Young Writers Society

The Curse of the Marie Celeste DT

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:19 pm
RedBird says...

Y'all know what to do!

The SB: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=97051
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:55 pm
niteowl says...

What if...you don't know what to do?

Hi, my name's Niteowl, I've been around a while (on/off) but have steered clear of Storybooks. That said, I've been lurking around them lately and I find this one interesting. I'm mainly worried about the time commitment. Which is ridiculous considering how much time I waste on here anyway. :P

I'll probably post a character later today. I'm thinking a Cook/Surgeon for either ship. Dumb question: Do the people on the Llorona have to be Hispanic? I'm guessing at least the captain would be from the ship name, but the other members? This would obviously affect what ship my character goes to since I think he'll be British.

Also, is there a specific year this is set in, beyond "late 1800's"? Probably doesn't matter much, but I still thought I'd ask.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:09 pm
Alvarin says...

I should probably check in here :)

Oh, and Niteowl, I really don't think your character needs to be hispanic. If I get to be the captain (I sent in a profile, but I don't know if I'm gonna be the lucky one), then the crew for Llorona will be from all over the place, and the ship was originally part of the British Royal Navy. But as I said, that's if I'm the luck one xD
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

61 Reviews

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:41 am
RedBird says...

Niteowl, for SBs, it's generally a good policy to write at least one post a day, depending on how fast the story is progressing. Also, the crew of the Llorona definitely DO NOT need to be Hispanic in origin. They definitely can if you want, but the name of the ship is simply the name of the ship and for whatever reason, the captain has never changed it or liked the name or whatever. Depending on who becomes captain, we'll see :) As for the time period, I'm thinking early 1800s.
Oh, and I made a little addition to the rules of the SB that I forgot yesterday, so remember to check that...
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:55 pm
Shadowlight says...

May I try to get a position as cooks help or cook on Niccos ship please?

EDIT: wait changed my mind. Can I try for cabin boy please?
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

61 Reviews

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:41 am
RedBird says...

Go ahead :)
~Snape, AVPM

42 Reviews

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:46 am
Shadowlight says...

I will be PMing you my profile momentarily!

61 Reviews

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:56 am
RedBird says...

For cabin boy, you can just post it :) the only ones I need PMs for are the captain, and the two first mates.
~Snape, AVPM

42 Reviews

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:00 am
Shadowlight says...

Oh SWEET!

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:16 am
Leahweird says...

Checking in here. I'm auditioning for a first mate, but we'll see what happens :3

30 Reviews

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:17 am
Alvarin says...

@Shadowlight OMG Emmy Rossum! :D I'm going to use Ramin Karimloo for my character xD
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

42 Reviews

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:09 pm
Shadowlight says...

.......Are you serious?! XDD Phantom pics take over the world!!!!

30 Reviews

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 pm
Alvarin says...

Yay, a fellow Phantom fan! And in the same SB at that. And with a character who looks like Emmy Rossum. I think I might start crying :')
― Thomas Harris

42 Reviews

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:27 pm
Shadowlight says...

*Offers tissue*

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:50 pm
crossroads says...

Alvarin wrote:@Shadowlight OMG Emmy Rossum! :D I'm going to use Ramin Karimloo for my character xD

I might go with Gerard Butler, while at Phantom(s)....

Yeah, I think I'll join. I'm weak and it's interesting, sue me :p I didn't think I will, as I have a lot on my mind, but then I figured I've been stalking the SB for new posts and thinking of what I want to happen with my character, som yeah. Hi. :mrgreen:

Is the Captain/first Mate on the Llorona still open?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables