30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:18 pm
View Likes
Alvarin says...

Name: Rede Tieto
Race: Human
Ancestor: Logos (Reason)

Appearance: He's tall and thin, with very good posture. Most often he just looks calm and happy, but he can take on a quite stern expression when he wants to. Though he likes to keep himself neat he always has smudged ink on his hands and a bit of dust on his clothes.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Rede is a very confident, calm and rational person. He has a calculating mind which keeps him a step ahead of everyone else. He has a photographic memory. He never does anything without thinking it through first, something that might make people think he's slow to act. He values logic and intelligence above everything else, and if someone doesn't understand what he's talking about he'll go out of his way to explain it. Teaching is what he does for a living, and he has a hard time letting go of that role when he's outside the classroom.

More sociable people might find him boring, quiet and dry, and it is true that he seldom laughs at other people's jokes or participate in conversations that don't interest him. He's more of the type that will sit in a corner by himself, chuckling quietly at their jokes when they aren't looking. Rede has no children of his own, but will often act fatherly towards younger people, especially if he thinks they need guidance .

History: Rede grew up among the aristocracy. His father was a noble who had inherited both wealth and power, and his mother was the daughter of a very wealthy merchant. He always had everything he wanted, except for knowledge. That was the only thing he ever had to work for, so he quickly got his dad to exchange his tutor to a university professor. He read and studied all the time, and when he was old enough he attended a university. He stayed at the university for years and years, until his father grew tired of covering his expenses and used his influence to get him a job as professor. When Rede's father died he inherited the fortune. Now he teaches, but spends more time in the library with the dusty old book than he does in the classroom.

Other: He can recite every book he has ever read, and is like a walking library.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:55 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Alright, crew.

Now we're more or less all here, I figured to inform you about a few things.

Perhaps the most important of all, we shall start the SB tomorrow (that being Monday, at some reasonable time) - if anyone has objections or for some reason won't be around for a while, do let us know before that, please c:

Now, the SB shall be started by Ita, with an important part of the background story. I will then put up the official first character post, and from there we shall see what happens. All the information and OOC posts are to be placed in this DT, meaning the SB would only contain the actual posts.

Also. In the beginning, we shall all be attending an execution - by attending, I mean observing, and I'll make sure to include everyone in some way. If you have any special requests as to where your character should be, let me know now, while I can still change that post.

About what will kick off our story..

There will be a person (a side character, not one of us) who knows of everything.

That person will be aware of what happened before, and won't wish to see the world changing once again - meaning, to stop it from happening, s/he will instruct us all to kill each other.
Your character is, hence, to get a name (or a couple of names, if so you wish) and some believable enough explanation as to why to kill that person. The meaning of how the characters get those information, as well as whom your character will be hunting, is something you come up with yourselves. (But make sure everyone is included - and more people can be targeting the same person)

Of course, the point of that isn't to have our characters actually kill each other before anything even starts. The point is to have them interact, their lives touching, their futures bonding, them finding out about each other.

They will, naturally, get together eventually, and their powers will appear and grow stronger in the process.

That'd be it for now, and do ask if you have any questions. All the details I shall put in my post, so writing it all here now wouldn't make much sense c:
~

Now let us think of who gets to have to kill whom, and then get to plotting x3
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:23 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Name: Leo Forte
Gender Male

Appearance: Almost six feet tall with a fairly bony body. Slight beard with white hair.

Spoiler! :

Race: Human, Earth God descendant (I think)
Personality: A reserved fellow who likes to laugh and loves to have fun. Nothing is more fun to him than the strange tingling of excitement.

History: Grew up poor. Got separated from his mother at a crowded market when he was young and has been alone ever since. He survived by childishly robbing fruits from carts and by picking the apples off of farmers trees.

Other: He doesn't exactly know about his powers, but he knows about the supernatural stuff that happens with him. Once he knows, he'll give his all to learn how to use them.

Spoiler! :
I'm lazy. Please tell if what I have to fix.
Last edited by veeren on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:38 am
View Likes
Ego says...

Name: Raimi Gautreaux
Height/Weight: 6’ / 180lbs.
Ancestor: Eros - Passion
Appearance: Prefers long, lavish, flowing clothes in bold, warm colors - lots of crimson coats, cloaks, and robes. Has a propensity for fine things, frequently his clothes are spun with exotic fabrics, furs, even precious metals. Golden blonde hair often appears to change with his mood, appearing to grow more wild and voluminous when his moods are high and falling flat when they are low. Eyes are a startlingly intense amber - no matter the emotion conveyed by them, it’s always perceived as by far the purest and most unbridled of its kind.
Race: Touched - essentially human, descended of something much greater.
Personality: Volatile. All extremes everything. There is no middle ground when it comes to Raimi. Definitely not a Type B personality.
History: Family is a wealthy - if not terribly public - social institution in town. Raimi’s name is an alias as to not offend or insult his family, whom he loves dearly and respects above all others.
Gear: “Pyre & Crackle”: Twin, hand-carved Magitech “dueling wands,” each powered by a tiny elemental of significant - if limited - strength. The elementals - immortal beings of natural energy - are contained in enchanted flasks, each with a tiny opening at one end - only large enough to coax a burst of element - either lightning or fire - from the elemental, through the hollow, enchanted oaken wand, and emitting from the tip. Each has limited use, as the elementals contained are small and are easily drained of their strength.
“Shimmer”: Long, basket-hilted broadsword. Blade etched with gold leafing and basket encrusted with a large Ruby and smaller diamonds. As decorative as it is, it’s equally practical.
Tips:
- Raimi, while volatile and expressive, is very intelligent. He is not prone to starting fights he can’t win with force or wit.
- Raimi’s emotions are expressed clearly and without filter. He lacks subtlety.
- Raimi prefers ranged combat with his wands. He has a distaste for getting blood on him.
- Raimi is a rather flamboyant and sexual being. Feel free to play him as such. He’ll flirt with anything with a heartbeat, shamelessly.
- If you're not sure, ask me. If you want to run dialog, ask me. If you have a question, ask me. Basically what I'm trying to say is ASK ME.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:02 pm
Caesar says...

In short, we're going to be told to kill each other. This does not happen, and backlashes -- our characters seek out the prophecy with new determination upon knowing they have been played.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:05 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

SB: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=97662

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:23 pm
Caesar says...

Ego, you take the next post. Start the riot properly. ;D

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:45 pm
beckiw says...

Hi! Newbie Newberson here.

Are we meant to discuss who's attempting to kill who here?
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

117 Reviews

Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:57 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Sure, why not ^^
So far Tempé will be trying to find Archer and Raimi (one "whispers" to water and the other has magic as weapons) - honestly, Shady and Ego, I have no secret motifs, it just came to me first xD

Also I'm fairly sure that Alv's Rede will be after Tempé.
- they/them -

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:42 pm
beckiw says...

I'm still having trouble trying to think of a reason why Kiran would actually listen to anyone telling him to kill random people.

However! I read through your first post Aria and noticed that you used a sort of visiony thing to set-up the killy thing.

Would it be easier, rather than having a load of randomers running around telling people to kill each other, that this visiony thing plays more of a role?

As in...since all these peeps are linked through their Ancestors could they all have separate visions to do with that? That would make it less messy in the sense that we wouldn't have random characters running around whose sole purpose it is to go 'Hey kill this guy! LATERZ!'

I mean you could hark back to the fact that the Ancestors turned against each other and so these 'visions' are sort of their Ancestors speaking to them? Or a warning? Or trying to stop them? Or some big evil dude whose all like 'I am evil and I like to play with people toys!'

I'm not sure what would make them stop with the trying to kill thing. Maybe they're like 'Wait, you got a freaky vision too?' 'And me!' 'Duuuude...' 'I know, right?' 'Freakaaaay.'

Anyway! Just throwing that out there! The beginning seems a little too vague at the moment and just littered with plot devices rather than solid foundations.

I know I'm new to all this so I'm not entirely sure how it works but I just wanted to say that :)
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

117 Reviews

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:52 pm
crossroads says...

I agree, a bunch of random real characters would make no sense and a lot of mess - you can make it as visions, or as someone who appears real, or a dream or whatever comes to your mind c:

These visions don't quite come from the evil dude, but I suppose, especially after finding out they've all been tricked, that that's exactly what they're going to think :3
- they/them -

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:55 pm
Caesar says...

Totes speaks wise words.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Caesar says...

Incidentally, Thane will be given the order to go after Raimi. He will do so with much pleasure.

Edit: fuq orders, shit's going doooown.

Also, yes. Let's make it a city wide riot, if that's okay with you, Sis? c: good things can come out of that.

117 Reviews

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:42 pm
crossroads says...

So both of us after Ego xD Lovely.

Also quick note for all, Tempé won't be interfering, she'll leave the square, so unless you wanted to do something with her, you don't need to worry about including her in anything for now c:

City wide riot, say you.. Yes, why not.
It'll make Tempé trust her hallucination of the dead twin even more, lal
- they/them -

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:24 pm
View Likes
Ego says...

At this point, I think everyone is going after Raimi. Which sort of makes sense, given that he's the root of the situation. I already made this joke last night in the Feed Pad, but there's gonna be a TV show named after him - "Everybody Hates Raimi."
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman