z

Young Writers Society

Magic The Gathering - Axys Adventures DT

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri May 18, 2012 9:26 am
Caesar says...

Okay guys, here I'll be posting more about of the races, the magic, and the type of creatures, though mainly I'll be answering all questions, and I expect there will be many.
Link to SB: My pleasure to serve

Let me get something clear when it comes to magic. If one draws mana from land, it's a tricky process. Casting a powerful spell requires time and concentration, certainly not the perfect thing during a pitched battle. The more mana one uses, the more obvious it becomes, which means one has to be careful when opting for subtlety, as many blue mages will often do. During battle, however, for example, a green mage will draw on the power of nature, thus he or she is particularly effective in battles in forests and stuff. A red mage, on the other hand, will often opt for using his or her own emotions, which can ensure more powerful magic, but a danger, as using fire when angry can burn the caster up. Therefore many rely on already charged sources

Vampires and Elves:

Spoiler! :
I was thinking this was going to be needed, to clear up any doubt. Since Pix is a vamp, I'll start from those.
Vampires: Vampires are hedonistic - they enjoy and pursue pleasure - and draining blood feels extremely pleasurable to them - they're usually rather seductive in their manner and apparel because of this, using any means to achieve their ends. They love toying with their pray, but the less sophisticated ones will settle for just any old person. Vampires feed mainly on blood, though there are those that feed on dreams. They have long life, and usually possess enhanced strength and speed. However, they're fatally weak to garlic, stakes, holy items, and can't tolerate sunlight. There are also very, very few vampires around, usually in the Isles.

Elves: usually taller than humans, they can live for thousands of years, and are also stronger than humans physically. They're adept nature mages. They love the arts and rarely spend their lives fighting, preferring a contemplative manner of life.

Also, the use of titanpads is encouraged for the SB, like so.
Last edited by Caesar on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sat May 19, 2012 3:27 am
noninjaes says...

Would it be okay to be half vampire (Is it possible?)?
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 am
Caesar says...

Ah... I've never head of a red vampire. Half-vampire is okay, but you claimed a female red. Sadly, you're either a dragon or a human, or a demon.
Last edited by Caesar on Mon May 21, 2012 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sat May 19, 2012 9:19 am
noninjaes says...

Thanks.
You've got me looking at buying myself a pack or two of the game cards now. :)
Last edited by noninjaes on Sat May 19, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 19, 2012 9:25 am
Caesar says...

Kay. No worries man. Oh really? Sweet.
Also, Pix, your vamp could be a vamp and come from Innistrad, without her getting turned

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon May 21, 2012 2:45 am
Payne says...

Oh, uhhhh....so there are no female dragons, then? Not even summoned? *Goes to change character profile*

Also, I finally managed to upload the concepts for the Artifact. Keep in mind that these are just ROUGH drafts, mostly to see if y'all are happy with my interpretation of your ideas. I don't want to spend three days on a drawing and then realize that I was entirely off-base. :wink: Needless to say, please let me know if there's something I need to change/omit/elaborate on/etc.

Spoiler! :
A very rough side-view of the wristband when it's unclasped (if you can read my handwriting, I've pointed out the key features...). See, I was thinking, it wouldn't be practical if the spikes went all around the band, seeing as they would start hitting bone.
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m52 ... ifact3.jpg

A close-up of one half. The little squiggles coming from the spikes are supposed to be veins (sort of a symbolic representation of what the band does to you).
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m52 ... ssed-1.jpg

And this is sort of what it'll look like when the band is actually on someone. I only used a four-color palette and took no time to plan it out, so this obviously isn't the best quality, but you get the gist.
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m52 ... stband.jpg

When I showed these to my housemate, I think she was a bit creeped-out by the concept.
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 21, 2012 5:12 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

Naw Payne, that's pretty cool, actually.
And female dragons do exist, as a matter of fact. Otherwise there wouldn't be any dragons, yes? As a matter of fact, female dragons are the most powerful and savage of the lot.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 am
Payne says...

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking, about the female dragons. I must've misunderstood your earlier post, then.
Last edited by Payne on Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 am
Caesar says...

Which one?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon May 21, 2012 11:42 pm
thestorygirl says...

When will this start?
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 22, 2012 5:05 am
Caesar says...

All right. We begin on Saturday, provided AnnieBauthor makes up her mind about whether to join as a black M PW. Also, please warn xxmusicaxx somehow that she needs to post her profile soon or I'll have to find a substitute. I've already warned her once. I apologize to her if I'm pressuring, but I'd rather like to start this sometimes soon, preferably sooner.
I'll be making the first post, then everyone else, in no particular order. Please lest everyone post once before continuing, unless given clearance by me.
I'll be shooting a mas PM if by Friday not everyone makes it clear to me they've seen this.
Last edited by Caesar on Wed May 23, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue May 22, 2012 6:06 pm
Betheny says...

I have seen this
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 22, 2012 6:11 pm
Caesar says...

Right. Just checking. Also, Beth, join titanpad if you will, kay?

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue May 22, 2012 6:15 pm
Betheny says...

I thought I had... The pinky writing yesterday at 8:30ish? I'll give it another go, I'll go on now until my dinner's ready. :)
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue May 22, 2012 9:28 pm
thestorygirl says...

Yay. I've been answered. How exactly are the planeswalkers arriving? If they come out by portal I'd like my character to be hunting where they come out.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
— Solomon Short