z

Young Writers Society

The Looking Glass League DT

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:51 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Hello this is the DT for The Looking Glass League, please post your profile here if you wish to join before I make the first post tomorrow 4-9-12 please post your profile there. After that date please post the profile here.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:00 pm
Skorpionne says...

Finished my profile- if there's anything that needs changing please let me know. I sort of assumed a lot about how Wonderland works.

Also, could you link the DT from the SB? I don't think many people know there is one. :?

Profile:
Spoiler! :
Claiming a male Heart mage- profile in construction.

Name: Cynwrig “Cyn” Warin

Suit Affiliation: Hearts

Personality: Cyn learnt very early on in life that you can tell a lot about a person by simply watching them. From then on, Cyn watched, drinking in everything he could about people. Being a manipulative one, Cyn will usually use that against them in the future.

He's very intelligent and a fast learner. In fact, the faun is a little obsessed with facts. He considers himself a collecter of knowledge, and has more than a hundred random, useless facts stored away in his brain. As this shows, he has a very good memory for details.

Appearance: Cyn’s dark, curly hair overshadows a pair of intelligent green eyes, an upturned nose and a mouth normally frowning in concentration. He has brown skin with a distinctive olive tint. His overall appearance is very Mediterranean, with the exception of the two black horns sprouting from his forehead.

Cyn normally goes bare-chested, as at his waist a pair of goat legs begins. These are also black, but are distinctly shaggier than his hair. He’s incredibly proud of his cloven hooves, and has developed a habit of polishing them whenever he’s sitting down, a habit that annoys his peers.

He's quite skinny- veering towards the matchstick, and has a larger-than-average mouth that earned him the childhood nickname of Flycatcher.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Strengths: Cyn is very intelligent- he can easily see things from someone else’s point of view, and anticipate their actions, which usually gives him an advantage in combat. And despite being physically weak, he knows how to use an opponent’s weight to his advantage. He's particularly good at keeping calm under pressure.

Weaknesses: He’s hesitant to act- sometimes too much. He also has a tendency to over-complicate things. He’ll pick up on tiny details, but will miss blindingly obvious facts. Cyn is also quite insecure and unsure of himself, which is one of the reasons he hesitates to act. He knows how to manipulate people to get what he wants, and often does. Cyn is also a slight coward, and much prefers flight to fight.

Combat: Cyn fights with a sword, which he normally uses in conjunction with his magic. While not physically strong (as stated earlier) Cyn is very crafty. He’ll avoid conflict if he at all can, but will dive right into it if there’s no getting around it. (Again, as stated earlier) Cyn knows how to use an opponent’s weight against them. He tends to block their attacks without attacking himself until he has an idea of how they fight, then Cyn tries to take advantage of any weaknesses his opponent has.

History: Like all fauns, Cyn is the son of Pan. His mother was a hedge-witch named Olendi Warin, who happened to come across him while gathering herbs for her potions.

Pan isn't exactly evil, but he definitely isn't benevolent. He sees most non-fauns as inferior beings, to take advantage of.

Olendi was driven mad by her encounter with him, and when she stumbled back home, she found that her insanity had given her access to previously untapped sources of power. She made a living from her strange magic, healing travellers, making love spells, and doing anything for anyone for the right price. Most of it was smoke and mirrors, but there were times when Olendi had need of her true gifts.

When Cyn came along, it was a complete surprise. Still, she taught him all she knew. Throughout Cyn's childhood, she was always frustrated with his inaptitude, which led Cyn to doubt himself.

Cyn supported his unstable mother throughout her life, and though she never really cared for him as a mother should, she was all Cyn had ever had, and he truly loved her. He was twelve when she succumbed to a disease and passed away.

Distraught and unable to bear staying a moment longer in his mother's house, Cyn gathered a few supplies, and ran off into the forest, his only plan to find some sort of civilisation. Once a few miles into the forest, he met one of his half-brothers, Lorse. Lorse, the elder by seven years, took Cyn under his wing, and taught him how to survive in the wilds of Wonderland. Lorse also taught Cyn to hate and look down on non-fauns.

However, one day, when out hunting for himself and his half-brother, Cyn saw one of Wonderland's other inhabitants, the Cheshire Cat.

Fascinated by this strange being, Cyn began to wonder about the world outside the forests where he'd lived all his life. What it was like, what more he could learn about magic. He started to doubt what Lorse had taught him. Surely all non-fauns couldn't be as bad as he said?

A few months after that, a pair of Black Knights attacked their camp. Mistaken for enemy chess pieces, Lorse was killed and Cyn taken captive.

The pair of Black Knights travelled with Cyn as prisoner for several weeks. During his captivity, any doubts Cyn had about Lorse's teachings were smashed to pieces. He grew to hate non-fauns almost as much as his half-brother had. Then, they reached the capital of the Heart Kingdom. There Cyn escaped and claimed sanctuary in a college of magic.

After the misunderstanding had been cleared, Cyn enrolled as a pupil, and started learning more about the magic he'd only glimpsed as a child. it was an initial shock, learning about his Heart magics, but even more so when Cyn realised that he was talented. His mother had always been saying how bad he was at magic, so Cyn was gobsmacked when other students struggled with what he found easy. He studied there for years, and by that point, his loyalty to the Hearts was secured.

While studying, Cyn established a close relationship with a certain teacher. She was the one who first helped him escape the chess pieces, and taught him most of what he currently knows. Her name was Edena, and she was an elderly unicorn, firey-spirited and plagued with arthritis. She's very much a mother figure to Cyn, and has restored his faith in non-fauns.

It was Edena who still believed in the Looking Glass League, and when she heard of the quest to find them, she immediately volunteered Cynwrig Warin. Cyn was surprised and delighted when he found out about Edena's faith in him. He is determined to prove that she was right to trust in him so.

Other: Just a post-history personality note. Cyn has lost nearly everyone he ever got close to in life. As a result, he doesn't trust easily, and prefers to take his own chances. If he does become close to somebody, he will be very protective (and very annoying, most likely.)

Also, Cyn is not up for love. At least with any humans. You're not attracted to goats, right? It's the same with Cyn. he's just not attracted to humans. If he meets a lady-faun, however, it's an entirely different matter. :wink:

EDIT: I've changed around a few things in Cyn's history. So many typos... >.< How embarrassing.
Last edited by Skorpionne on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:35 pm
View Likes
xXmusicaXx says...

Skorp - What a profile... O.O

Heart - Posting for updates. XD
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:02 pm
Skorpionne says...

Yeah...I tend to go into a lot of detail on these things. ;D

One rather lengthy, very rambly Cyn post is up!
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:04 pm
PixieStix says...

So is Cassidy's. I'm calling her Cass. Cassidys to long. Lol.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

50 Reviews

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:33 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Hell of a profile Skorpionne color me impressed.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

5 Reviews

Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm
KeiPie says...

Can i take the last spades mage? I will get my profile up soon.
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

50 Reviews

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:53 pm
KingLucifer says...

Acually there are two others spaces left because Justagirl and sparkofdoubt will not be joining in the SB.

5 Reviews

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:12 pm
KeiPie says...

If it's ok I'd like the spade place. Should I post my profile here or in the SB?
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

50 Reviews

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:15 pm
KingLucifer says...

Here.

5 Reviews

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:14 am
KeiPie says...

Name: James 'Jay' Lee
Suit Affiliation: Spades
Personality: He is kind and understanding and easy to trust. Sometimes he gets angry at people and will refuse to talk with them. But in general he is very likable and willing to help. He hates to be laughed at and can sometimes get into yelling fits.
Appearance:
He is of Asian blood but speaks perfect english.
Spoiler! :

Strengths/Weaknesses: He likes to use a long staff slightly shorter than he is.
He is good and hand to hand combat and can jump really high. He used to train in martial arts and now that helps him. He is strong and agile from all his years of training.
As I said he gets angry with people sometimes. He can also be accusing and inconsiderate in some situations. If he thinks you did something only he can convince himself otherwise. He doesn't accept criticism very well.
History: He decided to study magic because he thought it sounded interesting and he thought that with his martial abilities he could learn magic pretty well. He enjoys being active and loves anything magical. He was a very good in school and received several awards.
Other: He enjoys doing acrobatics. And yes he might be up for love...
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

50 Reviews

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:54 am
KingLucifer says...

Approved please if you can.

5 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:35 pm
KeiPie says...

what?
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

50 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:57 pm
KingLucifer says...

Please post if you can.

they got that magical iridescence that you don't expect to be on a sky rat y'know
— Ari11