Reviews: 576
Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:28 pm
View Likes
Ego says...

Discussion Thread for Necropolis: Revelation

Main Thread

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Settlement

Current Topics of Discussion:
1. How awesome is it that Necropolis is back?
2. Where are your characters starting?
3. Do you have any ideas of whom your character should know, or how they should meet?
4. Do you have any overarching plot ideas?
5. How can I improve this storybook experience for you?

IMPORTANT:

On communication.

I'm a firm believer that storybook writers should communicate more outside the storybook than within it. As such, I'd like to put my contact information out there for everyone to know. Please come to me with any issues, concerns, ideas, etc.

MSN: dono87@gmail.com
GTalk: dono87@gmail.com
Obviously, the YWS Chat Room is a fantastic resource.

The (Starting) Groups: (Main Contact in Italics)
Kylie’s Research Team: Rydia (Kylie), JordanPierre (Nathan Boskuy), Lothbrok (Malcom Addler)
Ashville Outskirts Settlement: Charlie (Bernard), bowserette (Joanna), Cadi (Toni),
Supply Runners: LowKey (Becka), Via (Seal), and Threnody (Annika)
Solo: Ego (Kevin), Lumi (Judah), ScarlettFire (Amber)

The places:
The Settlement: Originally a plantation in the rural, unincorporated area of Ashville, this place has been essentially converted into a small town, complete with a solid fence preventing intrusions. by the undead. Run by a religious leader. Approx. 200 people living there. [i]If you don’t have a plan for your character, make them a citizen of this place. Talk to Charlie, he is essentially in charge of this area, as his character (Bernard) is rather important there. Birth control is not widely available so this will include young children. Kylie’s research team stops here to resupply and to collect additional people to accompany her on her trip. This is an ideal opportunity for your character to join the group.

The Roadside Bar: Rocko’s! Teeny, tiny fortress along the freeway, a cafe-turned safe haven for those in need. Individuals are checked for bites and signs of illness before they’re allowed to enter. Weapons are allowed here, but don’t cause trouble, for Rocko has guards and the man himself is ex-military.

Ashville Ruins: The ghost town that was once Ashville. Very, very few people live there, and even fewer survive there. The walkers own this place. The only reason to go there is to retrieve supplies..or to die. This is where the group will eventually be heading.
Last edited by Ego on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:06 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

1. How awesome is it that Necropolis is back? Super duperly awesome!
2. Where are your characters starting? Just outside the settlement, at a roadside bar, looking for a guide (Kevin).
3. Do you have any ideas of whom your character should know, or how they should meet? You know I do! Most are on the titan pad and I'm lazy but a quick run through is Kylie will meet Kevin in the bar but they'll go their seperate ways and she'll try to recruit others to work for her so anyone who wants an opening, see me!
4. Do you have any overarching plot ideas? Yush. Kylie is a bad Kylie and wants to capture a specimen to study despite the risks to everyone around her. The settlement of course can't be told or they'll refuse.
5. How can I improve this storybook experience for you? Give me cookies! Or uh... just keep being you :)

Communication.

Add me on facebook and feel free to chat to me on there, the name's 'Heather Marie Warren' and I'm at Hull university. Just let me know you're a YWS'er obviously.

Also Skype: heather.warren.15 (Once again, tell me who you are!)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:11 am
View Likes
LowKey says...

*Very* awesome. Already having fun seeing some familiar characters in the profiles.
On a run for supplies, most likely. Still deciding on a location for her group's base. It'd be somewhere with basic supplies initially, but somewhere where they were easily exhausted. Thinking perhaps a hotel in the downtown area. It's not really vital information unless we end up going there.
3. Do you have any ideas of whom your character should know, or how they should meet?
Preferably while my character is out on the supply run. It would be the most convenient, in any case. I've also made room in case anyone wanted to be Becka's partner on the supply runs. I've included my skype id below if anyone wanted to talk over some possibilities.

Edit: Made arrangements with Threnody to have our characters run into each other on a supply run. The basic plan is for Becka to ditch her partner at some point after the run and take off. If any last minute sign ups over the weekend still wanted to use Becka's partner to ease in, that's fine. Just expect she'd be ditching without warning and not taking you with her. Doesn't mean you can't follow.

