z

Young Writers Society

He loves me, He loves me not

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:04 am
Nike says...

Jude Danny Eugene

Looking up, I saw Shia. He had this silly smirk on his face that made me blush. Placing his hand on my shoulder, I felt tingles grow from there to the ends of my fingers. I took in a deep breath and looked over at the stage. The lady said we were finishing up and I only have one date. The one I was set up with.

"Hey, what's with the face?" he asked, sitting down next to me again.

I looked at him for just a moment before I looked down at my hands and started fiddling with my fingers. The nerves were kicking in.

"Ugh... it's nothing." I said, hearing the cowardice escape my mouth.

"Who's your second date?" he got excited.

Again, I sighed and kept on fiddling. My heart was pounding against my chest as I felt myself degrade myself. No guy wanted me and every time I went to one, they just smiled, shrugged, and left.

"No one," I said, words flew out of my mouth before I could stop myself.

"Oh, Jude. I would ask you out again."

My face got hot as I looked at him, catching the smile lining his amazing face. His lips were captivating, small and in a soft line.

"You were forced to deal with me... we don't have to go on that stupid date. You can always say no to me. God, no one would get with me..." Oh no, my nerves were really kicking in. My breath caught in my throat which made me hiccup.

I ran my hand through my hair and looked back at the stage. A few people were up there talking to her as she smiled at them. My vision was getting blurry and I realized I was tearing up.

"Are you serious? I got the crazy one?" he was laughing. "What's wrong with you? This is a dating event! And I fucking get the crazy one..."

Looking at him again was just terrible. He was seriously considering the fact that I was nuts. There was this silly smirk lining his face as he ran his hand down his face. I swallowed down some fright and took my purse in my hand. Standing up, I walked my way toward the exit. My mind was running with thoughts and I couldn't even look straight as I walked.

"Jude? Jude?" a woman said. Her voice broke my thoughts and made me freeze in place.

I turned on my heel and saw the lady standing on the stage, everyone looked at me, making my body shake. I was the center of attention for that minute and that scared me.

"...Yes...?" I replied hesitantly.

"Where are you going? We didn't finish yet!" she was too cheerful.

"Uh, I..." I couldn't speak. My mind was lost.

"Come here,"

As told, I walked up to the stage, each step felt like I was walking on needles. The people kept looking at me as I climbed the stairs, and I joined them. The lady had a clipboard in her hand as she spoke to a few of the people. Now I started to feel normal again. Looking over for a second, I saw that Shia has left. It made my throat close up once more.

"Did you get a second date, Jude?" the lady asked.

I simply shook my head, my hair flew around me as I did. A smile grew on her face as she looked over the group. I wonder who I'm gonna make suffer again.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:32 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Alex:

I looked at the number Evelyn had given me- she had nice handwriting, ad considering she was a science major it kinda shocked me. It's a well known fact that after school teachers, doctors and scientists have the WORST handwriting. I took out my cell and added her to my contacts.

I actually was feeling nervous about this date... Its not like I cared though.... right?

Putting Evelyn's number into my phone I let her walk away back into the crowd- this date was gonna go one of two ways an I wasn't sure which I was hooping for more. Wheeling around the perimeter of the room I try to check out the different girls, well scoping them out would be a better term for it. I was trying to figure them out, try to see which one I could ask as my second date.... to be honest this was starting to be a little fun- like battleship, if I played the wrong piece I was gonna sink.

Seriously though, I had to admit these were some fine women, strange they were here.... unless they all secretly had eleven cats and were serial killers...

“Five minutes everyone!” The woman at the front calls out- Seriously her sunshiny mannerisms were grating- its not like this is kindergarten or anything. We're all adults here- or at least most of us, and I'm sure we're all aware we fail at relationships otherwise we wouldn't have signed up. The woman continues, “Remember we're not meeting again for a whole week so make sure to set up your dates, get numbers and get the number of someone else to go out with! Anyone too shy to go make a second date come see me!”

Like hell was I going to go ask for help! I'm a Remington, we don't ask for help- it's like asking for directions when driving, not necessary.

She started rounding up people with only one number and I tried to avoid notice, but she spotted me and grinned

Oh Hell no!

Turning about I went over to the nearest girl.

“H-hey, I'm Alex, I was wondering if you wanted to maybe get a drink sometime this week?” ...Did I seriously just ask out a girl, Oh god...which girl was it? I looked up into her face nervously.

“Oh, Well hi Alex, I'm Olivia.” She said, her smile was toothpaste commercial perfect, and her accent
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:27 pm
Sunshine says...

Evelyn 'Evie' Garcia

I watch Alex roll away. I'm actually pretty excited about our date, in a weird way. I know, at the very least, it will be interesting, and that's all I'm really hoping for.

I know I have to make a second date, so I try to look and find someone who looks interesting, at least. They are mostly attractive, with a few confused older men in the mix, who must have been looking for the wrong thing. All attractive, but no one that sticks out all that much.

I feel a tap on the shoulder. I turn around too fast, and the guy standing behind me gets a face full of my hair.

"Oh, sorry, my hair is sort of everywhere." I feel like I've messed up already, looking up into the face of this blond guy. "I didn't mean to use it as a weapon."

"You're okay." He smiles, a very nice smile. He doesn't look dumb, which is a plus, but it might just be the glasses. Glasses are misleading fiends, after all. "I'm Chris, and I meant to come ask you for a date."

"Oh." This was easy. I guess I'm pretty when I get out of safety goggles, just like my Mother said. "I'm Evelyn, but you probably already knew that. We've been doing a lot of introducing. Okay, I can do another date, I suppose." I take out that notepad again, and write down my number. I hand both to him, and he gives me his. "I'll try to put my hair up on our date."

"Only if you want to. Just try to be careful with it." He smiles. He does that a lot.

The lady calls time before I can leak awkwardness.

"I hope you all have wonderful dates! I'm very proud of you trying to go out and find love! I'll see you all next week. Keep your dates, don't let them down! Goodbye!"

Most of us head for the door pretty quickly. I get t my car, and I go home.

----

My Mother asks me a lot of questions I don't know how to answer.

"Did you meet anyone nice?"

"Nice is relative, Ma. interesting, sure. We'll see how things go."
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:27 pm
Rydia says...

Jonathan Vanderbelt

It felt like it had been a long day and Jonathan only didn't run for the door when the lady said they could go because everyone else was running for the door and he didn't want to get knocked over in the fray.

Jonathan leaned on his cane and counted slowly to twenty before leaving the room. He stepped out into the cold and pulled his coat tighter around him before getting his bearings. He tapped his cane against the pavement and found the lamp-post he had passed on the way up and used this to orientate himself.

On the way home, Jonathan thought about the girls he had met and he couldn't help but feel a hopeful tingle. He wondered how long he should wait before calling - could he call today? Should he call today? He wondered if that would be too eager or if leaving it any longer would make him appear to be uninterested. Perhaps he should call one girl today and the other tomorrow and then ask them both if that had been the right thing to do. Maybe then he'd get it right for next week's girl.

Or maybe he'd like Olivia or Stella so much there wouldn't be a next week. Could they do that - drop out of the group if they thought they had already found their happily ever after?

When John got home, he printed on his Braille pad which number was for each girl and debated which he should call today. He made and ate dinner and he played three songs on his piano and then he found himself sliding the mobile phone out of his pocket as his left hand rested on the keys.

John pressed the speed dial button and waited for her to pick up.

"John?"

"Hi Stella, I thought we should discuss availability. I'd hate to leave it a few days to call only to find out you're not free the rest of the week, so-" Jonathan realised he was saying too much.

"Oh, yes of course that's fine. Well I'm not really doing much this week."

"Okay, great. Where did you want to go? I thought maybe we could go to the park or the movies or something." John was trying to think of things people did on dates and even though it had been years since he'd been to the movies, he didn't mind listening to films too much. He just hoped it would be one with lots of dialogue.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

267 Reviews

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:59 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Jude Danny Eugene
Spoiler! :

"Oh, honey, I apologize! I have no one left!" The lady told me with pity in her eyes but had a smile dancing on her face.

Somehow, I always got the best of luck.

"That's alright," I gave her a smile back and returned to where I was headed, the door out.

The day passed, and so did another one. A week went by with me just doing what I always did. Either I was at school, or I was at work. My friends worked all the time, as did I, so I wasn't out. It felt completely normal.

Well, until.

"Oh, aren't you from The Dating meet-up?" a familiar voice said.

I turned my head and saw the smirk of confidence that made my spine tingle. Even at the airport I couldn't escape my mistake by going.

This was where I worked, and I hoped that I wouldn't interact with anyone from that day. But, I showed him a smile as I typed in the ticket on the computer. Well, I should tell you what I do for a living. I'm an Airline Agent for Delta. So, I took care of both International flights and Domestic. And this is where I was.

"Depends which one." I replied, trying to be sly.

"You're the girl that gave the blind guy a red ribbon." yeah, he remembers. And now I have to admit that I do too.

"Kay, yeah, that's me. Miss Nice. Hi Chris." I smiled.

His smile got wider and I could tell how comfortable he got after now realizing you knew who was taking care of you with that flight. I had his passport in my hand and I looked at it, noticing that his picture looked really bad. Not one person has a good passport photo. But, somehow I thought he'd be different. Guess not.

"So, France huh? Why are you going so far off?" I asked.

"That is for me to know, and for you to find out." Jesus Christ, he got under my skin very well.

"Are you taking one of your dates on an extravagant date? Oh, if so, I do wish I would be one of them!" I mocked a breathless-blonde-voice.

This was unlike me, so I surprised not only myself, but my co-worker Andy who just happened to be standing next to me. I gave him a soft smile as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"You're funny, Miss Nice." Chris replied.

God, he used my... I need help.

"First, Business, or Economy?" I asked. "Though, I would assume First?"

He shook his head, that smirk never seeming to fall off of his face and then looked back up at me. Then, his phone rang, I knew it was him by the way he fidgeted around his pockets to grab it. I swallowed hard and waited for him to take care of his call.

"Evelyn? Hey..." The girl from that meet-up was calling him? What, did they have a date? Was I actually right? He's taking her to France?

I turned around for a second and caught sight of a familiar face. She had the green contacts that couldn't fool anyone. Mani was here? Behind the counter?

"Jude, can you come here for a moment?" My supervisor, Maggie asked.

Nodding, I walked over to the door to the back office and stood next to her. She was at least a few inches taller than me and had a thick french accent.

"This is Mani, she's new here. Would you train her?" she asked looking over at Mani.

"No problem, come on Mani. You'll like my passenger, I promise you." I smiled.

267 Reviews

Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:14 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Jamie Jameson

It really wasn't easy getting Mani out of her house to go on that date we were assigned. I mean, she says she just got a new job as an Airline Agent, but, it doesn't seem like she needs one. You should see her house. She says she wants to live a normal life, hence the new job.

"Delta? Like that shitty airline that flies you to France?" I asked.

She gave me a side glance. We were sitting in a movie theater, waiting for the trailers to end so Divergent can come on. She begged to see this movie, says that she loved the book and now she had to see it all happen.

"Well, it's a good job. And Jude works there! So I know someone!" she smiled.

"Jude?" the name drew a blank in my head. And I could see that she noticed.

"You must remember her, the shy girl with the spunky attitude?"

"Nope, drawing a blank here."

I leaned back in my chair and tried to get comfortable. She started to giggle as she looked over at the screen. The lights started to dim, signalling that the movie was starting. I could see her jump in her seat, a wide smile shaped her face. It was a little cute. But I kept that information to myself.

After the movie
Spoiler! :
Yay! Nike is not spoiling the movie!
, I drove her back home. And driving my Mazda made me feel out of place in her neighborhood. But, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. She couldn't stop gushing about the movie to the point my head started to hurt.

Why would they match me with her?

Whatever. The date was done. That's all that mattered now.

I pulled onto her street and parked just in front of her mansion. This building was magnificent and for sure it cost a lot to just build. I mean, look at it! A tornado couldn't blow it away!

"Thanks for the date, Jamie. I enjoyed myself." Mani said.

Turning my head away from my window, I smiled at her, trying to make it as believable as possible.

I liked the movie... I just hated the commenter.

"No problem Mani, I enjoyed myself as well." I replied.

"I hope we could... do this another time?"

Shit. Nope. Nada. Not gonna happen.

"Um, yeah, sure..." I tried to sound convincing. Guess she believed it.

A smile grew on her face as she threw her arms around my neck and hugged me. I froze, but managed to slide my arms around her waist. This was so awkward.

She pulled away, but not too far away, enough breathing room. Her eyes went from my lips to my eyes and I knew what was coming. So, I did what I did to stop this interaction from ever happening.

"Mani, have a good night." I smiled, pulling away.

It took her aback, but she managed to gain her confidence ans slip out of the car.

Just one more date, Anna... sigh.

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:49 am
Snowery says...

Olivia Spencer

“H-hey, I'm Alex, I was wondering if you wanted to maybe get a drink sometime this week?”

Who said that? Were they talking to me? One of my biggest fears is replying to someone who wasn't speaking to me. I look around and see the wheelchair guy looking up at me nervously. He's looking at me so he must be talking to me.

“Oh well hi Alex!” In my relief I flash him a Cheshire grin, man those trips to the dentist were worth it. “I'd love to but the we'd probably have to drink coffee or something, I don't drink alcohol.” You may think me weird but you try doing postgrad law with a hangover, believe me it ain't pretty.

