z

Young Writers Society

Welcome to Fairford

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri May 16, 2014 2:53 am
EllaBliss says...

Fairford is a small town in Gloucestershire, England. The town lies in the Cotswolds on the River Coln, about 6 miles (9.7 km) east of Cirencester, 4 miles (6.4 km) west of Lechlade and 9 miles (14 km) north of Swindon. Nearby are RAF Fairford and the Cotswold Water Park. The town's secondary school is Farmor's School, an 11-18 co-educational Academy. The school is judged to be of outstanding standard, having achieved grade 1 in its Ofsted inspection in 2010. There is also a primary school, Fairford Primary, and a playgroup. Every year RAF Fairford hosts the world's largest military air show – the Royal International Air Tattoo. The event brings a boost to economy of the town and surrounding areas. Fairford has a Non-League football (soccer) team Fairford Town F.C. who play and train at Cinder Lane. Fairford was formerly linked to Oxford by the Witney Railway and its extension the East Gloucestershire Railway. There have been sporadic reports that part of the old track could be cleared of accumulated mountains of detritus and overgrown trees to be re-opened as a cycle path, utilising persons sentenced to Community Service i.e. "offenders" as labour. There is a regular bus service to Cirencester and Lechlade, from where travellers can transfer to another bus and travel onwards to Swindon. The Church of England parish church of Saint Mary is renowned for its complete set of medieval stained glass, stone carvings and misericords. Built in the early 1490s, the church is an example of late Perpendicular Gothic architecture that is characterised by slim stone window mullions and light but strong buttresses. The style enabled larger windows than previously, allowing much more light into the building. Grade 1 listed by English Heritage, St. Mary's is of national historical and architectural importance because it houses the most complete set of mediaeval stained glass windows in the country, attributed to Barnard Flower, and its structure and details remains unaltered since originally built. The churchyard includes a stone memorial to Tiddles, the church cat who fell off the church roof. There is also a stone grotesque to commemorate a young boy who climbed up the walls of the church and jumped, falling to his death.

Enough of that boring stuff. Where do you come in? You left home in Gloucester in search of new life, and seven other individuals had the same idea. You met with them and you all agreed on moving to Fairford together in a Volkswagen Bus. Bringing only what you need, you embarked on your adventure. You managed to buy a home with four bedrooms and one bathroom, and just started living in it today. Welcome to Fairford.

For characters, just write out name, gender, age, appearance, personality, and history. Be creative.
Oh, I'm such a fool! I can't be free!
No escape from the storm inside of me!
I can’t control the curse!
Please, you’ll only make it worse!
There’s so much fear! You’re not safe here!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon May 19, 2014 5:42 pm
ElectraHeart says...

Still doing this?
Used to be: IAlreadyDied
But that doesn't mean I'm still the same person.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat May 24, 2014 7:09 pm
Editor says...

We could make profiles anyways, then wait and see if they get accepted.
ï' ø вøɾε

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
— T.S. Eliot