Young Writers Society

The Fifth Academy For Heroes In Training

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Wed May 28, 2014 5:18 am
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Isi/Two weeks later

As Katarina finishes speaking, I wander over to a tree and tug my skirt down before sitting. Mulling over the past two weeks, I absently wrap and unwrap the handle on my scale. Surprisingly enough, the three days of torture had gone pretty well. Isaac had stayed with me during the nights, and I had drunk enough alcohol each morning to guarantee that I felt almost no pain. After the three days passed, I drank as much salt water and took as many salt-water baths as I could. The pain was still there, and even though I kept myself medicated on liquor and baths, there really wasn't much I could do. After I had threatened Tahl not to tell anyone that I had caused the earthquake, she had apparently told her brother about my threatening her, so now Jorah and I were at odds. Great. Two weeks in, and you already have more enemies than you can count. Although I had made it my plan to get kicked out as soon as possible, now the thing that I wanted most badly was to stay here. If I go back home, Thor would soon realize that something is very wrong with me.

I check my reflection on my scale to make sure that all of my makeup is in place. The scale had been honed into a knife blade, and though it was tiny, it was easily concealed against my tail, and good protection if I ever needed it. At least you can fight underwater. All of these people with weapons knowledge and threatening powers and I couldn't even sing. But that was my choice. I rub my forehead, trying to get rid of my migrane, but only succeeding in making it worse. Why had I mentioned my singing? It's not like I could control anyone with it anymore, although I still had a beautiful voice. I sigh at my foolishness and lay my head back against the tree to try and get some rest. I hadn't been eating or sleeping well, and my annoying roommate didn't help.

"What's that, in your hand?" Speak of the devil, and she will appear.
I open my eyes and smile weakly at Amandine. "It's my scale."
Her brow furrows. "Your... scale?"
"Yes. It's been sharpened into a knife, and I can fight with it underwater. It's also a good mirror to look at yourself."
She nods, looking slightly scared, but more at ease. I had convinced her to come back and sleep in my- our- room, and with a few smiles and nods of my head, she was convinced that we were friends. I had explained some things to her, but she still annoyed the hell out of me. But what choice did I have? I couldn't go back to Asgard- I might be expected to help with the war, and not on the side I wanted to.
"They want you to come back." I open my eyes again to look at Amandine and sigh, pushing off and wincing at the pain that came with walking nowadays. Time for more alcohol.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:32 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Victor Shang | The Team Challenge

Victor sincerely wished he could bonk his head Charlie-Brown-style on the tree that Isi was currently sitting under. All he was hearing was status updates from the Student Council as they monitored the teams, though Victor could not understand for the life of him why they would be transmitting without some complicated anti-eavesdropping code. Maybe it was for amusement.

"Squad 2... there... bridges... one... zero..."

"Gah!" Victor suddenly yelled. Everyone looked at him, surprised that he was even there.

Pricking an eyebrow, Katarina asked if Victor had an idea. He didn't, of course.

"I bet you weren't even listening," L grumbled. He jerked his head towards a tree nearby where Isi and Amandine were chatting. "Like those two."

It was undeniably true.

"Well, I'll ask again," Kat said, "we've already decided to set a trap, but where and what kind? With our current line-up, I'm thinking we should lure Scirocco into a bog, or somewhere where he'll have a hard time using wind and sand, and all attack at once, hopefully with some long-distance attacks first. Anyone got anything better?"

What should have been a moment of silence was ruined by Jessa complaining about bogs and their humidity. Then, Ruby asked the obvious question. "How are we going to get to a bog?"

"There's probably a teleportation system of sorts," Walt offered.

L rolled his eyes. "Yeah right. Judging by the dramatic exit of Squad Two, I'm guessing that either there isn't one, or we're not allowed to use it."

"Do you really think Squad Two planned very much out?" Jorah asked, frowning, "My sister is disgusted, both by their lack of thought, and--well, nevermind."

"You mean she didn't want to be separated from you?" Vogel asked. He was promptly ignored; no one seemed to take him seriously for anything except healing.

Everyone turned to Dyre. She looked away, flustered. "If there was a teleportation system, we didn't use it. He hijacked a vehicle of sorts. Now let's go and find a way to go wherever we're going. We can keep talking as we go."

Victor wondered if now was a good time to tell the group that the Student Council was practically, and most likely deliberately, telling them how both teams were doing score-wise.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

212 Reviews

Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:42 am
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Isi/Team Meeting

As I join the rest of the group, I wince when someone touches me. "Kat. A bog isn't going to work. Not if you want my help, anyway."
"And why not? And how do you know what we were talking about, anyway?"
"I know what you were talking about because you weren't doing it quietly. And as for your first question, do you want me to turn in to a mermaid as soon as I step foot anywhere near that bog?"
"Why... oh. The mud?"
"Yeah. I can usually control the change, but I haven't been in the sea for months."
"Then what do you suggest?"
"A river. Or just freshwater, so there won't be sand.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:35 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Evoltrick - Squad Bee

