Hybrids (Started/Accepting)

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:25 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

HYBRID

Plot

You are a lab experiment and nothing more. You wish for nothing more than to have an average human life, but it's far too late for that.

The story starts with all Hybrids in the group home. You live fairly comfortable if you can ignore the experiments. Your transformations are controlled by your emotions, mainly your anger. Except you don't realize the entire point of your existence. You have always been told that this is a science experiment gone wrong and you are too dangerous to live in the real world. The scientists are working to help you so that eventually you can live as a normal human being. This is a lie. You are being poked and prodded until you are the war tool. A force to be reckoned with and nothing but death can stop you.

It's a constant battle between your humanity and wild, aggressive animal nature. This place isn't big enough to spend it with other hybrids and slowly you start to notice something is not right.

It's time to escape. It's your choice on what to do. Stay where you think you belong, where you only worry about when the next experiment is...or plot to escape.

You can either take a character as a scientist, guard, or Hybrid.

Characters:

Spoiler! :
Grace Ivy Server - Eagle/Hybrid - Female
Devon Noel - Snow Leopard/Hybrid - Male
Drellis Montresor - Cobra/Hybrid - Male
Alex Dean - Wolf/Hybrid - Male
Arden Thomas - Lion Hybrid - Female
Kylene Mabel Diger - Black Panther/Hybrid - Female
Levi Gray Hudson - Polar Bear/Hybrid - Male
Kata Pretine - Porcupine/Hybrid - Female

Elise Hannah Thibac - Scientist - Female
Sebastian Granados - Scientist - Male

Character Template:

Code: Select all
[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]DNA spliced with:[/b] (Only for Hybrids)

[b]Personality:[/b] 

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Strengths:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Up for love:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]
Last edited by WhiteTiger93 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

54 Reviews

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:34 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Grace Ivy Server - Laboratory

"Gracie, Gracie," Sebastian clicked his tongue, almost as if he were disappointed in her. "Only 37 second airborne. You have so much potential and you are wasting it."

"I'm trying," Grace said, looking at the ground. "I don't know what is going on, but my bone density keeps fluctuating and I can't hold myself in the air. I can't make it stop."

Bas always made her feel like a child when he observed her transformations. Grace knew she was the worst when it came to transformations. It was almost as if her body rejected her eagle side. Almost as if Grace was torn into two different people, one who wanted to be normal and live as a teenager should, and then there was the other, wild side of her she tried so desperately to hide. The side that wanted to be alone in the wide open sky and free from this prison. She, of course, never told Bas about her torn internal feelings. She knew how he would respond to it anyway and she could deal without the degrading and superior look he would give her as well.

"Are we done here?" Grace asked, watching Sebastian scribble furiously in his notebook.

"Hm, yes, yes," he responded never looking up. "Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Grace walked back up to her room, her talons slowing forming back into hands and long fingers. Two guards flanked her on the way up. It was almost funny to her how no matter where they went the guards always followed, always watching them.

One of them unlocked the door to her room. It would also be accurate to call it a cell, she supposed. The door locked from the outside and not from the inside, unlike most rooms would. It was meant to keep something captive on the inside, not prevent people from entering.

Grace sighed deeply, entering her room. It's not like she would leave anyway, even if she did feel like a prisoner. She was not normal. She was different and if anyone on the outside found out about her, they would kill her without hesitation. Even worse than that...she could kill someone herself without even meaning to.

Grace shuddered as the guard closed the door to her room. He didn't lock it and she wondered why until he grumbled for her to hurry up.

"For what? I thought my testing was done," Gracie called outside the door.

"It is. You are going to the gym with the other Hybrids downstairs for exercise and social interaction. You are already five minutes late."

Grace almost laughed. The guards always kept the conversation short and sweet with no opening to continue speaking to them. Almost everyone here, with the exception of a few scientists, were scared of them.

Grace changed and walked back down to the gym, just past the laboratory. She walked in to see most everyone already involved in conversation, or transforming excited to stretch out their cramped muscles.

She went to an empty corner of the gym, as she always did. She never talked to anyone and everyone pretty much stayed away from her. It was funny, even though they were all outcasts, which is why they were here, she was still the weird one of the outcasts. The outcast of the outcasts. She laughed to herself and watched the others running around.

Hybrids. The word burned in her mind. That is what they were and it is all they ever would be. They were dangerous and no matter how desperately she wanted to be free, she never could.

Nothing else could describe her or any one else in the building but that one word.

Hybrid.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:39 am
Evander says...

Kylene was perched on her black desk, black hair in a pony tail. She was waiting for Elie to feed her.

She heard the familiar sound of the door opening and closing, only Elie wasn't there; it was a guard, young with brown hair. But she didn't pay attention to his face, she only payed attention to his hands.

The only problem with his hands was that he didn't have a food tray. "Where is the food?" she asked, cocking her head to the side.

"No food yet, you have to go with the other freaks," He spat here at the word freaks. "to socialize and whatever you like to do. Also get off the desk, what are you, a cat?" He asked.

Ky frowned, freak was a bad word, and she was hungry. "I want food! And freak is a bad word mister!" She paused, "and a matter of fact I am cat!"

