z

Young Writers Society

Arranged Marriage DT

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:45 pm
yubbies21 says...

And here is the list! Drum-roll please.....

Shonelle will be engaged to Tim/Zain

Aria will be engaged to Landon

Menora will be engaged to Daerys

Blair will be engaged to Demitri
beep

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:46 pm
yubbies21 says...

Nobody has taken those spots yet. We won't start until those spots are taken, but I don't think it will take too long.
beep

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:50 pm
Cole says...

Wait, did you see I asked for the King of Draconia?

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:47 pm
guineapiggirl says...

Hello.
I'm sorry to have to do this but I don't really want to be in this SB if you're going to disallow homosexuality. I wasn't going to make my character gay but I think that not allowing gay characters is just making there less interesting plot lines. I also don't really understand the decision to not allow homosexuality. Even if you don't agree with it, it exists, and it's interesting for plots. I love homosexual characters in my novels. A homosexual relationship between two of the princes/princesses in this storybook would have been a great plotline and, if it was discovered, could have really made things interesting with the marriage arrangements, particularly if any of the Kings or QUeens had been against homosexuality.
I'd also just like to mention that I'm a Christian and I don't really understand where you're coming from with that decision for reasons above.

I'm sorry to have to leave. I hope you guys who are left enjoy this.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:22 pm
KeiPie says...

Hey! Sorry I've been totally out of this DT... But I'm checking in :) My character is the princess from Draconia, Blair.
And @AriaAdams, Blair and Dae are both kind of dark characters and I think they can get along really well. I really want Blair to look up to her older brother a ton and talk to him about everything.... What do you think?
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:23 pm
crossroads says...

I would normally absolutely love it - however, as I've informed yubbies, I agree with almost everything guineapiggirl just said above, and hence I'm no longer participating in this SB.
It's not about wanting to fight for gay rights or discussing religion, but about making twists in the story..and I like making my twists in the way this SB's creator doesn't approve - so I've decided it's on me to leave and find (or make) myself a different place to do it my way c:

Same goes for a few others, whom, I'm sure, you will all hear from.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:31 pm
Auxiira says...

I agree with Aria and guineapiggirl on this point. I've just informed yubbies that I will be leaving too. I had a few interesting ideas, but I'm pretty sure that they'll be rejected, and I feel that it isn't very fair on the SBrs to reject ideas so finally like that.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:01 pm
Alvarin says...

I ditto above speakers and will be leaving as well.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:11 pm
LadyPurple says...

Can Della be a widower if nobody takes the King of Yililia?
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:48 pm
Blackwood says...

It truly breaks my heart to say this </3
as I was rather looking forward to this storybook.
But alas,
I must also withdraw myself.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:09 pm
Craz says...

I withdraw also, and I really hope that someone will make another SB like this so all of us withdrawing can continue with our characters. Its nothing personal yubbies, but there were homosexuals in the middle ages and restricting anyone with a homosexual character or idea is also restricting the SB. I hope we can be fellow SBers again in the future yubbies, but I withdraw my character over this specific topic.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:14 pm
littleauthor says...

I'm with the others on this one. Sorry but I'm leaving. </3
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians