z

Young Writers Society

Captured, Escape, Rescue! (Closed/ Started)

662 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 662
Mon May 19, 2014 5:17 pm
Messenger says...

You are in a party of hunters, near the border of Galadhor and Otia. You are ambushed by Galadhorians and dragged back to Glottenham Hold. When the word reaches Otiatown, the capitol of Otia, an elite task force is set out to rescue the hunters. But why is it that the hunters are so important?

The SB will start out with the hunters in the woods, and will proceed with them to get captured. So the prisoners will still have stuff going on, even once in the Hold.

Outline of Glottenham Hold It is a round castle with thirty-foot wall, numerous towers, and hundreds of guards. It is set on a grassy plain, constantly burnt down so that no high grass grows there. There are three moats built around the hold, and a large picket line and keep at each bridge. You are placed in the very middle of the Hold, two hundred feet up in The Great Tower. There are twenty levels to the tower, numerous guards and locked doors.

Characters
Humans- Strong and sturdy, smart and athletic. They use swords, bows, and axes and spears. They generally travel on horses. The Galadhorians and Otians are both at war.

Animals- Hawks, panthers, wolves, and lizards (think Kommodo dragon) [just to name a few of the animals] They are all fast, very agile and swift in running through forests, fierce fighters. Their weapons are their claws, talons, teeth, and fangs. They are neutral to humans

Unknown beasts- The Galadhorians own Unknown beasts kept down in their dungeons. They are used only at night, and no one knows exactly what they look like. Many believe they to be dragons.

Animals and humans can converse, no one is sure of the Unknown beasts though. You will be either Animal or human. H stands for human, A stands for animal, P stands for prisoner, R stands for rescuer. Here are the spots:
Character 1(Hunter) : HP @@Craz
Character 2 (Hunter) : HP @Messenger
Character 3(Hunter ): HP @ReisePiecey
Character 1(Archer): HR @ERZA
Character 2(Warrior): HR @Noelle
Character 3(Healer: HR @megsug
Character 3 (Assassin): HR @ShadowVyper
Character 1: (snowy owl)A @Messenger
Character 2: (coyote)A @TimmyJake
Character 3: (viper)A @BuggieDude2340

Archers: Skilled in archery, stealth, and accuracy. Besides bows and arrows they generally carry long daggers. Dressed in forest colors. They usually wear light leather armor.

Warriors: Armed with either swords, battle axes, or spears. They are dressed in armor, heavy or light, and may have a shield and helmet. They are fierce fighters, good for hand-to-hand combat.

Healer: Nimble fast, uses small arms like daggers and short swords. Light armor is used, and the Healer has several pouches which contains his/her potions, herbs, and ingredients. The Healer is the group cook and can survive on little rations for many days. The Healer can also carry a crossbow.

Hunter: They are very similar to archers. They are fast and stealthy, quick on their feet. They use bows, and also an atlatl (an atlatl is a three-foot long dart that you hook onto a stick about the same length. You then thrust it. It can be thrown about seventy feet accurately.) They wear forest-colored clothing. They also have knives for skinning animals. They can survive by themselves for many days, just like the healer.

Assassin: The Assassin is very similar to the archer and the healer. A hybrid I suppose you would calm him. He uses stealth and distractions as his main weapons. He uses only two hidden blades and a sling as his weapons. He is the most secretive of the group. He wears clothes to fit the surroundings he is in.

Character Template
Spoiler! :
Name:

Race and Position:

Appearance:

Personality:

History

Weapons:

Remember to make comments in the DT and make your character on the right side where it says to!
Last edited by Messenger on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Thu May 29, 2014 3:04 am
View Likes
Craz says...

|Bear|

Three figures crouched amongst the bushes and ferns, as still and quiet as the slumbering skeletons of trees that intertwined their frail branches above their heads. Their bodies were huddled close and the splotched furs on their backs imitated the pattern of the snowy forest floor, and it was not sure where one body began and the other started. North of the three silent figures, leaves rustled as a late to hibernate doe sniffed them, searching for food before the cold forced it into its den. Slowly, the middle silent figure shifted, and the curve of a bow appeared out of the furs, followed by the sharp point of an arrow's head.