"I don't care, get off the desk, and go downstairs. Now!" This got Ky angry.

Ky's back arched, fur creeping up her neck, making her scream.

"Stop, stop. Don't make me inject you!" That was the last that Ky heard before she was shot by a tranquilizer gun.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:31 am
Robusto says...

Drellis sat on the small cushion the counselor had placed on the floor, his eyes closed. Some classical music played in the background, creating a somewhat relaxing atmosphere.
"Now Drellis, I want you to picture a house. It doesn't matter what color, or the material. Just make it seem comfortable to you."
Drellis tried, his body unnaturally still. He pictured a suburban house, like one of the ones he had seen in a book. He threw a tree out in the front yard to make it more real.
"Do you have your house?" The counselor asked.
"Yes." He answered, his "s" slightly longer than a normal persons.
"Now, what is it that you want to do at this house?"
"Actually, I think I see a mouse hiding under the tree's roots." Drellis answered.
"I'm sorry. What tree?"
"There's a tree in the yard." Drellis answered, opening his eyes.
"Very creative, but we're not focusing on the tree. We're focusing on the house."
"Right, sorry." He responded grudgingly, closing his eyes and removing the tree.
"Now, what would you like to do at this house?"
"I want to go inside." Drellis answered, not wanting that at all.
"Good Now, picture the inside of the house. What do you see?"
Drellis thought about it. The houses had a bunch of rooms, while he had only ever had one. If he could fill rooms up with anything, it would be books. As he imagined himself stepping through the door, the living room just inside filled up with shelves of books. Some had titles he had read, while others were just generic books without a title.
"There's a pretty nice library." Drellis finally responded.
"Good. Why don't you pick out a book?" The counselor suggested.
"Ok." Drellis said. He reached out his hand, but instead of the green scaled hand he was used to, he saw some strange pale appendage. The next thing he knew, Drellis had completely shrunk, his arms vanishing as he reverted to snake. Drellis snapped his eyes open, the vision feeling too real for him. The counselor still sat in his chair, jotting down notes on his clipboard.
"What did you see?" The counselor asked, not even looking up.
"My arm was all weird like yours, and then it was gone."
"Yes, just like last time. Perhaps, and this is just my opinion, you don't want to shift entirely human." The counselor stated.
"You've got that right." Drellis said, placing his snakelike head into his scaled hands.
"And how do you expect to merge with society when you are finally released if you don't look human?"
"And when is this mythical event of release supposed to even happen?" Drellis snapped back.
"When you learn to control your animal self."
"Well, all the others have control over their animal halves, and I don't see any of them getting released."
The counselor sat quiet and still at this.
"This session is now over. I have other Subjec... patients waiting on me. You may go back to your..."
"Cell?" Drellis asked.
"I was going to say room. It only conforms to the definition of cell at curfew and if you break any rules. Perhaps you should continue your practice in the training room. If we only do this here, you'll never get better."
"I don't think being human will make me better?" Was all Drellis said as he walked out of the room. He would go to the training area, but not to practice his transformation. He knew their was a mouse living in one of the weight sets, and he could definitely go for a snack.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:16 am
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Arden

I sat on the gym floor staring out into the crowd. Everyone besides me and few other loners were socializing and just overall enjoying themselves. I tried to ignore it all but somehow, I just got pushed straight into the mouth of it. I approached a tall boy around my age leaning against the wall on the opposite side of the room.

"Hi," I smiled shyly at his pale figure.

"Uhm, hey." He replied pulling his jacket sleeves over his hands.

"I, uh, I'm Arden." I said trying not to sound like a complete idiot.

"Levi," He replied giving me a weak smile.

I nodded and leaned against the wall next to him, his tall figure towering over my small one. I sighed and crossed my arms across my chest pulling at my grey tank top. He was focusing at trying to blow his floppy bangs out of his eyes without using his hands.

"Its dumb really," I started looking up to see his face, "That the scientist's want us to try to be social when they lock us up all day. Like what are they trying to give."

"I guess they're trying to get us used to normal society." Levi replied looking down at me with cold blue eyes.

I nodded in agreement and we went silent again. I looked down at my vans and back up at the muttering crowd trying to pick out what forms they have. First I found a small girl with black hair and a soft pounce in her walk. Cat. Then a taller man with long grey eyes poking out of his red hoodie jacket. Rabbit. I kept going at it till I noticed Levi studying me.

"Oh uhm," I started looking at my feet again, "I was just picking out what morphs people are."

"Can I try?" Levi replied shoving his hands into his coat pocket.

I nodded and watched him as he scanned the crowd.

"See that blonde kid?"

I nodded.

"Snake. His eyes are stilted and I can smell rat from here."

I smiled and continued the game. Wow, finally, my first friend.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

54 Reviews

Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:20 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Grace Ivy Server - Eagle/Hybrid - Gym

Grace really tried to stay in her corner and keep to herself, but she just couldn't fight the itch under her skin. The itch that screamed for her to transform and fly in the sky to freedom. She sighed as her fingernails turned into talons and her feathery hair spread across her body. She felt almost weightless as her bone density adjusted and her muscular arms started changing into wings.

Her favorite part about the transformations, if one could really be happy about being a hybrid, really, was the weightlessness that filled her body. She knew it was that her body was preparing for flight, but it almost made her feel invincible.

Grace moved her arms, now turned wings, up and down. She smiled happily. This was who she was, and no matter how much it hurt, this was the only time she felt normal. She was beautiful, almost regal, in this form and her normally awkward body that always seemed to weigh her down, moved with grace and elegance.

Her body lifted from the ground and the air underneath her helped her to glide above the rest of the hybrids. She stretched her wings out grateful that the air was warm enough and she didn't have to flap her wings too hard to keep from falling. A couple hybrids were fighting, a show of dominance to determine who would be the alpha. It was a little ironic to her that she felt more human in her animal form. For the other hybrids, it was the complete opposite. Something about being in the air made her feel more alive and helped her brain to comprehend things that just didn't seem to make sense on the solid ground.

She felt herself slipping down and flapped her wings harder to keep afloat. It was too soon, she wanted to stay in the air where she belonged. The feathers started turning and growing back into her skull. Grace couldn't give up now though, this was the longest she had ever stayed in the air before.

"No, no, no," she whispered. The floor was coming up and she was losing altitude very quickly. It was also too late to realize she was going to crash, regardless of how stubborn she was.

Her body smashed into the solid, unforgiving ground, doing a somersault with the force of her landing. She groaned, her entire body hurting. She heard the laughter from the guards and quite a few of the hybrids.

Tears prickled in her eyes and her cheeks burned red. She turned her head quickly. She wouldn't give them the satisfaction of seeing how embarrassed and hurt she was. She expected laughter from the guards, but regardless of their differences, she had always thought the hybrids would stick together. They were bonded by their abnormalities, right? She supposed it was a false hope.

"Still having troubles with staying in the air, fly-girl?" a voice chuckled. It was a hybrid that she had seen from somewhere, but she keep her eyes trained on a speck of dust on the floor.

"Guess so," she responded, not looking up. She didn't want to see a smug look or a show of dominance. She would let this hybrid know she wasn't interested in a fight by avoiding eye contact.

Maybe she was wrong. These kids were nothing but mean and selfish. Nothing could ever bond them together.

A tiny thought prickled at the back of her mind. She couldn't shove it away fast enough.No matter what happens here we will always be trapped. Unless we work together we will never get out of this place.

Grace tried to ignore the thought, but it always came back. She didn't trust the scared scientists or the hateful guards. One day, and she had a feeling it would come soon, this place wouldn't be safe for them. For many it was the only home they had ever known, but one day they would have to leave.

One day, the experiments would be over and that might be the same day their lives ended as well.

24 Reviews

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:40 am
Robusto says...

Drellis
"Social" room/ gym

Drellis sat next to the weight set with his legs crossed, much like he had in the counselor's office. He was focusing on trying to shift completely to either human or animal, and was failing. According to the counselor, it only happened whenever he fell asleep. Drellis wasn't trying to master his shape shifting to appease the counselor though. It was quite clear that the only way he would ever get out of here is if he could get control of it. Once again, he closed his eyes and imagined all the features a normal human had. But just like all the other times, he felt the snake part of him react violently to this, and then their was an imaginary fight between the two, leaving Drellis mentally tired. He opened his eyes, tired of trying. He wondered why none of the others had the same difficulty as he did with their forms. He looked around the group, trying to see just what made them so different. Some were having minor fights, while others were practicing their transformations. He saw one girl seemingly effortlessly transform into a bird and take flight. Why couldn't he have that sort of control? Drellis's hand suddenly shot out, grabbing onto a small rodent that had peeked its body out of the crevice in one of the weight machines. He lifted it up and was about to give it a quick injection of venom when he heard laughter coming from all around him. Even the normally resolute guards were joining in on it. Drellis looked around and saw that they were laughing at the bird girl he had seen earlier. She had crashed onto the ground midflight, shifting back to human. Drellis saw only a few that weren't laughing, angering him. Despite their shared prison, the other hybrids were ready to pounce (pun intended) on even the slightest show of weakness. Drellis saw one of the hybrids walk up behind her as she lay there and said something to her. Drellis sighed and dropped the mouse, which scurried back into it's little nook. Drellis walked over to the hybrid and laid a hand on his shoulder. He turned around, fist already up for a punch, but then he saw who had touched him. Drellis was used to the reaction. Between being able to stand like a human but having a snakelike face, he looked like something out of a horror movie. The hybrid quickly backed off, more out of shock than voluntary action. Drellis looked down at the girl hybrid that fell.
"You ok." He asked, his messed up half snake half human vocal cords making his voice sound a little more menacing than he meant. The girl didn't say anything, and Drellis could easily see that several tears had already fallen onto the floor.
"Here." He said extending a scaled hand. The girl turned to see what Drellis was talking about, and was a bit taken back by who she saw. But it wasn't the "what are you?" reaction Drellis was used to, but more along the lines of "I didn't expect you to help". The girl grabbed his hand, and he helped her up. Drellis just turned and walked back to his original spot by the weights, not even staying for a thank you. Drellis sat back down, his spot slightly warm from earlier. He didn't know what compelled him to be that nice, but as usual he blamed his soft human half. It was funny just how different the animal part of him and the human part were. The snake was a ruthless, cold blooded killer while the human was soft, kind, and other traits viewed as weak. If being human meant being weak, he would be quite happy staying the way he was, a good balance between the two. Who cared if they didn't release him voluntarily. They couldn't keep him locked up forever, and he had been contemplating escape for some time. He looked over to the small crevice of the weight machine, but the mouse was gone. Oh well, at least he knew where it lived. Drellis looked up to the digital clock and saw that there were still 30 minutes in social hour. Drellis let his entire body slow down to an almost death like state, and began meditating. He pictured himself living in that house he had imagined earlier, still in his mutant form, reading a book, with no one watching.

Surveillance room
The counselor

The counselor watched the scene with interest. Drellis, the one he had written off as being "unsocial" had actually interacted with another hybrid. Perhaps these sessions were doing some good after all. Of course, it was too early to make assumptions. Perhaps he would... arrange similar situations in the future and see how Drellis reacted to them. Perhaps it was time to begin training Drellis and some of the other Hybrids in combat. Of course, Drellis wasn't the only one that Dr. Granados showed interest in. Their were others that were considered "special", for both physiological and psychological reasons. And it was the counselors job to assess these strengths, and to find their weaknesses should they get out of control.

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:35 am
elysian says...

Fawn - Gym

So many other people, and none of them have been here as long as me. I was here since I was an egg. My parents were donors. Never knew them, never will. I was the only one, because it took longer to nurture an egg than having a baby already born.

We don't talk much here. But when we do, we don't talk much about our pasts. But that doesn't mean that I don't realize every single day that everyone else knew their parents- even if they can't remember as well- and I never did. It's like I'm swiss cheese, a bunch of holes of my past not filled.

But life goes on. I mean, as well as it can for a bunch of freaks. My way of getting through it is exercize. Everyone co-ops in different ways. But I can beat some guys at arm wrestling. I'm very strong.

"It's time for social interaction time, Miss Fawn." The guard came up to me as my wings grew outword. I'm different from most of the Hybrids, because I don't change fully into a hawk. My wings are huge, and beautiful, but I don't have talons or bird eyes or feathers instead of skin on my legs and arms. Other than my wings, I'm perfectly human. That is, except for my instincts.

It's like a voice in my head. Like I'm split into two. It's a battle everyday. I just want to fly and kill and be free all the time. It makes my head hurt.

I nod towards my scientist and then followed the guard to my room to change. I didn't feel like wearing my special suit designed to make me fly faster to the gym.

I pulled on a white T-shirt and some ripped up jeans, put some shoes on and walked out my room. I didn't know if I was going to talk to anyone or not. But decided I should try and look presentable.

When I walked into the gym, I noticed that there was a few people that were keeping to themselves, some people working out, and some people awkwardly murmering.

Two people leaned against the wall, and I decided they looked the least awkward. I walked over to them.

"Um, Hello." I smiled awkwardly. "I don't want to interupt but, I just didn't want to be standing awkwardly in a corner by myself."

"Hey." Said the girl. She was blonde, and she had pretty blue eyes. "I'm Arden." She smiled.

"I'm Fawn." I told them. The boy remained quiet, until Arden intoduced him as Levi.

"Nice to meet you Arden and Levi! Are you two together?" I wondered.

"Um...no. We just met." Arden looked uncomfortable.

"Ok. What are you guys doing?" I leaned on the wall beside Arden.

"Trying to decide what the morphs are." She studied me for a second. "What are you? You look completly human..." Her head cocked to the side.

"She's a bird. I can smell it." Levi's rough voice made me shiver.

"Right. I'm a White Hawk." I stepped back and closed my eyes. I let my wings expand, and they were gorgeous.

"Wow. Those are some impressive wings." Arden nodded her head in approval. I brought my wings back in, and walked over to her again.

"Thanks! What are you guys?" I ask. I couldn't quite place Levi's morph. But I could guess at Arden's.

"I'm a lion." She almost purred. I was going to say tiger, but close enough.

"Levi?" I look around Arden towards him.

"Polar Bear." He answered.

I smiled. This is the start of a wonderful friendship.
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:07 am
ToBeMe says...

Levi - Laboratory

"We've been through this before, Levi!" The scientist scowled in annoyance, "You CAN do better than this!"

The boy in question barely glanced up as the man vented his frustration on the clipboard in his hands. He'd learnt when he'd first come here better than to respond to the scientists jibes.

I. Will. Not. Change.

Clenching his fists until the claws pierced his skin and he bled, Levi focused on zoning the old man out. He refused to give him the satisfaction of transforming right now-
But he could feel it. Beneath his skin.

The strength. The claws. The cold.

The part of him that was the polar bear.

It would be so easy to do what they wanted. To break away from this humanity he'd kept up for so long... to break out-

All of a sudden his thoughts dashed over to a memory his brother Danni. Their life on the streets. And his mother before everything changed...

Calm, Levi. Don't let them get the best of you.
It worked. He regained a sense of control he did not know he had lost.

Pushing away the transformation, Levi straightened up and opened his eyes to glare back at the hopeful eyes of the scientist.
He shook his head, "I've got nothing."

A pause.

"Are we done here now?"
The scientist scowled at him again, but his shoulders slumped a little in defeat, "Alright. We’ll take a break for today. You may go.”
Levi stood to leave, barely getting to the door before the guards appeared to escort him back to his cell.

As he left the scientist called after him, “I'm disappointed. You can do better than this Levi. You know you can. The longer that you hold back like this, the longer it will take you to get better.”

Levi smirked- an act he'd perfected living on the streets. “Better. Yeah. Sure.”
Levi shook his head thoughtfully as he walked. He had his doubts about the scientists plan for him- and the other hybrids too. He somehow doubted that they'd really go to all the trouble doing these experiments on them just to let them go again...
He walked out of the laboratory intent on going back to his cell to get some rest but one of the guards stopped him.

"Oh no. you're not going back to your... room just yet. Uh. We've received orders to escort you to the gym. All of your other little... friends are already there."
Levi turned to stare in the direction of the gym. So it was that time of the week, huh? Forced socialisation.

He must have stopped to long because one of the guards poked hard with a gun and growled, "Move it, hybrid. We have a tight schedule to follow."

Levi threw the man a glare that had him stumbling back a step but quickly shrugged and began walking towards the gym before one of them could start something. Last time he'd argued with the guards he'd ended up in isolation. He wasn't looking to go back there just yet...

Walking into the gym there was a sudden outburst of noise. Hybrids were strewn all over the room. Talking. Fighting. Some were even attempting to train while a couple of brave scientists scurried around taking notes.

Levi sighed. He'd never been one for this weekly socialisation. He didn't really often have much to say to the others. And he'd rather avoid the fights, not that he couldn't hold his own if he had to.

Quietly walking away from the doorway- and the impatient guards- Levi found a relatively quiet place by the left wall to watch the others from a distance.
He probably would've stayed like that the entire time when a girl with blonde hair approached him. He straightened up as she introduced herself and self-consciously stuck his hands- claws in the pocket of his jacket.

Why couldn't the claws just disappear with the rest of his transformation?

He introduced himself awkwardly and leaned back against the wall. This was the bad thing about never socialising with the others. He. Did. Not. Know. What. To. Say.
They talked for a little while about the scientists and socialising before they lapsed into silence again. Levi found himself thinking about the last time he'd actually tried talking to someone like this and came up blank. Most of the others just avoided him like he did them...

He didn't mind the company though. It was actually sorta nice. The girl- Arden, he reminded himself- muttered something under her breath. "Cat. Hmm, rabbit."
He glanced at her and then around the room, quickly spotting a few hybrids of that description.

"Can I try?" He asked casually, glancing back at Arden. She nodded and he offered up a clumsy smile as he looked around.

"See that blonde kid?" He paused, "Snake. His eyes are stilted and I can smell rat from here."

He smiled again as another hybrid approached them. A girl with a graceful stride to her walk.

Two people actually want to talk to you... in one day? Wow, Levi you're on a role today.

"Um, Hello." She says awkwardly and he leans against the wall, sort of enjoying the fact he doesn't seem to be the only socially-awkward one here.

Arden smiles and introduces herself and the girl says her own name. Levi doesn't realise that he's the only one who hasn't been introduced until Arden looks at him and says loudly, "And this is Levi."

His head snaps up and he smiles lopsidedly. 'Uh, hi."
"Nice to meet you Arden and Levi! Are you two together?"
"Oh, um no." Levi stutters awkwardly.
"We just met." Arden adds uncomfortably.

"Oh. So what are you guys doing?" The newcomer asks.
Arden begins to explain the game- Or sort of game- before turns to glance at Fawn. Wondering what sort of hybrid she is no doubt. Levi smiles, cocking his head towards her. Usually he can tell what animal that they are just using his sense of smell.

"What are you? You look completely human..." Arden notes and Levi smiles.

"She's a bird. I can smell it."
The girl nods unsurely, "Right. I'm a White Hawk."
She closes her eyes and begins to transform... Or well part of her does. The wings.
Levi's eyes widen at their brilliance before she morphs back to human.

Sure wish I could do that with my claws...

"So... What are you guys?" Fawn asks and Levi looks up. He hadn't really thought about what Arden was. From what he could tell... some sort of cat?

"I'm a lion." She purrs and he nods. It fits. It definitely fits.

"Levi?" They both glance at him.
"Oh... Polar Bear." He says, pulling a hand from his pocket and self-consciously showing them the claws before he hides them back in his coat again.

They'll all silent for a second before Levi forces himself to break it and asks, "So... how'd did you guys get stuck here?"

Spoiler! :
Hey! Sorry it took me so long to post! I sort of didn't have any access to internet for the last couple of days. I'm back now though! And I'm also sorry this is a bit long... just trying to catch up on everything! Am also very happy. Levi has friends. Yay. :P
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

24 Reviews

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:40 pm
Robusto says...