No long term ones. I'm excited to see how it'll turn out myself. Something that might be handy to think about in the meantime is how we're all going to group up. Right now, from my perspective with my character, I could either start bringing characters back to my character's existing group, or my character could jump away and join another group, consisting at least partly of other writers' characters. It'd do no good to go from being with a bunch of NPCs to more NPCs. ;)
Impossible. You brought back Necropolis. As long as there's clear communication all around, there shouldn't be much to improve.
Communication:
dreamer.yws on skype is the best way to contact me beyond YWS chat.
Last edited by LowKey on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:57 pm
View Likes
Crysi says...

A-mazing. I missed it. <3
Still figuring that out. Wherever it is, it's most likely with Bernard.
Anyone from the Costco group, obviously. Other people can meet at the settlement outside the city.
Not really. I would like to see us continue to focus on character development.
Definitely keep up communication -- I don't see that being a problem, but hey, you asked.

Communication:
YWS chat, obviously.
Edited for reasons.
Last edited by Crysi on Wed May 14, 2014 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love and Light

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:16 pm
View Likes
Charlie II says...

|------------------- at least THIS awesome -------------------------------|
Bernard will be starting at the Ashville settlement. As the only surviving doctor he is invaluable to the survivors' society and "those in charge" are unwilling to let him leave for long.
Bernard knows Jo, Kev, and practically everyone at the settlement. As Kev is currently missing (presumed dead), Jo is the only other character he knows from the original storybook.
Aside from Kylie's search for a cure, Bernard wants to try and preserve knowledge. He is on the look-out for medical textbooks that he can loot and bring back to the settlement. Bernard believes that, with real textbooks as aids, he can pass on his skills to the next generation.
Let's see about starting it before we think about improving it. ;)

Communication:
YWS chat or a mainsite PM are the best ways to contact me. If you're really desperate you could try my email address: charlie.hornsby (the "at" sign) hotmail.co.uk
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:58 am
View Likes
Threnody says...

I was never a part of the first storybook but I have high hopes for this one and I'm very excited.
Annika will be starting outside of Ashville travelling into it. She is searching for food and supplies as she is very low on them and is growing very weak both mentally and physically. If she comes into contact with anyone in Ashville she will be very wary.
There is a good chance that she knows any of the military type people in some way as she has forged many connections through her work as a Military Lawyer.
She will most likely end up assisting Kylie and Bernard in finding a cure by conducting field research. She often puts herself in harms way to study the zombies and writes down her observations in a notebook which helps her understand them. She'd definitely like to assist a medical team.
Everything looks great so far. Nothing I can see so far presents any issues. ;)
Communication:
YWS chat or PMs are the best. GTalk, GoogleDocs, or simply email works as well. The address for the three last options is emilia.vienne@gmail.com
Last edited by Threnody on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:11 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

1. How awesome is it that Necropolis is back? I wasn't part of the first one, but I hope this one will be just as awesome!

2. Where are your characters starting? Probably with the group, and most likely in a locked room. The gear she has does look kinda suspicious, not to forget mentioning that she looks like a government agent or something. I really wouldn't blame the other characters for being wary of her.

3. Do you have any ideas of whom your character should know, or how they should meet? Amber may know Kylie, if they're from the same secure gov lab/infectious disease research centre, which is probably unlikely. She might also know Nathan, if they both know Kylie. Again, that's unlikely. As for how she might meet people. Hmm, I don't really have any ideas, other than her stumbling across them very much by accident. (-If this isn't okay, please tell me. And if you want your character to know mine, please speak to me.)

4. Do you have any overarching plot ideas? The laptop and the "research" notes will be important--the laptop does contain encrypted files on the outbreak, possibly a series of video-dairy-esque clips on it, too. It might be a good idea to find someone who could hack into them. The research notes are mostly just that, with some possible chemical equations on Chemical Agent Z-1412. Then again, it could just be accountant notes. Amber hasn't actually looked at them yet. (-Again, if this isn't okay, please tell me.)

Other than that, I've got nothing and would like to see how this turns out. I'm sure there'll be plenty of twists to come!

