z

Young Writers Society

What They Told You DT

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:55 am
View Likes
Blackwood says...

Its not like i have anything against first person, but the storybook has already been started in third person, I think it would be more confusing to suddenly change that and have some people in first and some in third. If it was going to be first it should really be all for all.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:44 pm
Omni says...

I know, but I really do have a hard time writing in third person, and the simple, just changing I to he or she does not work with my writing. I will post my post in first person.

Also, I have seen many a SBs that have both third and first person posts. Take The Survivors, for example. Most of them, like you and and basically everyone else, wrote in third person. I, however, wrote in first person. No one complained.

I assure you that it's going to be fine. I am sorry if my earlier post was rude. After re-reading it, I got mad at myself XD I was extremely tired.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:55 pm
wordsandwishes says...

I'll probably be posting in first person too. I'm not that good at writing in 3rd...

332 Reviews

Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm
Blackwood says...

Well omniyus in the survivors I was actully really confused by the beggining of your post. It wasn't bad by any means and I didn't even notice what confused me but I had to read the first couple of paragraphs more than once to get it.

Ah sigh. Just go ahead. I guess if everyone starts first person I will too. I'm more anxious for more people to post than arguing over point of view.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:07 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Blackwood wrote:Ah sigh. Just go ahead. I guess if everyone starts first person I will too. I'm more anxious for more people to post than arguing over point of view.

I always write in third person, but that's besides the point. Please understand that this isn't your SB, this is Jadefox's and if she wanted us to post in one primary POV, then she would have either stated so in her rules or told us in the DT. If the GM (Game Mod) of this SB doesn't care, then just let them be if they want to post in first person.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:23 pm
View Likes
Jadefox says...

Write in whatever is easiest for you. I didn't really care when I started this if everybody had to use the same POV. Sure it's easier to read using third, but the point of the storybook is to have fun writing it. So if you have more fun while writing in 1st or third or whatever, write it that way. Nobody will hold you back.

I just wanted to differentiate between my mistake character and Housemaster. I also hoped to show the thought process of the Housemaster by writing in 1st that is why his posts will be in 1st person.

Okay, hopefully we can put that all behind us! Let's get storybooking and have some fun with it, right?
Every book you've ever read is just a recombination of 26 letters.

332 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:55 pm
Blackwood says...

Ominyous Arijah is a boy.... I was joking in the last phrase, Ithink it would be inappropriate to leave it like that.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:23 pm
Omni says...

lol ah okay :(
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

933 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:27 pm
Iggy says...

Yeah, Blackwood, you could've told him that via PM or in the DT.. Probably not best to post it in the actual SB. I reported the posts as "off topic" to get them removed.
- Lewis Carroll

332 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:45 pm
Blackwood says...

I wanted to delete it but Ominyus has to delete his first before I can delete mine.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:47 pm
Iggy says...

Don't worry about it. They should be gone soon.
- Lewis Carroll

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:07 pm
wordsandwishes says...

I'm confused as to how I'll introduce my character...
Any ideas?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:10 pm
KingLucifer says...

Chit chatting with Kelly to see who's side and or, strike a deal to get her assisstance would do nicely. Be warned, to get, you must give.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

332 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:17 pm
Blackwood says...

You could be the doorstep person, or if you already live there you could have to hurry down and bump into the new arrivals , maybe you left a posses ion in the room ect.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 am
KingLucifer says...

I need to talk to Stella before posting again, it's in concerns about relations between Kelly and Karr.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain