Young Writers Society

Cotton DT

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

The Cotton Lurks Here

Here be a grand list of all characters, animate naturally and vengefully, and their various informative qualities:

Martha Goodall | LunaHalfLacy | ALIVE

Pepper "Peppy" Parker | Rydia | ALIVE

Ovid | Celdover | ALIVE

Alex Durell | noninjaspresent | ALIVE

Marsha Rachmaninov | barefootrunner | ALIVE

Elizabeth "Liza" Jones | KatKage | ALIVE

Edith Sowell | guineapiggirl | ALIVE

FAQ

Spoiler! :
Q: Can I still join?

A: If the SB is still running, then yes. Anyone can join at any time, and there are currently no plans to close the SB. At least, not until it's finished.

Q: Can I have more than one character?

A: Not currently. Depending on how many people join and post, this may change though. Feel free to ask again once the SB gets going.

Q: Can I be a CottonMod?

A: If you would like to be a CottonMod, let me know. There are currently FOUR CottonMod slots open. No guarantees.
Last edited by Kale on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:21 am
View Likes
LunaHalfLacy says...

Oh my xD

Dibs on the doomsday prepper kook!
When you asked me what Was wrong I wanted for dinner, I said "Nothing". But as I turned away I whispered, "Everything."

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:11 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

This looks fun! I'd like to be a survivor. I was going to leave my sanity at the door, then I realized it was already lost. :P
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:39 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

Reservations for the paranoid survivalist.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:18 pm
View Likes
guineapiggirl says...

AWESOME AWESOME THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!
Hmm... I want all the characters! I really want BaaBaa the sheep. A survivor, maybe someone who's been suspicious for a while and has been living as a hermit would be really cool... Yes.
Could I have both maybe please?

179 Reviews

Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:28 pm
View Likes
guineapiggirl says...

LunaHalfLacy- Maybe are two characters could have banded together to warn people? Idea- my socks ate my feet and you wheel me around going, "Prepare!" type thing?
One of us could be a crazy professor who's been researching it for a while, has maybe made preparations and could take some survivors in?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:03 pm
View Likes
Celdover says...

I would like to be a sheep. A sheep with a stick up its butt. A sheep with a cotton sweater as a best friend. This sheep will likely have a tragic backstory.

Any takers?
Lumi: I hate it when plans require faith in competence.
Jagged: You should know better by now.

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:50 pm
View Likes
LunaHalfLacy says...

Designation: Martha Goodall (no, she is not in any way related to that horrible monkey woman who lives in the dirt)

Skill-set: Martha used to be a nurse, and she has plenty of medical experience. She also has a lot of money at her disposal, though of how much use that would be when you're being strangled by your own clothes is unclear.
People skills is where Martha has her downfall. She can be quite snobbish and bossy. (This is the reason she's been through a divorce- twice.) She holds great distaste for almost anyone unless they are as hygienic as she is.
There is also the fact that Martha is plump and seriously out of shape.

Assets: Martha strongly believed that an epidemic was sure to ravage the world in the next five years. In preparation, she bought enough sanitation supplies and medicine to fuel a small hospital. Her house, in which she lives alone save for her wonderful Kitty Loopy, has an airlock and the only way to get inside is to stand in that airlock and be sprayed from head to toe with disinfectant. And then you need to take off your shoes.
Since her doomsday predictions were wrong, she is willing to give a very small amount of her medical supplies away to people in need. She also has a lot of food stored up in case she needed to hide from sick people.

Starting Location: Arising early and feeding her dearest Kitty Loopy.

Guinneapiggirl- I laughed really hard at the "Socks ate my feet" thing. I made my character earlier this morning, but she is a nurse so she can save you and use a spare wheelchair xD
When you asked me what Was wrong I wanted for dinner, I said "Nothing". But as I turned away I whispered, "Everything."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:58 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Designation: Pepper Parker "Peppy"

Skill-set: Peppy is very into the environment and has been encouraging people to wear natural cotton clothing for the last couple of years. Unfortunately this means she has absolutely no clothing on the day of the outbreak and must resort to defending her dignity with household objects. It also means she is suffering from a huge change to her world view, how could friendly, natural cotton possibly not be her friend?

A good word to describe Peppy would be 'oblivious' but she also has this wonderful ability to just keep going whatever happens. She's also obnoxiously peppy which is possibly where her nickname coms from! Not optimistic I'd like to add, but peppy. She can even be peppy when she's crying uncontrollably about how unfair the world is, she just does it in such a peppy way!

Assets: A book on how to save the environment which she follows religiously, her vegan cookbook, a wooden spoon and her extra strength nail polish remover.

Starting Location: In closet.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:02 am
View Likes
Celdover says...

Designation: Ovid

Skill-set: Providing valuable wool to naked humans, eating the next generation of cotton (AKA cotton seeds), slicing and dicing things with her super sharp teeth (namely human throats), pooping on annoying people.

Assets: Ovid's unique abilities to murder unborn Cotton as well as unsuspecting humans makes her an ideal assassin for either the human or cotton side.

Starting Location: Naked without her wool and slitting the throat of her shepherd while he sleeps.
Lumi: I hate it when plans require faith in competence.
Jagged: You should know better by now.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:20 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

I know that I'm probably getting a bit ahead, but I reckon the cotton should win. Man, I've even got ideas for a sequel to this SB swirling around.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

96 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:46 pm
View Likes
noninjaes says...

Designation: Alex Durell

Skill-set: Alex doesn’t have many skills. The ones that he does have includes knitting, tying knots, and hiding. Though, he can make just about anything from tin foil, just look at his metal-wear clothes that he wears all the time. Alex is also very good at attracting attention, though he can’t control who or what that attention comes from. Really, he can’t even control when he attract someone or something’s attention. He’s also very good at forgetting things. This is the reason why he has just about everything for an apocalypse except matches, lighters, and gas. Alex is also very good at babbling incoherently, do much so that he forgets to speak English most of the time.

Assets: Due to his extreme paranoia, Alex has a blast-proof bunker filled with wool, tin foil, water, and food hidden under his house’s swimming pool. Unfortunately, he is lacking all fire making implements and only has electricity when someone gets on his bicycle rig and starts pedalling. Alex does have a surplus of batteries, an extreme one that is, though he is extremely insistent on not using them at all.

Starting Location: Hiding in his secret apocalypse bunker.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:54 am
View Likes
barefootrunner says...

Designation: Marsha Rachmaninov

Skill-set: Marsha (56) is a retired paraveterinarian and dryland musher (dog-sledder) who lives with her team of fourteen wolfdogs and Seppala Siberian Sleddogs. Facing discrimination from the male majority of mushers, she has learnt to be tough and feministic, but this has also made her insensitive and aggressive. She loves her dogs above all—injure a member of her team, and she will pursue the offender and castrate them with her large, shiny emasculators. She is used to having her orders obeyed.

Assets: Marsha has her team, her Kevlar mushing cart, some items of synthetic clothing, lots of shed dog hair and the remains of her supplies on her cart for the next trek. Unfortunately the cotton wool in her first aid kit destroyed most of her equipment, including her matches and gas stove etc. She also has her feared emasculators, which she grabbed instinctively to fight off the advancing cotton wool.

Starting Location: Outside her house, hitching her team to the cart to check the tension and positioning of the straps.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

179 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:56 pm
View Likes
guineapiggirl says...

Okeydokey LunaHalfLacy! Profile for this up soon :D

96 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:03 pm
View Likes
noninjaes says...

So, when does posting start?
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights