z

Young Writers Society

The Grand Arcadian Tournament DT

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:19 am
Caesar says...

All questions, ideas, and profiles go here.

Link to SB viewtopic.php?f=7&t=94204
Last edited by Caesar on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:10 am
KingLucifer says...

Can powers or modifications be made to character or weapon?
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:24 am
Caesar says...

Powers... no. No magic. Weapons can be custom made/modified, but PM me first. Prizes will include magical artifacts, however.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:53 pm
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Name: Araki Luma

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
a.t.jpg
a.t.jpg (10.1 KiB) Viewed 135 times

Spoiler! :
Araki has metallic silver hair that hangs down below his eyes in the front, but cut short on the sides and in the back, which isn't shown in the picture. His eyes are a silvery-green color that change shade depending on his mood. They never get darker than emerald or lighter than white-green. His skin is not pale but not tan, and his right arm is always covered in a black glove like shown in the picture. He's not tall but not short, about average height and weight. He is well-built and stronger than he appears.

Personality:
Spoiler! :
Araki is a genius. Literally. There isn't a problem he can't fix, especially technical issues. Because of this, he loves puzzles and challenge, but he also gets bored easy. When he gets bored, he becomes lazy. When he becomes lazy, he's reckless. This being said, he likes to remain entertained. He also has a sarcastic sense of humor and is able to stay pretty optimistic in situations.

History:
Spoiler! :
His mother died when he was young, leaving him to be raised by a father who didn't want him. All his life he strived to be something that his father could be proud of, but never made it. At the age of eighteen, he was offered a spot as Technical Coordinator of the Tournament and didn't hesitate to take it.

Extra:
Spoiler! :
He is up for love, and would also prefer to go through the games in an alliance of sorts. His skills include his technological knowledge and abilities, his problem solving, and his strength.

Weapon(s):
Spoiler! :
Carries a Vibro-sword and a Blaster, but has yet to be able to carry his own Plasma-shield, finding it bulky.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:50 am
Caesar says...

That's very good. Very good indeed. Unfortunately, you're the only one interested, it seems.

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:46 pm
barefootrunner says...

Here is my first character:

Name: Cai Brocksworth

Appearance: Face: Cai has a heavy brow, deepset green eyes, light-brownish hair, sturdy nose, determined mouth and a strong jaw.
Body: Cai is a bit larger than medium height, very strong and well built. Left arm amputated at the shoulder, but he makes up for the missing body mass with pure muscle. His right arm is tattooed.
Clothes: Cai wears loose, practical clothes that don't get in his way.

Spoiler! :
A bit like this, but uglier.Image

Personality: Confident, steady and brutal. Cai will not hesitate to use any tactics to win. He will as easily kill his opponent as simply defeat him. He puts rational thought and efficiency above all else.

History: Cai was born to fight. His rich parents had him trained from birth to become a warrior. He lost his left arm at a young age in a training accident. Refusing all offers of prostetic limbs, he viewed his loss as an advantage and continued training to become one of the most formidable fighters in the country. He applied to the tournament for the glory.

Extra: Not up for love, but will seduce another character if he thinks it to his advantage. His main advantage in hand-to-hand is not-having-an-arm-to-grab. He utilizes martial arts moves that require the defendant to use the attacker's left arm in defence, and, not having one, unbalances them. He has the advantage of knowing exactly how to fight two-armed opponents, while they do not know how to fight one-armed opponents. He is a highly skilled swordsman and a good shot.

Weapons: Heavy Blaster and a Vibro-sword, which he knows exactly how to use.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

304 Reviews

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:07 pm
barefootrunner says...

Character two:

Name: Lisa Firming

Appearance: Face: Lisa is slightly pale, with frightened blue eyes, a cute nose and small mouth, and lots of dark hair that flies all over the place.
Body: Small and slight.
Clothes: A loose, simple shirt and shorts, with no shoes.

Spoiler! :
A bit like this.Image

Personality: Lisa is shy, scared and uncertain. She will cling to a stronger person who can comfort her. She is very vulnerable to intimidation.

History: Lisa grew up in the slums with her older brother, who practically raised her and protected her from too much harm. He taught her to survive. Now he has fallen dangerously ill, and, to buy the medication, Lisa applied for the tournament. She is unsure if she did the right thing, though, and sometimes breaks down.

Extra: Very much up for love, someone strong who can protect and comfort her. Lisa hesitates to attack, but once she realises that her opponent does not, she flies into an adrenalin-fuelled rage. She is pathetic with a sword, and feels more assured with a smaller weapon. She has a steady hand, and, though this is the first time she has used a gun, she is a good shot. In hand-to-hand, she is fast and efficient. Her attack focusses on the weak spots of her opponent and she has a painfully accurate kick. Her strategy is to incapacitate as quickly and with as little danger to herself as possible. She is formally untrained so she knows how to improvise and adapt. Lisa is easy to crush, psycologically and physically.

Weapons: A light Blaster and a Plasma Shield is all she can manage. She is afraid of using edged weapons, and would prefer a dagger to a sword.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:50 am
Caesar says...

Very good, barefootrunner. I love Lisa, but plasma shields are rather heavy. Just FYI.

304 Reviews

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:36 am
barefootrunner says...

So I gathered, so she usually rests it on the ground and crouches behind it until she gets angry and fed up of being pushed all over the arena. That is when she drops the shield and attacks. :) hope that works all right :)

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:24 pm
Caesar says...

Yus. Fine. Oh wait, there's no levels. Though I guess it's stupid. Remind me to update the Board whenever someone levels up.

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela