z

Young Writers Society

The Legend of the Mages DT

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:01 pm
Redfang18 says...

It's kind of a mix between fantasy (magic), action (there's gonna be some fighting as the story progresses), and a little romance (why else are some folks up for love?). Right now, we're in a reborn town of San Aradia - a Western-style town where most mages roam. In this world, San Aradia's being rebuilt and almost close to the modern present time. I say about somewhere in the 1900s, where guns were still in use.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:12 pm
StoneHeart says...

Hmmm, thanks. Just checking.

Good to have that figured.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:15 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

Hey, I'll be taking Dry's spot as the Wind Mage. Profile and post will be up sometimes soon, I hope.

Spoiler! :
Name: Centhron "Cent" Allister

Mage Name: Empyreal/Stormblast.

Element: Wind.

Appearance: the first thing you'll notice about Cent is his skin is black. Very definitely black. Darker than most in fact, it seems to glow in bright light. His teeth, rather large and squarish, are pearly white and glinting painfully when he smiles, which is often. He's almost two meters tall and absolutely ripped, which intimidates people -- don't let yourself be fooled though, he's a softie. His eyes, black as coal, are often sparkling with mirth. His hair, equally dark, is shaved on the sides, but grows in a mohawk.

Cent wears blue jeans, a belt, beige leather boots, a white shirt, collar usually popped and up-turned, and a sleeveless brown leather vest. He also wears a light green-white foulard around his neck. All in all, he looks elegant in a slightly disheveled fashion. At least, he thinks he looks that way.

Personality: Cent enjoys a good laugh. He has a cutting sense of humor, which he doesn't often display himself, but is always smiling at a joke made. Sometimes, he'll drop a precision strike enough to make a t-rex quail, however, but usually, he's a silent, cheerful, mild-mannered guy. He's not a man of many words, preferring to let his smiles speak for him. You shouldn't let this believe he's afraid of speaking up however, like his precision strikes, he won't waste breath to hammer a point home when needed, where needed. Cent could be defined antisocial, however, that's not the 'vibe' people get around him (or so he thinks). He won't shy away from social contact, and will answer questions when asked. He just doesn't like wasting breath. It's far more interesting, and useful, to actually listen to what people have to say. And he will listen, and remember. Cent enjoys expensive spirits, a cigar or two in the evenings, music -- the fine life, in other words. Oh, and good jokes. Good jokes too.

There is, however, a darker side to Cent. And her name is Christina. Ever since he was born, Cent has had an extreme form of personality disorder. Specifically, a female persona he named -- or rather, she named -- Christina. She's not like Cent, really. Christina is passionate, emotional, and flighty. She won't hesitate to speak her mind, even if it could get her into trouble. Fortunately, Cent remains in full control of his body most of the time. When Christina does wish to voice an opinion, Cent will usually seem to be having an internal debate. Occasionally, he'll answer aloud, which can lead to... odd situations, for those who don't quite know what's going on. When Christina does take over (usually when Cent is experiencing great anger or another emotion), his features will become more feminine, especially the face. The episodes usually don't last long. Cent retains full memory of events, and can act up regardless. When Christina is in control, she goes by Stormblast.

History: Cent was born to a lawyer and a nurse. They lived comparatively well, but of course, his magic started to act up. Not to mention, Christina. She first manifested at an age of six. Cent's parents were very alarmed, but decided not to do anything about it. They were afraid it'd shed bad light on the family. Cent Christina never forgave them for that.

And so, after some private tutoring, Cent was finally shipped off to San Aradia. Cent's met Jack Pheral before once, a while back. Also a certain Alice Brightheart, briefly.

Cent didn't really like traveling, but did enjoy some of the places he visited. During his travels, he had plenty of time to question himself and his purpose. He knew of Jack Pheral, but personally, doesn't hold him in high esteem -- what kind of sheriff lets a town wallow in misery? However, Cent acknowledges the fact Jack is probably the only one that can teach him his magic. Thus, he's determined to learn all he can, despite his doubts.

Object For Magic: a jade-and-gold amulet he keeps around his neck, under his foulard.

Secondary Weapon: A good old pistol bow. He keeps the arrows at his belt. He's a pretty good shot at that.

Guardian Animal: a bald eagle named Cetra. She's very faithful to Cent, but has a temper when it comes to others.

Up For Love?: Yeah, straight.

Theme Tune: This is Cent's theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhHkUg-QCwk (Flim by Aphex Twin). As Christina, it becomes Mundus Theme by Noisiahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP4ldBkQvw4 . When that comes around, it's your cue to run.

Other: Nothing at the moment.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 pm
crossroads says...

Once again, apologies for being so late - I wanted the post to be written properly, and so far I had troubles with finding enough time to do it. Things in school should get calmer now again, though, so I'll be able to post normally.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

289 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:46 am
Caesar says...

Right, the same goes for me. Hence, there should be a post up today.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:14 pm
Caesar says...

I should… have my laptop back… by tomorrow.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:59 am
Omni says...

Hmm, I know I'm sounding stupid right now, but were you talking to me on that last post, Red?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

32 Reviews

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:07 am
Redfang18 says...

No. Just an NPC (non-playable character) who's scared to death of Jack for some reasons unknown. If you want, your character would be the first to meet Jack. Just don't tick him off. It'll force him to change into his Shadow Mage form and I'd hate to go that too soon.

~~~Les Miserables

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:19 am
Omni says...

Could our characters be somewhat friends? I would hate to be on someone's bad side XD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

32 Reviews

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:23 am
Redfang18 says...

They'll have to introduce themselves to each other first, since Jack's the seasoned resident of San Aradia while everyone else (save Zan) are recent newcomers around town.

~~~Les Miserables

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:02 pm
Caesar says...

Right well, Cent and Mist will be staying at the aforesaid inn.

the poor, poor innkeeper

32 Reviews

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:22 pm
Redfang18 says...

Hey, folks. What's goin' on all of a sudden? What's the hold up on the posts? Aren't anybody gonna catch up with Jack and join the fight, 'cause that's where he is right now.

~~~Les Miserables

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:13 am
StoneHeart says...

Hey Red, I've a been offline for a while here, but I just got back. T' tell the truth I seriously need to catch up on all the posts! Will get to that A-sap
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:17 am
crossroads says...

I'm tied without discussing the next posts with Ita, for as long as Mist and Cent a together *shrugs*
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Reviews: 3
Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:36 pm
Xaxas96 says...

I do apologize, I was out of town the last two days for a guard competition. And I was mad cause I had half of my post done before I left, and when I got to my hotel later that night the internet would not connect. And while working with a techy person my computer froze, so my post was lost. So I'll be posting it today or tomorrow, hopefully.

she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake