z

Young Writers Society

Magic The Gathering - Axys Adventures DT

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Wed May 23, 2012 5:24 am
Caesar says...

Sure. They appear somewhere, wherever, with different stages of amnesia, which is up to you.
Each planeswalker appears in an area that has to do with their color, but in different places of that area.
Eg: my character starts out in Vass, thebookworm's in a slum somewhere in another island. Or whatever.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed May 23, 2012 12:11 pm
PixieStix says...

Got it. :)
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

289 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 23, 2012 3:54 pm
Caesar says...

I edited. I'll be posting first, then everyone else. Please let everyone post once before posting again... that is, unless thebookworm doesn't show up. And don't expect Bog to post regularly

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri May 25, 2012 11:22 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

I know we're supposed to write in first person....but is it OK if I write in third?
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 26, 2012 6:42 am
Caesar says...

....well if you'd prefer, I guess so. But I'd like 1st, for reasons listed below. But well... do what you want, I guess.
Please all posts should as follows:
(character name) (surname of character [optional]) ~ (insert location here) ~ (insert time if a considerable amount has gone by)
When I make unmarked posts, it means they're not my character and the posts are designed to move the plot along. They will be in third person to distinguish. This is just a heads-up.
Also please all posts should be detailed and exhaustive, like mine. :P After all, details only make things more fun and realistic and stuff.
Last edited by Caesar on Sat May 26, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

59 Reviews

Sat May 26, 2012 8:48 am
SirenCymbaline says...

That makes sense. :)

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 26, 2012 10:07 am
Caesar says...

I thought of it. Lol.

59 Reviews

Mon May 28, 2012 10:53 am
SirenCymbaline says...

SB has started, and I must say it's very exciting. Though I have a slight nitpick, in 'Available Slots' the male-black spot still appears blank.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 28, 2012 2:41 pm
Caesar says...

It will be edited.
Alas, I was indefinitely banned from YWS, and I don't know how often I'll be able to sneak back on. Therefore, please don't further the SB much.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:19 am
TheDayBeforeTomorrow says...

How should my character come in? She's not a planeswalker, and I have no idea what to do with her. Okay, I have a bit of an idea, but not much. Where does Vanessa come in?
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

People are made of places. They carry with them
hints of jungles or mountains, a tropic grace
or the cool eyes of sea-gazers. -EB

Love thy mangoes or die.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:57 pm
Caesar says...

How about you start her out in the assassin's guild? Most obvious place, after all

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:22 am
TheDayBeforeTomorrow says...

Right... *facepalms* I'm being stupid. :?
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

People are made of places. They carry with them
hints of jungles or mountains, a tropic grace
or the cool eyes of sea-gazers. -EB

Love thy mangoes or die.

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 am
barefootrunner says...

Hi everyone!

Name: Tai Chen

Race: Human

Appearance: Tai has short-cropped straight black hair, so she can sometimes pass for a boy if she wants to. She has the overall Asian appearance with slanted brown eyes and a small, slight build. She has a very understated style and tends to dress simply — browns and creams, though sometimes in an ice-blue spreading cape when she wants to look more official.

Without the smile:

Personality: Tai is calculating and logical. She tends to take the most efficient, though not always the most fragrant, course of action. She will not hesitate to take care of someone else’s business if she thinks that they are too weak, e.g. killing someone off who is a liability. She can therefore seem very callous and cruel, and even lacking all moral fibre, as she also lies as much as she tells the truth. She has no great love for people, having seen the destruction and cruelty they much too often cause. She prefers associating with leviathans and sea-creatures, but restricts herself to a visit a day, knowing that working with humans is a necessary part of her life, and it is a very important way of gathering knowledge. She is still proud and reserved, unless she wants something from a person. Tai is not good at physical combat, but, realizing that this is a weakness, will soon try to rectify the problem. She currently uses logic and innovation to solve problems.

History: Tai only remembers that she was sailing when the vortex took her to Axys. She must have lived close to the sea. Her sailing boat was transported with her.

Color: Blue

Particular skills: Tai, though not good at physical combat, is a very good shot with a small bow, often combining it with her magic. She is also a sterling navigator and sails a small one-man yacht rather like a Sonnet, using her control over the wind and the sea as much as physical steering. Other than that, as she is a very young planeswalker, her abilities are limited. Tai can accomplish basic illusions, but rather relies on physical abilities such as sleight of hand or deceptive speech.

Her yacht is called Hikaru and she is very proud and protective of it. To give you an idea of the basic shape, this is what a modern Sonnet looks like:

Other: When she becomes very angry or threatened, Tai reverts to an almost feral state and will display snarling, movement on all fours and other animalistic behaviour.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

59 Reviews

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:13 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

Awesome. I wonder where she'll end up.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:51 am
Caesar says...

Spoiler! :
Alright, we're back up and running. I've forgotten many of my ideas though, so if you have any new suggestions, do tell.

Also, I've added the rules for the Principle of Summoning, which should help a bit.

Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.
— John Green