z

Young Writers Society

Young Justice DT

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:18 pm
Jony says...

This is a general discussion area for the SB. Post here for questions, concerns, plot ideas, or just want to drop by and say hello and check in.
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”
― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

-Jon7670

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:39 pm
maleficent says...

Just a question about Supergirl :]

Are her parents both Kryptonian, or can I choose one to be human?
If I CAN choose, this would make her part Kryptonian and human. In the profile for Superman's sidekick, you said that the character can only have two of Superman's powers. Would this mean that because of the human half that the sun doesn't affect Supergirl in the same way that it does Superman?

I hope that makes sense. XD
"Beware the darkness in your heart. The Heartless prey upon it."

49 Reviews

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:46 pm
Jony says...

So she is Superman's clone, she is all Kryptonian. But she is an imperfect clone, so she only has two (you get to choose which ones) of Superman's powers. She doesn't know anything before Superman finding her which just happened but she has a full education. Also the sun effects her in a different way than Superman because she is faulty, but she is just as susceptible to Kryptonite.

It explains this a little better in the history section of the profile which is already filled out for you.

Hope this answer made sense haha if you have any more questions, just post them here.
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”

-Jon7670

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:01 pm
Omni says...

So, is Aquaman actually in the cave, or would he be in Atlantis?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:07 pm
Redfang18 says...

Mew mew mew. Redfang's in the house.

Since I'm gonna poke around in the SB, I'm going to bring in something I once imagined myself as when I was younger. I won't say what it'll be, since that kills the magic of making the profile.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 pm
littleauthor says...

Oh Gish thus storybook is going to bring back some memorys
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:49 pm
KingLucifer says...

Thraso is coming up soon, don't worry I'll have her posted by Monday.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

49 Reviews

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 pm
Jony says...

@Aquestioning, Aquaman will still live in Atlantis, the only person thats not a sidekick living with the team is Alfred and he acts like a team babysitter. But if you meant if he can visit the cave, yes he can, every hero can. Oh and remember when you're creating your character, that he/she will be an Atlantian like Aquaman.

-Jon7670

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:34 pm
maleficent says...

Oh, I don't know how I missed the history part.
I sort of read through everything quickly, got excited and then got carried away.
Haha, that's fine. :)
"Beware the darkness in your heart. The Heartless prey upon it."

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:38 pm
Redfang18 says...

Honey, we all get excited.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

49 Reviews

Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:15 am
Jony says...

Okay guys, I got a request for Deathstroke to be one of the mentor options. He is up as one of the options now but since he is a villain, his (ex) sidekicks have asterisks next to their names and special conditions. Right now there is two spots for him but one spot is reserved by @DarknecrosisX since they requested Deathstroke. If you want to read more about the special conditions for his sidekicks, I posted it in the main SB, under Team Openings.

-Jon7670

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:41 am
MariaRowlands says...

Um, I was wondering if maybe there could be a Starfire or Beast Boy group? They are heros from Teen Titans and I have recently found out that Beast Boy is in Young Justice. As is Static and Robin. And if this is possible, can I join?
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:44 am
Shadowlight says...

Okay If it's alright Green Lanterns apprentice is going to be female.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

49 Reviews

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:44 am
Jony says...

@MariaRowlands There is no Starfire or Beastboy or any sidekick from the DC universe in this SB. In this SB, every sidekick is original and created by us. So that means Robin never existed, no sidekicks from the actual comic-books ever existed.

I do this so every character of ours has a clean slate to start off with and I just thought it would be more fun and original for every sidekick in this SB to be made by us.

I think I explain this a little more clearly in the main SB post, if you still have questions.

And of course you can join! Just read the main SB post and choose what mentor you want your character to have. All the rules and everything is in the main SB post so if you have any questions just read through that post again and if you can't find an answer there, just post it here and I will try to help out as best as I can.

Sorry if this was a lengthy answer to your question but I just want to clarify things as best as I can.

@Shadowlight Yes it's okay for *Green Arrow's apprentice to be female! And for anyone who might have a question like that, any sidekick opening (except for one, read the main SB post for more details on that) can be any gender.

Phew... long post, I hope I answered both of your questions! If you have any more just post right here in the DT and I will answer as best as I can. :D

-Jon7670

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:48 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Profile is ready to go up, just don't want to jump the gun or anything so I'll wait for you to give the go ahead Jon.

I noticed you said this is the first storybook you've properly run, so I'd like to offer a helping hand should you need any help or advice. It's great to be a part of this storybook, and I'm looking forward to getting started.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

if ya mention chickens, i have to show up, that is the law.
— alliyah