z

Young Writers Society

War Of Myths DT

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:11 pm
Caesar says...

Not quite, as I pointed out in the SB. There, of course, would have been limitations. There always are, unlike the flagrant godmod DNX allowed. The demons lack number, they make up for it in power.

But now, if this isn't cleared, and godmod is allowed... who knows?
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:26 pm
roostangarar says...

I see it is time for a compromise to be reached. Very well, let it begin...
I hae but ane gallant son, and if he were to follow me in my footsteps, how proud I shall be.

Time isn't a straight line. It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff

289 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:28 pm
Caesar says...

Unfortunately, the offending party doesn't seem to wish to reach one. I won't budge, of course, until I get what I want or a suitable compromise, naturally.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:30 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Folks, please hold your posting for a moment.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:55 pm
roostangarar says...

Bit late for that mate.
I hae but ane gallant son, and if he were to follow me in my footsteps, how proud I shall be.

Time isn't a straight line. It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:26 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

I think we need to get some things straight.

1. The storybook creator is not a moderator of any kind, unless they happen to be a member of Big Brother. As the creator of the storybook, they are able to influence the course of the storybook and they are able to create the rules. They aren't given any power of enforcement. Storybook creators are given no special powers or privileges.

2. When we signed up, we did so knowing that Z03Kill3r and DarknecrosisX would be co-running the storybook. So, by doing this, we did consent to being governed. These folks have authority, even if they don't have power.

3. Because we agreed that these two people would be able to run the storybook, they also get to decide what god-moding is, and what isn't. In this respect, they are arbitrators.

Again, we decided to work with them, but the decision to do so isn't binding at all. No one is going to get banned for disobeying a storybook author.

Storybook authors do have influence though, and they can take certain steps.

1. They can tell the other storybook writers to ignore a post. They don't need a reason to do this, but generally people will only do this if there is a good one. For instance, if a member is god-moding.

2. They can ask authors to ignore all future posts from an author. This is one tactic for dealing with a member that is rebelling against the storybook author's authority.

While these two tactics are possible, they are rarely used. First, because there is rarely that level of dissent. Second, because most things are easily resolved in PM's, chat, etc. and finally because it often leads to the targeted member leaving the storybook.

At any point in time, a storybook writer can leave a storybook. So if you don't agree with the way the storybook is being run, you're welcome to leave and create a storybook of your own and run it the way you want. It's always an option.

Leaving is the best option if there is a disagreement. If things turn into a flame war, then a moderator (not myself, but a neutral mod) would intervene and take measures to stop things. This can include locking threads and banning people, it's most unpleasant for everyone involved. You wouldn't be banned for defying a storybook author, but flaming is definitely grounds for being banned.

So, let's stay civil please.

Here is what I think is happening.

We have multiple authors, writing for characters that are at war with one another. People take their characters very seriously and some are so invested in their characters that they take extreme action to prevent humiliation. I know I feel a certain amount of protectiveness for my gryphons, and I wouldn't be surprised if other writers felt the same way about their characters.

What helps is when you have decisive leadership. When a storybook leader says "The winner is going to be..." or "we're taking this storybook in this direction..." it helps put people on the same page. We haven't gotten that kind of guidance yet, from either leader, which probably accounts for the chaos occurring now. This is what is known as a power vacuum.

When there is a power vacuum, more powerful personalities try to fill that vacuum. In the absence of direction, ItalianIllusionist has taken over the entire Traumeris front, I've taken control of the Peacekeeper front (more or less) and nobody seems to know what the Vennerites are up to. It could be that my information is out-dated, but that's what it looks like to me.

Giving direction isn't very difficult and can be done in a sentence or two. An example would be "Traumeris gets the book but lack the key, Vennerites get the book key, and the Peacekeepers get Liike." Short and simple direction can provide writers with the focus needed.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

289 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:24 pm
Caesar says...

Of course, Grif.

You make sound points. It's quite silly of me to cause such disruption.

Therefore, if we do not reach a compromise, I'll use the only power I have and withdraw from this.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:27 pm
Caesar says...

Grif makes a sound point.