"Hey, Bea! Why are we running to another place?"
"Because we need a wider area for Evatt to transport us all! Come on, follow!"
"Aye, Captain!"
Evoltrick was perfectly aware that their plan was extremely flawed, but he was also aware that he was teamed up with a group of people that couldn't always be brought back to reason. On top of that, planning without acting was a loss of time, and time was something they didn't really have; twenty-four hours seemed really short for a planet exploration.
"There!" exclaimed Evatt. "That's perfect!"
They stopped in an open place not too faraway from the Academy.
"So, Evatt? Think you got enough juice for the first bridge?" asked Wade.
"I believe so, but as I said, they'd become weaker and weaker as I create them. If you think you can run across them as they deconstruct, then you should run fast."
"Evatt, don't worry," intervened Evoltrick with a confident smile. "You just need to make the first bridge, and I'll be able to give a hand afterwards."
"How?"
"Don't you remember what my main power is?"
"I do, but how could you possibly copy my alchemy talents? It requires knowledge of both chemistry and ancient arts that, as far as I know, you don't possess."
"What you don't possess however is the complete knowledge of my power and how it functions. You also don't seem to possess faith. AKA: don't worry man. Do your job, and I'll do mine. Besides, we only have limited time. So let's get started before the other Squad catch up."
There was a collective gesture of agreement in the team, as none of them wanted to be be beaten by the other group. Evatt didn't seem completely convinced, but decided to obey anyway. Like the others, he certainly had his own interests to fulfill.
He closed his eyes and slowly pressed his palms on the ground. Evoltrick positioned himself next to him and observed. A discrete white light was glowing in his eyes, only visible sign that his power was already in motion. Thanks to it, Evoltrick could understand every single detail of the process.
"One: Comprehension. It is understanding the inherent structure and properties of the atomic or molecular makeup of a particular material to be transmuted..."
The ground around the Squad began to tremble, but none was worried; they were more curious on to discover what Evatt was creating.
"Two: Deconstruction. It is using energy to break down the physical structure of the identified material into a more malleable state so as to be easily reshaped into a new form."
Blue electric discharges started to appear, soon covering the entire area Evatt had affected with his alchemy powers. The other teenagers quickly fell back, with the exception of Evoltrick who continued to observe.
"Three: Reconstruction. It is continuing the flow of energy so as to reform the material into a new shape."
Evoltrick's smile grew larger. Those were the three steps that allowed Alchemists to use their art. And now, those steps were for him to use.
As if coming out of nowhere, a huge ark-shaped rock bridge began to form and kept growing, as if a miraculous fertilizer had allowed it to reach for the sky.
"Done." said Evatt with a neutral voice.
Much to his surprise, he received an ovation from the "crowd" that had gathered around him.
"You even added a stairway for us! You nailed it, man!" exclaimed Bea with a huge smile on the face.
"Yeah dude, it's awesome!" added Wade.
"It...It's nothing. We should hurry up and cross that bridge."
"He's right, people", added Henrietta, "we should probably celebrate after reaching the other side of this bridge. And he must be tired after creating it."
"Alright, y'all!" Get ready for the first step of our Operation: Planet Hopping!"
A collective more-or-less motivated "Aye, Captain!" followed Bea's declaration.
"You know," said Evoltrick to Evatt, "I'm amazed by the amount of energy you can use with your Alchemy art. And it doesn't only require knowledge alone, it also requires a natural talent to manipulate physical objects with energy. Which you obviously have."
Evatt's gaze drastically changed. "How do you know that?"
"Oh, just a wild guess." Evoltrick materialized a G-Orb in his hand. "By the way," he added, "I learned something incredible today! «in order to obtain or create something, something of equal value must be lost or destroyed.» Doesn't it sound awesome?"
"You did it, didn't you?" realized Evatt. "You replicated my Alchemy powers."
"Yup! And Alchemy is probably gonna become one of my favorite Gimmicks. The possibilities are just amazing. Oh and I'll be sure to help you if you feel too tired to finish your bridges. You did the first part of the job. So as promised, I'll give you a hand for the next part!"
"Do as you wish", Evatt replied. "I don't like relying on people."
"You're talking to a lone wolf, man. Me of all people can understand that."
The young Alchemist shrugged and walked towards the group, followed by Evoltrick.
"New Gimmick Acquired", thought the Gimmick Hunter with joy.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:52 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Walter/Team meeting:

Spoiler! :
Okay here it is. xD I threw something together.

I looked around the faces of my new team and inwardly was running through ideas the ditching them just as fast. Yeah we had known one another for about two weeks but we didn't know really jack about working together.... but...

“Excuse me.” I said, but clearly was ignored as Kat kept arguing with Jessa about the bog climate, I cleared my throat, “Excuse me.” Again nothing, this was ridiculous- we had to come up with a plan and fast because the other team was already on the way and I would never live it down if Henri Stark beat me in this challenge. “ Okay Listen up.” I barked walking to the center of the team getting a good look at everyone, “We've never worked together before and that's an issue but we can't let it cripple us. We all know everyone's main strengths and we need to use those to our advantage.”

“Get on with it Rogers.” Dryeman said looking me up and down.

“Lets use what he knows about us to our advantage.” I said gesturing. “They think we're all Newbies and pretty much lone wolfs thrown together- but that's not how I work and I'm sure we all can swallow personal pride to win this thing. This guy- our target - is a lot stronger then us. So we can't take him down in one full on attack and I personally think any trap we build he's going to bust out of. So we need to stage our attacks. Have the plain fighters with no magical powers like Jessa and I go in and wear him down until I probably get knocked out or Jessa dries out to much then the next wave hits him but save the people who could probably bind him in the rear so when he's getting tired THEN we spring the trap on him and he's less likely to break out- but first off we need to locate him.” I look around at the people around me...
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:33 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Kat Romanoff | Academy Grounds | Team KittyKat

Kat pointed dramatically at Walt. "Rogers here has the right idea, folks," she declared. They were, as a direct fact, a rag tag team of misfits that didn't no squat about working together with barely two weeks to get to know what everyone was capable of. That didn't mean they couldn't at least try to work together. "Did you guys see Scirocco? Unless any of us are secret traps masters, I doubt we'll be able to hold him down."

She looked around at the faces of her teammates. Half of them looked skeptical, the other half bored. Kat sighed, this was going to be harder than she thought. "I like Walt's idea of staging attacks in waves. And we're definitely not going to take him down without lowering his defenses and getting him out of his element."

Jessa gave a sigh of relief. "My dermatologist thanks you."

"Still," Dyre said, crossing her arms in unison with Dyreman who finished her statement. "How are we supposed to track this guy down in the first place? It's not like he's going to just wander into the Academy pool."

Victor raised his hand shyly. "Uhm," he murmured, blushing lightly as the entire team eyed him. "I don't know if it'll help much, but the Student Council has been broadcasting constant updates on team performance and score this whole time."

"And you're just telling us this now?" Jessa asked, jutting her hip out to achieve ultimate sass.

Victor cleared his throat, wincing a bit as a particularly loud string of radio waves blasted through his head. "I can keep an eye--er, ear on where the other team is and whether they've found this Scirocco guy."

Jorah rolled his eyes. "Yeah, buddy, I can do the same thing." He tapped his head. "I've kind of got a direct line to my sister's ranting."

"No, wait," Kat said, holding out a hand to stop them all. They had begun a trek across campus in pursuit of a bog or some other open source of water. "That's perfect. The other team has already gone planet hopping, and by the look of it already have a pretty good head start on us. If we're not capable of taking him down in one shot I doubt they are either. We just have to wait for them to flush Scirocco out of his hiding place and ensure he has to come back to campus and recharge."

She spun around, orienting herself with what she knew of campus. "And where else does the wind and sand guy need to recharge than someplace full of sand."

Jessa groaned. "Don't say what I think you're going to say, for the love of all that is moisturized."

"Exactly," Kat said. "The volleyball courts."

----

The sand volleyball courts were on the other side of campus, and by the time they reached them they'd developed at least the skeleton of a plan. It would be some time before the other team would flush Scirocco out of his hiding place.

While they waited, they'd collect as much water as they possibly could and hide it away Team Rocket style in holes in the ground nearby. When Scirocco showed up they'd drench him as fast as they could with the help of Jorah's water control while Isi conjured up a storm to make the sand too wet for Scirocco to manipulate.

