z

Young Writers Society

Ameruld League. The Experiment. DT

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:20 am
LunaHalfLacy says...

Okie dokie, thank you. This should be fun. :twisted:
When you asked me what Was wrong I wanted for dinner, I said "Nothing". But as I turned away I whispered, "Everything."

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:50 am
View Likes
FreeFalling says...

Yeah. :) It will be.

Which 'team' is going to win though?

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:38 pm
Betheny says...

What kind of times are we aiming for; a few hours, a day???
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:23 am
SassBideAndRawr says...

Okay.
Well saying that you arrive at Ameruld in the mid afternoon then you are probably going to be expected to be at the 'campsite' around dark.

And Luna was right- a few of you people did miss the paths. (can you just write a little bit about them before you get to the climbing.)

Also which with team is going to win-

I'll give you a choice with that-

I can either put everyone's teams in a hat and choose them one by one Or each of you (at least one persn from each team) can give me a reason 'why' exactly you should win and the person who gives the best reasons team wil win.

Keep up with posting. :)

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:02 pm
LunaHalfLacy says...

Hey I have another question - are the teams allowed to split up?
When you asked me what Was wrong I wanted for dinner, I said "Nothing". But as I turned away I whispered, "Everything."

Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:43 am
SassBideAndRawr says...

Hmmm.... that's an intersting question.

Teams can split up but if they choose to just note that their times (how long it takes them to reach the top.) will be measured together- (so if one team member gets to the camp really quickly and the other comes in 2 hours later the time will count for both of them- If that makes sense.)
Basically the timer will only be stopped after both teamates reach the camp.

Anyway, it sounds as if everyone (contestants) are almost at the top.
Since no one has given reasons why their teams should win I'm just going to pull names out of a hat.

I will have the results up soon, along with what you will find once you reach the top.

Good Luck. :)

Reviews: 4
Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:35 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Can the scientists and moderators change things like weather during the challenges?
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:54 am
View Likes
SassBideAndRawr says...

SidereaAquila wrote:Can the scientists and moderators change things like weather during the challenges?

Yeah, I think it would be interesting.

Spoiler! :
Results for the 'Time Game.'

(* all entrants were drawn from a hat at random. :))

1st is Team 4- Indigo and Riley

2nd is Team 2- Tam and Max

followed closely by the other two teams.

What You Will Find At The Camp:

Spoiler! :
Once you reach the top of the mountain you will find:

*Your suitcases stacked in a neat pile conveniently nearby.

* 4 bags containing tents (these tents range from a 8-man tent as the largest, right down to a two man tent as the smallest.)

Once you reach the campsite you will be given a choice of the tents- those who arrive first will get better supplies.

* Two tables- one on either side of the camp ground.

* 2 small sheds- which will be the place you meet each morning to discuss the competitons for that day.

* The winning team will recieve a fully cooked meal for their dinner as a prize for winning this first challenge (please note that if you win a competition- along with recieveing higher points- you will recieve a small prize- fo example cooked food, extra blankets etc.)
All other teams will have to make do with food from their ration packs (or extra food they may have packed.)

- The campsite is basically a flat, grassy area with mimimum buildings. (the sheds.)

The three judges (Aster, Tanner and Marina) will be waiting at the top. (Which means that they will post after everyone reaches the finish line.) They will hand out ration packs and other promised materials.

Contestants will then get to pick their tents- (once you reach the finish line you are on your own- try and grab the best tent you can.)
Two people per tent-

You Camp Buddy for the Next Week will be:
Spoiler! :
Max and James

Amos and Riley

Tam and Liz

Indigo and Arra.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(That's all of the basic information I think you need to know for right now- ask if you have any questions.)

Good Luck.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 pm
View Likes
LunaHalfLacy says...

Sweet! Thanks, Sass.

Thebookworm has only posted once.. If she doesn't come back soon, maybe her character should get injured and have to leave or something? I don't know but Amos has basically been stuck not doing anything this whole time

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:26 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

^ I know, and I don't mean anything horrible but I really don't want Amos to 'die' so if that means leaving Liz behind... then... yeah
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

Sat May 05, 2012 2:19 am
View Likes
SassBideAndRawr says...

Betheny wrote:^ I know, and I don't mean anything horrible but I really don't want Amos to 'die' so if that means leaving Liz behind... then... yeah

Don't worry, your character wont die but Luna's right- the bookworm hasn't posted anything in a while.

Someone could try getting on to her to see if she want's to keep posting in the story.

If not maybe someone else could post for her or her charcter could get badly injured and have to go 'home.'

...But then we would be down on characters...

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat May 05, 2012 7:28 am
ToBeMe says...

Maybe she could go home because of an injury (that is if thebookworm doesn't want to post anymore) and... I don't know- there could be other contestants on the mountain already?
Or late entries?

Just an Idea... I don't know how they would work out though...

Anyway- Thanks Sass. :D

And what will happen once everone reaches the top?

Will the judges post first again?
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

Mon May 07, 2012 3:32 am
View Likes
LunaHalfLacy says...

Yes, that's what I was thinking too - a late entry. You can open it up for an extra character perhaps.

Mon May 07, 2012 3:45 am
View Likes
SassBideAndRawr says...

ToBeMe wrote:Maybe she could go home because of an injury (that is if thebookworm doesn't want to post anymore) and... I don't know- there could be other contestants on the mountain already?
Or late entries?
quote]

LunaHalfLacy wrote:Yes, that's what I was thinking too - a late entry. You can open it up for an extra character perhaps.

How many late entries?
Just another one to make up characters or more than that?
Hmmm...

That could work.

Thu May 10, 2012 3:44 am
View Likes
LunaHalfLacy says...

I think just one is good, to replace liz.
Also, sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I'm kind failing at that... I will part tomorrow and if I don't you can beat me up.

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler