z

Young Writers Society

The Wonderland Rift DT

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 pm
Alvarin says...

Yeah, but it's still gone, isn't it? -.-' Well, I'm working on it now. I'm gonna need the descriptions of how Lordshire and Yamani are as leaders and what they expect from their soldiers.. Again. And I'm gonna write the summary too.

Did you guys decide whether you wanted to make some final posts? I'd at least like to know if Jubiah and Luna survived their fight xD If they're going to fight, that is.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:20 pm
veeren says...

D'aw. Oh well, I'll get right on that.
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

30 Reviews

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:28 pm
Alvarin says...

Thank you ^^ Oh, I figured I could start the whole thing by using Lordshire's words (about how the queens died and so on), so do you think you could write that as well? You don't need to post it or anything, I just want the lines :P

I've put a deadline on myself: Two weeks. So in two weeks the new SB should be up. Make sure to post whatever you need until then.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

184 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:33 pm
veeren says...

I'll probably put that in my last post (which I'll try to put up tonight).

And two weeks seems like it's right around the corner xP
I don't think I'm ready. Dx
-Plato's Symposium

30 Reviews

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:11 pm
Alvarin says...

.. 2,5 weeks? xD I need a deadline or I'll never be done. That's how I work.
― Thomas Harris

30 Reviews

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:59 pm
Alvarin says...

One little question: What title do you prefer?
A: Wonderland Rift 2
B: Through the Looking-Glass
C: Wonderland Rift 2 (Through the Looking-Glass)

And one little request: It would be really nice if you all could adapt your profiles according to this :) No, you don't have to do it now, but I thought you might want to begin.
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Based on what character?:[/b] (If he/she isn't based on one of the characters then leave blank.)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Alliance:[/b] (Whites, Hearts or Thrones.)
[b]Rank:[/b] (Soldier, Guard, General, ect. Keep it reasonable. Not everyone can be a high up General.)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Pictures are very appreciated but words are mandatory.)
[b]History:[/b] (Be descriptive. At least three paragraphs.)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Once again, be descriptive. Include strengths and weaknesses.)

[b]Weapon(s):[/b]
[b]Ability:[/b] (Nothing major. It's just to add some excitement.)
[b]Up for Love?:[/b] (Yes/no, orientation.)
[b]Other:[/b] (Anything forgotten?)
― Thomas Harris

184 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:17 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

I really want 'Wonderland Rift 2' to be in the title, so either A or C works for me :D
But if you want to give it a title then I guess C would be the best choice.
-Plato's Symposium

184 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:59 pm
veeren says...

Well... this is awkward.
I guess I did have a copy of it saved, except it was a bit older version >.<

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
The Wonderland Rift 2

Here it is, the awaited sequel to the Wonderland Rift!

The throne of Wonderland has, for the first time in centuries, passed to the hands of a man outside of the royal family.

Lord Lordshire, having driven Yamani from the throne with the help of Miranda and her underground web of Rebels, has ruled for five terrible years. Miranda was forced to hide underground, due to a mysterious illness, and after finally being cured she started gathering soldiers to help her take back the throne and kill Yamani.

Yamani hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Having used Miranda's underground web of rebels, Lord Lordshire secured the throne (I think you said that already :P). Once Lordshire ascended to power, he had no use for Miranda, the White Queen, and she was driven back underground with her rebels, fearing for her life. Yamani, the former Queen of Wonderland, was driven from the kingdom and...this is pretty hard...

....And now there are two groups of rebels fighting Lordshire, the Hearts and the Whites. The fate of Wonderland is in your hands. What side will you choose? .. Or something.

... I thought Lordshire was going to tell everyone they're both dead. Or atleast Yamani xP

Summary of the prequel:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Whites:
[spoiler]Led by Miranda, White Queen
Miranda is a difficult leader, to say the least. She expects much of the ones who are under her command, and gives very little back. She prefers to sit back and leave all the work to her soldiers, unless there's killing to be done, 'cause then she'll be running ahead of everyone else, lauging like a maniac while blasting holes in people. She's not much for planning, but sees it as a necessary evil. She'll leave most of the planning to her most trusted soldiers.

If you manage to get on her good side, she can be a real friend and is sure to give you both wealth and power when the throne is hers. She looks for effective and loyal soldiers, and a special one to help her lead the Whites.

To be a White you need to be able to handle Miranda's temper. She wants the throne, but her biggest goal is to kill Yamani, so if you've got some beef with the former queen that would be appreciated.

One little thing: As Yamani's older sister Miranda is the rightful heir to the throne.[/spoiler]

Hearts:
[spoiler]Led by Yamani, Queen of Hearts

Yamani isn't a very good leader. She tends to act on the spur of the moment, both feet first, with very little regard of the consequences that'll follow. She's also a poor team player. She's likely to send everyone else off on missions, to get them out of the way, before she tosses all thoughts of self-preservation out the window and runs off alone to cause trouble.

Her father, a tyrannical king, tried to break her of that nasty habit, but as she hated her father, his attempts did more to spur it on rather than kill it. She didn't improve until she took the throne (see her profile for details), and then it was only minimally. As a result, she is usually accompanied by Haigha wherever she goes-- and the fastest way to make her trust you is to earn his trust.

Essentially, if she doesn't suspect you of being a double-agent, and you don't try to kill her, you'll be okay by Yamani. [/spoiler]

"Lordshires":
[spoiler]Led by Lordshire, Knave of Hearts and current King of Wonderland
[/spoiler]

Character Slots:
[spoiler]Duchess - Minerva - Megsug - Hearts
White Queen - Miranda Marble - Alvarin - Whites
Dormouse - Dormouse - ShadowVyper- A slight heart leaning
March Hair - Haigha March - Alvarin - Hearts
Caterpillar - Adonis Blue - Megsug
Mad Hatter - Eran?
Cheshire Cat - Orpheus?
White Rabbit - Sionarama?
Bandersnatch -
Jabberwocky - trinity9001?
Jubjub Bird - Jubiah Roost - Pencil2Paper
Alice - Eran?
King of Hearts - Eran?
Queen of Hearts - Yamani - ShadowVyper- Hearts
Knave of Hearts - Lord Lordshire - VeerenVKS - Lordshire
Tweedle Dee/Dum -

Others (infinite number, really):
Luna Wenchester - janika[/spoiler]

Lordshire's Personal Bodyguards:
1-
2-

Throne (since he's not really 'hearts') Soldiers:
1-
2-
etc-

Rebel(?) Soldiers:
1-
2-
etc-

Profile Template:
[code][b]Name:[/b] (Character's name and the name of the character he/she is based of.)
[b]Alliance:[/b] (Queen of Hearts, White Queen or King Lordshire)
[b]Rank:[/b] (General, soldier etc.)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Pictures are allowed and appreciated, words are mandatory)
[b]Weapons:[/b]
[b]Ability:[/b] (Nothing major, but something to spice things up.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Be descriptive.)
[b]History:[/b] (Once again, be descriptive.)

[b]Up for Love:[/b] (Yes/no, orientation.)
[b]Other:[/b][/code]

Rules:
[spoiler]No god modding, obviously.
Romances are encouraged, but no explicit scenes.
This is a war, so violence is kind of inevitable, but don't go too far. You probably know where the line goes, and if you don't you can ask in the DT.
Keep the posts fairly long, at least two paragraphs.
Use proper grammar, please. Pretty please.[/spoiler]

Link to DT: [url][/url]

-Plato's Symposium

30 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:20 am
Alvarin says...

*Bangs head against the wall, again*
Oh, well.. I guess I'll just work that in with what I've already written (which is most of it) xD At least you don't have to rewrite the things about the thrones and the hearts now ;) That means that only the summary remains. I started by making a list of the most important events.

I was going to list some of the important places in Wonderland Capital (no idea what else to call the city) as well. So far I have the castle (where the thrones are), the tavern (which is now very popular among th thrones, especially the former rebels) and the former HQ of the rebels (now abandoned and falling apart). We kind of need a base for the whites and the hearts so I thought I might write up some description for the white base and if it's okay with Shadow I can come up with something for the hearts as well.. And then I'm going to attempt to make a map. Yeah, you heard me, I'm making a map. Very basic though. Does that sound good enough? Oh, and is there something more I should add?
― Thomas Harris

184 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:29 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Hm, I'd guess the hearts would be mainly in the forest, since that's where Yamani retreated to. And maybe Lordshire knows she still might be out there, so he doesn't permit people to travel into the forest.
And it really surprises me how we managed to live in this world with just a tavern, a broken down base, and a castle. xP Maybe we can make a few more eye catching locations, like a giant monument of lordshire in the middle of the town.

And I love making maps :D Maybe I can tweak it when your done with it?
-Plato's Symposium

30 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:02 am
Alvarin says...

Phahaha, you can do the map if you want. I've never done one before. I'll make some type of sketch on paint and then let you have at it. Is it bad that I like the idea about the monument? xD
― Thomas Harris

184 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:32 am
veeren says...

Sound good to me :D
And of course not, who doesn't want to admire lordshire yes. That is very bad.
-Plato's Symposium

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:45 pm
View Likes
Trinity9001 says...

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still here lol. Although I haven't really been active that much.
But I will definitely be in the new SB. ^_^
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLETS PLAY!!!!

Gavin: "I wanted us to bond over a common problem."
Michael: "But Gavin, you are the common problem"

"We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye"
-Mother Maiden

30 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:54 pm
Alvarin says...

Don't worry, I've reserved a spot for you, so Jasper is still in ;) I'm going to PM you with the new profile template :)
― Thomas Harris

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:56 pm
Trinity9001 says...

Okay, so I'm editing my Jabberwocky profile and he was originally forced to serve under the queen of hearts. But now that Lordshire is in control I'm not sure what to put him as. What do you guys think?
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLETS PLAY!!!!

Gavin: "I wanted us to bond over a common problem."
Michael: "But Gavin, you are the common problem"

"We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye"
-Mother Maiden

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote