Confusion DT.

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:03 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

The SB.

All non-SB post posts go here!
Last edited by StoneHeart on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:27 pm
View Likes
Jonathan says...

Checking in!

Reserve a place.
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

303 Reviews

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

^^ Place reserved.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:10 pm
Jonathan says...

Thanks.
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:03 am
Camulaeus says...

I like the sound of this - Can I register as a magical creature? I'm working on my profile already :P
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

303 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:49 am
StoneHeart says...

^^ Place reserved!

Remember to be creative, but don't make your creature TOO powerful. He/she has to be beatable.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:40 am
View Likes
Camulaeus says...

Name: Fá Draca

Age: It's hard to keep track in the ocean, but he has just recently fully matured.

Allegiance: Anti-Dern

Race: Brimwulf (Wolf of the Sea)

Skills/powers: As a creature of magic, he has an innate sense for spells, and is good at locating and tagging specific auras of individual magicians. As an aquatic mammal, he can retain air for hours, has incredible strength and toughness in order to survive deep sea pressures and can swim faster than any ship can hope to sail. Aside from razor sharp fangs and claws regularly used to eviscerate other sea creatures and the stray sailor, Fá boasts an inner and separate sac, that can retain up to three gallons of water to be launched at high pressure against a foe, or heated into steam for stealth or combat purposes. His skin is tough enough to shrug off the stray arrow, but can still be punctured with a well-aimed jab or powerful axe blow. He can move quickly and silently, whether in the sea or in a ship, and can, over the course of a couple of minutes concentration, assume the same colours as the environment around him. This chameleon effect is broken if he makes any rapid movements.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Cunning and mischievous, Fá immediately comes across as impish. However, a brutal side lies just beneath the surface. He is a lithe and merciless hunter of the high seas, taking what he needs and what he wants. He is intelligent enough for humour, and has little trouble understanding speech and communicating with others. His heart is won by those with a killer instinct and absolute resolve, as he knows better than to get in the way of those intent on achieving their goals by any means necessary. He'll gladly be loyal to he with a tiger soul, resolute in his mission.

Weaknesses: For all his hunting prowess, Fá is more suited to lurking in the shadows than fighting in the field of battle. He takes to long to kill a single enemy, others can easily swarm him. Additionally, he dries out if out of water for extended periods of time. The conditions heavily impact this, for example, he would last a matter of hours in the hot sun of the desert, but a few weeks in a cool, damp cave.

History: Fá is the last of his pack. Once, undiscovered by the creatures of the surface world, brimwulves lived peacefully, surviving off dolphins and the occasional whale, until a Dern batteship harpooned one accidentally while whaling. Amazed by this strange creature, they quickly discovered the magical properties of it's blood; once lit, it could burn on water - similar to Greek Fire. After a few disastrous experiments, the Magicians of Dern finally weaponized the blood, and demanded a new supply. Brimwulves were hunted to the point of extinction within days, as Dern soldiers could hold their breath for twelve times the amount a regular human. Only Fá, with his unique ability to blend into his surroundings, evaded the hunting groups. Now, he lives in the shadows of the sea, bitter against Dern, but often succumbing to his childish ways, toying with ships and their sailors, but staying away from most of the fleet. His one fear is the weapon they created with the blood of his kin, and discovering some either drives him into a murderous rage or a silent depression.

Weapons: He himself is the weapon.

Up for love?: He'll love you like a pet dog.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:03 am
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Can I reserve a place as a normal human living in Dernland as a criminal and a traitor?
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

Random avatar

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:49 am
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Also, can Derns have children?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:58 am
View Likes
maleficent says...

Getting my profile done now! :]
"Beware the darkness in your heart. The Heartless prey upon it."

303 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:19 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

Sure Kay!

And yeah, Derns do have kids.

