z

Young Writers Society

War Of Myths DT

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:05 am
DarknecrosisX says...

So, Z03 asked me to create a DT for her because she doesn't know what to do, so here I (and it) am/is. I would firstly like to ask all participants to post for confirmation, especially now the notifications are back. Here, we will discuss, suggest, negotiate, etc our course of action within the SB and make it so we don't damage relations and furthermore the storybook.

Once everyone has posted for comfirmation, we will begin our discussion.

Until then... well... sit tight.

Regards
DNX
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:45 am
roostangarar says...

FIRST!
(Do I get a cookie?)
I hae but ane gallant son, and if he were to follow me in my footsteps, how proud I shall be.

Time isn't a straight line. It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff

Reviews: 2
Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:18 pm
EchoingThunder says...

I am confirmed :)

And roost, I'm sure Zo has a few evil cookies, she said she possesses such an army.
"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days; recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!"

-Charles Dickens

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:22 pm
Caesar says...

Checking in.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Reviews: 4
Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:41 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Also checking in.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:40 pm
Z03Kill3r says...

My cookies are for well paying customers only :D

I will post the link on the storybook to get everyone on here.
Take your time- hurry up,
choice is yours don't be late
Take a rest, as a friend,
as an old memory.

Nirvana
Come As You Are <3

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:29 pm
Crow29 says...

Crow29, reporting for duty!
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9IJVoFR_Q

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:28 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

TyrantofWar here.
I want to see you choke on your lies,
Swallow up your greed,
Suffer all alone in your misery.

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dq9q6afIP8

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:12 pm
LunaHalfLacy says...

Posting for updates
When you asked me what Was wrong I wanted for dinner, I said "Nothing". But as I turned away I whispered, "Everything."

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:46 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Posting for updates.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:49 pm
Caesar says...

Indeed.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:11 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Okay guys the SB is up, and Zoe and I have introduced our two teams. It would be nice to see somebody introduce the Traumeris and their tactics over the conflict to come. Of course, all courses of actions that involve all of us should be discussed here.

Onwards!
DNX
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:12 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Some notes on Gryphons.

Most fantasy stories involve creatures that stay on the ground. Bi-pedals, horses, etc. When they do have creatures that fly, they tend to be dragons. Yet gryphons are different from dragons in many ways.

1. Less mass. A dragon is usually very heavy, which impedes its ability to maneuver. Gryphons are much less massive, they can weigh between 300 and 500 pounds.

2. More vulnerable. Dragons tend to have these diamond hard scales. A gryphon doesn't have such natural protection. Some gryphons wear armor on their bellies, to protect them from arrows from the ground, but there is substantial debate amongst gryphons as to their effectiveness. Is the added protection worth the extra weight?

3. Still strong. Gryphons frequently carry dead 300 lb deer off to their nest, although the extra weight does decrease their flight range. It is possible for a gryphon to carry a person, provided they are not too heavy and provided that they aren't heavily armored.

4. Magical. Not all gryphons are capable of performing magic. When they do, it tends to be air magic. Air magic is often used when gryphons are flying in groups. Gryphons frequently cast spells that create an updraft, it reduces the amount of work they need to stay in the air.

Next time: how they fight.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:15 am
Caesar says...

Whoa, that was thorough.

Here's to clear up some stuff about Demons.

They're not that great in numbers (around a couple of thousand in their capital city, Nephalia), but are extremely well-trained and disciplined. The smaller ones, physique-wise, are usually gifted in magic (the top class of Nephalia constitutes demon sorcerers), while the bigger brutes are usually much less gifted (Urolox is the exception, to some degree).
They're usually colored in hues of red, although some don't have corporeal shape and all of them disguise themselves as human, those incapable either sport their deformities with pride or, like in Urolox's case, conceal them. Some have tough hides, others don't.
They feed on flesh and blood - easy to come by in a city like Nephalia (they keep human 'pets' and other species of the sorts) - but some feed on emotions. If they've cast spells on themselves (like Urolox, more will be revealed later) they don't need to eat or feed on a particular substance of their preference, depending on the spells cast.
They can conscript soldiers in the blink of an eye (or the snap of a whip, more accurately), but usually the demon sorcerers summon Spirits, ethereal entities made of elements such as usually fire or in some cases what is commonly found on the battlefield. Nonetheless, their bodyguard/SWAT units, the Elite Royal Guards (or Nephalia Crack Squad, as they're commonly referred to) are extremely gifted squadrons of 15-20 units each, each squadron possessing at least 4 sorcerers. They're not usually sent into battle, being kept to guard the noblemen and the Royal Family (so when Urolox hits the battlefield, they do... then things start going boom).
Demons use unconventional tactics, adapting quickly to the situation, although they usually use a Mongolian technique which involves feigning retreat to lure the enemy deeper into their ranks, or otherwise distract with barrages of Spirits (which can be summoned near-endlessly by the sorcerers in their homes, but sizzle out after a while or when they're hit) then hit with a more powerful strike force as the enemy are distracted.
Oh, and as for their names, they usually involve lots of X's, V's, and/or Z's, guttural-sounding, but some are quite human-like. Else they're named after family members or demonic legends.

Next I'll give a heads-up on Nephalia.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:32 pm
Crow29 says...

Whoa, well while I really don't feel the need for something that big, I will tell you that Frost Giants are just like humans, but bigger, grumpier and a whole lot colder. If you still have questions, PM me or ask here and I will do my best to answer.
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9IJVoFR_Q

I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.
— William Shakespeare