z

Young Writers Society

Dragons

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat May 24, 2014 9:20 pm
Cynder says...

Hey there guys!
Anyone who wants to join, understand that I mainly want dragons, but other mythological creatures are accepted for characters. Thanks so much, and heres what you will want to include:
Code: Select all
Name:(of character)
Description:
Advantages:
Disadvantages:
Traits/Personality:
Any other interesting facts you'd like me to know:

Any rules? Hm.. so don't use too much strong language and if u have any questions on that, please PM me. I appreciate open views and politeness.
Spoiler! :
So.. the story is.. Involving a curse on the angels and dark angels of the world.. those angels including dragons and mythological creatures. They are the protectors of Man, whether they like it or not. Some agree with this prophecy, that they are the Guardians Man speaks of. Others say that is not their world and they should stay out of it. And yet some, still need to be convinced there even is a Man world. Many set out on this quest from there sacred other world and abandon their lives at home. Their family. Through many hardships and threatening by Man, and sleuthing to remain undetected.. some find each other and fall in love. They sleuth to avoid Man, for the prophecy states they must complete their task without Man knowing, and many don't take that idea too well. But the order came from the Eldest, and his words are not to be taken lightly. Hierarchy is prime in the Land of Draak. So.. that's the story. Enjoy my friends.. and join in.
Last edited by Cynder on Sun May 25, 2014 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cynder Rosetail Draak

"Be able to say: I am what I want to be."

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun May 25, 2014 3:38 am
View Likes
Fade says...

Hi there! Welcome to YWS! I see you've made a Storybook! Just to let you know, i'd suggest maybe adding a small story plot so the other users on here can have some idea on what their signing up for. Also, because we do have younger audiences here, it might be a good idea to add a few rules.
Don't forget, if you don't want to take up a lot of space, try to use the 'Spoiler' button on the Post page.
You don't have to do all this if you don't want too, though! :D
If you'd like to check it out, here are the usual YWS rules: Storybook Rules

These might help too, for your future Storybooks:
Storybook FAQ
Keeping Storybooks Alive

Hope to see you around!
Sectumsempra!

~Gallifrey Survivor~

53 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:20 am
Cynder says...

Alright, so I have a mood I want to portray, and that is a dark mood. Where, everything doesn't quite make sense until the grand finale. I feel this will keep the readers more interested, as well. If you guys have any thoughts, please say them.
Anyways, I digress. My mood, if everyone agrees with it, is as I stated above. I think there should be one outlier, if you will, to keep the characters contrasting each other. I like how fairytales end, happy, and start and continue with a worsening dangerous plot for the characters. In other words, I like the originality of those tales. So, I will begin, and I hope more join in for this reality changing experience. Or so I brag it to be. ;)
Cynder Rosetail Draak

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:27 pm
Wolfi says...

Hmmmm... You should make a Discussion Topic for this Storybook. It gives us one, but it's for a different Storybook, I think. DT's are for discussing the story and this page is only for writing the story. Go to this link and click on "Post a New Topic:"
viewforum.php?f=200
I would title it "Dragons DT."
But your ideas sound neat! :D We can discuss them there.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

53 Reviews

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:48 am
Cynder says...

Come to watch and help the story to unfold!
Here's the link,
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=101267
Cynder Rosetail Draak

53 Reviews

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:17 am
View Likes
Cynder says...

Cynder: The Prologue

Spoiler! :
There, there, Cynder.. mom is here.. time to wake up.. Ding! Ding!

Really, the alarms in this place are annoying. Ruining my first ever glimpse of my mother..

Message waiting for you.. would you like to hear it?

Ugh.. State message, please.

You are to report to The Elder. Please hurry and skip breakfast to see him. This is a matter of some urgency.

That’s how The Elder sends his regards. He has his cabinet of the Mystic send messages to his students and others in the community. Oh? You don’t understand, do you? Oh well, here is the story.
Let’s start with The Elder. He heads our community. He is the oldest dragon alive, but to say so to anyone is very much frowned upon. If I remember right, the last dragon who said that, went up to The Elder and never returned. No one even mentions him, and with good reason.
Anyhow, our community rests between two planes-as in worlds-Reality and Dementia. Reality is where the humans live, on Earth, outside of the black hole known as gravity. Dementia is a realm on the other side of the black hole, where all mythological creatures live. Lastly, is Mystic, where I and my fellow dragons live. In between Reality and Dementia is where we stay hidden. For this reason, we are revered by all other species. It is a vast community, looking much like the spacious Dwarven caverns but made with human materials. The whole place seems to be an illusion, which comes with being between two dimensions.
Importantly, the humans don’t know about us. We don’t exist according to them. Unbeknownst to them, however, we have been monitoring them for centuries upon centuries, ever since they first appeared. See, the dragons have lived so long, we know everything that has happened since the dawn of time. We were, according to all teachings, created first. We even witnessed the day Earth was born.
Now that the history lesson is over, you can decide for yourself what you think is true and what you think is not. Personally, I think some things are just tales, spun for centuries, and others are nonsense to keep us from finding out the truth. I admit, there is danger involved with some knowledge, but I just need to know what’s what. For some reason, I just don’t trust The Elder. Something is off.. I just know it.
Ah, yes, I am supposed to report to The Elder. With no breakfast I might add. Every dragon hates missing breakfast. The adults even let you whine about it. Which is strange..
~

I got up and looked around at my dark room. It was pitch-black. Here in the community, the cabinet makes sure to keep you trained so that you are not afraid of the dark. When you are not yet a century old the lights still stay on when you sleep. But when you are an adolescent, they turn the lights off and then turn them back on in the morning. I’m only one-thousand, one-hundred, and twenty-one. Very young compared to The Elder’s, whose age is unknown.The lights slowly turn on so that my eyes adjust to the light. Slowly the image of a door appears and I exit my room.
On my left, is a long hallway with different turns and ups and downs going to all the young adolescent rooms. Kind of like a dormitory for college students on Earth, as we’ve been taught to connect things with similarity. Directly across from me lies a room, and to my right lies the kitchens and The Elder eventually. The hallways themselves are very neat and boring. The walls are mud brown with crown moldings in jet black of a very boring half hexagon shape, no paintings or pictures to be found. Only the doors interrupt the seamless flat walls.
I start to walk to my right to meet The Elder when to my undesired surprise, he shows up. He as in, annoying guy who follows me all the time like a stalker, but proves useful in a fight, and can be relied upon. Note; not trustworthy, but reliable. With this guy, those two things don’t seem to go hand in hand. He can easily get me out of trouble, but he tends to get himself in trouble. As I think these things, he approaches swiftly and surely his bronze hide shining in the light. He starts with,
“Hey Cynder, where you headed? You are walking slower than normal, so I’m assuming it has nothing to do with breakfast that you’re missing right now.”
One thing is for certain, he is observant.
“Go on ahead,(putting in a random name storybook people, we can choose if someone wants to fill this role or if not,)Glamdor, I’ll catch up soon.”
He looked at me quizzically. He then tried some sort of puppy eyes and I gave him the evil eye. I then retorted,
“I have to see The Elder, ok? The message this morning told me to skip.. breakfast,” I slowed down on the last word realizing I just told him what was really happening. I mentally slapped myself as I looked at his disguised, pleased expression underneath his smooth, tan face.
“Ah,” he answered. “ Do you know why?”
“No, and to be honest, that worries me. The Elder is always very specific and he’s not this time?..” I trailed off. Glamdor looked at me with worry. I may be disgusted with him, but he does at least understand the implication. The Elder just doesn’t give vague answers, and yet he just did. And now that I think about it..
“This.. this isn’t the first time.. is it?” I stopped walking and looked at Glamdor. He stopped, too, and searched my forest green eyes, not understanding what I meant.
“I.. I think this has happened to me before. But.. I can’t remember why..”
Oh my goodness.. I can’t remember why.. I am a top student, and I can’t remember why I think this has happened to me before?
Mind control. A voice resounded in my head. The Elder.

What? No, he couldn’t..

I looked at Glamdor once again, not believing that I was right. That the voice was right. It just couldn’t believe it. The Elder was brainwashing me. I don’t know why, but I feel I need to know soon. Then I realized; dragons can look into each others eyes and see their thoughts and if you know them enough, their soul. Which means Glamdor could see what I just thought. My face paled, or at least as much as a dragon’s face could. Glamdor’s expression didn’t change. He looked very worried. I heard the voice again.
Sleep, my child. Rest your blood.
No, I have to.. see The..Eld… I started to faint. My knees buckled and I fell to the floor. Glamdor jumped into action. Somehow, he communicated with me in my head.
No time to explain, I just have the skill to talk to you. I’m going to place you on my back, and I want you to use your last remaining strength to hang on, ok? I couldn't find the energy to answer. I just waited as he hoisted me up on his back, his spines holding me on loosely. I then concentrated on use my last remaining physical strength to secure my grip so that I couldn't fall off for whatever he was planning. He unfolded his wings and raced down the hallway, rapidly beating his wings. I used the last thought I could muster and thought.. Glamdor.
Some time later, I woke to find Glamdor to my right, sound asleep. I then looked around me and found more people. I.. I knew these people. Before we got separated as young adolescents. Ramur.. Thoren.. Gene Lain.. and Kirimbi Sai Masaria.. and then I remembered.. Protector and Finder of the Dragon Pearl.
They are all here to protect you. You have ancient’s blood. So do the rest of us. For this reason, The Elder sent us on a mission. I’ll fill you in more later but it’s not quite safe enough yet. For now, rest with the rest of us. We can’t do anything more for now.Glamdor spoke inside my head again, apparently not so sound asleep as I had thought. So I slept like he suggested, too tired to argue.
When I finally awoke again, the others were wide awake. Glamdor looked in my direction and assured me,
We are safe here. Now I can tell you what you missed. He spoke to me in my head yet again.
It seems like him talking in my head will be happening often now.
He told me all that transpired. He had taken me to The Elder as fast as he could and The Elder was not happy that I was asleep. He had wanted to warn me about my boiling ancient’s blood, and that it would try to control me. Apparently, the others had been given training and could resist the temptations some. Glamdor had said that it wasn’t that I was weak, he said the exact opposite, actually. I asked him why and he answered that I could have been killed with the amount of temptation I was subjected to. The only reason that I wasn’t trained was because The Elder didn’t suspect a dragon of mind-control, would be susceptible to being mind-controlled. Though I suspect he knew very much how possible it was. Glamdor seemed to share my beliefs but he didn’t verbalize them.
Lastly, Glamdor ended by saying that The Elder had sent us to ‘deal’ with ‘some problems’ on Earth. That the humans had made a mistake. They had forgotten us all together. They no longer believed in anything, that they were lost. We are supposed to help them. Glamdor didn’t say anything on the matter, but I knew he disliked it as much as I did. The others I’m not so sure. But we’re about to get very friendly, I have a feeling.

I am Cynder, and here-with my close friends-the tale shall begin. Will the humans realize their mistake and believe again, avoiding a devastating war? Will the dragons learn to cooperate with humans? Or will everything fall apart, including time?
Last edited by Cynder on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cynder Rosetail Draak

53 Reviews

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:20 am
Cynder says...

There is the prologue. I hope it translated right it might not have though. But all the same. We can soon start. If anyone has any questions, ask on the DT. Cool! Let's begin!
Cynder Rosetail Draak

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:00 pm
Kelpies says...

Is it too late to sign up for this? I honestly don't know. Tell me if you want me to change anything in order for it to function better or if you already have enough characters!

Name: (As some mythological creatures go this name is short!) Kirimbi Sai Masaria Protector and Finder of the Dragon Pearl. But you can just call me Kirimbi.

Description: Blue, two horned Asain dragon with green whiskers.

Advantages: Claws and teeth are my major defense, but when the need arises, I have a given amount of magic, but I hate using it.

Disadvantages: I can only use a little magic, and I'm always talking.

Traits/Personality: If I don't know you, I attack, if I do, you'll get annoyed to death by my non-stop talking. I only stop when it suits me, and that's only when you'd prefer me talking! I'm caring, but don't you dare touch my dragon pearl, my family has spent generations searching for it when it dropped from the heavens.

Any other interesting facts you'd like me to know: Goblins taste good!
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

53 Reviews

Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:41 pm
Cynder says...

Yeah, sure you can join. Just read the DT and then you can get an idea. I also made a prologue so that'll put you in the sense of the storybook. Just create a character for me and I'll approve.
Cynder Rosetail Draak

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:02 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Ramur

Cynder's violet eyes resembled glowing amethyst orbs as they cautiously swept over us. I remembered her from certain classes we'd had together hundreds of years ago. I could tell that she hadn't changed much. She was just as mysterious as she had been before.

Glamdor finished off his speech, and when he uttered the word humans for the first time, Cynder's eyes narrowed. Seeing this, I knew what she was thinking. Humans and dragons do not mix well. Everyone knows that.

But the Elder has given his order, and an order from the Elder is something that cannot be dismissed. Tomorrow, we would depart for Reality. Other dragons and possibly other creatures would meet us there, but for now, it was just the six of us.

"Now," Glamdor proclaimed, after his explanation was done, "I think that it's time-"

"To talk!" a blue Chinese dragon to my left exclaimed. I noticed that Gene Lain rolled her pink eyes in annoyance. "I've been waiting patiently this whole time."

"Yes, Kirimbi, we should talk. Just not-"

She interrupted him again. "What's your favorite color?"

"Um, orange."

"Really? How interesting. Mine's blue. Icy blue."

"That's nice, but we really need to discuss more important things."

"Do you like bamboo?"

"What?"

"Oh, you should try it. I have this new obsession with it. It's quite delicious.

Thoren, a blue dragon who was to my right, cleared his voice. "Kirimbi," he said. "Glamdor is right. We have more important things to discuss than bamboo and colors."

I nodded my head, saying, "Such as where we should arrive in Reality. We have to decide before tomorrow."

"Paris," Kirimbi said instantly. "Or Hawaii, maybe."

"Perfect," Gene muttered. "Tourist attractions."

"We're thinking of someplace more barren," Glamdor said. "Someplace free of humans."

"We are trying to help humans though, right?" Kirimbi asked innocently.

"Yes, of course," I answered. "But we must gather together somewhere at the beginning first and make our plans there."

"And it would be best without any human interference," Thoren added.

"Oh, I see," Kirimbi said, thoughtfully.

A sudden idea came to my head. "How about the mountains?" I asked. I was, after all, a mountain dragon.

Gene was, too. "Yes!" she cried. I saw her eyes light up in excitement.

"Which ones, though?" Cynder asked, speaking to us for the first time. "There's a lot of them."

I shrugged. "It doesn't really matter. Any would be fine."

"Unless they're snowy," Gene said. "I don't like the snow."

I did, but I didn't say anything. Like I said, any mountains would be fine to me.

"Let's go somewhere in America," Glamdor suggested, flicking his bronze tail. "The Elder mentioned that the center of the trouble was there."

I thought for a moment. "The Rockies, maybe? Or the Appalachians?"

"We'd be better off going to the Rockies, I think," Gene said.

Glamdor nodded, then looked at Kirimbi, who was staring off into space. He raised an eyebrow. "Kirimbi." When she didn't respond, he called her louder.

"Hmmm?" She turned her head. "What?"

"What do you think?"

"About what?"

"Our location. The Rocky Mountains."

"Oh. Good."

"The Rockies it is, then," I said.

For the rest of the afternoon, we discussed various things pertaining to the mission. When darkness finally settled over us, it was time to sleep.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:23 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

~Thoren~ Time~Late Evening Day One

I lazily flop down on the floor of the large room. At least to you it might seem large, but when you have several large dragons you need to have a lot of space. But to me it is just average. I look around at the other dragons.

Glamdor, the apparent leader of our group is sitting erect; at least as erect as a dragon can be. He as his eyes closed. I suppose he is thinking and he doesn't want the rest of us to know what he is thinking. Yes that's right! Dragons can read each other's thoughts by looking into one another's eyes.

Gene, the reddish one with pink eyes is already curled up and asleep. (She is well known for doing that). Why this is I don't know, but it seems that she has a talent for falling asleep quickly. I can smell smoke coming out of her nostrils. She must be having a bad dream or something.

My eyes wander over to Ramur. He is sprawled out on the floor though his eyes are wide open. They are rather dull compared to most of the other dragons, though they still have a dragon hue to them. Ramur strikes me as the type of dragon who waits to bide his time and make wise decisions. Thought he has quite impressive horns and can fly higher than I can, I don't care much for his personality, though I do admire him. He has a good deal more experience than I do, but I think he is too cautious. I prefer to act, then ask questions later. This has been my philosophy and is still now.

The fourth dragon I see is wide awake. She has her eyes narrowed. I think I can guess what she is thinking. She is perhaps the most the most different from me. Her skin is a dark purplish black compared to my bright, light blue that sparkles in the sunlight. She also had an adverse position toward humans. She doesn't seem very enthusiastic about protecting the humans. I on the other hand look forward to the task eagerly.

Finally I glance over at Kirimbi, who is hovering over her pearl making sure that it is all shiny before she goes to sleep. She is quite particular about it, and I can understand why. It is a distinctive mark of her family and she bears it proudly.

'Ugh! There must be an army of dust mites living in this room. I can't seem to get my pearl to shine like I want it to!' She exclaims in exasperation, not even thinking that there is a sleeping dragon and one or two others who are trying to sleep.

'Shh. Be quiet!' I tell her. 'I am trying to get to sleep! Will you just shut your mouth for once?'

'Oh! I'm so sorry; but you know I really must get this pearl fixed or else I won't get to sleep!'

'May I make a suggestion?' Ramur asks turning his head Kirimbi's direction.

'Why of course! I am always open to suggestions. But it better be good. I simply have to figure out why this won't shine or else I shan't be able to close my eyes, much les sleep!'

Ramur rolls his eyes and clears his throat before speaking. 'Shine some sort of light on it. If you don't have anything for the pearl to reflect it won't shine you see.' He explains patiently.

'Oh yes! That makes sense!' Kirimbi says. Her tone of voice is ridiculously high, for a dragon at any rate. 'I will just step out into the hall. It always has lights on though right now they [i]are [i]dim.'

She gets up and walks over to the door. I sigh and close my eyes but less than a second later I hear a "Pst!" sound. My eyelids flicker open and I see Ramur motioning for me to do something.

'Get up and lock the door. We don't want that Kirimbi coming back in here and keeping all of us awake all night do we?' he asks. I smile and walk over to the thick oak door shutting it quietly. As I do so I also lock the door. A minute later we hear muted screaming and frantic scratching.

'Now we will be able to sleep in peace,' I say with a scowl at Ramur. He laughs.

'She will give up after a minute or less! I know her personality.' Sure enough after no more than a minute I hear or the noise stop. After that we fall asleep peacefully.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

223 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:00 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

May I actually post next?
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

223 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:23 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

I didn't care much that I had been locked out, as long as nobody touched the pearl. I worked better on my own anyway. "It's still not shining" I muttered to myself. I rubbed it with my mane, dew droplets coated the pearl, and it started to glow. I tucked it away safely in my mane, and went to sleep.

I awoke when rain started pattering on my scales. I needed a shower anyway. I tilted up my head and drank, thunder roared in the distance. I started whipping my long body around trying to catch raindrops on my long green tongue. My tail started pounding on the door, it was mid-morning anyway, so I figured that they should wake up enough to realize that it was time to get moving. I started laughing, I rolled down a grassy slope and ended up trying to get a knot out of myself. The door opened, Gene stood near the door. I nodded my thanks. "Rain is fun" I said in a hollow voice, remembering how... Different I was from the rest. My family was the only enduring family of my species, and my parents were dead, so I was the last.

Bringing on my usual, chipper speech, I started trying to make conversation with the rest of the dragons. Getting slightly bored, I started polishing my pearl. Everyone started looking at me all funny, who doesn't polish pearls with their tongues? "Time to get moving" said Ramur, "moving where again?" I asked. "The Rockies, duh." He looked at me like an idiot. I remembered what I had heard about the Rockies. "No bamboo there" I moaned, "the only thing I'm looking forward to is the flag". Again everyone looked at me weird, at least I had learned something from my constant talking. "Wild Iris, quite beautiful things, they grow by ponds". Some re-evaluated me, some just kept their judgement of me unchanged. I tried not to care, but what they thought I was, it stung like a thorn.

"Time to fly" said Ramur. Everyone stared at my wing-less form. "I am not using magic to get there! I'm going to die if I exert that much energy, especially on such a useless prospect." I hated that when they thought about me, they didn't close their eyes, I can't resist eavesdropping. I hung my head. "Give me a direction" "Just follow us" Ramur said, and everyone nodded, or shook their head. I started to float, this tiny advance cost me. I followed the rest, I knew that when we got there, I was going to need some serious rest.

Snow covered the peaks, even in the middle of summer. A lake made itself visible, a tiny island rested in the middle. "I call island!" I yelled above the clamor of their wings. I dove towards my new bedroom, not a human in sight. some rolled their eyes, others just ignored me. I splashed down into the lake, the utter exhaustion of the trip caught up with me, I could barely make it back to the shore. I plopped down, and promptly fell asleep.

"At least she's not talking" I heard someone say with a sneer. I started polishing, this team was like all the others, barely accepting me. Gene and Thorin seemed nice, I had yet to put a judgement on the others. I did not yet know who had locked me out, but I didn't like whoever it was. I felt something slithering on me, I looked at it, a medium sized brown snake wound around my limb. I picked it up in my talons, and looked into it's eyes, I put it behind my ear, it was welcome in my presence. Cynder looked at me, and saw it. She didn't like it much, everyone thought it might be poisonous. I saw something shiny roll toward the lake, it took a second to register that it was my pearl. I tried to snatch it up, but something scaly in the lake ate it. I screamed, my high pitched voice driving squirrels up trees, and gophers into their holes. Birds cowered in their nests as I dove into the lake, I was not coming up until that fish had met my wrath.

I looked everywhere, no fish to be seen. the lake was gloomy, concealing anything that might have been a fish, I went strait to the bottom, I tried to swim up for breath, but I was too late, I let my breath go, and I plummeted to the bottom.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:05 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

~Chrystilla~

Some creatures have absolutely no manners. Seriously, I was just flying along, trying to grasp the situation, and bam! a giant Hippogryph just flies out of nowhere. Feathers flying everywhere, it just straight up charged me. Now, I don’t even bother trying to retaliate and flee as fast as I can, but where I go, I have no idea.

Even though I fly as fast as my wings will allow me, which is pretty darn fast, the Hippogryph is still right on my tail. Since flying away is no use, I turn around quickly, diving under the creature as it keeps flying forward.

“Come at me, you stupid hybrid!” I screech.

Crying out in anger, it twirls around, very ungracefully might I add, and charges once more, its front claws extended. Effortlessly, I dodge by flying to the side, not even bothering to be intimidated.

“Obviously your fat hooves are slowing you down! What are you, a pig? You’re so fat you look like one!” I laugh again.

My insults are so pathetic that I’m not even sure if they are doing anything to enrage the Hippogryph more, or if it’s just my beautiful voice is too much for it. We go through another round of it charging me like a bull and me flying to the side without any thought.

“Your front claws are like mutant legs, and they look hideous!” I caw, cockily shaking out my wings.

He flew at me much quicker this time, and I was barely able to spin out of the way before being barreled over. Though, he did manage to hook my wing. I can already feel the blood dripping down it, along with throbbing pain. Instantly, my plumage fluffed out, making me feel double my size, every part of me ready to either charge or flee. Fleeing isn’t an option. If he dares mess with my looks, he gets to face my wrath.

This time when he charges, I fly above him and spiral down, attempting to peck at the back of his neck. Still, he has previous momentum from his charge and glides past me. To make it worse, he kicks me with one of his back hooves. Suddenly staying to fight doesn’t seem like the best option.

Not even bothering to wait for his next charge, I quickly regain my senses and hightail it out of there. It’s quite obvious right he’s right behind me when a loud caw emits from behind me, same with the whooshing of large wings flapping. I try to maneuver up and down, and even fly in a circle around the beast, but it seems like they do absolutely nothing to give me an edge.

My second option is to try and outlast the Hippogryph, but after probably only five minutes of flying, I already feel like my wings are about to fall off. So there’s only one thing left to do: land and try to find some place to hide. No, scratch that. Find some place where this fatty can’t reach me.

Abruptly, I dive down head first, watching as the ground spirals towards me. At the last second, I pull up and balance myself out again, focusing on keeping my small lead on the monster chasing me. Being distracted by fluffing out my feathers once more, because I still need to look amazing while flying, I didn’t notice a lake coming up with a group of dragons close by.

Squawking loudly, I manage to get their attention, also forcing them to step aside as before they get knocked into. If I had looked back, I’d probably have seen looks of astonishment on their faces from my beauty, but for this moment, my survival is more important than my vanity. That’s probably the only time I’ll ever even dare think that.

By the time a minute or so passes, it dawns on me that I can’t hear the flapping of wings directly behind me, allowing me to risk a swift look back. Back by the lake, the group of dragons seems to have attacked the hideous creature chasing me. A bloodcurdling screech sounds from over there, convincing me that the beast is gone.

Racing over there, I happily cry, “Oh, you wonderful creatures! You saved me! Oh goodness, I thought that beast would never give in!”

They turn around to face me, most of them exchanging confused looks with each other. I don’t pay that much notice.

As I land, I begin to strut around, fluffing out my feathers. “What compelled you to act so nobly? Was it my stunning beauty? Or was it my grace as I flew in the air?”

A muscular, gray scaled dragon stares down at me. “We didn’t really try. You see-”

“Oh, don’t be ashamed!” I interrupt, “Any creature would be motivated to help me.”

“But we didn’t actually-”

“Nonsense, no need to be humble! You seem to need a pretty face for your group.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” a female dragon with dark purple scales cries, “Who said anything about you traveling with us?”

“Me, of course!” I declare.

“You are not, by any means, coming with us,” she spits.

“I am, whether you like it or not!” I insure, cheerily, “I thought it was a given. You save me, and I repay you with the gift of my beauty and intellect. I bet staring at your ugly faces can become kind of an eyesore.”

With that, the other dragons in the group start shouting all at once. Shrugging, I join the debate, seeing it all as a little game to welcome me. This adventure will be so much fun!

Spoiler! :
If anything needs to be changed, whether it's the scenario or how I portrayed your character, let me know! Also, in the end, Cryssi wasn't being rude, but just saying what came to mind.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:13 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

I told you we had to take the sourthern route.
Being a schizophrenic is tough. No matter how you atgue with that little voice in your head, it always wins. Like now, for example.
I wanted to take the southern, misty route, but the little voice wanted to go north through the "ruins", and now we're prisoners. Of who, you ask. Dwarves, of course.
We were ambushed by literary thousands of little people wearing masks and brandishing their blades, poking at my shins. I would have been avle to escape if they hadn't chained me to the ground.
(You could've gone south anyway)
"No, because you would have complained the entire time," I said out load.
A plump dwarf (well, plumper than most) stepped forward and poked me with his spear. "Quiet!" he shouted.
Before I could do anything, unseen trumpets heralded the arrival.of someone important, probably their ruler.
A large dwarf (nearly as tall as a human) stepped forward. He was dressed as a warlord would be dressed, his beard hanging down to his hips
(Some ruler) the voice in my head said.
Everyone, even the plump gaurd dwarf was looking up expectantly at the warlord. He raised his slowly, clearly relishing this moment. Then, as if the universe were mocking me, he announced in a strong voice: "His majesty, Emperor Brittlestone!"
He stepped aside to reveal a short dwarf, like a dwarf among dwarves. He was dressedes a in royal garments and wore a large crown on his tiny head. All the dwarves fell to their knees and shouted, "All hail the Emperor! All hail the Emperor!"
The voice in my head burst out into laughter, and so was I trying to supress my own laughter.
(That's their Emperor?! He's not much larger than a mountain goat!)
Emperor Brittlestone rose his hand to quiet the chorus before speaking in high-pitched voice, "This dagon shall chalenge our other dragons to the death for the esteemed honour of bing sacrificed to the mountain godess."
All the dwarves started cheering, but inside I was frantic.
"The challenge will take place tomorow!" Emperor Brittlestone said before walking back into his palace
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart