Lothbrok says...

Nevermind.
If at first you don't succeed then destroy any evidence that you ever tried

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:42 pm
Ego says...

Threnody and I have been talking about Kevin and Annika meeting up and then acting as traveling partners ("Don't walk near me. If you happen to follow me, I won't shoot you.") 'til they reach Rocko's where Kylie will then recruit Annika and attempt to recruit Kevin (but will be rebuffed).

Therefore, my next few posts will likely be:
1) Meeting Annika.
2) Rocko's.
3) Meeting Kylie (probably not my post, most--most likely Rydia's, with me writing Kevin's dialog).
4) Leaving Rocko's.

We're off to a great start guys, keep up the good work and the pace; I become a very grumpy man if my storybooks drop to the second page.

People yet to post:
--Bowserette
--JordanPierre
--ScarlettFire
--Lothbrok (Nicely done)

People that are supposed to be here but aren't:
--Lumi
--CelticaNoir
Last edited by Ego on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:54 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I've been trying to figure out how and when to fit Amber into this... I already mentioned that she's probably stuck in a room on her own, so maybe I'll post about that. Depends, though. If anyone feels like trying to get Amber to talk, do contact me!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:27 am
Ego says...

Thanks bowserette and Scarlettfire for getting your posts up--we now have everyone but JordanPierre with at least one post, and possibly another writer or two joining us.

I expect quite a bit of activity this weekend, so let's see what y'all can do.

Question of the Weekend
What's one question about the setting in which this storybook takes place? Something about Ashville, the Settlement, Rocko's, general society, whatever.
Got YWS? I do.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:34 pm
Threnody says...

Hello! I'd just like to warn you that I'm touring with my Symphony Winds group for all of next week and I have little access to technology and the time with which to utilise it. I may not have a chance to post and I'm sorry if this is inconvenient but I will try to make up for what I've missed when I get back.

Thanks,
Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:50 am
LowKey says...

How dense is the zombie population, and how are they spread out? Are they significantly denser the deeper into town you go? Or are they pretty evenly spread out throughout the city and at the edges, only gradually becoming denser deeper in? If you were to take a stroll through town, would you see a few scattered about, or would you see crowds of them?

EDIT: How would one go about getting into the settlement? I'm assuming there'd be a guard at the wall to intercept people, but are there any specific notes I should be aware of when bringing Becka in?
Last edited by LowKey on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:09 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

I'll link to this profile the first time I post in the main thread. I just hate clutter. With a passion.

Name: "Captain" Judah Siken
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 205
Eyes: Keen blue
Hair: Short / near-shaven; Dark Brown

Physique: Toned to an acceptable military standard, maintaining the musculature of a man conscious of health and fitness.

Notable Features: All-in-all, his body type and features are fairly generic. His facial qualities and body-type leave him on the attractive side of things, but nothing stunning.

Gear: Twin Beretta 92 FS; Utility bag containing ammo, minor health supplies, and his "formula journal" with attempts at making the fabled Gasoline Pill. Other assorted gear (such as food and fuel) he keeps stored in

Education: Judah swept through high school, finishing a year early in order to enter college as, ironically, a chemistry major. As time passed, he became less engrossed in his studies, and more engrossed in his pricey flight lessons. He completed a degree in chemical engineering (along with a whopping private pilot's license) just a couple of years before the strike of the virus.

Pros: Technically adept in mechanics and engineering, as well as experimental chemistry. As such, he has a mediocre standing with on-the-spot medicine and treatments. Oh, and he owns this baby right here.

Cons: His gun and general weapon skills lack in precision with moving targets; however, he (often) attempts to use inanimate objects in his surroundings to his advantage, often costing him a makeshift home, or a friend or two.

Before The Outbreak: Before the outbreak, Judah focused in on receiving his license as a private pilot while supporting his exploits by working as a low-grade chemical researcher a bit south of Ashville. As time neared the 0-point, his scientific focus shifted to the aim of revolutionizing the fuel industry (since it was so outrageously bloated), and he set his mark on the fabled Gasoline Pill. Just as he thought his research had hit the nail on the head, the virus broke out, and his laboratory, along with his research, was lost.

He invested a very small portion of his time into a relationship between himself and a jazz singer, Lily Garland.

Since The Outbreak: Lily hardly made with him through the first week of the outbreak. While most folks lost loved ones to the disease by death, Judah lost his partner in crime to what he called the worst-timed breakup in human history. Lily left him with his formulae and plane, and he hasn't seen her since. He's searched for her, though. Every month, he makes a perilous trip into Ashville to visit the club where Lily once sang in hopes of reuniting with her.

In small hopes of survivng during the plague, Judah began working for his meals and supplies by running air-errands for folks locked on the ground. Everything from cargo flights to rescue ops to dropping home-rigged bombs on horde nests--he's done a little of everything. Judah currently lives out of a medical supplies stockhold he fashioned out of an old hangar in the country just outside of Ashville.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:09 pm
Cadi says...

Questionly Question
Does the settlement have some kind of daily routine - work teams or something?

(Somewhat Belated) Communication Info
If I'm around, it's pretty much a guarantee I'll be in chat. If I'm not there, the next best way to catch me will be site PM.
On that note, I've got a potential lack of internet access coming up this Sunday/Monday/Tuesday, as I'll be off in the Welsh mountains somewhere, and I don't know if they've discovered computers yet.
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:27 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Ego wrote:Question of the Weekend
What's one question about the setting in which this storybook takes place? Something about Ashville, the Settlement, Rocko's, general society, whatever.

Hmm.... How desperate are the survivors? And how badly off is the food/water/supplies situation? How far is Rocko's from the actual settlement in Ashville? How busy/not busy is it? And how big/small is it? Um, will there be zombies that can run and climb, etc, eventually?

Also, I'm not going to be online tomorrow (which is Sunday by me, and probably Saturday by most of you guys), mostly because I'm going to my Gran's farm and I don't know how busy we'll be. So. You probably won't see me until late tomorrow night?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:40 pm
View Likes
Crysi says...

Yeah, my question is about the Settlement, too -- how safe is it? I kinda made it up as I went along, lol, but we should probably all be on the same page about it. I like to picture it as this sort of safe haven, with the occasional zombie sighting. Then some disaster would happen, throwing the Settlement into chaos, and we go from there.

Totally cool if I'm way off, haha.

Also, I've already spoken to Dono about this, but I'm incredibly busy this quarter. I probably won't be anywhere near as active as I was in the original Necropolis, but I'm still going to try to post when I can. If you guys could help me along by prodding me/giving me ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.
Love and Light

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:23 pm
Rydia says...

Once Jordan finishes his post off, I'll put another up :)

Question of the Weekend:
How does Rockys decide who it does and doesn't take in? Just out of pure curiosity as I'm sure they can't sleep/ feed everyone who stops by.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:14 pm
Lothbrok says...

I'd assume its whoever can barter (Is there any kind of currency in this world?) for a room that decides whether you get to stay.
If at first you don't succeed then destroy any evidence that you ever tried

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:36 am
View Likes
Charlie II says...

Here's something that vaguely resembles answers. ;) I'll add to this as and when we develop the Settlement some more. More questions are always welcome!

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Settlement
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

576 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:19 am
View Likes
Ego says...

Can has.

How dense is the zombie population, and how are they spread out? 98% of the population of the United States--and possibly the world--is affected by the virus. The zombies, driven by some unknown guidance, are pulled toward people. Not unerringly or ineffably, they merely seem to wander toward human survivors.

Are they significantly denser the deeper into town you go? They're more or less distributed as a city would be. More zombies in the suburban and downtown areas, less elsewhere.

How would one go about getting into the settlement? Does the settlement have some kind of daily routine - work teams or something? See Charlie's recent Google Presentation.

Hmm.... How desperate are the survivors? And how badly off is the food/water/supplies situation? Food and water are plentiful but rationed. The survivors survive, maybe even thrive, but they are not living a life of luxury.

How far is Rocko's from the actual settlement in Ashville? How busy/not busy is it? And how big/small is it? 10 miles, give or take. It's as busy as a place can be when 98% of the population is dead or undead. It's just a diner--think Denny's, if you know the restaurant--that's been converted into a small fortress.

Um, will there be zombies that can run and climb, etc, eventually? Yep.

How does Rockys decide who it does and doesn't take in? The only people that sleep there are the ones that work there or the ones that barter for it. Extremely pragmatic establishment.
Got YWS? I do.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:46 pm
Crysi says...

Wow, Charlie. Not only is that information awesome and helpful, the presentation looks great, too! ;)

Also running/climbing zombies? *shudders*
Love and Light

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare