z

Young Writers Society

Breach in the Void

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:59 pm
JustJasper says...

The story is about a bunch of people that have had their memories wiped and wake up inside a bullet train as the only passengers. Each of them has a unique set of skills they are unaware of. They each have one supernatural power however it is incredibly difficult for them to use it. As they learn about who they are (memories come back very slowly) they realize that they are from another dimension and were sent to investigate the dimension they are currently in. The machine that sent them there is called the Lacus machine. However when they came to the new dimension they ripped a hole in reality causing the universe to slowly begin to decay. It is now up to them to save the other dimension and their own.

If you are interested please PM me

Rules:
I would prefer if nobody posted any swearing. If your character must swear either make up a swear specific to their dimension (for example Gumdrop, Marshmallow, Cookie crumb, etc.) that is comical. Or simply say (insert character name) swore under his/her breath.
There can be romance in this story but please refrain from writing graphic scenes or including vulgar or inappropriate descriptions. You all know what I mean. If you have questions about a scene feel free to ask about it.

Character template:
Name:
Nickname:
Approximate age:
Personality:
Appearance:
Dress:
Memories (if any):
Greatest fear:
Strengths:
Picture if you can get one

-Ossie
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:19 pm
JustJasper says...

Mason

I woke up with my face down on the cold metal floor. My ears were ringing and my head felt like it would explode I sat up gripping my head and squeezing my eyes shut. Once the pain subsided and I could release my puffy hair I gripped a nearby pole and dragged myself to my feet. Looking around I realized that this was a train car, out the window I could see a large expanse of water and not much else.

"Hello there," a voice called out from behind me.

I spun around to find a truly bewildering sight. A girl of about 19 with long dark blue hair and piercing green eyes stood at the other end of the car, sprawled out on the floor, just like I had been, were six other people.

"I didn't hurt them if that's what you think," she called again.

"Why would I think that?" I asked growing more confused the longer I spent here.

"I don't know. It is logical, you have just woken up on a train with me and six unconscious people of which I was the only one awake. As untrue as the assumption may be it does make sense." She answered as she made her way toward me.

Her long coat brushed one of the other people and he stirred slightly. She ignored him and came to stand by me. He slowly stood up and brushed off a large grey robe many sizes to large for him.

"Hello" I said calmly not wanting to frighten this boy who was obviously much younger than me and the other girl.
He said nothing and didn't even look surprised.
Alrighty then I thought. He doesn't have to talk we are strangers after all.

"So where are we?" I asked the girl,

"I have no idea." She answered,

"How did we get here?" I said hopefully

"Nope"

"Where does this train go"

"I know just as much as you do Lion"

"Lion?"

"Well I don't exactly know your name now do I and you do have that puffy hair."

What is my name?
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.
— George Eliot