Counselor's Report
Subject: Hybrid personality conflict.
Project: "Hybrid"
To: Dr. Sebastian Granados
I'm running out of options with Drellis. While his mixed state does possibly make him more lethal than the average human, his insistance on not attempting to go fully human or animal is a hinderence on his effectiveness in the field. Who would look twice at a normal looking human, but his current form would attract too much attention. While not yet proven, I believe this mixed state is caused by the contrasting personalities of himself and the animal who's DNA was injected into him. He doesn't want to kill, but the animal does. The animal wants free, but Drellis realizes that can't happen. I will attempt to synthesize some medicine that should help him seperate these differing personalities. The only time he goes fully animal or human is when he sleeps, so thats a clue as to where to start. It would seem that this is also the case with other Hybrid's, though not as extreme as Drellis. Some can't rid themselves of certain animal characteristics such as claws, wings, and slitted eyes due to psychological conflict with their animals, though i'm not yet certain if even they understand why this is. It's too late to change them though. We will have to make do with what we have. Would recomend combat training start soon.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:45 pm
Ibounce says...

Kata-Laboratory

Kata was near the end of the session and the end of her patience, and the end of her control. This session had been particularly hard to endure, as Kata was woken from a well-needed nap and had sequentially missed supper. Subconsciously, Kata growled. Her eyes turned dull black and her skin tingled as small quills poked through.

I knew from the look in his eyes that I was transforming. I couldn't help it. I was never good at hiding my "hybrid" form, and one can only take so many hours of insensitive jabbering from a prison guard.

"Now Kata, don't stop now. You were doing so well!" the man in the lab coat encouraged.

Ugh. That voice. Far to peppy for a nocturnal person in mid-afternoon. I plastered a smile on my face and took a deep breath. Four minutes until I am released. My quills shrunk and my hair thinned.

"Very good, Kata! I think we've made progress. You may go to social time."

Kata was escorted down the hallway to the gym. As soon as she was inside she transformed and hid amongst some stacked mats, away from light and prying eyes.

54 Reviews

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:01 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Grace - Eagle/Hybrid - Gym

"Hey! Wait!" Grace called after the snake kid who helped her up.

He was either in deep meditation or he was ignoring her. She hovered over him awkwardly. She reached out her hand, as if to tap him on the shoulder, and slowly drew it back. She wasn't entirely sure what to say or do to get his attention. She really wanted to push him for helping her back there and leaving so suddenly she thought she imagined it, but she wouldn't do anything so mean to the only kind person she had met here. Grace also had this thing about being...touched. Maybe it came from all the science experiments, but she hated it when other people invaded her personal area. It made her skin crawl. She wouldn't do that to someone else.

"Uhm, excuse me?" She asked again. "I don't even know your name."

Not only did he not respond to her, his ears didn't even quiver. It was like he was completely deaf to the world. Grace sighed a little but stood for another couple seconds. Maybe she should just come back...or not. She was probably best to stick to her little corner of the world where she belonged.

"What?" he asked, right as she turned on her heel to leave. "Is there something you need?"

His eyes were still closed, but Grace had a feeling he could sense her and knew exactly where she was. He also held out the "s" sound just a little too long. Grace smiled faintly.

"Well, I really just wanted to thank you," she responded, quietly.

His only response was to open his eyes slowly and stare at her. It was as if he was silently asking her if that was the only reason she had come over here and disturbed him. Grace blushed.

"Really, I-I didn't mean to, well, uhm, wake y-you or anything," she stammered, nervously. "It's just t-that, well, I-I wanted t-to thank y-you. Not so many p-people are that kind. I mean, uhm, I k-kind of just s-stick to myself, you see? I don't really h-have any friends here because I-I have so much t-trouble with my transformations. Even D-Dr. Bas thinks that I'm a hopeless cause, you know?"

Grace blushed, fiercely. This was another one of the reason no one talked to her. She knew she was a smart girl, she just couldn't get the words out without sounding like a weirdo.

"Oh God, I'm ranting again," she said, putting her face in her hands. "I'm sorry, really. My name is Grace, by the way. I j-just wanted to introduce myself a-and say thanks."

"Alright guys!" One of the guards yelled, across the gym. "2 minutes and you all go back to your rooms! So hurry up!"

Sebastian - Scientist - Laboratory

"Interesting," Bas said, mostly to himself.

"You know?" Elise responded, casually. "I really wish you would stop mumbling out loud and just tell us whatever it is you want to talk about."

Bas narrowed his eyes at the TV screen that was currently monitoring Drellis and Grace. He barely even noticed Elise at all. She was always getting irritated at something, anyway.

"Just look, Elise, and you will understand," he replied, vaguely. She sighed and got up from her chair, looking at the screen from over his shoulder.

"Yeah...Still don't get it. It's a couple hybrids talking...or whatever it is they do. Stop being so serious all the time, Bas," she laughed. "I'm going to get a bite to eat, do you want to come?"

"Hm? No, I'm fine," he mumbled.

He didn't even notice her roll her eyes at him. "Fine, I'll grab you something before you starve yourself." The door slammed shut behind her but Bas didn't move from his seat.

He scribbled furiously in his notebook. It was fascinating, honestly, that so many of the hybrids were interacting. What was more interesting was the fact that Drellis had actually involved himself in an act of kindness...an act of humanity. Maybe he was wrong about Drellis, maybe he was more human than he initially thought.

What really interested him though, was the fact that quiet little Gracie had actually went over to speak with him. She was a loner, who stuck to herself. Very submissive and not interesting in the least. Or at least interesting to the other Hybrids since she was no threat to becoming the Alpha or leader. She so rarely ever said anything and her transformations were so chaotic he had the least amount of information on her. Yet she actually spoke to another hybrid! Maybe his luck was changing.

Sebastian didn't know exactly what to make of the nature of these hybrids, but he did know one thing...they were far more intelligent than he ever knew. Sometimes he thought they were human, but his bosses soon drilled that out of his head. While he might run things around here, he wanted more...he wanted to run this project from beyond these walls. Regardless of what he thought of these Hybrids, he would follow his orders to get what he wanted.

However, they were simply only a very intricate puzzle...a puzzle he would solve very soon.

24 Reviews

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:13 am
Robusto says...

Drellis
Social Room/ Gym

"Alright guys!" One of the guards yelled, across the gym. "2 minutes and you all go back to your rooms! So hurry up!"

Drellis began to stand up, the Hybrid still standing in front of him. She shifted on her feet uncomfortably, looking like she had more to say but couldn't remember.

"So... uhhhh... thanks. Again. For, you know... h-helping me."

Drellis stood their, feeling just as awkward as she looked. Thankfully, his snake face did a good job of making him hard to read.

"Your welcome." He answered, turning to walk towards the door all the other Hybrids were walking towards. As the two walked towards the door, Drellis turned to his companion.

"Not many Hybrids would swallow their pride and give thanks. Glad to see you're not one of them."

"Oh, well, thanks. Your nice to."

Drellis obviously showed a bit too much surprise at this because the Hybrid began blushing in embarrassment.
"Well, goodbye." She said quickly before hurrying out the door. Drellis mentally cursed himself before walking through it as well. Or he would have if he hadn't caught an odd scent.

"You know, if one of the guards catches you," He half shouted back into the gym.
"Then they'll definitely punish you for an escape attempt."
After a few seconds, a porcupine crawled out from behind some of the matts stacked in the corner. As it crawled towards the center, it shifted into a pale female human.
"Heh, not as subtle as I thought." She said to herself.
"No, you're not. Now, why don't we leave before we're both punished for suspected conspiracy."
"Sure, and if that fails they can get us for socializing outside of social time, and for running in the halls. Face it, they just look for reasons to punish us."
"Regardless, I like to keep all punishment I get to the possible minimum." Drellis said, turning to walk away.
"Then it looks like we both have something in common." She answered.
"Yes. You, me, and every one of the Hybrids here are all freaks."
"That, and something else. We both want out."
Drellis stopped at that remark. He had never considered escape. He'd always thought that the only way out would be when the scientists let him out. Then he realized he only thought that way because its what the scientists wanted him to think.
"Now I don't have a way out yet, but I bet between the two of us, we can figure something out. What do you say to that?"
Drellis turned back to the Hybrid, seeing she had a very moxy smile.
"I say yes." He said, the "S" even more drawn out than usual. And now Drellis felt several things that felt almost new to him. There was excitement and fear, but most of all there was hope.

Reviews: 4
Thu May 01, 2014 8:06 pm
danickname says...

Donnie Muller - Walking Catfish/Hybrid - Social Room / Gym

Donnie rushed through the gym doors headfirst, earning himself several glares, a skinned knee and concrete tiles to the face. The boy pushed himself up and ran around, ignoring the scowls and hisses that were tossed to his general direction. Donnie always looked forward to 'social interaction time'. It was one of the few times where he could (attempt) to talk to other Hybrids his age. And he loved talking. Having conversations had always been a pleasure of his. Being able to be together with other people brought joy to his twisted mind. He wanted to learn more about them. Who they were. What they do. Why they were here. He wanted to have friends, people he could even partially relate to. And 'social interaction' was the best, if not the only, time he could search for friends.
And so he continued to bounce around, trying to look for someone to talk to.
"Ah, well won't ya look at that." He grinned, staring at a crowd of Hybrids gather around. "They must be watchin' that there eagle..." He observed as watched the bird crash. "Poor little guppy." It continued to keep itself grounded, its body slowly shifting back into that of a human being. Revealing itself to be a pale, young lass; the girl looked away from the crowd, tears falling down her cheeks. Immediately afterwards, all sorts of malicious laughs filled the gym. Guards and hybrids alike joined in the shaming. They were shouting, whistling, even Donnie knew that what they were doing wasn't very nice... He wanted to hep her. But how? Approaching her wasn't an option. He would just be shunned, and the bullying would probably get worse for the girl...
Then he had an idea. If he drew attention to himself, not only would the crowd's rage be directed at him, but he would also be able to use the time to 'interact' with people. He grinned, it was his best plan since last year's SpaghettiOs heist. Never had 'lockdown' been as rewarding (or as meaty) as that
fateful night. But back to the task at hand.

