z

Young Writers Society

Camp Crazy (re-do) (OPEN!!! STARTED)

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:55 am
winterbites says...

What is Camp Crazy? Well, Camp Crazy is obviously a camp. You have been sent here over winter break. (I don't know how long your winter break is but anyhow, it just part of le storybook.c:) You're sent here by your parents/guardians, because they don't want to put up with you over winter break or you begged them to go.

Where will the camp be held? Aka, Location. It’s a few cabins set out in the woods the biggest cabin, is where you will go to eat for each meal. The boys and girls are on opposite sides.

Leaders: Yes, there are leaders, but they don't really need characters, unless, you'd like to have one of them as your person. If you would like to have a leader, you can also have a choice of one of the teenagers, if you'd like. There will be two male leaders and two female leaders.. I can change the number if anyone else is interested.

Rules: Regular YWS rules, no god-modding, no graphic scenes. Try not to swear, if its said once, that is okay, or you could just be all like "He swore under his breath." I just don't want anyone offended. Urm, let me see. I think that's about it.

Other things: I haven't put a set amount of people I want so, I'm not too worried about that just yet. You're all welcome to join!

I just want to have a successful and fun Storybook. And please try to be active. I know some of us are all busy with school, I understand that. If this is happening, it would be great of you could just PM me.
I was also thinking, maybe, when (if) we finish this, it would make a cool story for me to write. Still early days, I dunno.

This is where the story posts will be put. I will make a Discussion Thread as soon as some one posts a profile.
Like I said up there, please try to be active. If you need anything else, just ask or PM me. c: Hope ya'll have some fun. Max of two paragraphs c: Some of us can't keep up. The first post can be longer if needed.

Spoiler! :
Characters
Female-Emma- Winterbites
Female-Eivanna Hernandez - SharraeWilson
Female-Andrea Hernandez -SharraeWilson
Female -- LittleSister
Female-- LittleSister
Female-- Swiftfurthewarrior
Male-- Lennon Gray- Liv
Male- Presley Gray- Liv
Male -Calum Gatlin - thelostone
Male--Kanome
Male--Kanome[/list]
Last edited by winterbites on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

35 Reviews

Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:55 pm
winterbites says...

Bump c:
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:39 pm
Liv says...

Can I reserve two male spots?

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:34 pm
ChimeraMania says...

I think you can I made two females so go for it. I know winterbites won't mind. We need more characters anyway.
SHUGGS = SWEET + HUGS (It makes since in my universe.)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:12 am
Editor says...

Reserving two girls.
ï' ø вøɾε

35 Reviews

Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:24 am
winterbites says...

Yes, reserve all the spots you need, just keep up with them.
c:

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:03 am
Kanome says...

I would like to reserve a male slot, plus, you should make a DT for this.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:22 pm
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

Reserving a girl. Thanks, Winter. :D
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

Reviews: 4
Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:23 pm
thelostone says...

Can I reserve a male spot please?
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

35 Reviews

Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:15 pm
winterbites says...

Camp Crazy (re-do) DT
Probably going to start soon-ish.
Go the le thread and we can talk about something we all want incorporated into the book, and your bright ideas.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:39 am
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

May I reserve a female spot?
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

35 Reviews

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:01 am
View Likes
winterbites says...

Emma May

I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. "You're really looking forward to this, aye?" My mother eyed me in the review mirror. I nodded eagerly. "Now, I want you to be safe. Make sure you wear sunscreen and long sleeves, so you don't get burnt. And, no boys!" I zoned out after she said no boy's.

"... Yeah, sure mum." I rolled my eyes with a smile. "I'm going to have so much fun." I beamed.

"Did you hear anything I said, Emma-May?” Mum laughed, "I want you to be safe. And-"

"Yes, mum! No boys!" I laughed cutting her off.

"I was going to say... Have fun. You really worked hard for this." I gave me a pleasing smile. "I love you."

"I love you too mum." I smile and lean forward to rub her shoulder. "It’s time to let go of your little girl." I added softly.

"You’re my baby...” She sighed, "Maybe it is time...” another sigh.

