z

Young Writers Society

Utopia

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:25 pm
ElectraHeart says...

This storybook is for new comers. When you first start doing storybooks your posts tend to be shorter, that's okay in this storybook! I'm pretty new to these too, so I post pretty short most times. If you'd like to post longer in this storybook you may do that also.

Welcome to Marina Hill, your new Utopian home. When you fill out your application you will be placed into a family. The rules of our society are as followed.
Spoiler! :
1. All members of the community will respect each other. This rule is extremely important because it keeps everyone happy and willing to work together. If neighbors starting disrespecting each other, it could lead to hostility or other non-desirable actions.
2. The land will be respected also. The land has been here longer than us, although it is a necessary resource for our development, the surrounding nature is not to be overworked or overused.
3. Animal will be respected. Animals have spirits also, and should be treated fairly. The hunting of animals must only be out of necessity. When an animal is hunted, all parts of his body must be used and its body properly disposed of.
4. Everyone must pull their own weight. It is required for every citizen of espíritu fuerte to take part in the daily chores and emergency work that must be done. One person will not be stuck with a larger amount of work.
5. Everyone must work together as a family. Being a part of espíritu fuerte means being a part of a larger family outside of your own. Everyone should look after one another. Trust is an important thing in a society, and can only be gained after experience of working together.
6. We are a peaceful group; do not commit an unprovoked act of violence and expect it to go unpunished. Violence is the worst crime to be committed and will be followed by instant exile.
7. Respect the privacy of those around you. Although everyone in this community should be close on an emotional level, it is not necessary for them to be close on a physical level unless by choice. Privacy will be respected.
8. Do to others as you would want done to you. Since this is a small community, it would not take much for an uprising to occur. In order to prevent this everyone shall perform premeditated actions.
9. Although we are not a violent community, we will protect ourselves if attacked. If an outside disruption occurs, the strongest will fight for their family and homes.
10. rules are written for the good of the society. Any broken rule will be followed by a first defense warning and a second defense exile from the community.

Your family and jobs are assigned. Jobs are assigned according to your hobbies/interests. You are allowed a pet of your choice if you're an adult.

NO LAST NAMES ON CS SHEETS PLEASE! ONLY MIDDLE AND FIRST!

Character Sheet
Spoiler! :
Name:
Hobbies:
Pet:
Preferred number of household, including yourself:
Sexual Orientation:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

Families
Spoiler! :
1: Aquamarine & Parker
Last edited by ElectraHeart on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Used to be: IAlreadyDied
But that doesn't mean I'm still the same person.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:55 pm
Ibounce says...

Ahh. Marina Hill. The lush paradise that was to be my home. It had been three months since I submitted the application, and one week since my trembling hands had opened the pale blue envelope and unfolded the acceptance letter. For the first time since the accident, things were looking up.

42 Reviews

Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:39 pm
ElectraHeart says...

Parker ran around the track at the girls school at least 5 times, if not more. She loved to run, but it wasn't aloud at Marina Hill. She was the fastest in her class even out of the boys. The whistle blew to head back inside for mathematics class and she was tempted to run to the door.

No, no, that will get you in trouble...

She thought to herself. It wasn't worth it. Or was it? She tossed a boy, his name was Derek, a knowing smile and glanced from him to the teacher holding open the door. She knew he knew what she was thinking. He held up one finger, then two.

"Go!" Parker screamed, racing towards the door, Derek right behind her. All of a sudden the ground started coming towards Parker's face. She let out a screech, but never hit the ground.

"Hey, clumsy. Might want to be more careful next time." Derek said as he straightened her up.

"Thanks." Parker laughed. "You know, for catching me."

"No problem Parker." Derek said, flashing a toothy grin.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:28 pm
ToBeMe says...

Spoiler! :
Hey! This sounds pretty cool! I'm not exactly new here... but I really haven't done a SB in a loooonnnng time. So I can join, right? :-D
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

42 Reviews

Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:32 pm
ElectraHeart says...

ToBeMe wrote:
Spoiler! :
Hey! This sounds pretty cool! I'm not exactly new here... but I really haven't done a SB in a loooonnnng time. So I can join, right? :-D

Spoiler! :
Of course!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:22 am
ToBeMe says...

"Remember to finish your chores before you come in after school, Tyler. It's important."

I pulled a pair of fingerless out of a draw and grabbed my backpack before I chanced a glance back at my foster mother.

"Sure thing, Ma'am!"

The serious look that clouded her look faded as I began to walk towards the front door but she couldn't help but add, "And make sure that dog doesn't follow you again! He's only going to distract you from your school work-"

"Thanks Mama. I'll be fine."

I don't look back, but I don't have to, to know she's smiling, "Right. Have a good day at school Ty."

I grin and throw a wave over my shoulder as I pull the door shut behind me. A few steps later Dodge was walking by my side.

He must have broke free of his collar again.

Aunty Em warned us that he was always doing this. Escaping that is.
But Mama never believed her.
All she believed was all the dogs at Marina Hill had to go through a training course and would never misbehave.
That's true for most of them.

But our dog is a little Houdini.

I look down as he loops around me excitedly but I don't stop until I reach the gate.

I probably shouldn't take Dodge with me. Most of the teachers seem to have a thing against animals. Especially that maths teacher of mine...

I looked down and he threw his best pleading face my way.

Puppy dog eyes. Ugh! How can I resist those?

Throwing open the gate I wait for him to rush out before I slide out myself and wait for it to clang shut on its own.

Now for another day at Marina Hill High.

Let the fun Begin... I roll my eyes and begin walking down the short road to the school with Dodge at my heels.
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:01 pm
Ibounce says...

Aqua stepped into a small chamber, her brace clunking against the metal floor. The door closed behind her.
"Welcome new member," a cool, feminine pie. voice said. "You are to be assigned house 1342. House member: Parker Lee, age 15. Family surname: Harth."
The door opened on the other side, revealing a darkly dressed girl who looked uninterested until she saw the hedgehog nestled on Aqua's shoulder.

“It doesn’t matter what you are, it only matters what you do. It’s your choice.”
— Sam Winchester