Time Turnes Backwards DT

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:35 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

I'm getting another post ready!
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:56 pm
Iggy says...

So. I'm sorry I disappeared off the face of this SB. Forgot I joined. <_<

Anyone wanna catch me up, please? :)

I can get a post in once I know what's going on.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:38 am
artsy says...

@Ignorance

So right now we're planning on getting our characters to a festival on the winter solstice and we're basically going from there xD
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:14 am
therealme says...

@Ignorance I'm afraid that probably the only way for you to know everything that's going on is to read all the posts in the DT and storybook.
But to be brief, there's a single comment I wrote only a while ago in the DT that explains our goal:

therealme wrote:The Quebec Winter Carnival in Canada

It is known as the biggest winter festival in the world. The festival's events include a winter amusement park, with attractions such as skiing, snow rafting, ice sculptures, fireworks, snow sled slides, outdoor shows and street parades. Normally the carnival is held in February, but in our storybook it can be held in December as that is when the actual winter solstice is on.

If you would like extra information about the carnival here is a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_Winter_Carnival

So this is how it'll work:
All of us will end up going to the Quebec Winter Carnival, whether we like it or not. Maybe because of destiny? Maybe because of coincidence? Maybe because it's just a really big festival and everyone is going? It's up to you to figure out how and why your character gets there. This way our characters can each be in their preferred countries at the beginning and we won't have to all agree on only one country.

What happens once we get there?
The carnival will be held on the 21st of December 2012. Our characters will simply enjoy (or not enjoy) the festival and all the wonderful things happening. The Carnival is a night-time event (as the night will be the longest of the year) and it will start roughly around 6pm. During the fun mood of the party the characters may or may not run into each other (it doesn't really matter at this point in time).

Then at 11:11pm that night, thing start getting awfully weird...
Time freezes. It just stops; everything stops. Except you. The entire world is frozen still. People are in mid-jump - hovering in the air, the liquid contents of a cup that recently got knocked over is stretched out in motionless droplets, and you're just standing there looking at it all like WTF. Time is frozen for perhaps ten seconds until everything starts moving again, going back to normal. You ask people if they saw what you just saw, but they shake their heads and look at you as if you're crazy. Eventually you doubt yourself and wonder whether you've just had a little too much to drink or something. The hours drag on and nothing out of the ordinary seems to happen, until you notice that the sky is getting lighter a lot quicker than it normally would...

How will your character react to this?
The majority of the characters will most likely think that morning is near and that time must have just slipped away from having so much fun. If your character is smart however, they will notice that the sun is rising from the west instead of the east, kind of like time is going backwards (and it is, but they don't know that yet). Over time the characters will feel as if they're experiencing some kind of déjà vu and start to ask themselves questions.

But wait a sec, how do the characters meet up?
Clocks. Whether it be their watch, a grand town clock, or a cuckoo clock, as long as it has three hands and ticks it shall lead the way. The idea is that right after 11:11pm that night, clocks start behaving weirdly (or weirder than normal). Every clock in about a ten foot radius of each character begins to act like a compass, pointing to the nearest three people who also have the ability to not grow younger (the hour hand being the shortest distance away, the minute hand being the second shortest, and the second hand being the furthest of the three). This is how we will all come together to start our great journey.

Any questions or suggestions? Please let me know :)

There are also a few other things that have been discussed, like for example, the different side effects each character possesses that each have something to do with time.
My advice is to read all the posts :) as tedious as that is haha
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:03 am
View Likes
ShadowHunter says...

@therealme, what sort of activities will we have at the winter carnival? I also have no idea what my weird time related side effect will be, I was thinking something along the lines of my character getting sort of dyslexic when looking at clocks and writing down dates.
It is not the dark, but the unknown that we fear.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:08 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

I'll try to catch up either tonight, or probably tomorrow.

Happy 4th of July, Americans! ^-^
- Lewis Carroll

60 Reviews

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:24 am
therealme says...

@ShadowHunter all the information about the Carnival's activities is in my last post.

Random avatar

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:13 pm
ShadowHunter says...

@therealme, thanks! Sorry I missed it on the first read through.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:34 am
Iggy says...

I'm so sorry, @therealme! My grandparents had a power outage at their house and spent the night here, so I lost my bedroom and couldn't do anything SB related. I'll definitely catch up and get a post in tomorrow, I swear!
- Lewis Carroll

60 Reviews

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:44 am
therealme says...

haha okay that's alright :)

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:46 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

*charging up a post.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

45 Reviews

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:38 am
artsy says...

Anyone else thinking of posting or should I go ahead and add to the chain?
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

Random avatar

Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:54 am
ShadowHunter says...

Go on and post, it's been a while since anyone posted, so I think we are all just waiting for someone else to post first.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:25 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

*pokepoke*

Hmm, I say it's time we start the whole time turning backwards thing! Anyone else think so? :)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

45 Reviews

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
artsy says...

I vote yes. Anyone wanna start the time lapse of going to the carnival first?
~
Will Review For Food

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic