Young Writers Society

The Time DT

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:34 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

So, hello. :mrgreen:

You can find the Storybook here ~ http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=96330
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:40 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Questers! Beware the terrible wrath of Aria!
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:34 pm
View Likes
Alvarin says...

Checking in!
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 am
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

When do you plan to start this? When there are enough parts?
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

117 Reviews

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:14 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

FermentingFruit wrote:When do you plan to start this? When there are enough parts?

When there's enough Questers, as without them it just wouldn't make much sense. There will be about enough of you now to start, I believe, but I'll wait for you to post your profile before telling you what your quests are.

And I surely hope people will still join after we start, as there are slots still available :mrgreen:
- they/them -

44 Reviews

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:31 am
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

Well I just got my profile down :)

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

44 Reviews

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:08 am
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

Why are we getting our quests in a PM? To save space? Because we'll have to talk about it in our story, so other people will know.

-Happy Gilmore

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:02 pm
RedBird says...

Checking in! Also, I don't know how well my Internet connection will be over the next few days, so if you start before Monday and I don't post, that's why. I will catch up and post as soon as possible!
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

Reviews: 0

117 Reviews

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:26 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

FermentingFruit wrote:Why are we getting our quests in a PM? To save space? Because we'll have to talk about it in our story, so other people will know.

Well, actually it would be better if, at least in the beginning, other people don't know about your quest. Of course you will talk about it, but I'm sure you can do it in a way it's not obvious. You know, like, if you get to find a teddy bear (random, I know), you can write about thinking how stupid you think the quest is, or something in lines of "how hard can it be to find such object?", without really sharing everything with the others :smt001
But really, it's your choice. If you want to make your quest known to other people, you surely can talk about it in that way. After all, though the writers will know, their characters won't until your character tells them (except for the Cocks).. It all has its ups and downs ^^

I'll post another character (or two) today and think of the quest for you guys. I don't have them quite planned, as I didn't know of your characters before, so it may take me some time. Oh, and apologies if it turns out some are harder than the others :mrgreen:
- they/them -

117 Reviews

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:30 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Just realized I never said this.. We're talking about mid nineteenth century, around 1860s (Valérie's quest started around 1866.).. Feel free to add to your stories any known names (like I did with the baby son of the Wells'), just watch for the years to match, ok? :)

I'm sending you your quests in about half an hour for sure ^^
- they/them -

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:55 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

I'm excited for this to start! But I'm a bit confused, are all the characters going to some timezone or a different world all together that none of them is familiar with?
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

44 Reviews

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:25 am
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

They all are going to the same time, same place, victorian london. They may know a little bit about victorian period, but shouldn't have gone to Harvard to study Victorian Englad. That's what I assume.

-Happy Gilmore

44 Reviews

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:27 am
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

So now that we have our quests, is it time to start? :)

-Happy Gilmore

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:45 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Aw what? I didn't get a quest. D: Probably because I'm a late comer.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
— Euripides