z

Young Writers Society

Risen from Ashes

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:14 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Elm, The hospital, with Ellie

The next morning after a light breakfast Elm set to work making the Hospital safe. Ellie just watched, she had never thought that would be necessary the Hospital wasn't even a permanent dwelling. But Elm collected together all the heavy objects he could find: stacks of chairs, tables and shelves: and built a barricade against the front door. Then, as if that wasn't enough he found a large metal gurder from a nearby building site and bracketed it on.
But he wasn't done yet. He found an emergency ladder, and took it upstairs. This seemed sensible. But then he took some emergency supplies and another ladder and locked them in another room.
Elm's plan was simple. If possible escape down the ladder and away. However if the outside was guarded they would need to hide. So he would jaunt with Ellie inside the locked room, and with any luck no-one would find them.
But then again with any luck no-one would come in the hospital.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

"Be happy, my friend; and if you obey me in this one request, remain satisfied that nothing on earth will have the power to interrupt my tranquility."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein