z

Young Writers Society

The Conflict DT

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 pm
AdventurerDaniel says...

If there are any questions please direct them here. Also after the Story starts I'll be directing people here to post Profiles.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:53 am
View Likes
Alvarin says...

Oh, look! There's a DT for this :)

I just wanted to come with a small suggestion:
Our characters are spread around the continent, so I suggest that we bring them together as soon as possible. For example, some of you could start with a sick or wounded character and bring him/her to my village. Or your character could simply accompany someone who is sick/wounded.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:18 am
Rydia says...

My character will be heading for a town having got bored of village life, but I'll have her pass through someone else's village on the way since she's very remote.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 am
KingLucifer says...

Someone's Village could be near Phantom's Forest, heck travelers or young village men could try and challenge Phantom to battle. But ultimately fail for specific reason that if they don't realize quickly they will die.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Reviews: 3
Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:54 pm
Satan says...

@Alvarin,

I'll take you up on that suggestion, since I was kind of wondering how all the characters were going to congregate anyway. Asabelle's teacher could be sick or s/t and she could be bringing him to Eajra.

It would be handy to know where the countries are in relation to each-other, though -- is Mare Arbores right beside Montibus Caelum, or is there a great plain seperating them, or is it on the other side of the continent or???? (i'm p handy with maps, so if I knew where everything was I might be able to sketch something up for a reference??)
frickdamn, son.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:02 pm
Omni says...

I think the first and possibly the second should have how we got there or a part of our past before the battle in italics and then the actual part of getting to the battlefield in regular print, so we don't have to have very long introductions before we get to the battlefield.

Also, I think we should have someone, an outsider that isn't an actual person playing him/her, come talk to each and every one of us and tell us that we have been selected to die for our cause, so to speak. That could also be in italics.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

28 Reviews

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 pm
AdventurerDaniel says...

The countries sorry I should have explained general relation and distance the dwarven mountain country and it's territories lie primarily to the north. The Elves forest and associated countries are to the south. The Vivere Materiales territory commingles with the human territory in between the two there's an associated middle territory known as the neutral ground. All races regardless of alignment or clan they belong to are welcome there and combat outside of specified areas, this is where the battlefield and the champions come in, is considered strictly forbidden.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:17 pm
DiskElemental says...

Anyone have a problem with me not filling out the history and hometown sections? It'll give me something to do while you're all off fighting a war.
A man without a plan, or anything else for that matter. (Except a review thread).

28 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:01 am
AdventurerDaniel says...

Well diskelemental what do you mean exactly I don't understand.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:40 am
DiskElemental says...

Since my character is both neutral, and away from the center of the action, if I don't fill out the history and hometown sections, I can spend time showing everyone else what's up up with him/her instead of telling y'all the information upfront then having nothing to do.
A man without a plan, or anything else for that matter. (Except a review thread).

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:03 pm
Satan says...

Also, I think we should have someone, an outsider that isn't an actual person playing him/her, come talk to each and every one of us and tell us that we have been selected to die for our cause, so to speak. That could also be in italics.

Oooh, if this is A Thing That Happens, I've got an idea for my character,
They could be coming to see her teacher, while she's bringing him to Eajra, but since he's sick/dying she could take his place (or pretend to be him if that's not allowed.)
Would that be fine/plausible?
frickdamn, son.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:48 pm
Omni says...

When is this starting anyway?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:59 pm
Satan says...

omniyus wrote:When is this starting anyway?

The thread appears to say February eighth, but that was also yesterday, ahaha.
frickdamn, son.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:59 am
Omni says...

I like how everyone is using my line on their letters -_-

Lol, just make sure the inside of your letters are personalized. I'll try to find an explanation for the letters.

-Rydia, if you want to go through my village, you can. (My village is pretty far out there too, so we might be able to meet along the way if you want.)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:01 pm
Satan says...

@Alvarin

Quick question -- are the elves of Eajra allowed to give out their names, and/or will Gilrawën tell Asabelle hers?

I just don't want to make her do something out of character, ahah
frickdamn, son.

"Sometimes even shooting stars find wishes that miss their marks."
— TryHardNinja