z

Young Writers Society

Cesura

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:09 am
View Likes
Threnody says...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by this thread. Here is where we can discuss the storybook, offer ideas, and compile information.

Characters:

Tillman Antaeus - ReisePiecey

Stephan Morris - Threnody (Yours Truly :wink: )

Valerie "Val" Faraday - SidereaAquila

Cecilia Felise - LemonyIce

Joanna Mason - Desticakes101

A Note About Canons:
I am open to any suggestions for additional Canons that you may have though I do not want to have too many (more than 8 ) main ones floating around in addition to a couple of rare ones as it could potentially complicate things. These beverages, created by privately contracted chemists and biologists and eventually mass marketed in Cesura, are somewhat like alcohol in that their affects wear off gradually and too much can cause side affects while withdrawal can cause violence and eventually insanity if the user is hooked. The Canons in existence so far are:

Forte ~ Brown in color, bitter taste and causes unnatural strength, this is common and can be found practically anywhere.

Largo~ Clear in color, smooth on the tongue, enables influence over water, this is uncommon but can still be found in areas that used to be spas or swimming pools.

Duolo~ The Soberer, enables the drinker to clear their head and renders the influence of any previously used Canons ineffective. This is extremely rare as it was not anticipated to be commonly used. It's existence is often questioned as it is almost impossible to get hold of.

Let me know if you have ideas for others, any requests for plot direction, clarification, etc.

Thanks, Threnody
Last edited by Threnody on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:30 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Checking in. :)
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

Reviews: 4
Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:02 am
View Likes
SidereaAquila says...

Checking in!
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:35 pm
View Likes
LemonyIce says...

I've just posted my profile, and I'm ready to go! :D
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

324 Reviews

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:49 pm
View Likes
Threnody says...

Hello, thanks for your interest! I am prepared to start this storybook later today or early tomorrow, whichever time during which I feel more inspired to write. However, due to the limited number of people, which may be a good thing or a bad thing, it's important that there is a moderate level of commitment. All I really would appreciate is good quality writing, though of course it's meant to be fun. :wink:

Also, I made a *slight* amendment to my character. I know I mentioned I didn't mind gender but the possibility for balance was just so tempting.

So, if everyone is okay with continuing, I would like to suggest that the storybook starts as the team touches down in Cesura. Expect a rough landing as the dock they expected to be intact is now in serious disrepair. In Cesura your character will encounter many different situations. Some I can list below, others you can make up as long as it would make sense in the world.

1. Blackouts. There is electricity down below but it tends to be very unreliable. Very.
2. Mordent(s). These are the empty husks of people who became addicted to Canons and are now insane. They will do anything to get their hands on Canons and they are driven by desire. They are quick, unreasonable, and extremely violent.
3. Sharp(s). The drugged up insects of Cesura. Before the Canon craze they were perfectly normal dirt dwelling insects. However, being constantly exposed to the chemical waste released by the production of Canons all sorts of crazy mutations have occurred. And after seeing what Canons do to humans, imagine what they could do to basic insect life.
4. My. Remnants of her influence remain below, including the last ditch efforts to warn people about the dangers. Signs put up by her around the city give names to the Mordents and the Sharps, as well as electrical problems and etc. However, newer signs are appearing that hint that while her dream is dead, she is very much alive, and she is looking to rebuild and "re-inspire" above ground. If this means introducing Canons to billions of people on the surface, it isn't good.

Thanks, and once more, I encourage your participation. Let me know if you have any plot ideas...etc.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

74 Reviews

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm
View Likes
LemonyIce says...

*raises hand*

How do Mordents look? Because while I was writing my post, I imagined they looked more or less like zombies. xD

Also, how are we going to defeat the Mordents and the Sharp? I was thinking of adding it into my post that Val/Morris/Joanna/Tillman throws a stone and distracts them so they turn away, but they can see can't they? So that wouldn't be right...

~Plant Life, Owl City

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:29 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

It is so like Tillman to drop the can. Poor boy, always shaking. :(
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

324 Reviews

Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:04 pm
View Likes
Threnody says...

Awesome guys, I love it so far.

I also really like Desti's idea for Mordents as I didn't have a solid idea in mind. They could be melting as many of their wounds are rotting and they don't really take care of personal hygiene. However, their frequent use of Canons has caused a sort of invulnerability to basic viral infection and the like, though without Canon they will probably die off. So, in a sense they are like zombies.

I was also thinking that, in order to survive, the Mordents have evolved to the point where they hunt Sharps for the Canon in their blood which would cause them to attack the Sharp lurking by the group.

Thanks guys, any other questions?
~ The Little Prince~

74 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:07 pm
View Likes
LemonyIce says...

I'm not sure if I should post, because my last one was two posts back...

Should I? :s

~Plant Life, Owl City

324 Reviews

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:17 pm
Threnody says...

Hello! I was just wondering if you guys were still interested in writing for this storybook because, even though I personally was rather interested in it to start, I realize it wasn't very well developed in plot but overdeveloped in details. Thus, I don't know if it's best to continue.

Anyway, thanks for everything
Threnody
~ The Little Prince~

Reviews: 4
Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 am
SidereaAquila says...

I'm still up for it. School's pretty crazy for me right now, but I'll have more time soon.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:12 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey, I don't think we know each other, but I love this kind of stuff. Aquila and I have done some character chit-chat together so we know each other kind of. I was wondering if I could join you guys. I know you have a set amount of characters right now, but I think it would be interesting if I could join. I am an active member and I think I could bring some spice into it.

Thanks!
Omniyus
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

324 Reviews

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:23 pm
View Likes
Threnody says...

Great, I'd love to get this started again, what did you have in mind?
~ The Little Prince~

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:57 pm
Omni says...

Thanks, I almost thought you would say NO!!!!! (I wasn't prepared for you to say yes, to be honest :D ) I was thinking if I could be a person who has survived in there, either a small child or a person who prepares for war like it was packing his/her lunch. S/he might have insight to My or something along those lines.

So what do you think?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

324 Reviews

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:02 pm
Threnody says...

Oh, don't worry, I'm pretty flexible! And I really like your idea, so if you want to create a profile and integrate your character into the action right now, we could definitely use that as momentum to keep the storybook going. Thanks for your interest!
~ The Little Prince~

In the winter months, gale storms in Svalbard can reach wind speeds of 130 km/h. Accompanied by or following snowfall, such storms can reduce visibility dramatically, more so in the winter months of the polar night. During these storms, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian