z

Young Writers Society

The Bound - Open - 18+

Reviews: 3
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:26 pm
Zarhail says...

This storybook is about humans, thrown into a world they do not understand, having made promises the meaning of which they did not fully grasp until it was already too late.

Each of these people has sold their soul.
What they have received is your choice.

The story is set in modern day Europe, magic and strange beings exist, hiding below the surface, but everything has its price. Power will always come at a cost.
They have been trust into enigmatic power struggles between beings of unfathomable power, odd agreements, milennia old feuds and beings whose thoughts do not remotely resemble those of a human.
Things are not as they seem and with the new mark on their bodies, they have unmistakable evidence of their situation. A soul contract will leave a seal or sigil like tattoo somewhere on the body. It cannot be removed and will simply appear again even on scar tissue.

One day they were desperately wishing for something, the next they have met someone willing to make a deal, it can appear in any shape, anywhere, at any point in their lives, in the shape of a coworker, an imp, a dream, their own reflection or very simply a being that should not exist.
These are called Titans. Halfway between person and concept they seek to use petty human struggles for their advantage. Their true form can be anything at all. They are powerful beyond measure but as a rule, they will never be on your side. A titan cannot truly die, only be vanquished for varying amounts of time. Agreements between them and the gods keep them from intervening directly too much, however there are no rules against using others. Contracted souls can be controlled via rules or even directly. They can also be given certain abilities.

To join, PM me 3 things: 1 A profile of your titan to be approved and then sent to another player to make decisions for them, 2. the terms of your character's contract, 3. the profile of your human character.

I will then send you a link to the group as soon as your profiles have been approved, after that additional nonhuman characters may be created if you so desire.

Titan
Name: (self explanatory)
Purpose/Personality: (what are they like, what do they desire)
Rules: (what is their moral code?)
Domain: (what does their domain look like, what do they feel attracted to, who or what are they associated with)
Abilities: (the abilities they can grant, maybe also the ones they have)
Tendencies: (quirks, likes, dislikes)
True appearance: (the appearance closest to their true being. What do they look like without any magic applied, displaying their full powers?)
extra notes: (anything else you'd like to say?)

Contract
Services received: (titans are very powerful, but please don't put anything too outlandish)
Further continuous services: (within reason. a titan can never function as a servant.)
Conditions of services: (any reason services might be revoked or changed?)
Conditions for the contract to be broken: (conditions for the soul to be released. this can even be 'until further notice' or 'Until the titan decides to' the death of the contracted person will not revoke the contract.)

Human
Name: (self explanatory)
Appearance: (detailed descriptions please)
Tattoo appearance and Location: (same here)
History and conditions of contract: (who are they, where are they from, where did they grow up, what shaped them, what did they do to get into the situation they're in?)
Other: (other important information such as abilities special items or anything else really)
Last edited by Zarhail on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:38 pm
Zarhail says...

Any questions? ask them here!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:56 pm
crossroads says...

I'm in ^^

The profiles will be sent to you.. eventually xD Soon c:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

862 Reviews

Reviews: 862
Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:21 am
View Likes
Morrigan says...

I've never done a storybook before, but this looks interesting. If you're willing to put up with a newbie, I'd like to join.
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

862 Reviews

Reviews: 862
Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:30 am
Morrigan says...

I do have a question: do the titans themselves control the soul in the contract?
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:47 am
Zarhail says...

@magpie: sometimes. They can, but they certainly won't all of the time. The do however ensure they stick to certain rules.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:48 am
Zarhail says...

also @magpie if you can write and don't mind me most likely nitpicking character details you'll be fine.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:00 am
Laure says...

Sounds good, I'm in. Just one question, have you made the DT?

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:17 am
Zarhail says...

@Laure yes I have, but this can be used as a DT as well, seeing as the actual RP will happen in a hidden group.

DT here: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=100672

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:26 am
Laure says...

Ok, I will get that character profile in ASAP.

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:36 am
Blackwood says...

It sounds interesting, but I'm still slightly confused at everything, maybe the explanation of what these human titan relationships are could be explained more clearly?

Also just curious but why is it 18+?
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:57 am
Zarhail says...

@Blackwood: because there will be violence and gore, sexual relations may or may not occur and there are no rules on swearing. It gives players more freedom and hopefully helps recruit people wanting to develop complex plots and will handle other people's characters well, since everyone has two partners and two characters at the very least (their human and someone else's titan)

The human titan relationship depends on titan and player, however titans can read their human's mind and control their body if need be. They can send the human messages or orders at any time they so desire. They will usually be employed as pawns and the humans may not agree with their titan. They may tr to get out of the deal, not to mention that meddling with titans may draw the attention of a certain part of the underworld. A person is a soul, but has a body, they have bargained for their souls...

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:01 am
Blackwood says...

I meant something more basic... you didn't really mention any deals or anything, who is making a deal with who for what? Is the titan become to serve the human or is the human serving the titan or is who getting what?
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:43 am
View Likes
Zarhail says...

@Blackwood
Then human asks the titan for something in exchange for their soul, which includes services.The human serves the titan for the duration of the contract.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:51 am
Alvarin says...

This seems very interesting, and my schedule is opening up, so I'm definitely in ^^
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11