z

Young Writers Society

Zharia: City of Ruins DT

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:00 pm
thestorygirl says...

Okay, I posted!
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:08 pm
Firestarter says...

Cool! I'm going to post later today and help power the plot forward.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:41 pm
seeminglymeaningless says...

I'm confused why everyone is introducing themselves to each other? We've been on the same ship for several weeks (read: at least a month). We should all know each other by name now.
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:46 pm
Sassafras says...

True. And plus people keep saying that there are other people within sight, but no one is really walking up to the other people.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

377 Reviews

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Basically, I thought Firestarter was a genius; he removed the need for individual "I'm Bond, James Bond" scenes AND he ensured people started without their prized possessions, meaning we were vulnerable as a group until we managed to get some supplies somewhere.

I thought it was a marvellous way of starting the story at an important point, past the time for introductions. Really, everyone should know each other's name, and some alliances should have already been forged.

I assume that's another reason why Firestarter was waiting, to allow us time to build up our "friendship network" here.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 pm
AlfredSymon says...

Have any idea when should I post? As in my character comes to them unexpectedly, you know, lies that he was sent by the consortium just to join the group for his own selfish means. :D
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:02 pm
Rydia says...

Just a note: my char is going to be buddy buddy with everyone. I should hopefully have time to post tomorrow! But your characters probably find him irritating, we will see!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:05 pm
Firestarter says...

Not sure I'm a genius but I was hoping to avoid people having to do the awkward introductions, and I thought it'd be really interesting to have the group very vulnerable early on.

It would be cool if people could edit their posts to show that people knew each other already -- a degree of familiarity would be present, and as seeminglymeaningless says, there'd be some alliances forged already.

I'm going to post tomorrow evening when I get in. I've got an idea for a longish post which should help bring the group together and lay the plot out so we can start working together to see what happens next.

So if you'd like to look over your posts and make sure they make sense with the fact that your character has spent several weeks on a ship with everybody else in the storybook, that'd be awesome.

Apologies for my lack of effort in helping this prosper, I suck and I'm sorry. I promise to be better!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 pm
thestorygirl says...

I edited. Is it all right?
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 pm
Alvarin says...

Edited mine a bit.

Any one want to be in a alliance with Terry/Tara? :P
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:50 pm
Firestarter says...

Apologies once again everybody. I've dropped the ball on this quite a few times and the storybook has suffered for it, which has been so kindly pointed out to me privately. I was hoping to spend some time on it this week but I haven't had the chance.

Anyway, I think it would be better if I withdrew from "running" it. You guys are all talented enough to come up with ideas without me. Go wild. The storybook is suffering because people are waiting for me to post, but really, you can discuss it in here and do whatever you like :) I relinquish my creative control. I'd like to stay, but it seems like there's a need for it to go quicker than it currently is, and I can't promise that.

Sorry again, and good luck with it.

EDIT Feel free to assume Stanndrik died in the shipwreck, or leave it ambiguous.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 pm
Rydia says...

I'm happy with the slow pace and couldn't keep up with anything fast to be honest! Stick around; it'll die without you. If people want to post faster they should post.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:32 pm
Elinor says...

This is really bad timing, but I'm afraid I have to drop out of this SB. I've been busy with school and other stuff - best of luck to you all!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

377 Reviews

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:15 am

Sorry, so what does this mean? The owner of the SB is dropping out?

The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.
— Shakti Gawain