z

Young Writers Society

Walking Dead: Season One (fanfic(open))

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri May 09, 2014 4:43 pm
Ciblio says...

Oh! I mostly remember the first episode. I'll go look up what happened to refresh my memory, then write a post. I'll pm it to you after I've written it, @CesareBorgia.
And you probably should make a DT. Spam's terrible.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue May 13, 2014 5:16 pm
Ciblio says...

Spoiler! :
I'm not sure if this is too long, or too short, but I'm going to have something happen later on, that eventually leads to @icannothearthings and @Fade's characters teaming up with Tayla and her family. @CesareBorgia, just tell me if you want anything changed.

Tayla
Jason ran around the yard, laughing loudly as Kip, our loving Chihuahua, chased him. I couldn't help but smile. Two of my most favorite boys having fun made me happy.

Matt hadn't gotten home from work yet, which wasn't surprising. He told me his boss wanted him to stay later from now on to get more work done, since he was so behind because of his knee surgery.

"Jay, I'm gonna go make some PB&J, alright? Think you'll be okay for a few minutes, hon? I'll just be right in the kitchen." I called out to him, forcing him to look over at me.

He smiled really big, and nodded once, before going back to playing tag.

I got up from the porch, looked around, and went inside.

As I pulled out the Peanut Butter, the bread, Jelly, and a knife, I opened the blind to keep an eye on him.

Jason's 5th birthday was coming up, and I still had no idea what I was gonna do for it. I mean, he said he wanted the theme to be superheroes. Then he said he wanted it to be TMNT. But then he wanted SpongeBob!

I loved him, but sometimes he was just so difficult. But I guess that's what I get for messing around as a teen.

I glanced up, spotting him sitting on the ground, laughing as Kip licked his face.

In the distance, I could see a man walking up the road, but staggering. Maybe he was drunk? Kinda looked like it. The guy, wavered his head, then turned in the opposite direction. I watched until I couldn't see him anymore.

After the sandwiches were made, I cut them into fourths, got two glasses of milk, and went back outside.

"Baby, come up here! I got the snacks." I hollered to Jay, as I sat back down in my previous spot.

Jay and Kip came running up, panting. I laughed and moved over, making space for Jason to sit down next to me.

I took a bite from one, and looked at the tree in the yard across the street. "So, have you figured out what you wanna do for your birthday? Superheroes? The Turtles?"

He seemed to ponder on the thought, but the shrugged a bit. Jay took a drink from his cup, and looked at me. "Spiderman!"

"Daddy!" Jason pointed to a car coming down the road, and I stood up.

Something about Matt, though...he seemed like he was in a hurry.

He jumped out of the car, not even turning it off, and came running up to us. "Are you guys okay?"

He looked crazy.

I nodded slowly, and stared at him, confused.

"We have to leave. Right now. Like, right now. Please just trust me. Get some things, I don't care. Just hurry."

Quietly, I questioned him. "Matt, what's this about? It's like you're-"

He cut me off. "Please..please just trust me. We have to get out of this town, right now."

His eyes were urgent, as he whipped his head around, studying the roads.

I had no other choice but to believe him.

I took off into the house, up the stairs, pulled out a suit case, and threw some of my clothes, Matt's clothes, and Jason's clothes in. After doing so, I pulled our emergency money from under the dresser, my wallet, and shoved it all into the suit case, zipping it tight afterwards.

After I pulled it down the stairs, Matt hurried over to me, grabbed the bag, and hurried me out of the house.

I locked all of our locks, which was a lot, cause we were really big fans of safety, and jogged into the yard.

What was going on?

I picked Kip and Jason up, buckled Jace up, got in, and fastened my seat belt, then waited.

Matt shoved the huge suit case in the back, then climbed in, pulling out as soon as he sat down.

As we turned off of our street, we passed by a person who was kinda discolored. He seemed sick.

"Honey, what is going on? Please, you're making no sense!"

"Listen, Talya. Something's going on. Like an apocalypse or something. Remember our vacation? And that lady was saying, "It's coming"? Well, it's not coming anymore. It's here."

"Matthew, what are you talking about? You don't believe what she said, did you? She was just another senile person, looking for attention!"

"I didn't believe it. But now I do." He said simply, glancing over at me.

"Why?"

"Look around us. Haven't you seen any of them?" He asked, pointing to another person up ahead, whom was discolored.

"It's a person, Matthew! You're going crazy! Take us back home!"

"Talya, that is not a person." We slowly approached it, and Matt pointed at the person. Close up, I could see that it didn't even look like a person. More like a corpse. A walking corpse. "Is that a person? Huh?"

"What..what is that?" I asked, shocked.

"The dead, I'm assuming. I was at work, and there was screaming..so I went to the break room, and I saw my co-worker, Joseph, gnawing on someone's arm! Next thing I know, people are telling us to get out of the building. Get somewhere safe."

We drove on, heading out of town.

"Jason, buddy, are you okay?" Matt asked, looking through the rearview mirror.

Jace nodded, and smiled widely.

"So...Zombies?" I thought, but accidentally said aloud.

"Well...I guess so." Matt replied, then took my hand in his.

All of this was happening so fast. It didn't even make sense. But then again, it did. All the silence in the neighborhood, the people staggering around the streets. But there was one thing I didn't really understand...how did it start?
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11