5. How can I improve this storybook experience for you? Communication; it's important. I don't really have any more thoughts on the matter. Perhaps starting it is the first step? XD

Communication; YWS Chat/chat PMs and site PMs are probably your best bet. You can try me on Skype; my Skype name being jbscarlett, but you might not get a hold of me, as I can't always use it. If you want to talk to me on MSN, despite me rarely ever being online, you may PM me asking for my email. Do remember to tell me you're a YWSer when contacting me via Skype/MSN or I might ignore you.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:05 pm
View Likes
Via says...

--Personally, I'm pretty excited. Although I didn't exactly participate in the first one. I'm much cooler now.
--Probably in the city. She doesn't know anyone yet, but has found a place that she's been in for a couple days.
--Currently she doesn't know anyone, but I'm imagining her meeting people on accident in the city. Maybe spooking each other.
--Erm. Um. ..no.
It hasn't started yet! I'll tell you down the road ;)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:23 pm
Lothbrok says...

Looking forwards to this, hope it goes all the way to its completion. I'd hate for something this good to die before its time.
Should be contactable on Skype under - history.boy1
If at first you don't succeed then destroy any evidence that you ever tried

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:57 am
Via says...

I'll take that run, Threnody :)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:01 am
Threnody says...

Hi, thanks Via, but I've co-written this section with LowKey who has written a response to the post. Sorry!
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:22 am
LowKey says...

Current plan for Becka, Seal, and Annika:

Annika walks in on Seal raiding a place. They're tucked away in a back corner, not immediately obvious. Seal hears/sees Becka come in and darts away before Becka sees her. Becka starts looking for supplies, hears a sound, sees Annika. Brief conversation follows, talk of the settlement comes up, then they go their separate ways. Becka goes straight back to her base with her partner afterwards.

For writers for characters who aren't mentioned above, this isn't really important unless you were planning on using the scene to jump your character in. You could still use it if you wanted, but try to get in contact with one of the writers of the above characters first to make sure your plan works with theirs.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:21 pm
Ego says...

I realized earlier that I’ve been talking to a bunch of people about various aspects of the Storybook, but not everyone knows what’s going on, where we are, where people are starting, etc.

The (Starting) Groups: (Main Contact in Italics)
Kylie’s Research Team: Rydia (Kylie), JordanPierre (Nathan Boskuy), Lothbrok (Malcom Addler)
Ashville Outskirts Settlement: Charlie (Bernard), bowserette (Joanna), Cadi (Toni),
Supply Runners: LowKey (Becka), Via (Seal), and Threnody (Annika)
Solo: Ego (Kevin), Lumi (Judah), ScarlettFire (Amber)

The places:
The Settlement: Originally a plantation in the rural, unincorporated area of Ashville, this place has been essentially converted into a small town, complete with a solid fence preventing intrusions. by the undead. Run by a religious leader. Approx. 200 people living there. [i]If you don’t have a plan for your character, make them a citizen of this place. Talk to Charlie, he is essentially in charge of this area, as his character (Bernard) is rather important there. Birth control is not widely available so this will include young children. Kylie’s research team stops here to resupply and to collect additional people to accompany her on her trip. This is an ideal opportunity for your character to join the group.

The Roadside Bar: Rocko’s! Teeny, tiny fortress along the freeway, a cafe-turned safe haven for those in need. Individuals are checked for bites and signs of illness before they’re allowed to enter. Weapons are allowed here, but don’t cause trouble, for Rocko has guards and the man himself is ex-military.

Ashville Ruins: The ghost town that was once Ashville. Very, very few people live there, and even fewer survive there. The walkers own this place. The only reason to go there is to retrieve supplies..or to die. This is where the group will eventually be heading.
Got YWS? I do.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:19 pm
Lothbrok says...

Ego, I've made it so Addler and his men are in Rocco's bar instead of beginning with the convoy, if that's okay with everyone. I just thought that it would make more sense for them to join Kylie now that she is in need of soldiers rather than signing up with an American Military Convoy from the get-go when they would have little need for outside help.
If at first you don't succeed then destroy any evidence that you ever tried

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:19 pm
Ego says...

Works for me.
Got YWS? I do.

If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood.
— Peter Handke