z

Young Writers Society

Birathi: The City of Light

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:25 pm
KingLucifer says...

You agreed with me knuklehead!
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:54 pm
Stellabeam says...

@janika you kinda did. But whatever, everyone can be annoying at times *cough, cough* including me.

So, the words I posted. There is rhyme and reason to it. I do have the translation of the words and what they mean. Caliey can have it if she wants since it's her storybook and I will leave it to her to decide whether everyone should find out here in the DT and leave the characters in the dark or whether it should be a surprise for everyone.
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

50 Reviews

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:07 am
KingLucifer says...

@Skyguy, I hope you don't mind adding my end onto the the tale.

The group doesn't have to beat Marcus, but I'm mentioning some rewards if they decide to deal with the Undead Sucker.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:10 am
AlmondEyes says...

@Stellabeam. I just read your post and wanted to ask if you would edit that little part about my character snorting and what she said, please.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

Reviews: 0
Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:14 am
Skyguy says...

That was kinda my idea dante. All powerful wizard has to have some powerful stuff. And I mentioned him being a fire wizard, so if the group wants to fight him, razley can get over her fear of fire.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

43 Reviews

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:18 am
AlmondEyes says...

Heck. I might as well post. Everyone else did.

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:05 am
Cailey says...

*Wonders how in the world we went from hardly ever posting to everyone posting in one day*

It's not a bad thing, though.
And what's this about bad Fire wizard we have to beat?
(I feel like maybe this is something that could have been asked or at least mentioned to me before it became fact?)

Ah well, I guess I better go and read the posts.
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

413 Reviews

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:23 am
Cailey says...

Okay- so I read all the previous posts and got caught up and everything.
I think that Marcus can stay- it's a good twist and I think it will be a good way for Razley to be challenged and in a way have to prove her worth.

But in your post, @Skyguy it was a bit confusing. I think (correct me, and the post, if I'm wrong) but it sounded like you were saying that the wizard and elf queen were siblings. That wouldn't work. The races are separate and do not mix (Except the Writers- who can marry whoever they want since they're alone. But their kids will be fully whatever race the other one was, and none of the Writer's powers will be passed down to them.)

So you could make them all be really good friends or something, but not siblings.

Also- Aryk is arrogant and haughty- but he's not rude. He wants to unite the fellowship as much as he can, and he wouldn't be complaining about stories, especially since he was the one who asked them to share information.
So, while he certainly has his character flaws, at this point in the story his main concern is getting the group together.
You don't need to change the pots, but just keep that in mind. He's not going to be as rude on the outside as his thoughts sometimes seem.

Also- while I like creativity and I don't want to be nitpicky and bossy, I would like it if I could hear about plot twists beforehand? A PM, or even just a message on my wall or something. I will most likely say yes anyway, but it's nice to not feel lost in my own storybook.

(Hope that didn't sound like I was mad or anything, cause I'm not. Well, I'm tired, but that's irrelevant...)

24 Reviews

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:34 am
Stellabeam says...

What race is the writer anyways?
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

50 Reviews

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:56 pm
KingLucifer says...

So, @Cailey, I've been contemplating a bit of twist when it comes to Wizard kind, I was thinking since they are so focused on Magic, there bodies actually develop slower than Human Bodies and Minds. Though while Razley is indeed smart, she has the mental state of one compared to a 6 or 7 year old.

Edit: I would like to move the story along by going into the next day and beginning into the Shaded Forest. If anyone has anything to add do it now.

43 Reviews

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:35 am
AlmondEyes says...

@Stellabeam: DID NOT!!!!!!!!

24 Reviews

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:50 am
Stellabeam says...

@janika DID TOOOO!!!!!!

50 Reviews

Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:45 am
KingLucifer says...

DID I miss something?

413 Reviews

Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:53 pm
Cailey says...

yeah, Dante, I think you can send everyone to sleep and then off to begin the journey through the forest.

We don't want to encounter the Fire wizard- at least not yet and not until I get some more information. (hint, hint)

But, as we get into the darker parts of the forest we should certainly test Razley's pixy fighting skills. And maybe some kind of wild animal? I'm guessing Azya would be the most effective at defending another animal?

Thoughts, ideas?

Oh, and @Dante that sounds good. I can't remember the age range I had in the beginning, but I was thinking that wizards live longer, which would fit with what you're saying of the slower development.
So yes. Give her a six or seven year old mind. :)

And @Stellabeam the Writers are a race of their own. At the moment I don't have much about them except for spells and the job of keeping the records of the city. But if you have any other ideas for how else the race of the Writer could be unique?
Oh- and I think I mentioned this at the beginning- but the Writers are normally the only ones who can read or write. Wizards probably would have gone through training to learn to read, which is why Razley likes reading, and some of the others might have, too.
Just, if you're going to have your character write, maybe include a mention of why they went through the trouble of learning, since it's rare for anyone except a Writer to know how to read. And unheard of for anyone- even Wizards- to know how to write.

Wow, that was long, sorry guys! I just keep thinking of things that might be helpful to know.

43 Reviews

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:15 pm
AlmondEyes says...

Who's posting next?

I’ll marry the finest banana in the galaxy for you.
— Tuckster