And then they'd start their attacks.

Kat smiled as their water reserves began to take feeble shape. Victor and Jorah sat on a nearby bench charting out as best they could the movements of the other team and Scirocco. Jessa led the small team of folks transporting water to and from the fountains outside the academic building. It had proven too much chaos with everyone trying to help, so many of the others sat around sunning themselves and napping in the grass.

Luckily for everyone, it was about time for Kat's daily martial arts training and what better way to use empty time than to work on some team bonding?

She gathered everyone around, despite several reluctant groans, and demonstrated a few basic moves they would all run through in a combination. Once everyone at least claimed they understood, she pulled a spanish-english dictionary out of her back pocket - because anytime is a good time to brush up on your languages - and called out counts as they ran through the combinations together.

Spoiler! :
Sorry if I misrepresented anyone's abilities! Just let me know and I will adapt :3
Got YWS?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:24 am
View Likes
Bloo says...

Wade

He tapped his foot on the bridge, the pattering turning into a buzz as he waited for his non-speedster teammates to catch up. It had only taken a bit to scout out the area, and it was as empty as a fantastic amazing great good alright decent okay terribleany box of pizza.

Bea was the first to catch up. "You know, Bea, while I was waiting I thinking, and I thought this think, and I think it was a good thought, so I thought some more on that think. I was in the side-kick game for awhile, and, in my experience, these types of scenarios tend to play out a certain way." West went into some exposition, and then he went off into some story time, and then a tangent about this great burger place in Gotham. Then he got hungry and ate a candy bar. "In summation, splitting up never really lasts. To take down the Bid-Daddy Baddy, we can't fight divided, we gotta find the other team, work together on this."
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

212 Reviews

Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:31 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Isi/Volleyball Courts

I go hide for the duration of martial arts training. As I pace the length of the courts, my pain increases, and I think quickly. What had that book said? Every full or half moon, I'd be back in pain? Yes, that was it, I decide. Running quickly to my room, I take as many bottles of alcohol as I can carry and return to the volleyball courts without breaking a single one. Sighing, I set them down and bite back a scream. Grabbing a bottle of bourbon, I dig my nails into the cork and down a gulp of it when it opens. The pain abates almost immediately, and I force myself not to drink more. I'd only take enough to keep the pain away, and hopefully not get drunk. I conceal my drinks behind a bush- not the best hiding spot, but oh well- and go back to hiding.

They finish training, and I reappear after taking another drink. Jorah deliberately walks into me, earning himself a few cuts from my nails as I grab his arm. He smacks my hand away and continues on, wincing. I kick the sand on the courts as we wait. Did we really think this was going to work? I already knew it wasn't going to.

Why would Scirocco come here? He wasn't an idiot, he wouldn't walk into a trap. Besides, was this really the only place with dry sand in this realm? We were trying to defeat him, not the other way around. Unless the other team found him, he'd have no reason to replenish his power. And if the other team found him, was Kat really sure that they wouldn't take him down? The more I think about it, the more that I see the holes in this plan. We needed to get him mad, mad enough to hunt us down and ignore the other team. At least then, we could trick him into coming here, not just hope that he would appear. God, this was the stupidest plan we could have possibly thought of.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:51 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Scirocco The Swift

Scirocco knelt behind an enclave of stone where a trickling brook spattered against the jagged surfaces. Lips parted, he waited as splashes of fresh water sank against his tongue. His earpiece beeped, and he held a finger to the backing of it to hear orders.

Dutchess: "Team Two has arrived on the Mountain Plane. Commence Phase One of combat at will."

Scirocco stepped into the light of the Pocket Five Day Cycle and tugged away at the hood covering his head and face, letting it whip away on the breeze. As he drew his sword, his earpiece beeped again.

Jean: "Aye, bo. Remember to sheathe so you don't go cuttin' any throats."

Scirocco slid his blade into its leather sheath and strapped it to his back. He cracked his neck to the left, then the right. He popped his knuckles and squinted into the distance to see the freshmen headed his way. Dutchess was strict when it came to keeping her precious freshmen safe, but it didn't mean that Scirocco couldn't have fun with them. And today, showboating sounded like his brand of fun. He outstretched his fingers, conjuring a cloud of sand from the mountainscape above. With a jerk of his jaw, Scirocco leaped from the ground and swept across the sky, body surrounded by sand in the shape of a dragon's maw. Once he appeared above the freshman team, he threw his arms forward and sent the cloud of sand barreling into the ground at full speed.

Encounter: Scirocco!
1800/1800
900/900

Encounter details: Scirocco will fight at 30% power in Phase One, which will last a total of six combat posts from Team B. After the sixth entry is posted, Scirocco will retreat inland, or to another plane, to recover energy (but not health). During Phase One, Scirocco will engage with the following abilities:

1. Sandstorm: Increases evasiveness and slows enemy movement speed.
2. Mirage Cut: A blunt strike with a blade constructed of heat and sand.
Last edited by Lumi on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:54 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

L | Volleyball Courts
A brief evaluation

Once Team "KittyKat" (which Kat determined was their team name but was the only one so far to use it) arrived at the volleyball courts, they immediately started to span out. Taking in the scene, the environment, determining what they can and can't use against Scirocco.

L's eyes followed his teammates, watching the way they interacted with each other. Now, L was no stranger to teamwork but it didn't mean he enjoyed it. But desperate times call for desperate measures, no?

"Team!" Kat's voice rose over the commotion and L startled, finding that she was right beside him. "We need to gather as much water as we can, so spread out."

"What're we gonna use to hold it in?" someone grumbled.

Kat shot him a look that made the boy actually cower from her. "Do I look like I have cups stuffed in my pockets? Go find something."

He scowled at her and walked away. After hearing an awkward cough, Kat turned her gaze on L, eyes on fire. "You too, hothead," she snapped.

L raised an eyebrow and debated setting her hair on fire. "Can't. Any contact with water weakens my power. Unless you want me to be MIA during the fire or, worse, a liability..."

Kat rolled her eyes. "Figures. Alright, go work with Victor and Jorah," she pointed to the two boys sitting on a bench with a stick in their hands, drawing a feeble map in the dirt.

He walked away from his captain, letting out a grumble at her orders. He absolutely hated working in teams and especially underneath someone's dictation. Even if it was under a captain as hot as Katarina Romanoff.

Victor looked up when L arrived, a glint of panic in his eyes. Ever since the battle with the Golem, something had changed in L. He was angry- well, angrier than he usually was. What little patience he had was reduced. The first day after the Welcoming Ceremony, while in his A History of Justice class, L heard people whispering about his episode in the arena. Someone even dared to comment about it right to his face and quickly had their hair set on fire.