“Umm ok...” he replies, looking a little confused. I've probably creeped him out already.

“Should we trade numbers then?” I ask, pulling out one of the spare cards I had left over from the previous challenge.

“Sure.”

I jot down my number on the card and hand it over too him before he hands me a scrap piece of paper with his number.

“I'm busy most of the week,” I tell him, “so we'll have to go out on a weekend but I'm down to do anything. I'm not too fussy.”

“Cool... uhh I guess I'll see you then.”

“See you Alex,” I give him a smile and watch him wheel himself away. I suddenly realise that both of my dates have handicaps. Not that it's a problem but rather an interesting observation, I've never really known too many people like that before except for a school friend of mine who was deaf.

I realise that the session is about to end soon and that I should probably find John and get his number. I'm still hesitant to approach him after swapping the ribbons. I know that he doesn't know but still... you know? I see him talking with a pretty red head. I smile, he's probably made more friends than me in this place. I didn't want to interrupt him but the lady was already on the stage and I needed to get his number before the day was done. I walk towards them and he turns as I he knew I was coming. That guy just never ceases to amaze me.

"Mind if I steal my date for a minute?" I ask, giving the girl an apologetic smile.

"Oh-uh. Sure." she said before moving away.

We swap numbers and then the lady at the front called a five minute warning. "It's almost time to go home, everyone! Close it up and if you haven't found a second date, step over toward me and you can see who else is still available!"

The day is over. Thank goodness.
The World Is Mine.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:03 pm
Rydia says...

Jonathan Vanderbelt

Waiting for a day before calling Olivia was excruciating. John must have picked up the phone half a dozen times, wondering if he was doing the right thing. What if her other date called her before him and then she gave him the only day she had available? What if her other date hadn't called at all and she was sad because she hadn't had a phone-call?

In the end, John fell asleep with his mobile in his hand. He woke with a start the next morning and was immediately grateful to still be holding the mobile - it would have been impossible to find had he dropped it.

Slowly John got up, taking a shower and brushing his teeth before slipping in to some clean clothes. Then he recovered his mobile from the bed side table and went to check his Braille pad to remind himself which speed dial she was under.

The phone rang three times.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Olivia. It's me. John I mean, from the dating group." John could have bashed his head against the wall - so much for Mr. Smooth.

"Oh hi John, how are you?"

"Good thanks and yourself?"

"I'm just on my way to work actually..."

"Right, yes. Of course. I'm sorry, I don't keep normal work times so I never know when's best. Should I call back later?"

"Now's fine. It's about the date, right? I'm only free on weekends so..."

"How about Saturday?"
Writing Gooder

267 Reviews

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:39 am
Nike says...

Jude Danny Eugene

Today was my date with Shia. Was I excited? Should any girl get excited to be with a guy who's attractive but a little annoying? Honestly, I wasn't anticipating anything. I was actually dragging the time. Getting dressed was a hassle. Putting on make-up was worse. And explaining to my mother who he was (from so far what I knew) wasn't fun.

I looked at the mirror. My face was picture perfect. The make-up was spot on and my hair looked great in a loose side braid. Even my fringe didn't bother me today.

"I'll survive. It's one date with this guy..." I let out a deep breath. "I know this ins't someone you'd be with but you gotta. Maybe it'll be fun? Who knows?"

All these words that I just spoke flew into my mind as I walked out of the bathroom, finding my way into the front hall. My mother was sitting in the kitchen, I could see her from here, reading a book. She seemed un phased by the fact that I was leaving, which tended to be normal around here. I hung out a lot, but I thought she'd be more concerned with this date.

"Ma, I'm gonna go." I said.

She looked up from her book and got out of her chair, heading towards me. A smile shaped on her face as she stood in front of me.

"You look beautiful," she sighed which made me giggle.

Wrapping her arms around me for a moment, she squeezed me tight and then let go. I slid on my coat.

"Well, maybe not ravishing... I'm gonna go cause he's here." I replied.

Shia took me to a restaurant. A family restaurant. Chili's. That happened to be probably the lamest thing I've done with a guy. If he was so interested and liked me and all, why would he take me to Chili's? It felt so... cheap. I may love this place, but going on a date here might be a little cheesy.

He was happy though, all smiles for the past hour we've been in each others presence. It took us a half an hour to drive down here, and another half an hour came to finding a 'perfect table' and choosing something to eat.

It took me five seconds to figure out my entree. Guess how long it took him. Just guess.

The waitress came down twice, ten minutes separating each time. Twenty minutes. Most of the time of the half hour was him looking through each menu (the season one and the regular one), reading each entree that he thought was 'yummy'. All he could do is talk about how amazing his life is and what food I should eat... I kinda wanted to kill him.

Talk about annoying.

"You like your food?" he asked once I had actually cleaned my plate.

"Yeah, it was good." I smiled.

"What was it again?"

"Um, a chicken quesadilla."

He nodded, finishing his own plate. I took a sip of my tea as I looked out the window. The sun was still out even though it was seven PM. Good thing it was spring, it would be daylight longer.

"Tell me about Jude," he smiled.

I rose an eyebrow at him.

"What?" he smirked.

Folding my arms on the table, I looked at him and watched him for a moment. He hadn't shaved which was great. There was this glow in his eyes that I couldn't quite grasp what from.

"Jude is... I'm not doing the third person thing." I smiled awkwardly. "I am a musician, go to college..." I said.

"A musician? What do you play?" he asked.

I felt my cheeks heat up. "Guitar,"

He nodded, "Wow, that's sort of unexpected. Any good?"

"Of course! Why would I play if I weren't?"

His phone rang, making me get back into my little awkward hole. He answered it, of course, smiling from ear to ear.

"Aye, what's up?" he answered it.

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:35 pm
View Likes
Snowery says...

Olivia Spencer

I hastily grab a nut bar before snatching my coat and bolting out of my apartment door. I'm late for work. Again. Urgh, I'm always late to everything. I run to the apartment elevator and press the down button. As if on queue, my phone begins to ring. I pull it out of my pocket and without checking to see who it is I pick up and say, “Hello?”

"Hi, Olivia. It's me. John I mean, from the dating group." John!

"Oh hi John, how are you?" I ask.

"Good thanks and yourself?"

"I'm just on my way to work actually..."

"Right, yes. Of course. I'm sorry, I don't keep normal work times so I never know when's best. Should I call back later?"

"Now's fine. It's about the date, right? I'm only free on weekends so..."

"How about Saturday?"

The elevator pings and the doors open, I rush in and press the ground floor button.

“Yup Saturday's fine. Maybe noon-ish?”

“Sure. Are you in an elevator, Olivia?” asks John. Man that guy is amazing, I wonder if he can read minds too? I bet he can.

“Haha! The amazing John strikes again! Yes I am in an elevator and please feel free to call me Liv,” I say to him.

“Oh, okay L-Liv,” he says as if testing it out. I smile even though I know he can't see. “Umm, so maybe we can go see a movie or a... uh...”

Movie? Seriously John? I want to do something we can both fully enjoy.

“a dinner or... umm... maybe a-”

“Actually John, I was wondering if we can do something outdoors? Like maybe go to a park or something and have a nice picnic? I hear there are some really nice birds in the National Park this time of the year and maybe we'll get the chance to hear them.” He's silent for a minute and for a second I think that I've said something wrong.

“I think that'll be nice actually, I can pack some mean sandwiches,” I almost feel like he's smiling and decide to act on a hunch.

“Are you smiling John?”

The elevator doors open and I walk through the foyer and out onto the street.

“Hey! How did you know?”

I grin to myself, “You're not the only one with a bag of magic tricks. I'll make a cake or something.”

“Great! I'll see you there then,” he says.

“See you, John.”

I hail a taxi and get in. I start munching on my nut bar when the phone rings again. I pick up.

“Hey Olivia, it's Alex.”

“Alex! Hey, how are you?” I ask as the taxi makes a turn.

“Are you eating? Is this a bad time?”

I groan inwardly. “I am but go ahead, it's fine.”

“Um I was thinking we could do our date on Saturday?” he asked.

“Oh sorry Alex, I'm busy then. How Sunday?”
The World Is Mine.

267 Reviews

Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:35 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Spoiler! :
This is sorta dead :(

Jude Danny Eugene

I have just gotten news about the next meeting. Wohoopie. This is me and I am so excited. My sarcasm makes me happy. This meeting is happening on Saturday, same location, same time, afternoon.

Who do I plan on avoiding? Shia probably. There's this small hope in me that keeps on pleading that I meet a good guy, a better guy than Mr. Shia. He can go with whomever suits him and that happens to not be moi. I can't stand even being within fifty feet of him. There's something about him that makes me cringe.

"Juuuuuude! Jude!"

What.

I turned my head from my computer and saw my best friend. She was Kathy, Kathy Bond. Seriously. Her name was Katherine Bond. Anyway, she was here. Her blonde hair was in a high ponytail and her slim body was slipped into a light pink sundress. Why a sundress blows my mind because it was freezing outside.

