z

Young Writers Society

Journey to the Safety Zone DT

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Sun May 05, 2013 12:41 pm
barefootrunner says...

What's the scream, littleauthor? *bounces in anticipation*
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun May 05, 2013 1:23 pm
littleauthor says...

I thought that we could have another mutant attack so its a recruit screaming. But this time the attack is huge and people will actually get hurt.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

304 Reviews

Sun May 05, 2013 1:34 pm
barefootrunner says...

Okay, let the killing begin!
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

Reviews: 1
Mon May 06, 2013 12:05 am
View Likes
MrWinters says...

If any body ends up needing a prosthetic arm or leg, I'de be more than happy to oblige. :)
And while we're on the topic of future events, I was thinking that at some point it would be interesting if the group found a person who had been partially mutated. It would add another level of mistrust and drama (which we obviously need ;)), and they could either become a "regular" member of the group or die in some later big event, such as more bandits or becoming a full blown mutant.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon May 06, 2013 12:09 am
NicoleBri says...

I love the idea!! :) It would be cool to see a person from the group be partially mutated and stuff like that :)
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

Mon May 06, 2013 12:53 am
MrWinters says...

Maybe have someone's arm get mutated and try to kill them. I would love to see how everyone would react to seeing someone fighting with their own hand. :)

Spoiler! :
On a seperate note, I might or might not have recently watched the old, horribly age inappropriate, Evil Dead movies. (The main character's hand gets posses and they fight for abut ten minutes. After cutting it off, he replaced it with a chainsaw, and later a robotic hand.)

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon May 06, 2013 1:02 am
therealme says...

Great idea! And this partly-mutated person should get really close to us and gain our trust and then when the mutation spreads one of us has to kill the person and it will be really sad and dramatic because everyone had become friends with that person.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

304 Reviews

Mon May 06, 2013 6:21 pm
barefootrunner says...

Are you going to have Q's leg cut off??? Nooooo!

304 Reviews

Tue May 07, 2013 4:45 am
barefootrunner says...

Don't worry! I would have told you if Ayumi was planning on dying! I wouldn't just walk out on you lot! :D Well, at least Jeydon has sort of made up for all the trouble he's been causing in the camp. Not that Ayumi is going to like him now...

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue May 07, 2013 5:31 am
winterbites says...

Ahhh, good!
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Tue May 07, 2013 10:40 am
View Likes
therealme says...

omg barefootrunner you are a genius! that poem at the end of your last post was the best foreshadowing ever!

at first i was like 'NO! AYUMI'S GOING TO DIE!'

but then i read the poem and got the hint :) "Though little fire grows great with little wind, Yet extreme gusts will blow out fire and all."
you were referring to the poison! a little bit of the poison won't kill ayumi (and would in fact cure her), but if she drank it all she would die.
'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!' haha (it's a song guys, calm down).

oh, and i love William Shakespeare :D
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

304 Reviews

Tue May 07, 2013 2:40 pm
View Likes
barefootrunner says...

Yep therealme, you got it! I wondered who would!

Tue May 07, 2013 10:25 pm
View Likes
MrWinters says...

barefootrunner, thank you for being the one to make Q's new leg a weapon. I had thought about saying it before, but I wasn't quite sure if it would work well. I guess now I have to find some new tricks that can be done with it. >:)

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue May 07, 2013 11:19 pm
littleauthor says...

Oops, I already found all the tricks :3
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

Tue May 07, 2013 11:36 pm
View Likes
MrWinters says...

Are you sure you found all the tricks? Just remember, Winters is already an established trickster. ;)

No one achieves anything alone.
— Leslie Knope