alone or with the help of the others. If you make it to the center, you make it home.

The twist: No external help. No guarantees you'll get off the island whole or alive. The island is huge. and some of you didn't take your items seriously (amirite, guy who brought an inflatable rubber duck?) Also, the whole country is watching, enthralled. Good luck.

BIO:
Spoiler! :
NAME:
AGE (No younger than 18 please, that gets a bit dark...):
PERSONALITY (I want to see some decent paragraphs here):
APPEARANCE (Same as personality, you may also use a photo):
BACKSTORY:
YOUR 3 OBJECTS (don't take them too seriously. It's no fun if everyone brought a knife some rope and fresh water, not a rule but I suggest you make it at least 1 non-serious item):
WEAKNESS AND STRENGTH (can be mostly anything. Don't go crazy. You're just a person):

RULES:
Spoiler! :
1. No god modding. Don't overtake the story.
2. Don't make it too dramatic. Drama is ok occasionally, but if it becomes some sort of dystopian despair drama, I'm taking it down.
3. Romance is ok. Don't make it your whole story.
4. Cursing I don't mind, don't go too crazy.
5. No sex.

Basically just be cool.

My character:
Spoiler! :
NAME: Vaughn Adams
PERSONALITY: Vaughn is one of those hipster-y, indie chicks. She tries to be different and pretends she doesn't like to make friends. She seems snobby and pretentious and has a strong penchant for saying "whatever". She constantly seems bored. As the show wears on it is likely that she will open up to people and make friends. She does not like being alone and hates not being helpful.

APPEARANCE (Same as personality, you may also use a photo): Vaughn is pretty short but also very muscular. She has facial peircings (nose, septum and lower lip) and black half shaved black hair that constantly looks greasy. She's wearing black denim cut offs and a hoodie with a white tank top underneath when she arrives at the studio.

BACKSTORY: She was raised in an expensive loft in NY. Her parents paid for everything AND paid attention to her. She still rebels against them. She went to private all girls school and played rugby.

YOUR 3 OBJECTS: Filter bottle, knife, wig.

Weakness: Afraid of being alone. Strength: strong.
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:01 pm
IamTraunt says...

Hey, emoticon! I'd be interested to join, but I think you need a DT (Discussion Topic) and you need to create your character profile in the actual "• create new character" tab.
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley