Young Writers Society

Grave of the Shadows DT

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:03 pm
Cailey says...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=94044
There's a link back to the SB.
Alright, here's the DT, let me know if you have any questions. Also, if you suddenly need to leave and won't be able to post, you can have your character die, or if you plan on coming back later, we could just run your character for you while you're gone.
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

413 Reviews

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:03 pm
View Likes
Cailey says...

Alright, I would like a few more people, I was hoping to have at least some younger siblings. Hopefully we'll get some though, and then we'll be able to start.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:09 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

Posting for updates.
Also, twist idea: one of the good guys is related/is romantically involved with one of the Nights.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Reviews: 1
Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:56 pm
tenshou says...

Hey Cailey, could you tell us a little more about the plot

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:59 pm
View Likes
Ranger51 says...

Question: I assumed this is taking place in the medieval era, but I just realized that that isn't specified... when is this taking place?
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

53 Reviews

Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:23 pm
View Likes
Ranger51 says...

Okay, after a brief discussion with Krose, I've decided to change Rodr's family to someone else's. Is that okay with you guys, and does anyone want him as a brother?

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:19 am
View Likes
July says...

Just to get updates! :)
Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.
Mark Twain

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:35 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Oh! Um, Rodr could be Celeste's younger bro if you want. :)
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

413 Reviews

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:43 pm
Cailey says...

Yeah, I was waiting for people before giving out more plot. That would be really intereting, Italy, but for them to meet that Night would have to be slightly less "bad" than the others. Otherwise I think any of the Shadows would just kill him/her immediately. :)
Okay, first of all, this is medievel era, it's a dirty, overlycrowded, poor city. There's no fancy technology or anything. There is some Magic, but only for the King and the Nights. Since the original Shadows (the parents) were extremely skilled they knew some spells. Therefore, the older Shadow Children might know a few, but they don't have a large knowledge of magic.
I was thinking we would start out just with the characters, figuring out the relationships and their personalities. So for a while the plot will just be going through their life. This includes "missions" where they go out to try and help other citizens. They do this by carrying out jobs, bringing food where they can, just helping with odd jobs. We'll come up with these minor characters as we go, they're just normal people.
Then the Night's come in. They find out about the Shadow Children and set out to try and stop them, but this time they've had orders not to kill them. Since they're just kids, the King is convinced that they must be working for somebody. So he wants a live person to be able to answer questions.
From there we'll just see where the story goes, it will be a fight between the Nights and the Shadows, presumably ending with the overthrowing of the King, or perhaps a change in the Nights (due to the romance).

This is just a basic outline though, it can change, I'm sure it will change, and anyone can add interesting twists as you write, as long as it fits in, of course.

53 Reviews

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:41 pm
View Likes
Ranger51 says...

Sounds good! I think I'll take you up on that offer, Pixie. Thanks. :)
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:51 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

no problem. :)
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

413 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:20 am
View Likes
Cailey says...

Alright, so Celeste has a brother, hopefully soon the Keipie and Martina will get their profiles up, and I'll get my second one, and then we should be able to start. Oh, and Italy needs to post the Night's profiles once we figure everything out.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:43 am
Caesar says...

Yeah, um, when should that be, exactly?

413 Reviews

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:33 pm
Cailey says...

Well Martina said she would post today or tomorrow, I´ll post later today, and I'll try to get a hold of Keipie to tell her to post. If Martina and Keipie get their profiles up today then we'll start, if not Thursday.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:28 pm
Caesar says...

So, I'll PM you concerning the Nights, then?

If a story is in you, it has to come out.
— William Faulkner