* Black is annoyed because he hasn't even finished his own profile.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:24 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

I will post a profile soon!
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

Random avatar

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:33 pm
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Here you go then :)

Name:  Solaris Armandi (Nicknamed Sol)

Allegiance: None

Race: Human

Skills/powers: He can kill quickly and silently if he can get close enough. Sol is also a master at picking locks and slipping out of impossible situations with his skills acquired through years of thievery.

Appearance: He's short, thin, and flexible, basically built like a gymnast. The lines of age are beginning to crease his face, but his eyes still sparkle a bright green. His skin is a deep nut brown and his black hair is cropped close to his head. He likes to wear loose clothing that's easy to move in and is generally colored in a shadow gray shade.

Personality: Utterly serious. Sol doesn't have the time or desire to make jokes. He can be a bit blunt and harsh, only showing Celestia his soft side. Don't make the mistake of thinking him kind, though. He's happy to kill a normal human for money, although he swore to himself he would never kill a child. He's grown more careful over the years, always making sure he won't get into a situation he can't squirm out of.

Weaknesses: He's a normal human in a land controlled by Derns. Big weakness right there. He's aging, and he knows sooner or later this will cause him to slip. And if anybody ever hurts his little Celestia, he will tear them apart or be killed himself.

History: Sol was born in Senetra, near the coastline. His mother was a mage and his father was an ordinary human. Soon after his birth, his mother was killed in the war and his father moved with him to the interior of the continent to start a farm. Sol grew increasingly curious about the stories he heard of the Derns as he grew older. He wanted to know why everyone considered them complete and utter evil. When he was thirteen, he met a Dern child, several years younger than he an completely lost and bewildered. Sol talked with him and became convinced his new friend wasn't at all evil. Of course, soon his father found out about the child. He and a few other nearby farmers called for the aid of a mage, and they got it. The child was killed. Afterwards, Sol confronted his father about it, who maintained it was for Sol's own good that the child was dead. Sol pretended to calm down and accept his father's reasoning, but when his father let his guard down Sol took a large kitchen knife and stabbed. His life of crime had begun. For several more years he ran, still too afraid of the stories to venture over the Dernland border but not willing to forget his childhood friend and stop his thievery. He believed the law would never come after him, since they had more important things to do on the Dernland border, but he was wrong. In his twentieth year they caught up to him, and he fled across the border, knowing otherwise he'd hang for his crimes. They stopped chasing him, believing the Derns would kill him like anyone else. But they recognized the look of a hunted man, and allowed him to stay on one condition-he only rob the other side, the Senatrans. He agreed fearfully. Years later, a Dernish friend brought him a human child, a girl and the only survivor of a Dernish raid on her village. His friend explained that his orders had been to kill every man, woman, and child, but the girl wasn't a child, she was an infant. He added that he thought it better she be raised with her own kind, and gave her to Sol. The girl's ten now, and Sol named her Celestia. He's beginning to fear the aging that's happening to him now, because he knows if he slips up and gets caught, as becomes ever more likely, he'll die, and nobody will care for the child he left behind, not even his Dernish friends because if their masters ever found out, they'd be forced to kill the child.

Weapons: He has knives hidden up both sleeves, in his boots, and one in an obvious sheath on his waist. When he thinks he might get into a situation where he'll fight from afar, he'll bring along a good old bow, but he doesn't on his usual thieving expeditions.

Up for love?: No:Asexual and aromantic. If someone wants to flirt with him they can, but he'll never return it.

303 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

O.o Camul! That was a truly impressive profile, you did a VERY good job.

Now seeing as you just returned this isn't a problem, but I'd really like it if you could post it on the SB thread. You know the bar off to the right? Well, there'll be a 'create new character' button . . . :D

Simple.

You did a great job going along with the story.

Great Lady!

*Examining profile now Kay. >> Same thing as with Camul though.

303 Reviews

Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:29 am
StoneHeart says...

AWESOME profile Maleficent! I really love it!

However, remember, magicians powers are very carefully controlled! Things CAN'T go wrong when you use them . . . it's not like some random KABOOM and 'whatever' happens.

I'm posting my profile here >> I have a thing for chaotic minds. ^^

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle