z

Young Writers Society

War Of Myths DT

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:47 pm
roostangarar says...

http://encyclopediamalazica.pbworks.com ... an%20Imass

Anyone wants to know more about the T'lan Imass, or the world of the Malazan Empire in general, here you go.
I hae but ane gallant son, and if he were to follow me in my footsteps, how proud I shall be.

Time isn't a straight line. It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff

Reviews: 2
Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:01 pm
EchoingThunder says...

Well I made up Shadow Dwellers!

:P

However, their main weakness is that only powerful ones can survive in sunlight, and even then, that is for a very limited time. They can torture peoples minds, but usually this uses up all of their energy, which then leads to their demise. Stronger Shadow Dwellers such as my character is stronger than its underlings, but is still rendered useless both in sunlight, and also if cannot locate the presence of a target.
"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days; recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!"

-Charles Dickens

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:01 pm
Lothbrok says...

If they're any space left would I be allowed to take a place?
If at first you don't succeed then destroy any evidence that you ever tried

Reviews: 2
Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:27 pm
EchoingThunder says...

That you would have to ask the leader... which would be Z03Kill3r.
"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days; recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!"

-Charles Dickens

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:02 am
Griffinkeeper says...

How Gryphons Attack:

A gryphon attack is always characterized by stealth and speed. Typically they approach by air, as air gives them the greater speed for striking. However, if weather conditions are bad, they will go for a ground attack.

Gryphons prefer surprise attacks. As a result, they will usually strike at targets that are turned away from them. One favored tactic is to use one gryphon as a striker and the other as a decoy. The decoy draws the targets attention, while the striker ambushes the target from behind, often from a tree.

Gryphons are wary of melee weapons, such as swords, axes, and other sharp instruments, mostly because they are long enough to strike a gryphon before they can get close enough to do damage.

This is beginning to change though. With the arrival of refugees, the gryphons have begun to gain access to new weapons. One such weapon are battle claws. These metal talons are attached to their regular talons, extending their striking range and allowing them to block a sword or axe strike with their talons.

Another new weapon are firebombs. These are, in effect, large clay pots filled with oil. Before dropping them, the gryphons light them. When the pot impacts, it covers a large area with oil, which catches fire quickly.

Gryphon mages are a special case. Capable of casting magic while flying, they can be a very dangerous addition to the battlefield. They are frequently used for a variety of purposes. One is to cast spells that makes objects lighter. This allows a gryphon to carry more weight, for a certain duration of time.

Another form of magic is a general control over wind. Gryphons often give themselves a tailwind, to make flying easier. Abrupt shifts in wind might be weather, but it might also be a sign of a gryphon attack.

Mages are also able to focus wind for more specific tasks. For instance, if a volley of arrows was launched at a mage, they might form the air to make it heavier, slowing the arrows down. Or they might cause a sudden gust, throwing the arrows off course. In some cases, mages use the air to help them throw small stones at extreme velocities.

Some gryphon mages can toss fireballs, making them potent gunships, but such ability is rare. The most valuable gryphon mages are those with healing abilities. These air healers are able to move quickly and restore gryphons to health quickly. These are frequently deployed in combat search and rescue operations.

Next time, gryphon strategy.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:10 am
LunaHalfLacy says...

Unfortunatly, I am going to change my mind at the last minute and pull out of this SB.
When you asked me what Was wrong I wanted for dinner, I said "Nothing". But as I turned away I whispered, "Everything."

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:45 am
Caesar says...

Sorry for the late post, but it's up to the Vennerites for now.

What Scylla was sent to retrieve was a spellbook, highly prized by Urolox. They have several plans set in motion to retrieve it, the others will be hinted at in case this one goes awry. Then, if they can, they'll torch the city and come back later for corpses, picking on the survivors as they flee.

But my next post will hinge heavily on whoever posts next. So yeah.

Did I adress how demons fight? I'm pretty sure I did.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

5 Reviews

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:37 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

I have to ask...what is my character meant to be doing as (and this may sound whiney) I feel that my character has been a bit left out. Please respond ASAP.
I want to see you choke on your lies,
Swallow up your greed,
Suffer all alone in your misery.

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dq9q6afIP8

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:15 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

This is Tamen's plan.

Phase 1: Assault objectives alpha and bravo. Capture any supplies, destroy any wagons or left-over supplies. Soldiers, upon completion of their mission, will then disappear into the woods, emerging to attack supply convoys. After a week, they will be picked up at a designated LZ.

Phase 2: Bomb command posts. Rocks and fire will be dropped on Command tents, from altitude.

Phase 3: Following completion of phase two, left over ordinance will be directed toward the bridge between Liike castle and the mainland, preventing an easy approach and drawing out any assault, from either army.

Phase 4: Triple R: Regroup, Recover lost units, and Return to base.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

5 Reviews

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:48 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

Okay, this has not helped me, as during the planning post my character was not involved and my character has also gone walkies to a random spot to practise his swordcraft, and now I'm stuck for what I should post next.
Swallow up your greed,

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery

289 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:30 pm
Caesar says...

Very well then. Let's discuss.

Where had we left off?

5 Reviews

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:32 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

During the Peacekeepers planning, my character was left out, and I had to post to show that I am committed to the SB. My character is now in the middle of nowhere practising his skills. Any ideas?
Swallow up your greed,

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery

289 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:35 pm
Caesar says...

Well he seems pretty useless at the moment, as I take it he's rather far away from Liike.

However, you could have him move towards the conflict so that he can arrive as 'last-minute reinforcement' or something.

/just a thought.

5 Reviews

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

Thanks for the suggestion.
Swallow up your greed,

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery

289 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:39 pm
Caesar says...

Very welcome. You're pretty much useless at the moment, in the situation you are. :P

The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13