Young Writers Society

The Lost Ones DT

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:27 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Hi everyone! This is where all discussion for The Lost Ones will take place.

- This SB will begin as everyone is picked up from the airport for the first day of on location filming. You've already filmed all of the scenes that take place back in the states with no issues-- this has been done by the director to lull you into a sense of security.

- I want to leave how the characters interact and how the plot progresses up to you guys. This is what this thread is for! I want to start as we collectively make discoveries that this movie is going to come at a personal cost, then decide what action to take. It's likely we'll have a failed escape attempt at some point in the SB.

- We'll start in a week or so, but for now let's discuss and see what we can come up with!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:29 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Signing on here for notifications. Hi all!

My character is going to take a while to convince that this isn't real and then you will regret convincing him. After that point he will be no help. He will be anti help.

Have fun xD
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:49 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Checking in! I need to decide on my character :) Also guys, I'm going to be a little inactive for the first few weeks of play- I'll post but not loads, so if my chara can just coast along for a fortnight or so until I'm back in the swing of things then that would be just peachy.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Archie has decided Theo must be his stunt double but they clearly picked a guy too tall and not handsome enough. He will be making inappropriate comments with regard to this <3
Writing Gooder

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:37 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

xDDD <3 I like their dynamic already. I think Theo's already quite famous in the acting world- he definitely knows who Archie is and he's never going to let Archie forget this.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:49 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Notes!
I make my own policies.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:47 am
View Likes
DragonGirl11 says...

Hello!
~*~

"You could look at the raindrops on your window, or you could look through the window and see the rainbow."
~K.C. Oxford

<YWS>

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:39 pm
Elinor says...

Hi guys! How does a Friday start day sound for everyone? Thestorygirl still needs to post her profile.

I was at the museum yesterday, and just my luck that there was a whole exhibit on rainforests. I took a few pictures for reference, but how is this for ideas of challenges our characters could face in the movie/for real?

- having to fight live cheetahs/other vicious animals

- climbing through the forest canopy

- swimming in the river

- 10-15 mi trek through the rainforest, only to encounter various creatures

--

In terms of escape attempts: Since our characters are all over the age of 16, we'll probably mostly know how to drive, so we could come across a jeep that researchers use, and try to hijack it, only to be caught by the original owners who don't understand the gravity of the situation. Then we could encounter a group of scientists doing research and try to run away with them, or they could encounter a group of people clearing the rainforest for a farm or something. We'll have a couple failed escape attempts before we have a successful one.

Please feel free to chime in your ideas. :)

-- Walt Disney

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:42 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Sounds good to me so long as the researchers can get horribly and horrifically killed ;)
Writing Gooder

541 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:40 am
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Parker's *probably* going to have a major crush on Theo. Just a warning. :P
Got YWS?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:44 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

I'm going to have Casey approaching her 18th birthday at some point in the storybook, because she's going to fall in love with Theo and I don't want the age difference to get too weird by the time they get together towards the end.

(ow ow Stella, you got all the cast members after you :P)

-- Walt Disney

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:23 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

That's okay, Theo loves all the attention! *rubs hands together in glee* no but seriously, he's so nice, he'll be so nice to them all. As long as somebody disdains him for being an idiot, we're good. (Or the whole cast could be in love with him. That could be fun).

He's also up for fighting, but Ellie, are there cheetahs in the jungle? Cheetahs aren't usually ones for fighting anyway, but how about jaguars, cougars (haha Theo's used to fighting off cougars....) okay so I just got really excited by the wild life. Black caiman. Anaconda. Piranha. Electric eels. Poison dart frogs- can we please have them escape a jaguar or a caiman or something only to have somebody grab one of these frogs by mistake?! Remember the animals in the Amazon can cause weird and wonderful injuries- electrocution, poisoning. One of the reasons we have to go back to camp at some point could be because somebody is severely injured and needs the medical attention back at camp.

Swimming in the river is going to be FUN, it's gonna be so teeming with nasty creatures.

A question, have we all met each other yet? Like, in the States? Or is this the first time? I'd kind of like Theo and Hannah to have worked together on a different movie, I think that could be fun, thoughts, Anneliese?

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:10 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

I'm really excited about Theo and Hannah! It would be totes cool if they worked on a previous movie together as well, perhaps even as the leads in the movie. That would give Hannah even more reason to hang all over him. I mean, talk about a hunk.

Also, I think they've all met since they're working on a movie. They went out into town for sight-seeing and things, I think? So some relationships will have already evolved by now.

And! Whose character is playing a medical "expert" in the movie? 'Cause we probably should have one, and that's the best way I can think an actor would know all about that stuff. Or we can just have them flail. I like it when characters flail.

EDIT: Where in the story's plot will the SB begin? When they're still spoiled and filming a movie? After people figure things out?
I make my own policies.

541 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:16 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Parker could be the "expert". He used to be a Boy Scout.

That role will be interesting, actually. Considering a considerable amount of the movie will be scripted, at least to some extent, all that medical know-how will be in the script. Like false knowledge. I can just imagine someone getting bit by a snake or something and someone flipping through the script like "IT NEVER TOLD US HOW TO HANDLE THIS" and Parker groaning and sucking the venom out of the wound. Because he at least has basic survival knowledge.

/rambles
Got YWS?

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
— Mark Twain