The arrow flew with a bare wisp, absorbing the silence the world had been frozen into. It hit the doe with uniform tranquility, and the doe fell with a single, small cry. Slowly and then all at once, the figures shifted and stood, breaking apart from one another and headed towards the fallen animal, the crunch of the snow beneath their feet. The taller one bowed over the doe and sliced open its throat, removing its arrow afterwards with a quick jerk of his arm.

"Good shot, lad!" The largest of the three barked with good humor, clapping the tall man on the back who proceeded to wipe his knife on the deer's flank. "This'll be enough for tonight, I think. Nothing like the taste of some real meat after feasting on squirrels for weeks."

With one grunt the large man bent to throw the carcass over his shoulder to carry back to the camp, and then paused. Behind him, the two other hunters chatted gruffly to each other, discussing casual things about the soldiers they were feeding and traps that needed to be set the next day. Bear, the eldest of the trio of hunters, struggled to listen past them. With a quick and uncharacteristically sharp snap of the tongue he summoned them to be silent, and the two others turned to look at the large man in surprise. It was rare to see the high spirited man, once called Bear by his fellow soldiers and then known only by that name, ever treat them with such a tone.

A moment of silence passed and it seemed as if Bear must have heard wrong. Then in the distance, a neighing of a horse, the shout of a man, an an arrow arcing through the treetops shot from afar.

Jonny jerked out of the way just as it implanted itself into the dirt behind her. Bear stood swiftly and, abandoning the doe, yelled and shoved the startled Liam forward as a hoard of arrows darted the sky.

"Run, boy, run!" Bear growled. He grabbed Liam's collar and shoved him forward, the sounds of soldiers behind them. Jonny was far ahead of them. As Liam ran ahead, in one swift movement Bear tugged the great battle axe loose of its old leather straps and swung around, tensing his body for battle. The attackers had already made their way into his view, and he knew from their numbers that there wouldn't be much of a chance that he would be able to get away if he ran. But maybe Jonny or Liam could.

The first to come close took the first swing, aiming to slice his leg with his sword. Bear dodged it and swung his great axe, cutting swiftly through the young man's shoulder, screaming with ferocity. Bear jerked the axe out of the man as he fell, and turned in surprise as he saw Liam take down a man next to him, and Jonny in the throws of battle.

They should have ran.

Yet he laughed heartily as the next man neared him, wearing a foreigner's sigil. The movements of battle were becoming more familiar, and Bear realized how much he had missed the front lines. One, two, three. The men fell, and cuts and bruises appeared on Bear's limbs. Bear's face was wet with something sticky that he realized was blood. As he kept fighting, he slowly became aware that they were surrounded and still vastly outnumbered.

He turned to seek out his fellow hunters and only had time to see the unmarked, strikingly silver blade and the young cadet's eyes behind the sword filled with panicked terror. Bear felt nothing as it sliced down the side of his face, glancing off his cheekbone and into his eye. He didn't feel it as he stumbled onto one knee, or as an older Galadhorian screamed They are to be left alive! He also didn't feel it as his great battleaxe, slick with crimson, thumped down next to him.

But he felt it after that.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

662 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 662
Fri May 30, 2014 1:40 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Liam Tippet

Everything happened quickly. One second Bear was telling them to be quiet, the next they were being swarmed by grey-clad Galadhorians. Bear fought like a wildcat, his broad axe slicing down the enemy like candlesticks. Liam dropped his atlatl and had pulled out his heavy saxe, when Jonny crashed into his back, sending them both staggering into the snow.

Coughing and spluttering, Liam shoved her off, heart racing as he realized the vulnerable position they were in. As he stood he took a blow to the head with what felt to be the dull side of a sword blade. He let out a yell and stumbled back, his head swimming.

One of the guards yelled something about taking them alive, but as Liam felt the metal glove a soldier clasp about his wrist, he swung viciously with his knife, slicing the man's vulnerable area between his helmet and breastplate. Blood spurted onto Liam's hands, and the man staggered back, clutching his throat helplessly as the blood gushed out and stained the snow.

Liam turned to see Jonny knocked onto the ground by a horseman. But the snow was deep and the horse couldn't go as fast as the rider would have liked. With a flick of his wrist Liam was holding the blade upside down and flung it with all his might. The blade wasn't designed for throwing, rather to be used for blocking sword blows, or cutting meat from animals, but Liam had practiced for years with it, and his aim was true.

As the man cascaded off the back of his steed, Jonny pushed herself up and pulled apart what seemed to be a black and silver-ornamented, short-staff, but when pulled apart at the middle became two thin and deadly-sharp blades. She rammed them both into the man's back, the skinny blades penetrating his mail armor.

It was then that Liam spun around. And saw that Bear was clasping his face. Blood matted his face like an oil slick, and his axe was on the ground beside him. A Galadhorian soldier stood over him, spear raised.

"Keep them alive!" one of the enemy shouted again. The man lowered the spear, but kept it pointed at Bear. Liam sensed, rather then saw, the man coming from behind. With a broad swing he caught the man midriff, sending him staggering into the snow. Then something ripped into his soldier and and he stumbled to the ground, losing the feeling in his right arm momentarily.

He looked and saw the shaft of an arrow protruding from his shoulder-blade area. It was then that he spotted the archer, up on a snowy rock, aiming for Jonny.

"Jonny put down your weapons!" he screamed frantically, his voice booming like a cannon. Then man pulled back the arrow. Liam squeezed shut his eyes.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:51 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Jonny Bray

Jonny snapped her head towards the sound of Liam's voice, the short break of attention left her vulnerable to the deadly edge of the enemy's blade. The metal sliced the back of her calf and she went down just as an arrow grazed her cheek. She gritted her teeth together and pushed herself up into a kneeling position. Quickly, she rejoined her blades and used the staff to help herself up. In one desperate move she tried to swing the staff forward but the weight of the weapon was too much for her tired arms. Instead, she only barely dragged the staff through the snow before it came to a heavy stop.

The man standing in front of her leveled his blade with her face, a smirk plastered on his lips. Anger built at the core of Jonny's stomach, but she knew when it was time to give up. With Bear and Liam down there was no way she could defeat the remaining enemies, and from the looks of it there were more to come. Reluctantly, she relaxed her fighting stance and dropped her head. Immediately after she heard the crunch of snow under boots as the remaining enemies went to gather Liam and Bear.

"Good girl," the man laughed as he approached her. "For a minute I thought I'd have to slay you."

"Slay me?"

Despite herself, a laugh bubbled up from Jonny's throat, coating the quiet battle ground, and died with a harsh grunt of disgust.

"Do you think yourself so lucky, soldier?"

"I don't think you're in any position for backtalk, Hunter."

The man stepped forward and pressed the tip of his sword into Jonny's neck, using it to raise her head. Her fingers flinched eagerly on the length of her staff, muscles flexing and relaxing in quick succession, ready to fight. She shut her eyes and ran all of the possibilities in her head, all the ways the battle could turn out if she killed the idiot holding her at point, but none of them worked out in her favor. Cursing under her breath, she gripped her staff, and was ready to test out another swing when Liam's voice caught her ears.

"Jonny, enough."

She squeezed her eyes shut at the command and dropped both her arms to her side. The sword withdrew from her neck and in it's wake she felt a warm, steady trickle of blood crawling down her throat.

"Alright," the man called out to his partners, "tie them up! It's a long trip back, sweetheart. You might as well get comfortable."
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:08 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Slide of the Bothrop Clan

Spring. Everything in Slide's body, from the edges of her scales, to the pits under her eyes told her that it was spring. Warmth emanated from something nearby--the sun, perhaps? Only, everything smelled like water. Her nest had been near a streambed, yes, but when she buried herself in the leaves that fall, she had not been covered by water.

As warmth flowed through Slide's blood, she found the strength to wiggle in her den. She opened her eyes, expecting to see green on the forest floor.

Her eyes met with white. White, white, white. Oh, and some yellow-ish orange stuff in the corner of her vision that-- Oh no. Fire. Slide sprang from the floor, feeling vulnerable as cold air washed against her. Her dark scales stood out against the snow. How had she not sensed the fire?

"Hey!" said a gruff voice. A warm-blood. A warm-blood who made the fire. He would pay for waking her up before spring. All it would take was a bite.

"You're not supposed to be awake now," said the human. His brow wrinkled, scrunching the scar across his nose. "Snakes should hibernate in the winter."

The effects of the cold already settling in, Slide slithered towards the human. He was a warm-blood, after all. She could use his heat for her last words.

"I know that," she hissed, her tongue feeling strange as she sounded out the words, "I wass assleep before your fire awakened me. I will demand some kind of revenge, for ssnakess do not lasst if they awaken before sspring."

Raising an eyebrow, the warm-blood asked what sort of revenge Slide would take.

Coiling herself smugly next to the warm-blood, Slide stared into the fire a few moments. It was pretty, all the dancing colors. "You did not know I was ssleeping there. Your fire woke me by misstake. I ssupposse it would be rude to kill you." She hissed a laugh, sounding like a cat throwing up a hairball. "And it iss too late to eat sso I can return to ssleep. I ssupposse I shall let you off the hook."

"It would be irresponsible of me to let you die," the warm-blood mumbled. He too, was staring at the fire. "Isn't there something I can do for you?"

A moment of silence passed while they both thought. Tail curling and uncurling, Slide wondered if the warm-blood had a brilliant idea she hadn't thought of yet.

"Would you like to come with me?" he asked, still not looking at her. Slide did not blame him; big warm-bloods and snakes found each other repulsive, usually. This man's offer seemed to say otherwise though. "A warm-blooded person like myself could keep you alive easily, and even though you're big for a snake, I'm big for a person. You won't bother me that much either."

"And what if I were to sstill blame you by sspring, and bit you as ssoon as it wass warm?" Slide asked. The warm-blood looked at her, his face stoic. His breathing told her that he didn't like that idea though. Laughing her cat-hair laugh, Slide wiggled her tail like a warm-blood mother wiggled her finger at children. "Jusst teassing, my friend. I accssept your offer gratefully."

And with that, Slide side-wound herself closer to the warm-blood. Her travels would be an exciting tale to tell when she finally made it to spring.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:39 am
View Likes
megsug says...

Lev Ayurva
It had taken Lev quite a while to sleep despite his body’s need for it. He wasn’t sure how much he could trust a snake to not go back on its word. He woke up a little later than he would have liked, and he could feel the snake coiled on his chest underneath his clothing where they had decided it would be warmest. He ignored the need to shudder at the feeling of scales against his skin and slowly got up, nudging the round mass underneath his shirt. “Time to get up for the day.” He supported the snake with his arm so it didn’t fall and looked down as it slithered up out of his collar to peer at him. “Do you... er... have a name?”

“I am Ssslide of the Bothrop clan.”

I nodded slowly as it slithered up around my shoulders and looped around my neck a few times, not tight, but it made me nervous all the same.

“You have a name?”

I’m not entirely sure if snakes are capable of facial expressions, but this one looked like it was making fun of me. “Lev Ayurva. Er... Is Slide the name of a boy snake or a girl snake?” Its head was now resting on my shoulder, so we could communicate easily as I cleaned up the camp.

It made that horrible sound that reminded me of the cats my mother used to keep around when they were about to leave a slimy present in my bag. In the context the sound had been made in last night and this morning, I assumed it was a reptilian laugh. “I am a female.”

I picked up my pack and shouldered it. “Anything you need before we get out of here?”

“No. Where are we going?”

I made my way to the road not far from where I had camped. “A small town that might need my expertise. I’m a healer.”

We spoke for a while, just getting to know each other since we were stuck with each other until spring. Only Slide’s head was sticking out of my shirt, so we shouldn’t stand out too much. I hadn’t even considered how strange it would be until someone walked out of the woods just a few steps in front of us.
Test

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; but the valiant will never taste of death but once."
— Julius Caesar