Since then, no one has said anything about it but it was clear that everyone was afraid of his and his rash personality. He could tell by the uneasiness of his team, by the way Jorah avoided his gaze and the way Kat looked when he said that water was his weakness, as if she was tempted to take him out of the fight.

L met Victor's gaze and nodded once, acknowledging his presence, then turned to Jorah. "What's the plan?"

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Kat yell for those sitting around to gather up and practice martial arts with her. Well, he was glad he missed that group-bonding exercise, he thought.

"I can't tell. She's confused," Jorah muttered. "They're just walking and there's a lot of arguing and shoving. She's just following the group."

"Can't you send some sort of telepathic message that makes her unconsciously move to the front of the group?" Victor questioned.

Jorah shook his head, a bit annoyed with the assumption. "It doesn't work like that."

"Alright, man," L said, crouching down so he could look at the map they drew in the dirt. "Focus. Look past what she's seeing and try to concentrate on her surroundings."

Jorah's face twisted as he did so, eyes closed, seeing everything through his twin's eyes. "They've just arrived at a plane. It's windy and up high and cool. The air is very cool. It's whipping her hair around and annoying her. The sun is bright and hot and is making her sweat. I.. can't... she's scared. A big cloud of- sand? dirt devil? something is hurling towards the group! Something encased in sand."

L and Victor shared a grim look. "Must be Sciccoro," L said, reaching for the stick that was dangling from Jorah's limp hand. "And by the description, I'd say team two has taken a visit to the Mountain Plane... there." He pointed to the left side of the map, making a mark in the dirt.

L directed his gaze to his team, watching as people did combinations while Kat supervised. Walking in quick, long strides, he reached her side in a second and leaned in, speaking in a low voice to avoid disrupting the group. "They found Scicorro. He's already attacked the other team."

The smile on Kat's face froze on place as she tensed. "He's not stupid. He'll fight them until they manage to weaken him, then jump planes until he comes here. This might be where he'll come to re-energize."

L nodded. "We need to start setting up an attack plan."

Kat's lips finally turned down, reflecting the worry in her eyes. "Stay with Jorah and keep me informed," she decided, turning to meet L's gaze. "I'll gather the team and start working on a game plan."

L smiled and raised a hand in a salute, the gesture half-mocking. He couldn't find the energy to be the pessimist at a time like this. Then he turned and jogged back to Jorah and Victor, who was studying Jorah with a look of concern as the twin followed his sister through her battle.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

40 Reviews

Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:00 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Evoltrick - Team Bee

"Incoming!"
Astasia's shout alerted everybody, but most of the group were about to witness the sand dragon plunging towards them anyway. As the fearful monster continued his upcoming assault, A dome-shaped protecting rock covered the whole team.
"Evatt" understood Evoltrick. He feverishly pulled out a shard of glass from one of the pockets of his belt and slammed it into the dome. A second later, blue electric discharges flew from his hand to the shard, and from the shard to the dome, who was soon recovered by a layer of solid glass. The whole group felt the impact of the sand dragon on the dome, yet it wasn't powerful enough to penetrate it.
"Glass?" asked Evatt. "Why did you do that?"
"I fought sand users before," explained the Gimmick Hunter." "I don't want his sand to infiltrate the rock."
"Ok team, FOCUS!"
Everyone turned to Bea who, surprisingly enough for some, had an expression of razor-sharp concentration on her face.
"That was Scirocco, there's no arguing it. We need ideas! And mostly, we need to strike back!"
"Let me out and I can deal with this idiot myself!" proposed Henrietta.
"I have several bottles of water on me" intervened Kya, "but I don't think it'll be enough for my Water Bending to help out. Sand is everywhere, so clear advantage for him."
"I'll distract him with my speed,"added a confident Wade. "I can switch between attack and defense at will."
"I can destroy the bad guy with magic!" shouted Mia with conviction.
"Alright, alright, we can't hear every suggestion", said Evoltrick. "First of all, know that I have enough Replicate Skills to support a bunch of you guys, and hopefully without wasting too much of my energy. Let's make this quick and simple. We need everyone to be useful here, so for now I'll stay in the back preparing support with people. For my little experience, I need Astasia, Tahl and Kya here. People who can deal with the Scirocco in the front, please do so, we'll join you as soon as we can."
"Now hear me out!" interrupted Bea. "Evoltrick's supporting with his mini-squad thing, let's go with that. Henrietta, Wade, you're coming to the front line with me, we'll be the vanguard. Isaac, We'll need you to cover us. All the other damage, stay in the back and spam him with powerful stuff from the distance. And Team Bee! Let's move out!"
It took a couple of seconds for everyone to remember their roles, but after a while, Evatt created a hole in the dome, big enough for the team's offensive forces to charge.
"Alright people!" Evoltrick started. "Let's begin the experiment. Sorry for taking your time. Kya, create a small drop of water please. Size doesn't really matter.
Kya nodded and obliged: a small ball of water was now floating next to her. Evoltrick materialized a G-Orb and inserted it inside the ball. It quickly transformed into a roughly two meters tall water golem.
"Right. Tahl, the Gimmick added to this golem was telekinesis. You're already familiar with that, so it'll amplify your own powers. I want you to enter into that thing."
The girl suspiciously obliged and let herself be sucked inside the creature's body. She began testing her peculiar armor and realized her mobility was enhanced, as if she was in actual water.
"Which means I can still control this as if I was underwater", she understood. "This is perfect..."
"You're welcome. One thing however: You're the one controlling this now, AKA I won't suffer from energy loss controlling this. You will. I handed the controller over to you, so you pay the price. Good luck."
A brief smile enlightened her face and she went out full speed to join her teammates, followed by Kya.
Evoltrick turned to Astasia.
"You need something that complements your acrobatic skills."
Yet another G-Orb materialized in Evoltrick's hand. He also took a small metallic sphere from his hand and merged it with the Orb. A futuristic-looking sword attached to a jet pack was now in the boy's hand.
"You can throw air blades with this sword. And you can also charge the Jetpack for powerful speed strikes. It mostly requires concentration. Use it carefully though, it's a bit weaker than the original."
"I really wonder where you got all that stuff..." murmured Astasia after putting on the weapons.
"Long story. Now go and be careful. If the item is destroyed, I'll suffer from the energy loss. It'll be small, but significant. As long as you're using it, I'm fine."
"Thanks. I guess you'll be joining us now?"
A gloomy smile appeared on the boy's face.
"Not before preparing a little trick of my own..."
"You're...kinda weird." Astasia said, frowning.
"I know" was Evoltrick's sole answer.
The Gimmick Hunter materialized one last G-Orb, one of his favorite.
"Replicate Absorption: Reploid Dynamo setup!"
The G-Orb was consumed and this time turned into a natural power. Evoltrick wouldn't have to make any real efforts for this one.
"Now, let's see what we've got..."
Evoltrick ran out of the dome and assessed the situation.
The damage team was trapped between two sandstorms, one of which being currently destroyed by Wade's super speed, and the other one by Mia and Evatt. Scirocco was juggling between Bea's vanguards - composed of Bea herself, Isaac and Henrietta - and the upgraded supporters - Tahl and Astasia, with Kya willing to heal them if occasion given. As expected, they didn't master their new temporary powers to be anything more than supporters, but they provided enough threat for Scirocco to worry about.
Evoltrick dashed to the front line with the others. Scirocco dodged an energy blast from Henrietta and fell back, seeing a new threat coming up to him.
"So! he asked with a confident grin on the face. "What can you do?"
"Well you see," started Evoltrick. "You placed me in the support group, but it's not a good assessment of my character."
"Activate Earth Gaizer Kai!"
A sphere of sheer energy started pulsing in Evoltrick's hand, and he punched the ground with it. As expected, Scirocco fell back, expecting a close ranged attack.
Much to his surprise, several pillars of energy appeared directly below him, one of which being able to deal some damage to him.
"I'm a trickster," shouted Evoltrick, "and my nickname only announces what I can really do!"
Using this occasion, Bea used the nearby shadows of her allies to summon two vampires who managed to steal Scirocco's energy and bring it back to their mistress.
"Thanks Evoltrick. Nice save."
"Anytime, Captain."
In the back, both sandstorm had been destroyed, and everyone was slowly encircling Scirocco, with the Damage team all in the back, with the exception of Wade.
"So, Upper classmate!" shouted Henrietta, landing next to her Captain. "Ready for round two? My armor and I are still have a bone to pick with you!"
The encircled foe was not showing any sign of panic. He was surely preparing something.
"I guess I'll have to get a bit more serious with all of you, huh..."
"Yes, do get serious... let me replicate whatever skill you're going to us!"
"Don't fear him guys!" shouted Bea at the top of her lungs. Get the baddy!"
With a unified battle cry, the squad of young warriors rushed towards Scirocco.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:48 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

Wade West | Peru (AKA The Second Planet)

Scirocco barked like a hyena. “You can’t be serious?” He pulled out his sword, letting the metal sing before he moved into stance. The swordsman took a moment to appreciate the sheen of the blade, a slight lick of his lips before he turned to face the onslaught. “This should be fun.”

“Oh trust me, I’ll see to that.” Scirocco spun toward the voice, his blade cutting the air to meet it’s opponent, only to slice into...more air. Wind rushed passed Scirocco’s ear, the sand around him pulling into a storm out of his control. Scirocco reeled backwards, his gut clenching as as a fist buried into it. Wade grinned, turning into a blur before Scirocco could get back his form. Another hit, and Scirocco staggered forward, his body falling right into an uppercut. A shadow reared over the field, a blur of black and blue covering the sun as Wade launched into a kick.

Crack. Blood splattered onto the grass. Wade huffed as he stared down his opponent, his grin fading the longer he stared. “You stabbed me.” Wade said, dumbfounded, as his leg went out, blood pouring out the wound.

“You may have surprised me, but no man can outrun my blade.” Scirocco shook the blood off his blade, sprinting forward to meet the rest of Team B(ea). “Men!” Sciocco swung his blade, slicing away the first batch of attacks. . “Dou!” The blade spun, the blunt end sending the fighters backwards. “Kote!” The blade pierced the ground, an eruption of sand crashing into the team.

Henriette burst out of the tomb, blasters glowing with her rage. “You son of a-”

“Plan! We need a better plan!” Bea snapped her fingers. “Who has an idea? I have one, but looking around it might be a bit impractical, unless someone has a really high crafting and mining level.”

Evoltrick nearly bounced with excitement. “I have the perfect gimmick!” He pulled Bea close, talking too softly for Wade to hear.

Isaac moved over, adding to the conversation, again too softly for Wade to hear. More talking, everyone seemed to have a lot to say, to the bleeding Wade’s discomfort. Finally it stopped, Bea grinned, giving a pair of thumbs up as the team started to scatter on this, at least to Wade, unkown plan.

As the teams set up, Scirocco keeping his ground as he observed them, he almost seemed to enjoy watching them work. Probably made crushing the plan more enjoyable. Kya ran over to Wade. She pulled out a patch of water, getting it glow nicely while she inspected the wound. “This might hurt, I don’t have a lot of experience with sword wounds.”

“You’re not alone there.” Wade glanced back at the field, eyes darting between Isaac and Evoltrick with confusion and excitement. Kya was too focused on the wound to small talk much, which was fine with Wade, it hurt enough without her being distracted.

“Oh Wade, are you alright!” Bea hopped up from behind, giving Wade a reassuring pat. “Kind of weird, how you said we should team up the teams, but then you rushed in on your own.”

“I figured I could distract him while you guys rushed in, I got cocky.” Wade brushed the back of his neck, wincing as Kya pressed on his wound.

Bea pursed his lips, nodding. “Guys, let this be a lesson! No rushing in without the team!”

Wade frowned, squirming as the water worked its way through his wound. “I just got stabbed, can I have a bit of sympathy.”

Bea puffed out her chest, arm across her chest as she recited something. “Every moment is a learning moment.” Very scholarly. “That’s what Miss Headmistress said, anyway. Not entirely sure what it means. Oh! Look, I think the plan is starting, want some popcorn?”

“You have popcorn?”

“No, but that doesn’t mean you can’t want it.” Wade nodded, Bea held a fair point.

The rest of the team has gathered into a circle formation around Scirocco. Bea pointed to Isaac, who was simply pointing at Scirocco, Wade was rather disappointed after all that unintentional hype. Isaac’s arm shook as he pointed at Scirocco, until a pulse of dark light escaped the arm, fading before it did anything exciting. Scirocco seemed to think differently, though, his expression changing to slightly confusion, his head slowly turning as if he was searching for something.

“Go!” Isaac screeched, he didn’t seem overly confident in what he had just done. Whatever the heck it was. Evatt burst forward first, the symbols on his gloves glowing as he slammed a fist into the earth. A grin flashed onto Scirocco, who spun out of the way as the sand jutted upwards, solidifying into a glass spike. Mia and Ryou charged in next. Mia raised her staff, summoning a wave of arcane missiles, as Ryou went in for some hand to hand. Scirocco jumped, flipping over Ryou as he threw her first kick. Scirocco spun in the air, landing on the ground with laser precision, right between two arcane missiles.

Evatt raised his fists, punching a chunk of rock towards Scirocco, as Mia let loose a wave of fire from her staff. Scirocco simply ducked, allowing the boulder to fly overhead, the rock separating the flames for him, and causing Mia to flee for safety. Ryou charged in on the tail of the attacks, but Scirocco blocked his attack, grabbing him by the arms and chucking her into Evatt.

“But you’re blind!” Isaac shouted. “How?”

“Men can see much without their eyes, if they know how.” Scirocco raised his blade. “You might say I have improved without them burdening me.” Scirocco slashed his blade into the air, a ship of sanding following it’s motion, grabbing onto Isaac. “I am not quite ready to leave them behind, though.” The whip tore down, Isaac’s illusion shattering.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

40 Reviews

Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:14 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Evoltrick - Team Bee

"So!" said Scirocco. Who wants some more?"
Evatt and Ryou quickly rose up, both dizzy. Mia hesitated between going farther away from the approaching threat or prepare a new spell.
"New Gimmick Acquired!!"
A maniac cackle shook Evoltrick's entire body. Finally. He had finally replicated one of the Upper Classmates" power. Perfect timing.
"Now you're a weird one," said Scirocco, sighing. "I just literally proved to y'all I could fight my eyes closed, and you're just laughing."
"I am weird indeed," the boy answered. "But thank goodness for that, because if I wasn't, half of the plans I struggled to come up with in order to survive up until now would never have worked!"
The entire team had paused. Except for Bea, everyone was looking at him in confusion.
"You talk too much, tricky boy."
"Depends when and why, Sand freak!"
Two G-Orb materialized into the chortling boy's hand. One of them was crimson red instead of the usual steel gray color they all had until now.
"Alright, Panzaro! Time for you to shine!"
He threw the red G-Orb in the air and, after a brief light, a little bird came out with a tuneful cry. It was wearing a green armor with a red scarf around his neck. He also had a ruby red gem on his helmet, and his tail was shaped like of two different leaves combined, one deeply green and the other with a lighter shade.
"Well, well... Looks like someone took Red's lessons too seriously," said an unimpressed Scirocco. What can this little guy do?"
"Oh, but that's the best part! Hey Panzaro! Catch!"
Oblivious to his teammates' confusion, the Gimmick Hunter threw the other G-Orb, who was instantly consumed by the bird.
"Panzaro! Zircon Armor!"
The bird let its melodious cry resonate again before being suddenly circled by a bright light. its entire armor went from green to orange.
"Use Mirage Cut!"
To Scirocco's utter surprise, the bird started gathering sand and heat around it to his mouth. A few seconds later, a blade-shaped energy projectile was released, aiming at Scirocco. The projectile was released and, as expected, Scirocco sidestepped to dodge his own attack. But at the last second, the blade changed its course and directly hit the warrior.
"Head hunting projectiles," was Evoltrick's sole explanation. "Keep shooting, Panzaro!"
Several smaller Mirage Cuts took off, but this time, Scirocco knew what to expect. he created a sandstorm to engulf all the projectiles.
Evoltrick's smile grew larger and his cackle louder.
"No escape for you! Panzaro! Use your own sandstorm! Catch up to his speed and Mirage Cut his face!"
The obedient bird obliged and pursued his foe, harassing him tirelessly.
The Gimmick Hunter turned to his allies, who were still agape.
"Did I overdo it?"
One after the other, they rapidly went out of their petrified state.
"Yeah, you definitely did" intervened Bea, nodding. " But at least you went with the plan, and now we have the perfect distraction to prepare another attack! So let's do it, guys! Wade, is your wound healed yet?"
"Not really", Kya answered from him. Give a minute or two and he'll be fine."
"Alrighty! Damage Squad, go help... Uh..."
"Panzaro."
"Yes! Go help Panzaro! And you, Gimmick Squad..."
"We never agreed to this name!" shouted Astasia and Tahl with equal indignation.
"...You'll support them under Evoltrick's command! I'll join y'all once Wade's fine. We never know what Scirocco might do to wounded members of our team. Now... Let the Operation: Bossfight begin!"
"Aye, Captain!"
"Was I the only one actually shouting that with conviction?"
A quick gaze at Mia and her Prinny gave Evoltrick the answer to his question.
"Hold on a sec, Mia."
"What's up, Gimmy?"
"First off, stop calling me that. Second, we don't want a powerful sorceceress like yourself flee every time Scirocco is too close."
"But Gimmy, I have no choice! I can't risk him cutting my staff in half!"
"And that's why you need protection. Yo, Bubbles! Want a slave of your own?"
"Sure thing, dood!"
Evoltrick pulled out a G-Orb and inserted it into one of the prinny's machetes. The weapon transformed into a steel golem."
"He's all yours! Oh and his power is super speed. He can also create an impenetrable Black Shield."
"Wow, someone with a lower rank that a Prinny! That's awesome dood!"
"And I got myself a second bodyguard! Thanks, Gimmy!"
Evoltrick sighed. She'd never stop.
"Ok, Gimmick Squad!"
He cackled. Such an awesome name.
"Let's get down to business!"
The Damage and Gimmick Squads by his side, Evoltrick rushed to Panzaro's rescue. he was doing his best to avoid his adversary's assault, but Scirocco's blade was getting closer and closer to the bird's wings, when he wasn't trying to sunk him under a ton of sand.
"Panzaro! Iron Armor! Use Panzarush! Full speed!"
The bird's armor switched to steel gray and a golden light engulfed his entire body. Using Scirocco's ability, He created a small sandstorm to enhance his agility and plunged to the warrior in an attempt to tackle him.
"Activate D-Blade!" thought the Gimmick Hunter.
Evoltrick opened his hands and six spinning violet energy blades appeared one after another, aiming at Scirocco. The warrior deflected all of them with his sword and dodged Panzaro's assault with apparent ease. Tahl transformed her golem's arm into an arm cannon and fired high-pressure water projectiles at him, but a rapid sandstorm engulfed them as well. It took the shape of a giant lion and ran to the Gimmick Squad's encounter at full speed.
"I'll handle this one!"
Astasia used the Jetpack on her back to rush to the front line and three swings from her sword released powerful air slashes. The sand creature vanished.
"I seriously need to find myself a sword after that."
"You'll have to buy it then," intervened Evoltrick with a naughty smile. "You ain't gonna keep my Gimmick forever!"
"Yeah. Thanks again for that I guess."
Henrietta flew to Scirocco's location and, assisted by Panzaro, unleashed a series of devastating energy blasts, projecting the swordsman further away from the team.
"Payback from last time!"
Panzaro shrieked in agreement.
Evatt, Ryou and Mia joined the crew. At the same moment, Scirocco emerged from the hole he was thrown into, a serious look on the face. His gaze went from teenager to teenager until it met Evoltrick's.
"You're a dangerous one." he simply remarked.
"Thanks, Captain Obvious. Jeez, and you're supposed to be the tactician?"
"I'm not fighting at my best. You should considering yourself very lucky. "
"But I am! Why d'you think I'd authorize myself talking to you, if not?
For the first time, Scirocco frowned. Only visible sign that he was annoyed. It didn't escape Evoltrick's eye.
"Gimmick Switch! Setup: Custom Mix, Item Madness!"
"Your tongue is a bit too sharp. It may need to stop."
Scirocco closed his hand. At the same time, a hole formed right underneath Evoltrick's feet. While the other slipped away from danger, the boy stayed in place and exchanged one G-Orb with another.
"Evoltrick, watch out!"
He couldn't recognize the voice right away. He was too busy falling inside the dark trap Scirocco had built for him. He could control the sand, which meant he had probably set up a few holes such as this one using his powers.
"But I have something against that too!" His smile still carved on his face, the Gimmick Hunter looked up, visualizing a place above him. A ring of energy encircled him and he disappeared. The same ring reappeared farther away, a few meters above the hole Evoltrick had fallen into, just next to Tahl and Astasia's positions.
"Yo, he simply said to the latter. Thanks for the warning scream, I suppose."
The girl slightly blushed as Evoltrick locked his gaze into Scirocco's once again.
"By the way," the boy continued. "My whole being is sharp, not just my tongue. Cheap traps like that won't work on the likes of me, you know. I'm too tricky for that."
Mia chose this moment to throw a huge fireball at Scirocco. He dodged it, but the odd projectile exploded and released a cloud of smoke around him. Evoltrick silently called back Panzaro and gave him a new gimmick. At the same moment, Scirocco rushed out of the smoke. Henrietta tried to ambush him, but he once again repelled her assault and countered her with a Mirage Cut.
"Panzaro," ordered Evoltrick. Zircon armor. Shoot a Blue Shell."
The bird's armor retrieved its orange color and he shot a blue, winged shell-shaped projectile.
Scirocco frowned and created another sandstorm, hoping to deflect it. To his surprise, the projectile went directly for him, briefly circled around him and exploded. Evatt quickly reacted and created a wall around the team, protecting them from the blast. The construction disappeared as soon as the danger was passed, and they all looked around. There was no sign of Scirocco, but Panzaro detected what they couldn't see from their position: a hole had been dug in the area of the explosion, which implied Scirocco escaped with little damage.
"I guess we should head back to Bee and make our report for now," proposed Mia.
A general gesture of agreement saluted Mia's suggestion, and they all turned back.
"But seriously Evoltrick, how come you've got some many stuff with you?" asked Astasia. "And how come your blue shell things can explode?"
"Oh, that?"
The boy shrugged and smiled mysteriously. "Too much Mario Kart."

Spoiler! :
Astasia IS supposed to be shy when talking to boys, right? Not sure if I portrayed that well.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:02 am
View Likes
cheeb says...

Scirocco's Modern Life

"No. Way."
Bea, having caught up to the group, narrowed her eyes at the hole in the ground. She then turned to her team with gusto.
"Oh, heck no! Right! West, you're the fastest, so get rollin' around at the speed of sound and follow him, but don't engage him - yet - and try to stay out of sight, okay?"
West nodded and raced off along the ground, in the direction the tunnel appeared to lead. Bea surveyed the rest of her squad.

"Okay... Anyone hurt really bad?" Nobody answered. "Uh, good." Bea scratched the back of her head awkwardly. "Um. 'Zaac, Starky and Trixter," - she pointed to Isaac, Henrietta and Evoltrick in turn - "you guys're with me. Once he stops and we catch up to him, I'll let you know what I have in mind. Uh. The rest of you - Kya, heal people up a bit, if they need anything... Tahl, I dunno if your water powers are compatible with Kya's water powers, or if you need to install a new driver or something, whatevs, but if you can help with her healing in any way, get on that. Once you're done with that, follow us. We'll start the next attack and you guys jump in as soon as you catch up. Actually, Ellie, you'd better come with us as well, we might need you to bridge for us."
Everyone looked around in confusion. "Are - are you talking to me?" Evatt said, one eyebrow raised.
"Yes, of course!"
"Um. My name is not Ellie. It's Ev-"
"Yeah yeah, I know! But it's a nickname, y'know? Like Elric. El. Ellie. Elephant. El Chupacabra. Right?"
"What does a chupacabra have to do with -"
"All righty! Move out!"
Bea seized the whistle that hung around her neck and blew hard into it. Everyone cringed, expecting a loud sonic blast, but the tone that came out was a soft and even melodic cheep. The real shock came when, with a bright flash, an explosion of feathers and a loud squawk, a large bird-like thing appeared next to Bea, who jumped on its back and shouted "Hi-yo, Mimioooo!"

"So basically," Bea called as they ran, "our role, along with West when we catch up to him, is to run interference. Starky's our tank, so she'll be getting up in his face as much as possible; 'Zaac, you need to conjure up as many illusions and visions as you can and just get them in there - I don't know if you can make them tangible, but that'd help - I'm sure he'll be able to tell what's real and what isn't but it should still affect his concentration if we're throwing everything at his big ol' mug at once. Trixter, we've seen that you've got all kinds of crazy stuff you can do, so just go nuts. Ellie -"
"Evatt."
"Elmo. Uh, I guess make some cool-looking obstacles? I dunno alchemy. Didn't really stick around in Magatia."
"Maga-what?"

Before Bea could launch into an explanation, she spotted West up ahead, holding a finger to his lips. Bea climbed off of Mimio and the group crept forward to the stone wall in front of them. Bea carefully glanced over the top and saw Scirocco, cross-legged on the ground with his back to them.
Bea thought for a moment, then made a motion with her hand as if to brush off her team. The team looked at her indignantly. Bea shook her head and tried a new motion, twirling her finger as if stirring soup. Evoltrick turned around, back facing her, and looked back questioningly; Bea nodded with a big grin. Once no one was watching her, she closed her eyes and, with little effort, cast the one mana-based skill she'd mastered long before arriving at the Academy: Dark Sight.
Now entirely invisible, Bea jumped onto the wall and crept towards Scirocco. The team was now looking wildly around, utterly bewildered by Bea's sudden disappearance. Bea tensed herself and leaped towards the unsuspecting Scirocco, wrapping her arms around... thin air? Her target was now standing upright, several feet away, staring at her.