Therefore, if we do not reach a compromise, I will use the only power I can avail myself of and withdraw from this.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:18 pm
View Likes
Z03Kill3r says...

Sorry I have been away for a while, my exams have been awfully obstructive. As for you, Richard, I leave you in charge for a few days, and this is how things go! Never mind, I see that Italian has clearly been confused, so let me reiterate. DNX and I DO NOT allow God-modding, I stated this in the very first post of the SB. I have read about six PMs from Dark addressing me on this whole issue. Italian, Dark had told Tyrant to do exactly what he posted (or so he told me).

I agree with what he did, the book that you were going to gain possession of was clearly a way to Godmod within the actual storybook, and the fact that the 'spoilers' has littered my storybook has already annoyed me. So, here is MY compromise:

You play along with what has happened-Perrinni and the Peacekeepers now have the book of ultimate destruction which I never authorised. Or, you can get out of my storybook; I've already have another interest for this SB, so you won't be hard to replace.

And as for what you have said to Tyrant, which Dark has so loyally informed me of, I will not allow such things going on in my storybook, so that can stop now too. Italian, it is now time for you to decide, stay in or get out.

Rant over. Once again, sorry for all the troubles my absence has caused, I hope we can now continue.

Z03
Take your time- hurry up,
choice is yours don't be late
Take a rest, as a friend,
as an old memory.

Nirvana
Come As You Are <3

Reviews: 4
Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 pm
View Likes
SidereaAquila says...

Z03 and Dark--

So sorry, but I'm going to withdraw. I'm too far behind, and I don't want to hold anyone back. Again, very sorry.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:54 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Okay, thanks anyway. :)
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:41 am
Caesar says...

ZO, you clearly did not read my continuous warnings on how the book would have strict limitations, which you conveniently ignored and went on with your godmod. Since your 'loyal DNX' has clearly allowed this godmod, I'll be withdrawing, as there's obviously no form of justice or order in this SB.

With that, I bid you goodbye.

5 Reviews

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:30 am
View Likes
Z03Kill3r says...

So I can clearly expose this child as mistaken and thoroughly ignorant, I allowed no such Godmod, and, according to Dark, he had not seen it until yesterday along with Tyrant during school.

Neither of us could stop the preposterous 'legendary book of ultimate power' until it was actually created by you, WITHOUT such permissions. The DT was set up specifically to decide how the SB would plan out, and you formulating plans without agreements was not to happen. You can bitch about the rules as much as you want, but this doesn't change the fact that this is my FIRST storybook; am I honestly supposed to know how to deal with every situation that could possibly arise? I would say no to that question, and nobody can honestly say they could with the very little experience on this site. Trust is a two-way-thing Illuminist, so don't start acting like everything's working against you, the reality is you have problems with acting appropriately and then complaining that you can't get away with assuming total control of the SB.

What I think you are truly angry about is how Tyrant and Dark both outsmarted you and maintained control on the plotline, and if this is the case (which it certainly seems so considering the clear explanation I've given above) you need get over it.

Now, guys, let's get back to the SB.

:D Zoe
Take your time- hurry up,
choice is yours don't be late
Take a rest, as a friend,
as an old memory.

Nirvana
Come As You Are <3

5 Reviews

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:18 pm
View Likes
Lothbrok says...

Hi, I just joined with the approval of DNX. As a note the Vampires aren't Twlight or True Blood or Underworld style. Good old fashion Bram Stoker style ones. Inhuman strength and speed, can survive sunlight but is weaker in it, only just above the level of a human. They can walk on walls and hypnotise people, though i've taken out the shapeshifting, that just seemed too overpowered. They are strongest just after a feeding and if they go long without blood they get irrationally angry and violent before going near feral if they do not have any for prolonged periods of time.
If at first you don't succeed then destroy any evidence that you ever tried

5 Reviews

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Lothbrok says...

With II gone, how do we progress from here?
If at first you don't succeed then destroy any evidence that you ever tried

Once you have people's attention, you have a greater responsibility to tell them something of value.
— Tobias Forge (Ghost B.C.)