z

Young Writers Society

Robot Wars

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:36 am
View Likes
GreenTulip says...

The world has been over ran by robots. The year- 3014. It has been exactly a thousand years since they invaded human lives- changing everything.

There is one small group of people who are opposed to the "Robos". This is of course the resistance. This small group of humans have one characteristic shared among themselves. By weird means- they all share a mutation of eye color. The color differs within four colors- Silver, Pink, Purple, and Red. On the back of their wrist is a small tattoo- it is how they identify themselves to each other when they mask their eye color.

This group of humans is at war with the Robots and their fellow humans who are dubbed as "Robo Lover". They fight till the death if it means that they one day end the rein of the Robots.

Their numbers of one 1 rebel to every three robots and 1 rebel to every five "Robo lovers". This war will decide which species gets wiped from existence. Which side do you join?

Ranks:
Spoiler! :
The Rebellion:
General: Wennill Hoskins (@GreenTulip)
Captain: Janika Rageors (@Aquestioning)
Lieutenant: Pru Hastings (@Craz)
Medic: Maddox Hunter Hastings (@Messenger)
Soldiers: (Maybe 15)
Aleka Simmons
Jackson Shrouf (@Noelle)
Lucy Dragneel

Spoiler! :
The Robot Federation:
General: Summer Cathellow ( @Fade)
Captain: Erin Juno Cherrywood (@Wolfare1)
Lieutenant: Roger Quasido (@Aquestioning)
Medic: Gregorio "Greg" Mexell (@GreenTulip)
Soldiers: (Many. Just name some to be put on the list)
Brandon English ( @GreenTulip)
Remy Grimes
Fridka Amazo

ROBOTS:
Spoiler! :
High General:
Lieutenant General:
High Lieutenant:
Captain:

Secretary of the First Division (Northern Region of the US):
Secretary of the Second Division (Western Region of the US):
Secretary of the Third Division (Southern Region of the US):
Secretary of the Fourth Division (Midwestern Region of the US):
Secretary of the Fifth Division (Eastern Region of the US):

Everyday Robots (Hold no rank with value):

Character Sheet:
Name:

Appearance:
Hair-
Eye Color (Before)-
Eye Color (After)-

Family:

Species-
Alliance-
Rank-

Optional: (History/Personality/Other)
Last edited by GreenTulip on Tue May 20, 2014 2:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:07 pm
Nica says...

I'll join! Just tell me what I gotta do :)
~Nica
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
-Galadriel, The Lord of the Rings

662 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 662
Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:14 pm
Messenger says...

i'll explain folks! sorry for posting here but i wanted to make sure you saw it

285 Reviews

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:05 am
GreenTulip says...

victorianbeauty wrote:I'll join! Just tell me what I gotta do :)

Head over to the DT...look over conversations. Read the description posted below and reserve your character!
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

285 Reviews

Thu May 15, 2014 1:09 am
View Likes
GreenTulip says...

Morning dawned over the mismatched buildings that composed the rebellion's camp. In the midst of one of the buildings, a secret meeting was already being held. This meeting was between the commanding officers and the head medic to discuss the plans for the week. They always planned for each week, so every foot soldier would know what to do and the duties they would have to perform. It kept everyone in line and on their toes.

(The official start)

662 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 662
Fri May 16, 2014 1:31 am
View Likes
Messenger says...

Maddox Hastings

Maddox scanned the road ahead of him. Dusty plains stretched for miles. A distant forest provided a background to the barren highway ahead and behind of him. The concrete was cracked and the white strips that divided the lanes were long since faded to a dirty brown.

Trees lined either side of empty road. A fine layer of reddish dust floated through the air, and Maddox began to tie a red bandana around his mouth. He pulled his backpack tight and wiped his forehead. The temperature had risen severely degrees since the morning, and the mid-afternoon sun beat down relentlessly.

