z

Young Writers Society

Gone

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:13 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

When Vernon heard a knock at the door for the second time that day, he was almost expecting it. Things were reasonably busy now: A stark contrast to the days of monotony before Quinn had come.
He lay on the sofa and concentrated. There was no reason not to take precautions.
A moment later his copy answered the door. "Good day, how may I help you?" he asked the girl standing at the door. She stared blankly, before raising her hands and using sign language.
Vernon didn't know all too much sign language, but he did know a few basic words, and got the jist of the girl's message, so he invited her in. By this time Quinn was up and dressed, and was sitting on the sofa reading.
Grabbing a pad of sticky notes from a desk Vernon asked the girl her name.
"Isabelle." She replied.
"And how may I help you?" Vernon wrote back.
"Do you know what's happened to my sister?"
Vernon paused. He didn't know if he should try to break this to her gently. In the end he just wrote "Everyone over the age of about 15 has vanished. That's why there are no adults."
He passed this over to her, and she stood, staring at it for a moment, before sitting down suddenly on the sofa.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:41 pm
ElectraHeart says...

Quinn glanced up to see the girl and read Vernon and her’s conversation. She watched as the girl seemed in shock of the news.
“I know it’s a lot to process, but you’ll be fine. I’m Quinn. Isabelle, do you need anything? Perhaps a drink, something to eat?”
Isabelle looked worrisome and made an action towards Quinn which looked like she was taking a drink. Quinn decided that water would be best for the girl.
“Okay, I’ll get that for you.” Quinn set down her book and left to the kitchen, opening cabinets looking for a glass. Finally she found one and filled it halfway with ice and full with water.
Isabelle nodded a thanks as Quinn handed her the glass.
“My pleasure, now, could you tell me about your sister?” Quinn wrote down on the paper from earlier.
Used to be: IAlreadyDied
But that doesn't mean I'm still the same person.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu May 01, 2014 6:24 pm
Ciblio says...

Isabelle Harnicks

This was unbelievable. She couldn't be gone. No. Hannah was still here. She didn't disappear. Impossible.

I shook my head, and set down my drink. "If what you're saying is true, then Hannah's already gone. And that means I can't get my medicine. And she's the only one who knows where my extra hearing aid is. Oh, no."

I wasn't ever going to see her again. I wasn't ever going to hear again. I could die without my medicine. And now, I was never going to laugh again, for there was nothing left to laugh at.

While I decided whether or not I should leave now, a through crossed my mind. Did they know about powers?

Without thinking, I wrote: "I can go through things."

The boy, Vernon, I think, leaned forward, and read it. His eyes widened a bit, and he motioned Quinn to look.

They didn't seem confused. And they didn't look as if they didn't believe me.

They actually told me they had powers too, then showed me.

Vernon made a clone of himself, then made him disappear. Then Quinn turned into a cat. A freaking cat.

After they proved to me they could do those...things, they stared at me. Waiting for me to show them.

I'd never done it when I wanted to, though. Like, it only happened when I was completely calm, and not even thinking about it. But maybe if I thought about it enough...I could.

Standing up, I looked around, and decided to try and go through the door.

All I could think of was Hannah, though. Oh, man.

I shook my head, and tried my best to clear my mind. Closing my eyes, I thought about the door. How thin it was. How I could go straight through it, without it breaking.

I didn't realize it, but the next thing I knew, I was on the boy's porch.

The door opened behind me, and they both stood there, grinning.

I followed them back inside, and sat down back in my previous spot.

Could they help me control it? I mean, I just controlled it...but could they help me control my power better?
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Thu May 29, 2014 8:14 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

"How many people with powers could be out there?" Thought Vernon to himself as he paced his room. He had imagined the condition quite rare earlier, but when Quinn turned up he started to doubt his previous assumption. And now with Isabelle he was sure there were more than he previously thought. This was not a worry in itself but Vernon was anxious as to what the youth of today would do when given a sudden surge of power. He had to find out. By hook or by crook, he would.

A few moments later a tangible copy of Vernon descended the spiral stairs. He had, at his belt, a pistol, taken from his fathers underwear drawer. He had learned how to shoot a couple of years ago on a summer course, and he didn't want to take chances. As he passed the living room, he called out to Quinn on the sofa "I'm going out to explore the area, want to come?" (Isabelle had left now for her house, apparently the sudden stress was a bit tough for her to handle.) Quinn looked round at Vernon, and a few minutes later he strode out of his front door, as along the rooftop ran a ginger cat with brown stripes, and a pair of dazzling blue eyes.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

coffee and writing is a superior duo
— LadyBug