"You may be able to fool a person with such tricks, but did you think you could fool the wind itself? You might be invisible, but I felt every - single - movement."
Butt tacos, Bea thought, and bursting out of her invisibility she shouted, "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!" Her team leaped forward - Henri shot towards Scirocco, who dodged to the side, though Bea could have sworn he'd blinked there. Evoltrick's green parrot was back in action, although Scirocco's control over the wind was hampering its efforts. The blade master appeared to be cutting through fighters like butter, and for a fleeting moment Bea had the horrible thought that she'd sent her teammates to a gruesome death - but it clicked once she spotted Isaac, concentrating hard from behind the wall. Yep, he can tell which ones aren't real. Fantastic. Bea ran forward herself, but she was too late - Scirocco had blown everyone and everything away from himself with a vicious sand-brown twister. Then, in a disturbingly familiar experience, she felt herself constricted by stone, and saw that a layer of sand had surrounded her body and locked her in place.

Bea smiled. Thinking of that smug twit Trevor, she focused energy into her feet and Flash Jumped straight upwards, shattering her sandy confines, and in the air flung two Steelies straight into the eye of the twister. The storm abated, and there stood Scirocco, sword held in front of his face, and Bea's shurikens spinning and rolling on the ground.
Scirocco smirked. "I must commend your accuracy."
"Nice try, buckaroo!" Bea called out happily. "But I grew up in a friggin' desert, Rocko, so sandstorms are nothing to me! What else've you got?"

Spoiler! :
GUYS IS THIS OK
Last edited by cheeb on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the user formerly known as chibibo

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:51 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Evatt Elric | The Scirocco Campaign | The Mountain Plane

Scirocco dropped the pretense of his sandstorm. As the air cleared, each teammate saw the others gathered around the enemy--even as more and more of them filed into their practically destroyed battlefield. Between Scirocco’s power robbing the earth of loose sand and soil and Evatt’s alchemy heaving the solid ground to and fro, the mountain landscape had been devastated.

“Fighting an entire Squad of Freshmen...it’s almost a disgrace, wouldn’t you say?” Scirocco gave into a dark laugh, arms crossed in front of his chest and sword sheathed. “I’ve seen everything you lot can do...and even though I’ve taken your tactics and reverse-engineered them; even though I’ve repelled everything you have, you still come at me!”

Evoltrick made a sudden jerk to retrieve a G-orb from his inventory, but Scirocco threw out a hand, crystalising the boy’s body from his neck down.

“Yeah, I’ve had enough of your buffing. I want to do something different, if you don’t mind.” Scirocco looked at the gang of heroes surrounding him and settled on Evatt. “Alchemist. Take us up. I want to feel that cold mountain air.”

Evatt looked between his allies--from Bea to Wade, to Mia and Ryou, and each of them just stared back in quiet expectation. Evatt knelt and closed his eyes, pressing his palms together and then down onto the cold mountain earth. He felt the ground around them tightening, forming a harder stone that wouldn’t crumble; he felt the earth below break apart in a perfect circle; and he pumped his energy into the stone, flooded the platform with everything he had; and when he opened his eyes, when he stood and tucked his hair behind his ear, his coat tail blew in the harsh winds circling the team and Scirocco where they stood--on a perfect circle atop a tower of twisted stone three hundred and eighty-two yards in the air.

Head spinning from the exertion of energy, Evatt pressed out a shallow breath. The frigid air whipped at his skin, and his teammates rubbed their exposed skin. Scirocco drew his blade and regarded each of his enemies. Mia stood back against the edge of the platform, her staff’s head glowing with a prepared energy attack. Bea held a fan of Steelies between her fingers; West stayed against the back, unsure of his super speed in such a closed-in space; Ryou clenched his fists, standing in front of Evoltrick, birdless, frozen in stone.

All the white noise of his teammates filtered out of Evatt’s ears as Scirocco focused, dead-eyed, on him. Without warning, Scirocco lunged at Evatt, sword drawn, and met the steel of his blade against the ultrasteel of his automail arm, transmuted into a fist blade as his uncle had taught him. Evatt struggled beneath the force of Scirocco’s downward strike, but he refused to relinquish his footing. His teammates watched on; Evatt pushed against the blade, at last deflecting the assault and sending Scirocco back very few steps as both men regained their composure.

There was silence in all but the wind, but a sudden eruption of cheering came slowly at first, then all at once--from Bea, then Wade; and then everyone. Scirocco sneered and attacked again, but Evatt side-stepped the attack and swung his flesh-and-bone fist into Scirocco’s gut. A metallic ring pierced the violent air as Scirocco’s sword fell from the skyward arena. Evatt’s chest heaved with heavy breaths as he brought his fists down over Scirocco’s head. The sandmaster recoiled and swung at Evatt in return, committing to the fist-fight. Neither seemed to be winning the struggle--until Evatt landed a solid kick to Scirocco’s gut that sent him back almost to the edge of the platform. Scirocco grinned and held his fingers out in perfect semi-circles, as if he were grasping at jagged rocks. Loosened bits of stone began to flurry around the platform, then more densely around Scirocco, before he lunged at Evatt.

There was a collective gasp from the team as Scirocco, in a gambit-style move, heaved both of them off the edge of the platform. Mid-air, free-falling, the two struggled for control. Evatt suddenly froze with the realization that he could die from the fall, and latched onto Scirocco with all his might. Scirocco, to Evatt’s surprise, grabbed the alchemist even tighter as he gained control of their free-fall.

“It’s time to take this someplace else,” he whispered. The stones around them suddenly stopped their fall, instead hurdling them across the mountain plane, across the void between planets, and over the vast expanse of the Academy Planet itself. Evatt squinted to see through the stone dust around them, and just before losing consciousness, saw the figures of the other team around the volleyball courts. Scirocco let go of Evatt, and he fell to the ground, swiftly losing consciousness.

Encounter: Scirocco! Phase Two!

1200/1800
500/900

During Phase Two, Scirocco will not have his sword, and thus will have no blade-related powers. This fight will be between Scirocco and the members of Squad A, and will last a total of six posts only from Squad A. During this phase, Scirocco will fight with 30% power, and will have the following abilities:

♦ Hurricane Crash: Using the natural sharpness of the air around him, Scirocco will dive into a group of enemies. This does moderate AoE damage.
♦ Typhoon Fist: A melee attack that knocks the enemy back with the force of a tornado.
♦ Draft Field: Scirocco will protect himself with a shield of hyperspeed air that keeps enemies at bay.
Last edited by Lumi on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

it's ok, death by laughter was always how i've wanted to go out
— Carina