The air smelled of staleness, and Maddox sighed. This was the same landscape he'd been seeing for the past three days. He wished that he had a truck or car, but those were only available to robots and higher Robo-Lovers. A "resistance fighter" didn't have a chance of getting a vehicle without stealing, and Maddox had no intention of attempting that with no help.

He began his slow jog down the road again, swinging the iron rod he kept as a weapon over his shoulder.

~~~

The low hum reached Maddox's ears before he turned around to see the machine. A robot! Maddox looked around for a place to hide. Something to the left side of the highway reflected sunlight. It had to be some kind of metal. Then out stepped a girl, about twenty, with the curliest blond hair Maddox had ever seen. She had vibrant pink eyes, and carried a heavy machine gun. And Maddox knew when he saw the bright eyes, that it was his longtime hated sister. Pru.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri May 16, 2014 11:01 pm
Fade says...

Summer

"Erin?" I knocked lightly on the Captains's door again. This time, it swung open, revealing a very distressed-looking woman. "General, hello," she said said wearily, straightening her back and saluting. "Erin, you know I don't like to be called that when we are alone." I walked into her room. It looked the same as it always had been. The walls were white, as was the floor, and there was a twin-sized bed, draped with gray sheets, in the corner. A desk of the lightest shade of brown was on the opposite side of the bed, paired with an also light brown chair. A white door in another corner led to the washroom.
"So, did you need something?" Erin asked me, motioning for me to sit on her bed as she placed herself into the desk chair. "Yes," I replied, "It's about those rebels. They've been growing stronger, defeating our robots faster than ever. And I think I know why." Erin raised an eyebrow. Continuing, I said, "If you noticed, the robots are completely metal and un-humanlike." Erin continued to stare. "So, i've decided to test my latest idea for the safety of our kind." I paused. Erin spoke.
"So, what's the plan?"

"We will make the robots look like the rebels. I call it the 'Chameleon' test."

"How do we do that?"

"We capture a rebel, bring them to the Lab, access their memories and personality so they don't act suspicious, and insert a chip into their head."

"And what does the chip do, exactly?"

"It gives us complete power over their thoughts and actions."

Erin's eyes widened. "So, your going to possess them?" I shrugged. "In a way. We just need to get our first test subject. That's why i'm here." Erin's eyebrows raised again. "To capture one?" I nodded, saying, "I'm going to be in the Lab with the Scientists. You and your men will go on a hunt for a rebel. Understood?" she nodded. I walked to the door, and as I stepped out, I said,
"Good luck. Don't fail me."
Sectumsempra!

~Gallifrey Survivor~

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sun May 18, 2014 12:15 am
View Likes
Craz says...

Pru Hastings

Everything was draped in stark, bleached colors. The leaves, which were always present no matter what season it was, rustled on the ground in clumps of pallid yellows and browns, their bodies withered and dehydrated. The sky was no longer the rich beautiful blue of full summer but the ailing color of a little boy's wall paint that had been exposed to the sun for years. The grass sounded like crumpled paper when the wind blew, and the sun was a blinding floodlight. The faces around Pru Hastings were no better; nothing more than swimming placid heads, their bodies gone under articulate camouflage.

Nerves were getting to Pru too. She was continuously glancing every which way, more than her duty commanded of her. She had good reason. Reports of a drone scout came to her early this morning, the third within two weeks. She was growing increasingly alarmed, not only because of the sudden increase of drones wandering in the Wilds but that she only had a few hours to gather a unit together to stop them from getting too close. She feared how much time she would have when another scout came.

They were looking for something, and she knew it.

In the distance, a soft hum, then a buzzing. She paused, and the unit behind her stopped moving. She cocked her head sideways and made a motion with her hand, and the unit scattered into the trees in a wide arc. Slowly, she placed her feet forward in a crouched position, pulling the impressive automatic off of her back.

The gun was a stunning animal. Smooth and dully black, its magazine curved outwards and its angry barrel jutted forward, a scrutinizing eye. Longer than an arm, it rested against Pru's collarbone in a down position, and two circles on opposite sides glowed a dull green. As soon as Pru fired, however, they would flare into a blazing white, engineered to soften the backfire to a bare push. Pru admired it for another brief moment before scanning the old and cracked road ahead of her.

A figure. A man. A man wearing a large backpack. Pru squinted, but the man's face was in shadow, as the sun was to his back. He was hunched over against the sweltering heat and seemed completely oblivious to the fact that the road was making the heat worse for him, and that a drone was steadily making its way towards his hobbling silhouette.

Is this a trick? She wondered. It had to be. The man was a distraction, an obstacle meant to throw them off while the drone opened fire, not caring if they hit their bait. It was a dirty, morally apathetic trick that she had witnessed them doing before. She could still remember the robot lover's glee at having pleased her oppressor.

Defiance vibrated in her throat as she raised the automatic into a proper firing position, holding it up to her eye and aiming. The drone was practically on top of the man now, and only now did he finally notice. Then, Pru pressed the trigger and rained bullets into the drone scout's polished side.

It veered slightly to the right and then two small barrels popped out of its bottom and it open fired onto the treeline Pru was hiding in. Rolling out into the open, she scarcely dodged the sweep of flying metal, and around her she heard her unit's firepower. It wasn't as impressive as it would have been if they had more time to organize, but it was a small drone, and smoke was already pumping out of its front. With a shiver, it started to swerve, a very good indication to get out of the way. Its jets and stabilizers buckled and it crashed into a crop of trees, demolishing it and itself. With a roar its gas tank caught flame and exploded in a huge display of fire.

Immediately her unit ran out of the treeline with their guns at the ready, heading towards the drone. It wasn't dead, not yet. Pru ran with them, but not towards the drone. The man was facing towards the burning twisted metal, his posture spread out as if he expected it to start firing again. The sun caught a lock of blonde hair, but the rest of him was still a shadow.

Pru approached him from behind, gun drawn. She could have nudged him with the barrel by the time he noticed her with the same delayed senses he had with the drone, and he swiveled around, shock and a mixture of other things jerking his limbs back. This time, the sun caught his face, and revealed that he was actually younger than her, but had the stocky jaw and the strong nose of a man. However it did not mask the little boy she saw underneath, the little boy that she would let follow her around and that would have nightmares after Gabriel was gone for good. Maybe he still had them. She hadn't seen him in six years.

"Maddox?" she squeaked. "What are you doing here?"
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

285 Reviews

Sun May 18, 2014 2:02 am
GreenTulip says...

As I have two characters.

Greg was sitting in his office at the cities headquarters. A 100O years ago his race had called this city- Nashville. Now it was City 034. Such a nonsense numbering system, he thought. Looking out his window he could see the nonending fields of metal and solar panels.

"Another boring day." He muttered to his assistant, a young girl of maybe 14 years. "Let's go see the general. See if anyone would be stupid enough to get themselves harmed."

The girl nodded. "Okay sir."

The youmnget adult rose to his feet, which were housed in the most basic of clothing, a thin white shoe that had a thicker sole. Perfect for the days he would spend moving around the hospital without a break. He wore scrubs- a non descriptive pairing of white and blue.

He remained at his computer sending an email to his general, "coming with Amabel. Coming for news. ~Doctor Greg."

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sat May 24, 2014 6:32 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Captain Erin Cherrywood
Erin shifted her attention towards a small computer on her desk. Different ideas flew through her mind, but she didn't believe any of them would work. She sighed and slumped back into her chair. The rebellion leaders were cunning, so this wasn't going to be an easy task.

First, I should locate their base of operation, she thought. She began to pull up maps, sifting through histories of old buildings in the area. Eventually, Erin's impatience got the better of her. Beside the computer was a small photo. It consisted of her father carrying a little girl, no older than one.

She slammed the photo down and pulled herself from the chair. Her thoughts were clouded, and hurtful memories that Erin had tried to subdue began to rise again. Deciding she needed a break, she left the small room to get some fresh air.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

Time is money, money is power, power is pizza, and pizza is knowledge!
— April, Parks & Rec