z

Young Writers Society

The King's Quest DT

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat May 11, 2013 10:12 pm
Craz says...

As a heads up, I'm most likely not going to be able to post this weekend ( my computer is down ).
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun May 12, 2013 2:34 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

onedarkhorizon wrote:@Griffin

I just have a question about the dragons, you said they'd be used for re'con missions. Are those going to be frequent? I really liked the idea of having a character with a dragon, so it's initially why I joined.

I even made J.P. a little unique, so without him, she's just going to use hand-to-hand combat. That's going to get a little repetitive when I assume the Azak's have weapons of some kind?

I thought about including somebody training her with a weapon, but I doubt that will help since everybody was asked to be there because of their various skills. :/

My concern is that the dragons will make fighting boring, so that every fight turns into: "Look, a bad guy" followed immediately by the bad guy getting incinerated. This would be a lot more boring and repetitive, not to mention noticeable. This would be a major concern if there was just one dragon... and we have five.

@Ignorance: I enjoyed reading Michael's bio and I'm just letting you know how Marlon's character will react to that piece of knowledge, at least at first. If Michael doesn't heed his warning and laughs in Marlon's face, then Marlon will simply smile and walk away while humming cheerfully. If he can't prevent Michael from having a weakness for Titch, Marlon's next thought will be how he can exploit Michael's weakness for Titch. Plotting against annoying jerks like Michael gives Marlon a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun May 12, 2013 5:43 am
Iggy says...

I think you and I are going to get along quite fine, Griffin.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun May 12, 2013 8:46 am
Skydreamer says...

Woahhhhh! A lot has happened since I last posted...sorry I'm so behind, but the school year is still on, and in fact ending and I have been REALLY busy trying to complete some stuff.
@Griffin Could it be possible for Imara to return with you since she left with you? That way after your next post I can just post about whatever happened when you guys were gone? You don't have to include her too much if you don't want, but little conversations would be great!
@Ignorance, Pokit, Hopkin, and onedrarkhorizon the whole thing is sooooo cute and funny :P!! :D Just please don't forget the others.
And everyone else, Imara would like to communicate more, and perhaps when everyone starts traveling she will.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 13, 2013 3:34 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Why do you guys keep posting spoilers in the SB? I mean, those type of posts go in the DT, if they don't have any role playing in it. >_>
- Lewis Carroll

Random avatar

Reviews: 28
Mon May 13, 2013 5:47 pm
View Likes
Hopkin says...

That's a good idea, I only did it after I saw Keipie do it, I will for now on do it only in the DT! It makes the story feel more like a story without interuptions. ;)

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Tue May 14, 2013 12:23 pm
onedarkhorizon says...

@Ignorance

I wasn't sure how Michael would reply, so I just ended my post there.
If you want, you can carry on from there and include them getting ready for the journey too? :)

Reviews: 3
Tue May 14, 2013 3:05 pm
Pokit says...

@Ignorance
if you don't like what I wrote, then why don't you tell me to re-write.
I kind of just whipped that out, and was prepared to change it. I thought you wanted him to deffend Titch, but to be a Jerk at the same time. maybe the knife wasn't his character, I was over doing it on purpous, because my character annoys your guy.
what do you want instead?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 14, 2013 3:47 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Nono, Pokit. It's fine. It's too late to change it anyways.

@onedarkhorizon: I loved your post! ;)
- Lewis Carroll

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Wed May 15, 2013 11:12 am
Craz says...

@Griffinkeeper: Would the bags be equaled out for everyone to carry some or are the dragons carrying the supplies?
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed May 15, 2013 5:02 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Personal gear, such as blankets, clothing, and weapons are carried by the respective people.

Group gear, such as food, cooking gear, tents, lanterns, etc. is divided up among the group. The lightest stuff would probably be given to the women, heavier gear would be given to the men, and the heaviest would probably be given to the dragons.

In the event that a dragon is engaged, it would be handy for the gear to have a parachute, so that the dragon could drop the extra weight in favor of greater speed and maneuverability, without destroying everything they were carrying.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon May 27, 2013 1:35 pm
KeiPie says...

Hey guys, I have horrible news! (well good in a way bad in a way)...
I was accepted in a summer internship but I won't have internet access... I leave in two weeks. So I feel really really horrible since I started this SB, but I mean this internship is two months and it's in Africa! So Gfiffenkeeper you can probably keep this story going. You seem to have a good idea of where it is going. And either you can kill off my characters or continue acting them or whatever. If you guys are still going in August when I come back, I'll join back in. I feel horrible! So sorry!
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon May 27, 2013 3:53 pm
View Likes
Dakushau says...

I hope you have a good time in Africa. We'll miss you!
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

Random avatar

Reviews: 28
Fri May 31, 2013 10:21 pm
Hopkin says...

Bye! I had a lot of fun writing with you~ See ya ;)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 31, 2013 10:24 pm
Iggy says...

Oh sweet reply button, how I missed you.

So, Griffin, are you in charge of us hooligans now?
- Lewis Carroll

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher