z

Young Writers Society

The Superhero Story: DT

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:38 pm
selzilla says...

Post all your questions, character profiles, random interactions here.

I'm Selzilla. Hi. :3

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:51 am
FruityBickel says...

Character Auditioning For (Number/Name): Character Two

Name (First/Last): Ross Winchester

Superhero Name: Shadow Rose

Appearance (Picture optional, Description required): Always wears dark skinny jeans, lip piercing and has his left eyebrow pierced with two bars. Bleach blond hair with a black streak in his bangs, studded nose. Combat boots, black. Black Nirvana shirt under an open button up black jacket. He's short and tiny, really thin.

Species (If not Human): Human

Power: To Dissolve into shadows

Personality: Ross may be hard on the surface, but he's a total softie underneath. He loves anything cute, especially kittens. However, he has a quick temper and his mood shifts often- from mad to joy to mad again to nonchalant to sad to no-fucks-given, etc. He's spontaneous and crazy, a good sport when he needs to be and quick to defend the few friends he has. He relies more on his wit and quick escaping skills rather than strength.

History: Ross' parents both committed suicide when he was just one year old. Since then, he was holed up in Mr. Eretta's foster home for six years- six years of being tortured by the big kids, shoved around and forced to do heinous things against his will. When he was eight, he was sent to Mr. Johnson's- an unregistered sex offender who scarred Ross for life. Ross ran away, and when they found him again he was sent to a communal orphanage, where he got into poetry and guitar playing before running away again. He was on the run when he first tried self-destructive recklessness (drinking, self harm, etc) which by now he has long since tried to forget and not return to. By age eleven he was stamped as a flight risk and sent to the Harold County Alternative Correctional Facility for At-Risk Young Men, where he discovered his power while trying to maneuver out of a sticky situation. 4 years after that, he was sent to the Superhero League to get a mentor and learn to control his power and temper.

Up For Love: Yes, Gay.

Other: He's very touchy of his self-destructiveness and his parents' suicides.

(Plllleeeeaaasseee let me know if this is ok. I'm so nervous about posting this.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 am
selzilla says...

Oh wow, I adore your character profile. Sorry for the lateness. People haven't replied to this yet.

Posting to bump up.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:12 pm
Dragonette says...

Can I save a spot for a #4/villain? I'll have his profile up as soon as I have access to a computer ;)
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 am
Dragonette says...

Character Auditioning For: Character 4/Villain
Name: Jamie Tomlinson
Villain Name: The Puppetmaster
Appearance: Dark hair, pale skin, average height, overly skinny. His green eyes carry a haunted look, and he has dark bags under his eyes from his lack of sleep due to nightmares. He wears a knitted scarf, belt, and boots. And a mask.
Spoiler! :
theknitter.jpg
theknitter.jpg (7.56 KiB) Viewed 180 times

Species: Human
Power: He shoots out this string that, when it touches you, enables him to control you with his mind, like a puppetmaster. Anything from animals to humans to plants to mechanics he can bend to his will. And when he connects with you, you get this sort of telepathic link. It's nothing strong, like you can't mind read or anything like that, but you get a glimpse inside the other's head, like their feelings and such. His flaw is that he can't force you to kill yourself. Because he is somewhat linked to the victims brain, the part of the brain that is in charge of protecting you is too strong for him to overcome.
Also, in a lab accident (see history) he got exposed to a lot of chemicals that did a few things to him. Firstly, it distorted his mind, causing him to go mad. It also gave him a high immune system, so poisons don't kill him. And he doesn't need to eat or sleep as much (which is a good thing because his nightmares usually keep him from getting too much sleep anyway).
Personality: Jamie's life is a living hell. Imagine being in a constant drunken hang-over. Every waking moment is filled with blurry vision, buzzing noise and agonizing head-aches; thoughts are muddled together and eyes are shot. Jamie's head is so twisted and so tangled and so full of pain and madness that whenever a victim is linked to him the victim crumples to the floor and cries out in pain (that is, unless he's making them do something else), and they're only getting a glimpse of his anguished mind. Imagine having to live with that constantly!
Because of his tortured mind, he doesn't ever think things through, he just does things on impulse.
He's a villain because he doesn't know what else to do with his life or how. He can do anything he likes to anyone he likes, and he's crazy, what else would you do for a living? He loves causing confusion and chaos and wreaking havoc upon everyone and everything.
History: Jamie had a sweet, Christian lady for a mother, whom he loved very much, and jerk, crazed scientist for a dad, whom he hated. Whenever his dad spoke to him, he would insult him in some form, constantly reminding Jamie that he was a failure. He was mostly embarrassed of his son for one thing: the fact that Jamie loved to knit. His father thought it shameful for a boy to knit.
One day, his father told Jamie that he made something in the lab for him. Jamie was over-joyed that his father was, for the first time in his life, acting kind to him. His father put him in a large tube and hooked him up to a bunch of wires. When the experiment was finished, Jamie had a pack of yarn attached to his back. A string of yarn ran down his arm and wove through the gloves on his hands (both gloves and pack are fused to his skin). His father told him that now he would never be without his precious knitting supplies and that he could now control anything that the yarn comes in contact with (whether it was sincere gift or a cruel joke is unknown). Jamie ran out of the room in horror of the monster he now was. But as he lay there crying, he realized that it was his father that was the monster; he used his own son for a science experiment! Fueled by rage, he rushed back to the lab and started yelling at his dad and flinging about his strings, knocking down all sorts of glass viles containing chemicals. His dad begged him to stop, saying that he was ruining his life's work, but that made Jamie more angry. His mother heard the shouting and came down and also begged him to stop. But it was too late. Poisonous gasses were suffocating them all. Suddenly, a mixture of chemicals causes an explosion and the next thing Jamie knew is that he was waking up in the rubble of his house as the only survivor.
Up For Love: He's very much straight. He loves his women, having love is the only thing that's real for him. Some people cut themselves in able to feel something, but he already lives in pain, so that does nothing to him. But he would never use his controlling powers to rape someone, he's got that much dignity left (He's easier on woman in general, probably because his only good memories are of his mother). He's not really up for actual love, just hooking up, but you can try him, if you want.
Other: His knitted stuffed-animals/monsters are his only friends. When he's really desperate/bored he talks to them and pretends they're real.
Also, the yarn that comes out of his gloves isn't the normal flimsy string, when the yarn runs through his body before coming out, it's cased in a substance that makes it stronger.
(NOTE: A note on the god-modding thing, I really don't want to read any sex scenes with my character in it. I don't mind if he has it, but I don't want to read about it. Just state that it happened and let that be that.)
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:15 pm
littleauthor says...

Character Auditioning For (Number/Name): number 5 please c:

Name (First/Last): Alex Monroe

Superhero Name: Snake girl

Appearance (Picture optional, Description required): Alex has dirty blonde hair that falls halfway down her back and light blue eyes. She has a cute button nose and freckles dot her face. She is only 5'2 but she is very strong. She usually wears a black tank top and jeans with her favorite combat boots. You could call her pretty, but she would deny it.

Species (If not Human): Human

Power: If she spits on you or bites you, your in trouble. She has snake like venom in her spit and in her teeth. She can also talk and control snakes. Being so snake like, she has adapted to be super stealth and sneaky.

Personality: Alex has a very "I don't give a damn" personality. She is very hard to gain trust from though. She isn't afraid to tell someone how she feels, even if it isn't the nicest thing in the world. Also she is a bit of a potty mouth.

History: She grew up at her parents small cottage till they died in a car crash when she was 4. She was in the car with them, but somehow she survived her parents car flipping over and crashing off a bridge. She was taken to a orphanage till she ran away when she turned 6. She hid in a tree house her father had built for her before he died. Somehow Alex managed to survive for 5 years in the small tree house till she was found again. She was taken to a foster home and her foster parents where very cruel to her. They often whipped her with their belts and never where home because they where always so drunken. The police finally found out how they where treating Alex after 5 more years when she turned 16. By that time she had already discovered her powers and she decided just to live on her own.

Up For Love: Yup. Alex is straight and she is sort of obsessed with boys, she doesn't show it though. She will act very mysterious around a guy she likes. Guys are sort of the only people she can relate to.

Other: She is a bit conceited but she doesn't let it take the best of her.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain