745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:11 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Logan Lawson | Safely Outside, Outsidely Safe

Boys and Boys and Girls

"Cut to our Hero, Logan, triumphantly standing on the boardwalk of what we'll call Beach City, Maine. Clearly, at this point, the screen flashes my name, which is Logan, maybe with an awesome Totodile doing something cool. You know, something to capture both of our essences."

He scribbled something down in his sketchbook before turning back to the ocean and sunrise. Behind him, five youths of varying interest stretched and yawned in unison. "Loagie Roll, why are we up so early?"

"And better yet," asked Riza, whose name plate should probably read Jasmine, "why did you call me in the first place? I don't even like you." She gazed at the group. "ANY of you."

A tall, muscular, handsome boy chimed in without proper introduction, leaving the viewer to wonder where he came from and what his affiliation was with this group: "Back in Italy, we have a name for guys like you, who call guys before the sun rises so you can walk on a boardwalk with them."

Logan turned his head around and raised his eyebrows. "Matt! I didn't expect you to answer my text after our meeting Monday!"

CUTAWAY

Logan: If I had to describe my initial encounter with Matteo Della Vitoria, well! I think I'd choose the words...boozey, breathtaking, and electrifying. Those three. [He tilts his head to the side] My orientation? [He purses his lips, shaking his head] I guess I'd say...north? Is there a compass I can use?

CUTAWAY

Faye, holding up her phone: Here's a picture of Logan bumping into Matt and spilling his beer. [Flick] Here's a picture of the beer spilling onto a passing-by Magnemite. [Flick] And here's a picture of them knocked out together. [Zoomed in] See that? They're practically holding hands!

"I let the past be the past after three days past."

"Past?"

"Past."

"I'm pretty sure it should be pass."

Matt's nostrils flared as he turned to Saul, fist raised.

"So I see that Wyatt didn't make it past the pilot." Logan sighed, scratching something out of his sketchbook. "It's a shame, too. That whole hoodie appeal could've brought us some good numbers in the depressed teenage demographic."

Riza licked a sequen before stamping it on Growlithe's pokeball. "So you've got us all here. Tell us what we're doing or I'm leaving."

"Well," Logan began, "first of all, I wanted to get a glamour shot of the whole gang on our first mission!" He turned around and took a selfie with his gang in the background. "Secondly, I'm buying us breakfast!"

CUTAWAY

Jasmine: I came back for the same reason any snark knight comes back to a group of misfit idiots. [Zoomed in] The leading man owes me money. [Zoomed out] These authentic victorian dresses and thighboots don't come cheap, you know. [She looks off] Plus, he may make a suitable sacrifice for the inferno lord later, nearer the solstice.

In the restaurant of Logan's choosing, he passed out name cards hand-drawn for each of the members of his gang. They each featured a portrait of the trainer, their name, and their prime pokemon. Logan's for example, was Totodile, as previously mentioned. Faye had Seviper -- not because she was her prime pokemon yet - but it was a creative choice Logan made while she was sleeping.

Matt turned his over, eyebrows arched. "Mine just has a can of beer on it with my face looking distant and handsome."

Logan nodded. "Noted. I was aiming for aloof and handsome, but as long as I'm one for two, I'm okay."

Matt agreed, Jimming the camera. "This guy gets me."

After their food arrived, Logan addressed them again with a piece of bacon sitting on his lip like a giant moustache. "Our final order of business is the Gender Tournament!"

Mal cut his eyes quickly against the camera and then looked back to Logan.

"It's basically a glorified game of Boys vs Girls. Who wants to be my partner? Naturally the Chick and our Sixth Ranger will pair up since, you know, makeup and rainbows."

Faye rubbed the bridge of her nose. "Please don't be sexist..."

"Unicorns, kittens, pink things." He paused, thinking. "Frills on dresses."

Riza raised her eyebrows. "At least he got one right."

Faye glared. "We are not defined by the frills on our dresses! The frills on our dresses are defined by us!"

Logan made a note of this. "The gills on our breastses...defy...us. Got it." He slammed his hands on the table. "Who wants to be my partner?"
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:41 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

Matteo | Still A Restaurant

There was silence. Matteo was gazing intently at his name card. Mal was staring off into nothing, and Saul appeared to be arguing with his phone. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Faye aggressively talking at the anime girl, who was doing her best to avoid contact. He heard the word 'frills' and willed his ears to tune out.

"I guess we can draw the partners?" Logan said.

"I have an app for that," Saul said. "Siri, randomly match... wait. But there's five of us. How do we go about that?"

Matt frowned. "I thought it was a Gender Tournament. You ladies team up."

"Sounds to me like the great Matteo doesn't want to be seen by his hordes of groupies with embarrassing figures," anime girl said, dryly.

"More like I feel bad putting a bunch of prepubescent girls to shame." Matt waved a hand dismissively. "Let's head to the event, figure things out there."

- - -

The PokeCorp building was appropriately red and white. The doors were shaped like a pokeball, sliding open to let people through. The inside was wall-to-wall billboards on one end, PCs on the other. Trainers crowded around with their pokemon.

A particularly large billboard displayed the words 'Gender Tournament -- Sign ups below!' There was a clock counting down. Most likely to the start of the event, Matt assumed.

"Ha!" he exclaimed. "Hey guys, check these rankings out." He waved for the others to crowd around the billboard he was looking at. They moved towards him.

"Triple digits!" Matt said. "I'm not battling with these scrubs."

"But, Matt..." Faye said. "Those are our rankings too."

Far too close to the bottom for his liking, Matt saw his own name.

Matteo della Vittoria | Rank 354 | Number of PokePoints obtained: 0

"Bullshit! These rankings are only numbers. In spirit, we're at the single digits."

"If you say so," anime girl said. "Meanwhile, Faye and I are going to battle, kick all your butts, and actually get those single digits."

Faye only stared at Jasmine. The fire in her eyes could have sent a Magmortar crying for mommy.

"Matt has a point though," Saul said. "I'm not really feeling it."

"Saul knows what I'm talking about," Matt said. "You know, there's a really good panini place down near the harbor."

"We were just at a restaurant though," he pointed out.

"Are you not up to delicious panini?"

"Hm."

Matt wheeled around, heading towards the exit.

"The pairings!" Logan yelled back at him, exasperated.

"We'll be back in time," Matt reassured him. "The panini place isn't far."
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
— Dr. Seuss