"Come on mum. Cheer up, we're almost there." I squeezed her shoulder lightly. I looked out the window at the lake. The water was as blue as ever, I smiled and pressed my forehead to the cool window. I'm going to be spending a lot of time here, making friends. But, what if people don't like me? I frowned and rested my head on my hand. "What if people think I'm weird, mum?"

"Aww, baby, sure they won’t! You're so nice." I could tell she was smiling, by her voice.

"Thanks Ma."

Mum stopped the car and opened her door. I follow. "Now, you remember everything I said?" She grasped my hands, I nodded.

"Yes mum. Now, I need to grab my bag...” I shook my hands out of her grip. I walked to the back of the car and lifted the boot up. My black holiday bag sat in the middle of the carpeted flooring, I reached in and grabbed it out. "Well, good bye mum." I say while hugging her tight, "I love you. And, I'll be safe. Promise."

"Love you too, sweetie." She let go and waved. "I love you." I said again as I went up to the door of the giant house. I looked left; where the house ended there wave vines weaving around, what would be a fence. I knocked on the big wooden door and waited.

I girl, no, a really pretty girl around my age, maybe older answered the door with a smile, "Hey!" I said. Her blonde hair fell down around her face and past her shoulders, "Welcome, come inside"

I walked in, it was so big and clean. There were a few other people in there, they were all happy faced. "Hey everyone!" the lady called, "This is..."*

"Hi, I'm Emma-May." I smiled.

I have a feeling... I'm going to like it here!

Spoiler! :
*can be anyones name.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:37 pm
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

Sari Valar

"Mom, do you really want me to go?" I'm sitting on the edge of my bed in my room.
"Sar, you need to get out more." She rolls her eyes. "It's just for the winter."
I sigh long and loud. "Oh, fine. If that's what you want."
"Great! It'll be fun, I promise." She turns out of the room and goes downstairs, calling up, "You have half an hour!"

Twenty-eight minutes later, I'm in the mini-van, watching the trees slowly go by, and the road fly past.
Mom looks cheerful, with her long blonde hair and brown eyes. Huge gold hoops dangle from her ears. "You know," She starts. "You didn't have to bring your keyboard."
"I want to. Besides, I might learn some songs."
She turns and smiles at me. "I know, dear. You are a wonderful player."
I spy the camp, a small group of wooden cabins in a little clearing near the beach. Mom turns here and stops in front of the biggest one.
I try to conceal it, but a huge grin sneaks on my face. "Know what else I brought?"
She looks at me questioningly. "What?"
I laugh, hand on the door handle. "My sword!" I burst out of the van and jog towards the cabin, leaving mom's mouth gaping, and watch as she backs out and drives away, shaking her head and muttering, "That kid."
I turn towards the cabin and head inside, taking a seat at the back if the room.
A tall, golden blonde female is in front, explaining some things about the camp.
Suddenly, someone comes through the door. "Hey everyone!" The lady at the front-a chaperone, perhaps?-calls. "This is..."
The newcomer smiles. "Hi, I'm Emma-May."
The 'chaperone' instructs us to go around the room and say our names. My turn comes too quickly.
I set down my keyboard case and stand awkwardly. "Hi, my name is Sari Valar, most people just call me Ria." I sit down and let out a silent sigh. Right, now how to survive for two weeks..
Last edited by Swiftfurthewarrior on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:41 am
View Likes
ChimeraMania says...

Eiva

"Oh mom I can't wait until I get there. I'm going have so much fun; it's going to be awesome with a capital sauce at the end." I say as I throw my bag and guitar bag over my shoulder while picking up my music-kit. (Which is nothing but a bag shaped like a briefcase.)

As I walk past mom out the door, who follows, I continue to talk about all the people I'll meet, friends I'll probably make, and all the music I'll write. I even wonder if they'll be other musicians there. That would be cool.

It's when I make it outside the door and see her that my mouth is open but no words escape.

"Hey loser! Would you mind hurrying it up, gosh you're slower than a baby sea turtle trying to make it home after a short journey. Dang could you be any slower."

I turn around and stare at mom, who's looking guilty.

"Surprise," she whispers with her hands raised like it's a birthday surprise. She clears her throat and puts her hands down. "Well I was trying to tell you before but you just kept going on and on and on about camp that I didn't get to tell you. So anyway, your sis...." She clears her throat again, knowing I don't like that word. That word could be the spawn of god and an angle I'd still hate it. Well maybe if I had a different one I wouldn't. "Andrea is going with you," she got out in a rush and closed the door before I could speak.

"Yeah you better be scared," I turn around with a fake smile on my face. "Alright then lets get this thang on the road. This is going to be great."

'Hopefully I didn't speak too soon.'

Andrea

'Well that little sister is an overstatement because I'm making sure camp is hell on wheels for you.' I smile at her as she gets in the car. Before she can put on her seat belt I drive off. Speeding off is more like it. 'What can I say, I got my driving skills from daddy; that's not the only habit either.'

"So tell me again why I have to go to this lame as camp that a nobody would go to."

"Because she's going and I need you to keep an eye on her. I don't want her making any friends, nor anybody boyfriend for that matter."

"Yeah like that would ever happen."

"You'd be surprised. She's like her mother strong-hearted, kind, loving, and unexpected; but she'll also crack like her mother. Her mother maybe have picked herself up but she'll crack again and so will Eivanna. Plus I know you can do it. You've already been trying; just try harder."

"Ugh fine, but can I at least take the Porsche."

"Yeah sure just don't mess it up and if you do blame it on her. Now go pack before she gets done."

'So here I am driving down this long ass road at 30 mph, taking wrong turns, getting behind slow cars just to make us late. I know it drives her crazy.' As I see the lake up ahead, I decide to make her cringle.

"This is going to be so fucking great."

Eiva

I cringle at the use of the f bomb. Curse words are so ugly.

I see the cabins and the lake. I even can see a small clearing off to the left with a couple of benches.

'Oh yeah I'm having fun here.' As soon as she stopped I hoped out of the car, almost running to the cabin marked girls, until.....

"Yo dumbass aren't you forgetting my bags?"

"Oh yeah, forgot you were staying."

"Um, I parked in a parking lot, where other cars are. What did you think was happening?"

I had half a mind to respond but I was too happy to get to the cabin, so I walked back to the car and got all the bags she obviously wasn't going to carry. 'Bet he helped her bring them to the car. She'd break a nail if she tried.'

Once we make it in the cabin, I see a girl just now about to take her seat in a circle.
'Oh she made me miss the sharing circle.'

A woman stands up and speaks nicely, "Why hello there, better late than never right? So would you two like to tell us who you are?"

I don't even know why I tried to speak; loud mouth would have just spoken over me.

"Yeah yeah yeah. I'm Andrea Hernandez and this is my assistant."

When she said that I made sure to drop all her bags. I think I heard something break. I look over at her and she looks half scared out of her mind.

"Oops sorry hope that wasn't valuable twin." Then I turn to the room. "No I'm not an assistant just a twin. Hey everyone my name's Eivanna Hernandez but please call me Eiva. So when do we figure out where our rooms are."

"Right now actually. I have a list and I'll call out names and room numbers."

"Great."

And cure the loud scream from the ever so dramatic Andrea.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Very high pitched might I add, everybody covered their ears but me. I grew deaf to it, literally. "You broke all five bottles of my shimmer and shine finger nail polish."

Then out of no where a guy by the door started laughing out loud.
SHUGGS = SWEET + HUGS (It makes since in my universe.)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:12 pm
View Likes
LordGreenleaf says...

Carter Johnson

The pretty girl with coffee color skin was quite simply the epitome of high school mean-girl.

I had been minding my own business at the door, waiting for my room number to be called out when I heard a high pitched "AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" coming from the girls direction. "You broke all five bottles of my shimmer and shine finger NAIL POLISH!" As soon as I heard that it tipped me over the edge. I'd had a stressful day and the mere sight of the girl fuming over broken nail polish sent me over the edge.

She looked over at me with cold eyes that narrowed as she took in my grin.

"You think that's funny do you?" She said coldly, flipping her dark brown hair.

"Just a smidge." I said, grinning. "I'm Carter, by the way." She paused for a moment and then replied.

"I'm Andrea." She said, already turning to face the other girl.

"Pleasure to be in your presence." I mock saluted.

Suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulder and I spun around.
Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. - Jim Carey

*Sad football bagpipes*
— DougalOfBiscuits