Donnie mustered up all his courage and approached the crowd. "Welp, can't be too hard to talk to them now. They all juist standin' around." He grinned and tapped every person, within arms reach, on the shoulder repeatedly.
"Keep walking freak."
"Get away weirdo!"
"Ew, IT. TOUCHED. ME..."
"Go bother someone else Cletus."
Donnie pouted for a moment, had he just been referred to as the loutish redneck from the Simpsons? Yes he had. Deciding to mess with the offender, Donnie cracked another grin. "Mah name's Donnie. But I suppose hillbillies ain't exactly really read, now aren't they" He called out, hoping to get a reply.
"No one cares Duane!" The oppossing teen stormed off angrily. Donnie stuck his tongue out. He didn't usually respond to bullies. But the times when he did stand up for himself (or other people) were always satisfying.
"That's okay, ya'll tried yer best." Donnie waved his hand happily. "I'd understand if you folks are havin' a hard time pro-nouncin' it right!" He stood for a moment. The boy gave him 'the finger', but it was still better than a rock to the face. Or being force-fed fuji pudding. Donnie shuddered for a second before snapping back to reality.
Suddenly remembering his original plan, Donnie checked on the girl again. Most of the crowd had left her alone at this point, and she was having a cute, little conversation with a snake/Hybrid. Donnie couldn't help but smile at this. Pleased with the work he had accomplished, the boy looked for another person to talk to. "Who knows?" He asked himself. "Maybe the next one you talk to ain't gunna yell at ya." Donnie readjusted his cap and looked for someone else to talk to. He had plenty of time before they were sent back to their rooms. He could get back with trying to make friends. No matter how pathetic his attempts may be. He probably had enough time to make something work out.
"Alright guys!" A guard yelled from across the gym. "Two minutes and you all go back to your rooms! So hurry up!"
Cursing under his breath, Donnie sighed and began walking towards the exit, maybe he'd make a friend on the way out...

24 Reviews

Fri May 02, 2014 3:10 pm
Robusto says...

Drellis
Hallway

Drellis walked back towards his room ,somewhat in a daze. Scenarios of various possible escape methods were running through his mind, and he was helpless to control them. That Hybrid he had spoken with had given him hope, hope for a future without scientists, guards, or anybody. He could imagine himself going out to live in a forest, occassionally showing up on a handheld video camera as some lizard bigfoot. But so far, he had nothingso incredibly genius it wouldn't be expected. All he had was to run for the exit right now. As far as he knew, their had been no escape attempts before. The guards had most certainly grown lazy. Sure there were locked doors, but he could easily slip through air vents. Of course, he would need a weapon, and he could get that off his dinner trey for tonight. The more he thought about it though, the more Drellisrealized just how crazy his plan sounded. Take a plastic knife as a weapon, sneak out of a facility loaded with guards, and get out before anyone knew he was gone. Unfortunately, his animal half clouded his judgement, so desperate was it for escape. Drellis decided. Tomorrow, either on his way to or from social time, he would make his move.
"Well hi there!" An annoyingly countryish voice shouted to Drellis. He had been so wrapped up in his animal half, that his hood on his head flared out, giving him a more animal like appearance than normal.
"Whoa. Sorry feller, didn't mean to startle you."
Drellis saw that it was a Hybrid that had shouted to him. The first thing Drellis noticed were the gillson his neck.
"My name's Donnie. I saw you help out that poor tweety bird back in the gym. Nice see there are some decent folks around here."
Drellis had wondered what could happen to make him regret helping that Hybrid, and he guessed this was it.
"You don't talk much do you?" He asked cheeerfully again.
Drellis began to walk forward, ignoring the Hybrid.
"So what's your name?" He asked, trying to keep up with Drellis, who was trying to walk back to his room at a fast pace.
"That's a pretty cool look you've got going there. I wish i could do that." The Hybrid continued.
Drellis began to suspect that this Hybrid was either thick, or he was intentionsally trying to be annoying. The obviously fake accent wasn't helping.
"I wonder, if i turned into half guy half fish, would i suffocate, or be able to walk around. Have you ever tried catfish before? It's pretty good stuff i'll tell you, but i don't eat it anymore. It would be like eating myself. You know what i'm saying?"
Drellis made it back to his room. Soon it would be curfew, and the door would lockitself electronically from the outside.
"This your room? Wow, sure is different from mine. Mine has a lock, but it locks from the inside. I also have a tv in mine."
Drellis quickly opened the metal door and got into his room, shutting the door in the Hybrids face.
"Well ,if you ever need some food smuggled from the kitchen, i'm youtr guy. Or fish. This whole Hybrid thing can be mighty confusing sometimes. Goodbye."
Drellis heard the Hybrid skip away. He sighed, glad to have some peace and quiet. He knew that others might have seen him as soft or someone to turn to for a friend if he opened up, and he had been right. He would just have to distance himself more often during social time. But Drellis remembered, tomorrow he would try and escape, and hopefully succede. No more Hybrids, and no more Scientists. Drellis sat and began meditating on his bed. Dinner would be here soon, and with it, his weapon.

seeing this tag and going "oh what's this? :)" then getting slapped in the face with shady's good grammar is the worst thing that's ever happened to me
— SilverNight