z

Young Writers Society

War Of Myths DT

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:06 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

I disagree, the Vennerites have launched a ground force, Tenebris could make his skills useful in engaging the assault. Also I would like to see a bit of support from my fellow Venerites, especially Siderea considering she has not commented yet.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:35 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Tenebris is probably in one of the raiding parties. The gryphons are attacking a village behind the Vennerite line, where their supplies are concentrated. It could be that there were more troops here than were anticipated, or perhaps a sentry let out a warning.

The orders given to the raiders was to raid supplies, destroy what you couldn't use, then retreat. So Tenebris isn't under any obligation to hold his ground.

From the reading, it seems like the Vennerites are moving to attack Liike, where the Traumeris are heading. The Peacekeepers have no ground forces inside Liike, or at either encampment. They're only present on the outskirts of the enemy encampments, and their orders are to leave both encampments when things get dicey.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:04 am
Griffinkeeper says...

A quick note:

Part of a gryphon's training involves striking targets in mid-air. It simulates attacking a gryphon, a dragon, or any other air creatures. A levitating Traumeris demon would be easy prey. If they tried to swing a sword, they would start rotating around or flipping, making them even more vulnerable.

Things get worse when there are air mages. At that point, the demons could be levitated right into a hurricane force wind. Under different circumstances, the Traumeris castle assault would be textbook.

Reviews: 4
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:52 am
SidereaAquila says...

So sorry for not posting sooner! I'm at a camp, and I thought I'd have internet often, but I won't. I'll post whenever I can. Again, sorry!
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:18 am
Caesar says...

Right, Grif.

But I think that this charade has gone long enough. I've moved things along, as you can notice.

Urolox now has the book, and his remaining forces are trapped in a castle while the city burns. The flames will create powerful updrafts, and this will make it harder for the gryphons to dive-bomb anything.

Sorry I controlled the Shadow Dwellers, Echo, but you aren't posting much... so yeah.

I'll tell you that Urolox's forces won't be attacking much, unless they need to defend, not until Urolox deciphers the book. What will happen when he does...? I'll reply to that later. For now, let's just say demons will be a tad stronger than usual.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

863 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:10 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Have we moved from being at war in character to being at war out of character?

289 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:16 am
Caesar says...

Alas I don't understand that. Elaborate?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:05 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

I believe people are mostly commenting in third person. And what I believe he means, Italian, is that you are assuming the position of multiple characters.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:48 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

I am. I do 3rd person, and I haven't seen anywhere that it's not okay.

However, since the battle was away from Urolox, I couldn't see how I could post without externalizing myself. I did forewarn people in my first post. I don't know how this is a mistake (apart from me not actually using my character, yes), and I have, when possible, included my character.

I didn't do it because I felt like it, I did it because it was necessary. I apologize if this was somehow a mistake.

If it makes people feel any better, then I'll now post exclusively as Urolox, though I don't see how I'll be able to fight unless somebody brings the battle to him.

Wait wait wait.

Tyrant just posted. Apparently, he has a book in his possession. This can't be the book I was after, of course, because I clearly state Urolox has it. Scylla teleported to his castle, for freak's sake! It would have been impossible for Tenebris to obtain the book.

If you think I was somehow godmodding, then perhaps somebody should have spoken up beforehand, because I certainly don't recall anyone saying anything of the sort, and I repute Tyrant's post godmodding, as he did not consult me before posting. It foils my whole plan, everything I had set up!

Please, I'd like clarification ASAP. If Tyrant did not actually refer to the book I speak of, then sorry for this rant. If he does... then somebody has a lot of explaining to do.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:56 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

Hey...I got permission from DNX and as far as I am aware, he is a/the moderator for this SB.
I want to see you choke on your lies,
Swallow up your greed,
Suffer all alone in your misery.

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dq9q6afIP8

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:39 pm
Crow29 says...

Tyrant, you can't explain for toffee. Long and short of it, Italian, he had already taken the book and replaced it with a decoy. Correct me, Tyrant, if I am at all mistaken.
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9IJVoFR_Q

5 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:47 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

You are correct Crow.
Swallow up your greed,

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:59 pm
Crow29 says...

Whoop whoop!
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9IJVoFR_Q

289 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:03 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

Long and short of this, that, of course, whilst being an interesting twist, was really not... for want of a better, less childish word, fair.

You might have told me. You chose not to.

So I wonder, what stops me from playing exactly the same trick? What stops me from, say, having infiltrated the Vennerite forces and murder all of the leaders, minus you guys, naturally? What stops me from winning by causally omitting crucial details, as you just did, without warning?

We could work out a peaceful compromise. Or we could turn this into flame wars. I'm quite prepared to do both, really, it's up to you.

And if I end up getting banned from this, now that would also be quite unfair. You should have told me this, I would have found it an interesting twist and worked out a compromise. Now, however, it's a blatant insult, and I take offense.

5 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:09 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

You would of murdered everyone anyway with the book, because it increased your power by ten-fold, so to speak.
Swallow up your greed,

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery

i got called an enigma once so now i purposefully act obtuse
— chikara