"Jude, hey girl. Whatchu doing? That blog?" her voice was a little too excited for my interests.

"Yeah, that blog." my voice was flat. "What's up?"

She ran her hand down the back of her neck and then she walked over to me, sitting next to me on the couch. Her eyes found their way to my computer screen, so I switched the tabs to my Facebook page. It feels less private than my blog. She reads my blog, but I don't want her to read it while I'm writing it.

"Is that the guy?" she pointed at my friends requests.

Shia's name came up with his adorable face. In the picture he was sticking out his tongue while a girl was pouring something into his mouth. Like I knew or cared for what was going on when that was happening. But Kat was more than interested, her eyes were ogling the picture.

"Yeah, yeah. That's Shia." I sighed, declining the request with a simple click of my mouse.

"Why? Why did you do that? Come on, he's hot. And he's into you."

"You're more into him."

She looked at me for a moment than pulled the computer off of my lap, clicking something herself. I looked over her shoulder and saw she was chatting with Shia.

"What do you think you're doing? Whatever it is stop and don't do it." I huffed.

An evil smirk pinched at her cheeks as her fingers ran over the keyboard. It looked slick, the way she typed, as if the words were just flooding through her fingertips. And then she hit enter and I read her message.

Shia, hey. Remember moi? It's Jude, the hot girl that was too hard to get with. Well, I'm here with my greatest girl, Kat, and we want you to come over. ;)

"Was that wink really necessary?" I asked as my heart raced.

A laugh came from her as she started to read his reply.

Two girls and one guy? Damn, I didn't think you were into that. And that's cool. Where do you live?

"Ha! We are gonna catfish this bitch!" she smiled. "He deserves it that slut!"

"You suggested a threesome. What guy in their right mind would say no?"

She shook her head and just started to type again.

Saturday

The auditorium was full of the same people and maybe a few more. I guess word got around about this amazing experience to meet your match! I brought Kat along with me because she wanted to meet a few guys, like Shia for example.

People were silent as the lady, the old one with the too hyper voice, came into the stage. She has on a huge smile as she took the microphone in her hand.

42 Reviews

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:27 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Alex Remmington:

“Oh sorry Alex, I'm busy then. How Sunday?”

Well this was going great.....

“Um...actually I can't do sundays- you see my family always has this big dinner shindig. My moms sides all Italian and Sundays are like the weekly Christmas. A weeknight maybe? Would that work?”

“Um, Maybe? Hey can I call you back when I get a second to check my schedule?”

“Yeah, sounds good.”

“Okay bye Alex!” She hangs the phone up before I can say bye, I lean back in my chair and groan”

“You Okay honey?” My mom sticks her head in the doorway- her curlers still in- god she looked like a dowdy housewife.

“Mom I'm fine. Just dealing with crap.” My mother eyed me closely, she came into my room carrying a coffee cup.

“Is this normal crap or the bad kind?” She asked slowly, handing me the coffee.

“Girl crap mom. Girl crap.” my mothers face lit up and she giggled- she freaking giggled!

“Oh well that's different! That's a good thing.” she walked out of the room, as she went through the door she called over her shoulder, “Your Dr. Called this morning, he wanted to get an update...”

“He's not a doctor mom- he's a shrink.”

“Alex,”

“Mom I gotta get ready for work- do you mind?” out she went and I ran my fingers through my hair.

I had moved in with my parents after I had gotten back- and out of the hospital. It wasn't like it was that unexpected anyway- , moms Italian. It's normal to have three generations living under the same roof- and we did. My Grandparents lived on the ground floor, my parents and us kids all lived upstairs. Well, not so much kids- me and my Brother Charlie and sister Rebekah and her husband Craig. We all pitched in with bills, housework- and as my Brother in law was studying to be a chef he did a hell of a lot of cooking- much to my Grandmothers chagrin.

Rolling across to my low dresser and started rummaging through looking for clothes for the day- other then my pajama bottoms and Navy T-shirt.

I hadn't called Evelyn yet, was I nervous? I didn't think so but something made me feel all screwed up inside- other then the shrapnel still floating about in my guts. She was interesting, a bit of a condescending bitch- but I guess that made her even more interesting, why was she like that? Defense mechanism? Personality quirk? Was it just to me?

I pulled out a pair of cargo shorts and tossed them on the bed,

She was sexy, that much I knew- I've always been attracted to girls with curves. And Hells Evelyn had really nice ones, pretty, her long hair and her eyes.... eyes? Oh crap Alex just CALL her.

Before I could lose my nerve I punched in her number- I didn't need to look at the paper she had given me, one of the good things about having an eidetic memory. Things stick.

Riiiiing, Maybe she was in school? She said she worked as an intern. Riiiiing, What if she was busy like Olivia? Riiiing, Relax, if she says no she says no- it's not like you care, right?

“Hello?”

“Hi is this Evelyn?”

“Yeah, speaking”

“Hi, it's Alex.” there was a long pause on the other end. “Alex from the singles dating meet.”

“Oh hi, what's up?”

“This a bad time? I was hoping we could set up a time for our, um....”

“Date? Sure, what were you thinking?”

“Well, I've got a couple ideas.... “

“Lets here them then, I'm up to my elbows in formulas so hurry up.”

Oh yeah, this date thing was totally going great.

“I was thinking Friday night, Around six. We could head to a pub, get a drink and something to eat then....well- there's this new exhibit at the museum, it's that traveling plasticized human body show. If your interested- Or we could just do like dinner and a movie....” I waited to hear her answer.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:58 am
Sunshine says...

Evelyn Garcia

The cell phone in my pocket was like an annoying buzzing, a call from reality pulling me away from what I really care about. I'm not really listening to Alex, though I'm sort of happy that he called, until he mentions the plasticized exhibit at the museum. I wasn't going to make time to go see it, even though I was sort of interested, and a date would give me an excuse. The smile that crosses my face comes, not from some finally solved problem, but from the thought of him knowing what he was getting into when he came with me. He had the possibility of knowing.

"Friday... is good. Definitely the museum. Way more interesting than anything they've got in the theaters. You said six? Where do you want to meet?" I answer like I usually do, with more questions than actual answers.

"That pub on sixth street. You know the place?" I did, and it was actually an okay place for drinks, as far as places for drinks go. I mutter my agreement. He clears his throat. "Okay, see you soon?"

"Yeah, see you."

As we hang up take out my little planner and write Date with Alex @ 6:00 PM on Friday. I try not to get excited, because it'll probably fail. He's nothing like anything ever I had involved... but that might be good, right?

It's Wednesday.

-----------

"This one?" My Mother holds up one of my sister's dresses to my body.

"No! Why does Catie even have that? It'd make me look..."

Catie, my little sister, frowns. "Like a ho?"

"Catherine!" My Mother scolds as I say 'Exactly!'

Catie, still a senior in High School, shrugs. "She's a lot curvier than I am, Mama. Taller, too. It wouldn't look good for her-" here she winks"-date."

"You two are no help! I'm going to leave my hair down, like you said, but I'm wearing the colored jeans and the gray sweater."

My Mother sighs. Catie asks. "Cute enough, I guess. Scarf?"

"And scarf."

Catie smiles; she likes winning, and she won the fight. The two of them leave, and I slip into the clothes Catie had the most say in. I have to wave a quick goodbye to my family before they decide to take pictures, jumping in my car.

I drive to the pub. I feel awkward waiting, lingering in the entrance. Just as I'm ready to ask the girl if he's here, Alex rolls in. He sees me, and waves.

There it goes, again, that improbably excitement.

I think I might actually have fun.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:24 pm
Rydia says...

Jonathan Vanderbelt

A picnic. Outdoors. John really couldn't have asked for anything better and he hoped Olivia- Liv wasn't putting herself out for his sake. He could hardly say no though. He didn't want to say no because a picnic... that would be amazing. So he ended the phone call feeling super positive about his date.

Since John had made a date with Stella for Sunday, the second girl he had called was actually his first date. Man, no wonder this dating thing got so confusing. John was straight out of bed in the morning and he thumbed through the blue side of his wardrobe for some jeans to wear before taking a green top from the hangers with three grooves on each side. His mum had helped him work out the system and it felt good to be able to choose his clothes and know what colours he was wearing.

Breakfast didn't seem important and then it did because it was a way to make the time go faster before he was meeting Olivia so John forced himself to shovel some cereal into his mouth. Packing for the picnic was harder. By the end of it, he'd got into such a flurry that he had no idea what flavour crisps he'd put where or how many sandwiches had ham on them. This was going to be a disaster.

As a last touch, John stopped in the garden and cut a rose from his bush to slip into the bag. He would surprise her with it later, he thought to himself.

It was only during the walk to the park with his bag of picnic supplies on one arm and his cane in the other that a semblance of calm came over him. It was a nice day outside. The neighbours must have cut their lawn because he could smell the freshly mown grass and a cat let out a soft miaow as it padded along the top of a wall - the sound coming from somewhere above his left ear.

Or maybe it was a roof cat. Did cats climb on roofs?

When John got to the park, he stood awkwardly near the entrance before walking a few steps in. Right. He didn't have his braille book to tell him which speed dial number she was under and he didn't want to risk calling Stella by mistake. Was it four? Six? Did he even have six friends to have on speed dial? Probably not...

"John, hey- how are you."

John smiled in relief as he heard Olivia's voice.

"Liv - I'm great. I brought picnic." John held his bag a little higher and grinned widely as he shuffled it over to the same hand with the cane. Then he held his now free hand out in her direction. "Should we take a stroll? It seems too nice not to."

John could hardly believe that he was getting up for the second day running to go on another date! He knew there was also the dating group that evening, but first he was taking Stella to the movies and he hoped she didn't mind that he'd asked to go in the morning. It was always so busy in the evening and he felt sure he'd get knocked over otherwise.

This time John picked out a pair of black jeans and put on one of his smarter shirts from the hangers with only one groove. He didn't know what colour the shirt was, but they'd all been chosen to go with black jeans or trousers so it was less important, though he still wished he knew. There was only so much you could co-ordinate before you spent your whole day steeped in systems and making sure you put everything back just so.

John waited outside the cinema for Stella and he was holding a rose. He wanted to treat both girls the same and give them both an equal chance.
Writing Gooder

42 Reviews

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:39 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Alex:

"Hey sorry I'm late." I say as wheel over to Evelyn, trying to smile a normal smile.

"Oh It's fine, I got here early."

****ing A- she looked really nice.... I mean she wasn't wearing anything special but damn....

"Lets find a table? There's usually one over in that corner that's easy to pull a chair out of.... uh for my-"

"Your chair?" she finished- eying me like I was some science experiment, I nodded.

"Uh yeah." I wheel over- navigating the crowded pub- getting bumped into and people cutting me off- just normal things. Once we're at the table I pull her chair out.

"Here you go." She seemed startled as she sits, I wheel over to the other side and pull my chair close to the table.

"Do you come here a lot?"

"I guess, I know the owner of the pub- Old Army guy, I see him down at the Veterans center a lot.

"Oh.." Her eyes were on me again, it really was strange how she stared, it wasn't like other people stared, with pity or emotion, Evelyn stared at me like I was some math problem that needed solving, like she was trying to figure me out. I looked down at myself self consciously. I wasn't wearing anything special- just a pair of black pants, blue shirt and button up left open... nothing special.

"So Alex," She began and I looked up,

"Yeah?" She pushed a curl behind her ear and smiled, I noticed she had freckles on her nose.

"Tell me about yourself."

Oh god the worst question to be asked.... Just then someone came over to our table and I looked up- and wanted to die...

"Hey Guys Welcome to the- HEY ALEX!" My cousin Charlotte grinned and hugged me WAY to tight. Evelyn raised her brows.

"Hey Lottie." Then I frowned, "Wait a second you don't work Fridays...." a horrible creeping sensation went up and down my spine as my cousin looked guilty.

"Oh well I'm covering.... you know- helping a friend out."

"Oh my God my mother.... My mother asked you to do this didn't she?!" Charlotte laughed, ignored me and turned to Evelyn.

"I'm his cousin just to let you know. he only has one ex who's after him." She winked at me and turned away again. "So- Evelyn right? Okay Just fair warning. We're a really nosy family. like we know everything about one another before you know it- especially about Allie here. We're all super protective of him. I'm sure you can understand.

"this isn't happening...." I mutter, "Just go away- God almighty you people are awful!"

"Aw Allie we're just worried about you. I'm not trying to scare you off Evelyn, just fair warning- My Boyfriend got lucky- he's my brothers best friend. but just fair warning, there are a hell of a lot of us running around this city- Italians are notoriously involved with family. Especially when one of our own is Alex." She ruffled her fingers through my hair and I groaned. "He's really nice by the way- don't let the gruff ex-soldier turn you off. he's a sugglely bear under it all- and like scary smart... I hope that isn't a turn off fr you, I know some girls like super dumb guys. Alex here just plays like he's a normal guy. but, well you'll find out."

"Can we just get our drinks please?" I was frantic- I had planned this date with so much care... I picked a pub I was comfortable at, that had a good crowd, good music and good food. I made sure I was in a good head space before leaving the house and now all of that was crumbling because of my mother... I mean I loved her but seriously... she had boundary issues. I know I'm screwed up but at least let me TRY on my own first.

Evelyn laughed then, I looked up surprised,

"Jeeze your family is worse then mine Alex." I raised my eyebrows

"wh-what?"

Never use your shield as a dinner plate, for that is when the enemy is most likely to attack.
— The KotGR Commander